shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 4:55:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
HOENN NEWS NETWORK

THE LATEST NEWS BROUGHT DIRECTLY TO YOU FROM YOUR TRUSTED BROADCASTER, TV MAUVILLE! 

VOLUME 1 ISSUE 4

BEASTS BATTED BACK; MOSSDEEP IN REPAIR
WRITTEN BY GABBY MARYANN
MOSSDEEP CITY — Thanks to the heroic efforts of many, Mossdeep has been saved from sheer destruction. Rebuilding efforts have commenced immediately due to The League refusing a repeat of Slateport's ruination. Despite the victorious outcome of The League's response, the public has been left shaken and curious about the existence of the wormhole assailants. One creature was last seen rocketing away in a similar fashion to Mossdeep's space shuttles.

Councilwoman (pictured right) had participated in the battles with one of these creatures. Of her experience, she testifies, "I thought that we might lose everything. but then I found faith in The League, in those who have sacrificed their lives and livelihoods to protect this region, and that faith saved us all." However, investigations are still underway about the origin and genesis of these creatures. Witnesses described them as otherworldly, alien, and completely opposite to what a Pokemon should look like in terms of anatomy. Despite the uncertainty, Councilwoman Morningstar says on behalf of The League: "In fear I find courage and bravery. if they do come back, this time, we will be ready. We ask you to continue to stand with us, to stand by us, and to trust us in these trying times."

In the meantime, The League has requested further assistance with Mossdeep's reconstruction. As a center of research and technological advancement, Mossdeep City possesses a distinguished significance for Hoenn's reputation, prompting The League to invest heavily into its restoration. While Unova may be heralded for its grand skyscrapers and Pasio may be admired for its artificial island, Hoenn's investments into space have the capacity to expand our world's possibilities to the sky and beyond.

A NEW DISCOVERY: "MEGA EVOLUTIONS"

WRITTEN BY
EVERGRANDE CITY — A new phenomena called "mega evolution" has been discovered in the Hoenn region following the events of the Mossdeep City attacks. These evolutions are catalyzed by stones dubbed "mega stones" by The League's R&D Department. Similar to evolutionary stones such as water or fire stones, these "mega stones" are able to evolve a pokemon as those two might. However, the latter is a only a temporary transformation which reverts after a set period of time.

Head Scientist, (pictured left), has commented on the discovery on behalf of himself and . He suggests that "the most exciting thing about mega stones is their possible uses. We don't yet know the entire scope of their capabilities." Indeed, the mega stones seem to resonate with curious energies which are currently undergoing further investigation.

Although mega stones are an exciting revelation in pokemon research, The League advises against dangerous expeditions to find these relics. Furthermore, not only are these stones rare, but they require a "mega accessory," a physical catalyst one must wear to activate the potential of the mega stone. Such accessories are only given out by The League but after proper screenings and a hefty cost. Certainly, due to the immense power of mega evolutions, The League is cautious of the possible risks of public access.

However, Lane possesses an optimistic outlook for the discovery's potential: "I think it'll be a great solution to problems that are tough to tackle with normal pokemon. Recently one of our rangers was able to move a beached wailord back to water with the help of their pokemon's mega evolution."

NEW CHAMPION APPOINTED TO PROVISIONAL SEAT
WRITTEN BY OLIVER WHITEWHIRL
RUSTBORO CITY — After Talia Bosch's abdication, the public was left wondering about her possible successor. Although the champion does not necessarily inhabit a political station, the role possesses a symbolic significance of security, pride and hope for Hoenn's people. Finally, after a long drawn search, The League has appointed (pictured below) to be champion for a temporary term.

In response to his appointment, Stone says, "I will give my life for the region and its people. All I ask for is your trust." In the aftermath of CEO Harold Stone's assassination, the ex-Gym Leader has worked in conjunction with The League to protect the region's strongholds while looking for a suitable replacement for his station in Rustboro.

With Stone's promotion, eyes are now on The League to pursue Elite Four appointments. Commissioner is currently discussing the development of the Pokemon League with officials, screening for suitable candidates to not only promote the region as an attractive cultural center for pokemon battling, but for the betterment of new generations of trainers. Goode says, "It is undoubtedly important for us to find our paragons. During these challenging times, we hope to shed light upon the brightest of talents who can lead us to finish the work we are in, who can salve the nation's wounds, and who can care for those who have borne the battles for their loved ones."

Currently, The League is processing Stone's transition into the champion's seat while deliberating upon the infrastructure for the Hoenn league.

Comment below with your character's username & icon (55x55). Code contained within the spoiler.

[div align="center"][div style="width:350px;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;"][div style="background-color:#1f1f1f;font-family:tahoma;font-size:7.5pt;text-align:justify;padding:40px;"][table style="width:100%;"][tbody][tr][td style="vertical-align:top;width:70px;"][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="http://placehold.it/55x55"][/td][td style="vertical-align:top;"][div style="font-family:courier new;font-size:8pt;font-weight:bold;"]USERNAME // [/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque efficitur lacus quis lacus tempor, sit amet rutrum purus rhoncus.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div][/div][/div]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 5:13:15 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
togekill//
"that faith saved us all?" the fuck? i did not break my arm just to "pray" that space pokemon away.
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 5:13:15 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
HOTS1NGLES //
Hot singles in Hoenn want to meet you now! Click here before it's too late!
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,499 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 5:16:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar
themachampion //
give ur life stone? how about u give me ur badge before u go become champion? and then u can give me champion too smile
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 5:23:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Stormyyyy<3 //
you got this babe! show 'em what you're made of!
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 5:40:25 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
invaderkim //
surprising lack of kim lately.

also amen @togekill i feel your pain.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,826 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 15:05:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
noah faber Avatar
themachampion //
give ur life stone? how about u give me ur badge before u go become champion? and then u can give me champion too smile

xxrioluxx //
sry who are u again xd
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2019 22:19:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Алёша //
Huh. THAT was what was going on around Mossdeep?

What in the ever-loving fuck?!
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 3:22:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
poochy123 //
i clicked on that hot singles thing but it's just a profile of a dead girl wtf
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 9:32:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando.silph //
they may not be listed by name due to privacy concerns but a special thanks and acknowledgement to those that stood up to the threats in mossdeep. these foreign pokemon demonstrated a power on a scale we have never seen before. i have no doubt that mossdeep would no longer be inhabitable if not for these brave heroes. 
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hnn - volume 1 issue 4
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 12:03:07 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
invaderkim //
@fernando.silph shut up