6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2019 15:57:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he walks into the front entrance, oblivious to the general consensus of how the gym was ran. he simply goes by the tradition at which gyms are usually held-- walk into the gym, ask for a battle, win, and go home with a badge.

kyle has heard rumors about the queen, but it ended with that. all of his information about her were mostly rumors and news about the recent 'coronation' upon her instigation to the roster of gym leaders of hoenn. he knows not to trust on it and decides to form his own opinion on her instead.

that wasn't his priority though. winning the badge was more important.

the trainer knocks on the front door. upon not getting a response within the next few seconds, he decides it upon himself to open the doors and let himself in. "hello?" he greets to no one in particular.

he would start to walk inside should no one come meet him, wandering the halls of the gym recently renovated by the city's new gym leader.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2019 20:24:45 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
There was no door. There is no front entrance. There was barely an archway to mark any kind of threshold into the gym of ruin. However, strides have been made to reconstruct the once great silver spire and construction workers could be seen with their rock, ground, steel type Pokémon working as Kyle entered. He would be stopped by a blue and silver clad member of the crown. Who then promptly redirected him towards a smaller chamber to the left of where they had previously been waiting.

Inside was none other than the crest of strength, .

must face off against the gym trainer first !
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 17:16:46 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

The room that the gym trainer was sitting in looked like an old church room, with the roof destroyed and the seats destroyed. The sun was beaming through, lighting the place op and covering the stone pillars with their warm embrace. In the middle, sitting on a chair and reading a book as the first, and only, Gym Trainer of the sootopolis gym: Balder Schwartz. Wearing a long white coat, lined with silver buttons, blue pants and white boots (Kingsglaive outift but in white and blue). On his shoulder rested his Cyndaquil, Ash, who seemed to be asleep. [break][break]

As the steps of the challenger ringed through the hall, Balder looked up. Seeing the figure of Kyle approaching, he proceeded to closing his book, waking the little cyndaquil on his shoulder at the same time. The man stood up, moving the chair out of the way, as they were about to start a battle soon. After the individual from Oliva's group finished guiding the challenger, Balder gently dropped Ash on the ground and bowed to the fighter.[break][break]

"Welcome, Challenger, to the Sootopolis Gym. Sorry for all the mess you saw at the entrance, we,re still rebuilding the place to have it fit the many themes Olivia has planned. Supposedly they'll make this room into a forge too... Anyways, my name's Balder Schwartz, the Crest of Strenght. My trial is actually simple: Show me your strenght, your prowess as a trainer, and you'll be on your way. Rules are simple: 2 pokemon each, switching allowed, but no items. And I'll be starting with Ash, my Cyndaquil."[break][break]

The little critter moved forward at the mention of his name and released flames from her back. The flames seemed bigger and stronger, possibly due to the sun being out, acting as a permanent sunny day. Now, was Kyle ready for his trial challenge? Would he be able to overcome the challenge he has before him and proceed to challenging the Gym Leader?

[break][break]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn"]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn2"]

[attr="class","niknikpkmn3"]ASH THE CYNDAQUIL
[break]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn4"]FEMALE // BLAZE
[break]
awaiting the start of battle.

[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr="class","niknik6"]
[attr="class","niknikarrow"]
[break]
[attr="class","niknik7"]
0000 WORDS FOR [break]
Facing the first challenger
[break][break]

[attr="class","niknik3"]Balder's first challenger as a Gym trainer. How will things go? Reminder that Sunny Day is always active due to the sun beaming in.
[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
[newclass=.niknik]background:url(http://i.imgur.com/zdRYSOK.png);padding:0px 10px;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2]padding:25px;padding-bottom:35px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2 b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2 font]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#c7ac42;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik3]background-color:#f5de6e;padding:20px;font:8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;color:#333333;margin-top:-12px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.niknik4]-ms-transform: rotate(270deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(270deg);transform: rotate(270deg);font:50px Montserrat;color:#f9f9f9;line-height:60px!important;height:40px;letter-spacing:-7px;width:500px;margin-left:-223px;margin-bottom:250px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik5]padding:6px 2px;width:40px;height:32px;background-color:#333333;margin-top:-25px;float:right;margin-right:10px;border-radius:50px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik6]margin:-24px 0px;height:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikarrow]border-bottom:solid 10px #f5de6e;border-left:solid 10px transparent;border-right:solid 10px transparent;width:0px;height:0px;float:right;margin:-20px 20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;-webkit-transition: all .3s ease; -moz-transition: all .3s ease; -o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik:hover .niknikarrow]margin-top:-80px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik7]border-top:solid 5px #f5de6e;background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:10px;font:10px Roboto;color:#333333;line-height:10px!important;position:relative;z-index:1;margin-top:-24px;height:35px;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all .3s ease; -moz-transition: all .3s ease; -o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik7 a]font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;color:#c7ac42;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik:hover .niknik7]margin-top:-84px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.niknikpkmn]border:solid 1px #eeeeee;padding:9px;margin:8px 0 -24px 0;font:10px Roboto;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn2]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100px;background-color:#eeeeee;margin:-15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn3]font:15px Montserrat;color:#c7ac42;line-height:15px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn4]color:#333333;margin:-5px 0;font-weight:700!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 19:06:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"wait, i'm not fighting the gym leader?"

although he questions it, he complies with the challenge nonetheless.

"a two versus two is fine, i guess."

he was prepared to deal with water-types, in accordance to what he heard about the type of pokemon the gym leader uses. bringing rock-types, which would have brought type advantage against the cyndaquil, never occurred to him. he ponders about it for a while, crossing his arms as he did, before giving up.

in the end, he sends out one of his mightyena.

"echo, now."

the canine reveals himself, releasing a howl to announce his presence. tail moved excitedly behind him as he readied himself against the opponent. he readies his stance as soon as he hears his trainer's voice, replying with his own.

hyper voice. the mightyena released a booming sound coming from him, its volume and frequency enough for it to generate devastating force and deafening sounds. an element of roar would be present, forcing the cyndaquil out against its will.

kyle's hands would cover his ears as the battle ensued.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 3:24:40 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

Had he not been told by Olivia that he needed to face some trials before fighting her directly? Most likely she forgot... "You'll fight Olivia after defeating me. Normally there's a bunch of trials to be done, but since the gym is being rebuilt, you've been spared from most of them." He then observes his opponent, who seems to be in thought from seeing the Cyndaquil step forward. Most likely the challenger expected the trainer's pokemons to be the same as the gym leaders, but wouldn't that be just boring and lackluster?[break][break]

In the end, he pulled out a Mightyena. Balder raised an eyebrow, looking at the pokemon. So the man hadn't simply geared his team toward the gym leader's weakness. At least he wasn't dumb, for keeping a neutral type in his team in case something happens. And the combination of move that he did was promising. As Balder covered his ears from the ruckus caused by the hyena pokemon, Ash retreated to her pokeball immediatly. Not only had it forced Balder to reveal his second pokemon right away, but it also helped dealing some damage.[break][break]

Time to oblige. Balder smirked as he pulled out his second pokeball and threw it. In a flash of light appeared the Alolan Golem, ready to rumble. "Alright Geo, let's show the challenger what we're made of! Steamroller!!" The golem retracted his arms, legs, heads and canons into his body before spinning on itself, gaining speed. As it felt it was fast enough, it began charging forward, aiming to hit the wolf-like pokemon.

[break][break]

[attr="class","niknikpkmn3"]GEO THE ALOLAN GEODUDE
[break]
[attr="class","niknikpkmn4"]MALE // MAGNET PULL
[break]
used steamroller

[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr="class","niknik6"]
[break]
[attr="class","niknik7"]
0000 WORDS FOR [break]
Facing the first challenger
[break][break]

[attr="class","niknik3"]Balder's first challenger as a Gym trainer. How will things go? Reminder that Sunny Day is always active due to the sun beaming in.
[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.niknik]background:url(http://i.imgur.com/zdRYSOK.png);padding:0px 10px;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik2]padding:25px;padding-bottom:35px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik3]background-color:#f5de6e;padding:20px;font:8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;color:#333333;margin-top:-12px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.niknik4]-ms-transform: rotate(270deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(270deg);transform: rotate(270deg);font:50px Montserrat;color:#f9f9f9;line-height:60px!important;height:40px;letter-spacing:-7px;width:500px;margin-left:-223px;margin-bottom:250px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik5]padding:6px 2px;width:40px;height:32px;background-color:#333333;margin-top:-25px;float:right;margin-right:10px;border-radius:50px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikarrow]border-bottom:solid 10px #f5de6e;border-left:solid 10px transparent;border-right:solid 10px transparent;width:0px;height:0px;float:right;margin:-20px 20px 0px 0px;position:relative;z-index:1;-webkit-transition: all .3s ease; -moz-transition: all .3s ease; -o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik7]border-top:solid 5px #f5de6e;background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:10px;font:10px Roboto;color:#333333;line-height:10px!important;position:relative;z-index:1;margin-top:-24px;height:35px;overflow:hidden;-webkit-transition: all .3s ease; -moz-transition: all .3s ease; -o-transition: all .3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknik7 a]font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;color:#c7ac42;[/newclass]

[newclass=.niknikpkmn]border:solid 1px #eeeeee;padding:9px;margin:8px 0 -24px 0;font:10px Roboto;color:#999999;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn2]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100px;background-color:#eeeeee;margin:-15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn3]font:15px Montserrat;color:#c7ac42;line-height:15px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.niknikpkmn4]color:#333333;margin:-5px 0;font-weight:700!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 17:41:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was met with a golem as a replacement. it does not look like the variant he was familiar with however, although he assumes it was similar to the differences his two ninetales have. their general performance should be the same, with only the typing as the distinction between the two forms.

not that the assumption would help him. high defenses coupled with adequate offenses doesn't really help his case.

i fucked up haha...

the momentum of the golem was enough for it to hit the mightyena before kyle could think of countermeasures. echo wasn't suited for opponents that act as juggernauts and was more apt for a different kind of match-up. perhaps calling it out was a bad choice.

the impact brought the canine to get thrown off, landing a significant distance away due to the sheer difference in weight. an anxious, ready-to-retaliate mightyena would soon find itself back to its pokeball as kyle opts for another pokemon to take its place.

"if i can switch then..."

it still looked like a rock-type. kyle decides to use the best thing he has at the moment against rock-types.

"venu!"

the large grass-type takes the field. kyle takes note of the intense warmth from the sun-- a factor he has not considered until now. at least he won't need his own weather starter for this match.

"solar beam!"

the attack takes little to no time to charge, firing off towards the golem almost instantaneously as the command left kyle's tongue.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 23:01:20 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

A direct hit, and a hard one at that too. Geo's Steamroller seemed to had dealt considerable damage to the Mightyena, even though it got back up rather quickly and ready to engage. Geo returned near his trainer. As Balder was about to give new orders to his pokemon, Kyle proceeded to call back his wolf. In his stead, the challenger called out a Venusaur. A wise choice, but would it have the power to stop Geo? "Steamroller, again."[break][break]

The quesiton to the previous question? Yes. Kyle had finally noticed the sun beaming in, which tended to affect certain pokemons. Venusaur was part of those pokemons, due to the move he was now using: Solar Beam. As Geo rolled at full speed towards the green giant, he met the solar-powered laser head-on and tried to fight back for a few second before getting pushed back, sent flying against a pillar that collapsed due to the sheer weight. Even though his pokemon had been knocked out so easily, Balder smiled.[break][break]

"Good choice. If you had failed to abuse the power of the sun, I fear your Venusaur would've suffered a fair bunch. But..." Balder recalled the golem to his pokeball before pulling Ash out again. "Your pokemon ain't the only one who can harness the sun here. Ash, Full Power Eruption." As the little critter touched the ground, flames erupted from his back, growing bigger by the second before they concentrated into a gigantic pillar and charging at Venusaur.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]
used steamroller

[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr="class","niknik6"]
[break]
[attr="class","niknik7"]
0000 WORDS FOR [break]
Last Pokemon
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 3:28:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the choice to either risk it for his venusaur to tank the attack with synthesis or simply go for the safer move was presented to kyle. with little to no time to decide, he defaults to the one he is more comfortable with.

"sleep."

instead of blocking the attack with their own, the venusaur releases a sweet scent that eases everyone on the field. a cloud of pollen would soon scatter, its volume too numerous for flames from the eruption to burn easily. sleep powder covers the arena, to which kyle would cover his face in response. he motions for balder to do the same.

the eruption hits the venusaur soon after. kyle recalls the grass-type back to its ball as the attack connected, replacing it with his mightyena afterwards. the particles in the air had subsided by the time he enters the field.

he waits for the sleep powder to take effect before issuing another command.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 4:02:39 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

Surprisingly, the challenger didn't try to counter the move, nor tank through it. While the spores he had scattered were indeed slowing down the progress of the flames, they didn't serve to stop it. It was to relax and force the Cyndaquil to sleep. A bold move, if one could say. Because by doing so, he could be sacrificing his Venusaur. Is this victory worth sacrificing his pokemon? [break][break]

Seeing Kyle motion at him, Balder proceeded with covering his nose and mouth with a scarf he had in his pocket, allowing him to breath without falling asleep. As the Cyndaquil started to stagger on her feet before falling asleep, the gym trainer decided to ask a question. "Tell me, challenger. Do you seek victory at all cost, even if it meant sacrificing your companions? The strategy in itself was good, but I'm not sure if your Venusaur was alright with your choice."[break][break]

Maybe he wasn't well placed to talk, as he did let Geo get defeated easily instead of taking the easy route and go on the defensive. Yet his role was not to defeat everyone that came forward to challenge the gym, but to test their mettle. And his pokemons knew that too... Well, hopefully. As the spores finally dissipated, Ash was soundly asleep, unmoving and vulnerable. "Come on Ash, wake up and go all out!" 

[break][break]

[break]

[break]

ash is fast asleep

[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","niknik6"]
[break]

[attr="class","niknik7"]

0000 WORDS FOR [break]

Last Pokemon
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 16:57:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
maybe. you tell me.

...is what he would have said if he was to be tactless about it.

"he's... fine. singed and burned, but fine."

he pulls out the venusaur's pokeball. he is tempted to take him out to show him to the opposing trainer, but decides against it.

"eruption-- move's power lowers as the user gets hurt. i might have attempted something else if it was any other move to be honest."

he stretched the truth, but he was supposed to say something about it anyways.

the hyper voice from earlier supposedly got the cyndaquil injured enough to lower the power to some extent. the sun might have compensated for the lost power, but he believes in his venusaur's bulk. it wasn't as agile as his mightyena, so it was safe to presume that it compensates in another department.

"shadow ball."

a concentration of energy would manifest itself on the manectric's mouth, enlarging with every passing moment. as soon as echo deemed it sufficient enough, the shadow ball is released towards the sleeping cyndaquil.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 21:57:06 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

So his Venusaur was still good to go... That didn't make the strategy feel any less bad for Balder, but maybe he saw it the wrong way? Maybe Kyle had actually chosen this path because he trusted his pokemon? Also, the fact that he had good knowledge about the move Balder had used seemed to point to this conclusion as well. The Gym Trainer smiled as he removed the scarf covering his mouth and nose. [break][break]

"Guess I misjudged you then. Your heart is stronger then I expected, and you trust your pokemons. That's a good quality for a trainer. If I didn't have so many restrictions, I'd love to go full power against your team, but you got a gym challenge to complete... So when you feel like it, we'll have a better fight next time. Ash, let's finish this." As he said those last words, the Cyndaquil's eyes opened up and the small creature got up on her 4 legs. Sadly, as she got up, the fire pokemon got struck by the Shadow Ball from the Mightyena. A cloud of smoke rose from the explosion caused by the attack, covering the Cyndaquil's form.[break][break]

As the smoke dissipated, you could see the Cyndaquil still standing, although bruised everywhere and panting. Holding on to the small sliver of live that remained. Looking back to her tamer, the fire pokemon let out a determined roar before releasing flames from her back, bigger then ever, to prove she could still fight. "Guess you're getting fired up huh? This will be the last move though. Ash, use Burn Up, and put everything into it!"[break][break]

The flames on Cyndaquil's back grew bigger and stronger, almost reaching Balder's height, before suddenly vanishing. Ash then opened her mouth, releasing a gigantic flame lance, bigger in size compared to the eruption from earlier. While the move in itself was strong already, the fact that the sun was boosting Cyndaquil, as well as his ability, was potentially making this attack more dangerous than the eruption previously.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]
ash woke up![break]
Ash uses Burn Up (Sunny Day + Blaze Buff)

[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr="class","niknik6"]
[break]
[attr="class","niknik7"]
0000 WORDS FOR [break]
Last Ditch Move
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 3:28:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the moment that his mightyena stops to attack would be the end of the match. he wasn't sure if his venusaur could even fight despite of what he said either. the only option was to dodge, but there were no assurance that the fired up cyndaquil would let up from its assault.

"move. move!"

the mightyena would force its legs to go at the command, although its initial steps were insufficient enough to completely take him out of danger. the intensity of the flames were miscalculated, with the canine not having taken into account the boosts given by the cynaquil's ability and the weather.

a cry would sound as his rear suffered burns, but it wouldn't stop it from moving.

legs would try to move away from the pillar of fire as hurriedly as possible. stopping to aim for an attack would be impossible. kyle assumes the best move for the situation would be one that required no such thing.

"uproar!"

still on the move, a loud noise would resonate in the area, drowning everything possible sound in the vicinity. it was of a different nature than hyper voice, which was a direct attack with shock waves. uproar was more straight forward in a sense that it was what one expects directly from a sound-based move.

kyle covers his ears as his mightyena circles around the cyndaquil in a maintained distance, loud noise blaring.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 3:51:48 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niknik"]
[attr="class","niknik4"]

re-arrange you

[attr="class","niknik2"]

The pillar of flame was ravaging the room. Even though Ash did strike the Mightyena, the flames didn't magically stop at his opponent's range: it was hitting the walls of stones, burning their surface. As the wolf finally got out of range of the flames, the Cyndaquil's attack ended, smoke coming out of her back, sign that she had burned out and was now typeless.[break][break]

Yet, the fight wasn't over. Echo and Kyle hadn't given up just yet. The wolf was now circling the Cyndaquil, unleashing the attack Uproar to try and finish her off. Ash tried to cover her ears, to reduce the noise, holding on as much as possible. She wanted to keep fighting, to defeat this full-grown pokemon and show her superiority. She moved her front legs from her ears, ready to retaliate with her own assault.[break][break]

That is, until she vanished in a flash of red. Balder had called her back to her pokeball. "You tend to be too stubborn and prideful for your own good Ash. Kyle, it's your win this time. You, Echo and Venu have passed the Trial of strength." The giant approached the challenger and gently dropped a hand on his shoulder. "Now go, show your strength and your bonds to Olivia. And you better not lose that fight or I'll make your trial harder when you try again." And with this, the Gym Trainer exited the room, allowing a member of the Crown to come in and prepare to guide Kyle to Olivia's room.

[break][break]

[break]
[break]
ash as been defeated (Against her will)

[break][break]
[break][break]
[attr="class","niknik6"]
[break]
[attr="class","niknik7"]
0000 WORDS FOR [break]
Last Ditch Move
[break][break]

[attr="class","niknik3"]Kyle Wins and can now face the gym leader directly! Unless a trial remains.
[break]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

[attr="class","niknik5"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 19:56:43 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

a member of the crown came to retrieve kyle, offering him a curt congratulations on besting balder as they led the trainer through the halls of ruin. he was taken towards the back of the crumbling castle towards a massive open room. the last thing the crown member said before leaving was, "enjoy your dance in the ball room." were kyle to look around, he would see massive pillars supporting a cracked dome roof overhead, there was more than enough room for several dragon pokemon to fly freely. the cobbled floor had given way to patches of soil where greenery began to sprout, other places pools of water had collected over the years.

opposite from where kyle had been left, olivia waited in a long white lab coat, a simple blouse of blue and black underneath, black leggings, and training shoes. "you defeated balder, well done." she said flatly in congratulations. "i take it your pokemon are injured from the prior battle. while i cannot force you to do anything, but i would recommend against using the same pokemon lest you leave them exhausted." with that said, she motioned to the room around and began, "as you are well aware by now, this is the gym of ruin, and i am olivia abbiati. since you've faced off against balder already and won, we will do a three versus three; or the trial of three faces."

she produced three pokeballs from a pocket in her coat. "three pokemon, one from each stage of evolution. they do not need to be of the same species. once the battle is complete, we will have a meal afterward to talk while our pokemon are tended to." the explanation finished, she released her pokemon before her: azumarill, brionne, and piplup. "you may make the first move, challenger."

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-spinner"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Olivia has released her pokemon!

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 3:23:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
an audible grumble could be heard from kyle as the rules were stated for him. bothersome would be the word to describe his opinion on the matter.

"aight. give me a moment."

he releases a manectric from his pokeball, hopping over his back as to mount it. he whispers the destination to its ears before he turns back to the gym leader before him. he didn't want her to misunderstand his actions after all.

"everything else i brought is part of a two-stage line, so, uh, i'm changing my lineup. it won't take long."

he zooms out with his manectric, and appears on top of his arcanine the next moment. tailwind followed their appearance from transitioning from extreme speed, to teleport and then to a sudden stop. the arcanine skids on the gym floors, with kyle hopping off before the fire-type fully halts. he releases three other pokemon as soon as his legs reach the floor.

"safeguard, gravity, acid spray!"

the three appear in a defensive formation: eelektross in the front and both chansey and togepi at the back.

togepi releases a protective field around the trio. chansey intensifies the gravity in the area, forcing eelektross back onto the ground and limiting the movements of the other side. eelektross releases his attack in a widespread manner, aiming at everyone at the expense of hitting them with a lesser volume.

kyle has not used these pokemon much, if at all. he is at a disadvantage even before the match started, but there was nothing else to be done if his best 'mons were not a part of a three-stage line.

he knows all of their functions and capabilities however. he hopes that information is enough for him to seize victory.