I. DESERT RUINS RAID

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 4:05:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Guided by the hand of the guilty

Alex’s eyes narrow; someone in the cavern was quite the opportunist. Attempting to capture the behemoth pokemon? It was bold, and the councilman would be impressed if the stray ball didn’t seem to be the catalyst for what followed.

”It’s glowing. That’s probably bad…” Alex utters dryly to himself. ”Let’s go you two.” his mawile and torterra turn their heads only for their vision to be swallowed by a quick, transparent flash of red. Alex returned them to their balls, and looked towards his old friend. , proactive as ever, mounts her metagross and heads towards the exit, holding out a hand to help anyone along the way. The sight of her unhurt—relatively speaking, and even at that, only on the outside—brings a small, relieved grin to his face.

It was time to catch a ride. Teleport, Teena, far ahead of Amos.” teleport was a finicky move. Escaping from a cave (or any enclosed space, really) with it rarely seemed to work, but moving around inside one? That was fine.

Something about the move always compels Alex to lay his head back. In one moment, there’s a tugging at every fiber of his being; his vision blurs, and there’s a hell of a catch in his chest. It was that feeling that people get when they’re asleep but suddenly jump awake in primal surprise as a falling sensation overtakes their upper body.

Teleporting was like experiencing a hypnic jerk while standing and fully conscious. A terrifying thrill. At least for Alex.

As planned, his gardevoir positions the two of them well ahead of Vera and Amos, firstly so Alex has time to recall his partner to her ball. ”You did well, Teena. I love you.” And secondly, so Vera has time to notice Alex before her. As she passes by, he catches her hand and lifts himself atop the floating metagross.

”Vera Larch, fancy meeting you here.” He somehow has the audacity to joke. He notices a girl Vera had picked up on the way, and politely nods at her before continuing to talk to his friend.

”I didn’t die.” A callback to what she told him before they parted. Cheri’s death was one he missed in the chaos of things. He knows not the potential callousness of his words.

| ### | Alex rides out with Vera, nods at , *anime OP music plays in the background*

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans SC:400]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 4:25:42 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","euterpe"]
[attr="class","euterpe2"]
[attr="class","euterpetop"]

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpeicon"][attr="class","ion-leaf"]

[attr="class","euterpepost"]

The fight was over.[break][break]

Kapow dismounted from the Regirock as the overgrown legendary began to glow. The dragon knew what explosion looked like–he did not want to see how much destruction that attack could cause. Still empowered by Dragon's Dance, he charged to join the others as they fled... and he grabbed those that were too slow. Tiny humans and their puny legs were easily swept into his arms if he noticed they were struggling to escape–which could have been terrifying, considering he was a dragon.[break][break]

He snagged to save Light from posting... along with several explorers who had wasted time screaming when the Regirock prepared its self-destruction (or anyone else that was just not feeling up to posting idk). He joined Bailey's side with his arms full, to which Bailey replied, “Put those down! They aren't yours!” He refused.[break][break]

Bailey had to pick up the pace, hoping that they still had enough time to get away. Tink was able to assist them up through the hole they had fallen through, back through the tunnel with the morelulls... and the light of the entrance was her one beacon of hope.[break][break]

notes: kapow kidnaps and several explorers that were being dumb (and someone else I guess?? just say so). The kommo-o follows bailey as she makes her escape with

[attr="class","euterpeline"]

[attr="class","euterpetag"]FOR THE RAID

[attr="class","euterpenotes"]

- - -

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Raleway:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.euterpe]border-left:solid 5px #222222;background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;width:374px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpe2]border:solid 1px #eeeeee;border-left:none;padding:39px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop]height:70px;margin-bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop div]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetop img]height:60px;width:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeline]border-top:double 3px #e5e5e5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpeicon]background-color:#ffffff;font-size:20px;color:#e5e5e5;width:40px;text-align:center;margin:-12px auto 0px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;width:150px;text-align:center;margin:-5px auto 0px auto;background-color:#ffffff;text-transform:uppercase;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpetag a]font:bold 7px Raleway;line-height:7px;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost]padding:25px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpepost font]font:14px Montserrat;color:#999999;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.euterpenotes]color:#999999;padding-top:25px;font-size:10px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 4:55:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
@raid
notes
★ help ian up
★ recalls pokemon
★ allez oop the fuck out of there on arcanine

ian’s chest rises and falls. it is all malcolm needs to see, and he cradles his husband’s face. unconscious. battered. still alive.

“he’s breathing.” hecate and ailie are beside him but malcolm murmurs it low to only himself. it is a confirmation he needs to hear out loud: impossible things have happened this day but ian’s death will not be one of them. he will not allow it.

pushing off the ground, malcolm recalls ian’s pokemon as well as his own fainted. the cloyster, umbreon, gigalith and oricorio fade into red, along with the unresponsive aegislash. pressing on the button of a pokeball, his husband’s arcanine gets to see the cave at its finale. the titan steadily growing alight and his own trainer limp as he being pulled up by malcolm.

malcolm cautions ailie as she helps to lift with the pulse of her own powers. ian’s body is heavy. warm. a reminder that it is nothing like the corpse malcolm handled as he tries to heft him on the arcanine’s back.

“please, apollo.” it has been a while since malcolm had ridden the arcanine. a fleeting memory when he last did: his front pressed against ian’s back, arms wrapped tight around his waist as apollo ran against the strong wind. i’ll not do that again, he had chided as soon as his feet met the ground. he was preening his curls with frantic fingers as his husband grinned at him, you’ve messed up my hair–

malcolm gets on the arcanine’s back. he eyes the efforts to ensure every person can make it out alive, but he has his own priority as he nudges apollo’s side with his heel and the pokemon starts to sprint.

a final look to the cave's engravings. malcolm will not forget them.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 5:26:06 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
on some level, incomprehensibly, persephone feels the titan's collapse as her own. a shattering of a legacy before her eyes that she couldn't prevent; that her pokemon took a part in.

she know the red glow emanating off its body like a searing burn, and contemplates accepting it, watching the rush of movement towards the exits with a disconnected borderline lack of interest, like her consciousness wasn't attached to the body.

maybe it was shock, maybe it was a death wish; it didn't matter.

she returns the relicanth to its capsule without looking at it, stumbles a few steps at the incessant pushing of her lucario before the motion sparks a burst of adrenaline that makes her run regardless.

"help me direct them towards the doors," she tells prosper, as the two of them grab an injured explorer off the floor and catch the attention of two others to marshal them towards the exit.

returns relicanth
looks around for people who are having difficulty
perse and lucario help an injured explorer and catch the attention of two others to lead them to an exit? idk
basically this @ the explorers
wants to play hero and be the last one out

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 5:32:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
things settle but there's one last obstacle they face: oblivion. the death of his kirlia never gets to settle. the lives of the living take priority. ditto is recalled and kecleon, who's in peak condition, is left to aid him. making it out with the rest should be a cakewalk.

but he's not alone. he's brought more than his pokemon for backup, and now it's time for him to repay the favor. lillian's incapacitated body is quick to be scooped up. she's thrown over his shoulder like a ragdoll, their sense of urgency too great to allow him to offer her a more comfortable position. "recall." is the only warning he needs to give her. she can infer the rest, pooling up their resources in time to make their get away.

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
on the nights I catch you standing, are you waiting for me?
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 5:39:21 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar

he throws her over his shoulder and she only just barely stifles a scream as her injured leg swings about limply. her left hand bunches itself in the back of his shirt to help her cope with the pain while her other reaches with trembling fingers for tulip's pokeball. the dragonair follows at their back quickly, but she doesn't want to risk losing her if the regirock goes off quicker than expected. she's recalled to her pokeball as fernando instructs.

their movement out of the soon-to-be-decimated chamber is a blur from there. pain clouds her thoughts and leaves her a pale, sweating mess. her teeth threaten to tear through her cheek as she bites down to keep from making too much noise.

notes: we outie

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 5:44:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the attack had worked. at least the woman could say she had accomplished one goal. moments later, the stone beast stopped moving entirely.

that was enough. she accepted the circumstances. she could rest, or so she thought, or so she hoped...

she didn't immediately see the commotion that followed, but she could hear it.

opening her eyes to that familiar sight, to that familiar sound, she was a child again. she was back on mt silver. she was on the ground, useless, fearful. it was all the same: the same cold paralysis that washed over her; the same emptiness in her head and in her chest; the same primal urges; the same inability to act on them. she couldn't make herself move. she couldn't even make herself think.

but again, there was a voice, familiar and strange at the same time. a gesture, warm, whether it wanted to be or not. suddenly, she wasn't alone.

her voice caught in her throat as the weight of the rocks lifted from her. her breath caught as everything else lifted as well.

despite her mind's refusal to cooperate, her body knew what to do. she stiffened her body so as to not fall from between those arms. one hand grasped wherever it could, while the other heeded the words that had found her ears. it was easy enough to click the button on that pokeball once more.

"thank you..."

to this young man; to his pokemon; to the capsule that never left her grasp; to the friend who would never return home with her again. under her breath, she repeated the words. a mantra. thank you. thank you. thank you.

once again, she was a failure.
once again, she was indebted.

※ thalia accepts the help
※ i am going to give you money
※ peace yall it's been good

@logan
@raid
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 6:46:51 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar

Regirock crumbles before them, its massive form reducing to nothing but a pile of stone. A headache persists but the task at hand is clear enough -- escape. The flood of people make their way toward the exit, Zeke among them.

- I'm so sorry I'm drunk and also crate training a puppy

@raid

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
I. DESERT RUINS RAID
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2018 13:39:46 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
MOD POST

[attr="class","aname2"]
READ CAREFULLY

[attr="class","ipad"]

EXPOSITION[break][break]
the mission is a success: both the rescue team and the explorers make their way out of the ruins in one piece. but more importantly, all of them live to tell the tale: they came face-to-face with a legendary and defeated it. not many have the luxury. whether they should be thankful for not is still up in the air.[break][break]

[break][break]
REWARDS[break][break]

[break][break]
OOC[break][break]
the first raid has officially ended! thank you to all who made this event great. both shiv and i loved modding and we look forawrd to the next event because we're sure you all will have a splendid time with just as many deaths (maybe even more).[break][break]

again, thank you! we love you and hoenn and we'll see you in the next event. sign-ups in a few days :eyes:

[googlefont=Montserrat][googlefont=Roboto Condensed]