[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
takes place near the end of the RI day.

It’s a mess.

What a fucking mess.

Who knew that with most of the League forces away in Mossdeep doing who the hell knew what, there was a trap that was waiting to be sprung, ready to snap its jaws around two of the smaller towns? Specifically—one of them was Verdanturf, right where he fucking lived!

Arceus, why the fuck did it have to happen now, of all times?! He thought angrily, looking outside the window of his apartment and seeing the mess that was unfolding. Rain pelted across the windows, and he knew that if they weren’t driven back, the place was going to fall.

Much like how Slateport had in recent times!

Grabbing his phone, he quickly makes out to send a group message to the League members he knows, but he wonders if they’ll make it in time. For now, he’ll have to face this alone—not knowing that there were others out already in the muck of the mess, fighting it out and dealing with shit.

Making sure to secure the important valuables in the safe he has, he then grabs his six Pokéballs and heads out into the pouring rain, now misting up and providing cover for both raiders and defenders. It isn’t until he turns his gaze skyward does he see a sight he’s been meaning to deal with—the one who’d kidnapped her.

Oh, god, it made his blood boil.

Knowing he doesn’t want to waste any more time (and full-aware that Javert was at a slight disadvantage due to the weather) he summons up the big guns, and watches as Ro emerges from the red beam of light, stretching his four massive legs to steady himself in the mulch.

“Ro. Get up there. We’re going hunting.”

With that he quickly mounts the Metagross’ head, and the hulking blue beast folds its legs in and propels itself skywards, chasing down the Charizard that he’d sighted.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 21:19:31 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

What was supposed to be a day of triumpth for Rocket turned into a complete disaster.

Silas was dead, killed by the League. Despite the six to one advantage they held, the group would suddenly find itself disorganized, and getting taken out by the League. Several Rockets would find themselves being arrested, while others fled for their lives. Despite the presence of and himself, it wasn't enough to put the grunts back on track.

Seeing just how badly things were going, Dorian ordered the men under his command to retreat back to Slateport. It was only a matter of time before the League reclaimed the ruined city. And there was no way that he, or his boys, would be falling into League hands, not on his watch. All there was to do was to gather everything of value in the city that they could, and scatter to the winds, before it was too late. Perhaps the presence of his hostages could keep the League busy enough to buy them some time?

As Flaming Lizzy was soaring through the air as fast as she could, despite the torrential rainfall, Dorian would spot a man on a Metagross behind him. It became clear to the man that he was attempting to chase him down. Normally, the Mad Dog of Rocket was more than happy to take on anyone who wanted a shot at him. It was always entertaining to put such fools in their place. But today, he was not in the mood to toy around.

Finding a clearing, Dorian would command his Charizard to land. He would wait to see if his pursuer would join in. Swiftly dismounting the Charizard, Dorian casually twirled his pipe in one hand, while grabbing for a Pokeball with the other. "Let's see what you've got.", Dorian mumbled, waiting in anticipation for his adversary to greet him.

tags:
notes: Come at me, bro!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 21:33:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

He wondered if the man knew who he was.

Eh, probably not, he thought with a grim set to his face, a scowl marring his features. Shit, why the hell is it raining so hard, this never happens over here… he continues in the back of his head, steeling himself as Ro speeds up, ready to slam the Charizard if need be.

To his dismay, the other flew downward to a clearing—and even if he knew that he would potentially be walking into a trap, he urges Ro to follow the other.

No way is he going to let this one out of his sight.

He doesn’t know where everyone else is, at least not in the group of people he’d sent that message to—asking for back-up while the rest of the League-affiliated civilians were forced to flee from the place.

Seeing that the man has dropped down, he does the same, sliding off the Metagross’ back and secretly relieved to be back on ground that wasn’t fucking muddy. Now that Ro had unfolded his legs and was standing on much more even ground, Lars steps forward—and then for a few moments, silent shock.

Which quickly reverts to anger, and then outrage.

“You,” he says in an unusually calm voice, never taking his glare off the other man. Eyeing the bat, he knows that if the other gets too close to him, there’s going to be a very good chance he would get his head cracked open.

…but wasn’t he supposed to be prepared for this shit? Well, most of the time, he was.

Today?

He held his ground.

“…did you have fun with her, you bastard,” he continues in that same controlled voice. Wondering if he could be heard over the pouring rain.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 22:02:55 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Dorian would watch the man on the Metagross land to face him. Despite the presence of the pipe, the man held his ground. Dorian noticed that the man seemed to be angry, but keeping his voice collected. Dorian simply gave the man a grin, waiting for him to make his move. Flaming Lizzy herself seemed to be ready for whatever was coming from the Metagross before her.

Despite the pouring of the rain, Dorian managed to hear what the man had to say. Eyebrows perked up underneath the brim of his tophat. "Who is her, exactly?", Dorian inquired. "I've had fun with a lot of hers over my illustrious career! You'll have to be more specific, boy!", Dorian told the blonde.

While Flaming Lizzy eyed the Metagross intently, Dorian was casually twirling his pipe in one hand, while fiddling with the Pokeball in his other hand, waiting for the man to make his move. He knew the man wanted to avenge some girl, but he didn't have the foggiest clue who she was.

tags:
notes: Who?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 22:18:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
Electivire out and ready to fight.

“Oh, don’t play dumb with me, asshole,” he continues, scowl on his face. Even if he’s really fucking pissed, on the outside he keeps the straightest face one would ever muster.

Although he doesn’t look like he’s angry, deep inside he’s seething mad—like Mount Chimney, ready to burst.

“You forget about Stormy, then? Pathetic,” he goes on—but instead of sending Ro to handle the Charizard, he quickly pulls out another Pokéball and flings it forward, watching as his Electivire, Thor, unfolds himself from the red beam of light to come to a landing in front of him.

“Steady now, Thor, don’t charge forward unless they break rank and attack us first, he says, keeping his voice as calm as possible—normally he’d have wanted to just strike ahead and charge in recklessly.

But no, that wasn’t going to be the order of the day.

Hopefully the other man remembers who he was referring to with the way he’d dropped her name.

“She almost died, whatever you did to her—whatever it was, I can never forgive you for that, he adds a few moments later, the Electivire itching to get shit started and ready for a scrap.

It had been a very long time since the Electivire had fought, and now was going to be Thor’s chance to finally get some pent-up energy unleashed!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 22:38:21 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Watch your language, boy!", Dorian scolds Lars. As soon as he mentioned Stormy, the Mad Dog immediately perked up. "Oh, you're here to avenge Stormy, then? You know, I barely got to spend some quality time with her!", Dorian would comment in his eerily cheerful manner. "And how could I forget about her? She's on my mind every day. That, and a certain cretin who just had to spoil my fun, and pull her out of the city! Do you know how many of my men were injured that night!? They even ruined my beautiful bar, the gall!", Dorian continued, a slight hint of ferocity manifesting in his tone.

As the man brought out his Electivire, Dorian finally brought out the Pokemon from the capsule he fiddled with. An old Magmar stared at Lars. "Smoochie Duckie, I know you hate the rain, but I promise, this will be worth it!", Dorian chimed in. The Magmar grumbled, but complied with his master. After all, the Magmar had the utmost trust in Dorian, after all these years.

"Did she now? Because if just a mere dose of that venom I put in her was enough to be near-fatal, than she's weaker than I thought!", Dorian taunted Lars. "So, what is your relation to Ms. Silph? You have me curious, boy.", he'd ask ominously, a wicked grin on his face.

tags:
notes: Dorian sends out Magmar. Magmar and Charizard are on standby.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 22:57:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
notes below

“I don’t believe you,” he says a few moments later, and the Electivire is swinging his rather meaty fists, itching to get into a fight. “Thor, stand down,” he barks at the Electric-type, getting riled up at the sight of a Magmar on the other end of the field.

“Charge up, but don’t launch,” he adds, and the Electivire finally crackles and sparks alive, preparing the beginnings of a Thunder Punch on his left hand.

The way he found the other addressing him was more or less odd, if not outright insane. Why was he giving him that creepy look, not to mention the way he held the bat. Did this guy have a track record, or something? Judging from the way he was speaking—well, you couldn’t judge a book by its cover.

Maybe it was a good thing he didn’t send Javert out—or have Nero on him.

“Gee, I wonder who trashed the bar,” he snaps a few moments later, unable to help himself. While the Electivire is trying so hard not to charge forward, the way his companion’s voice changed—the Electric-type knew that something was about to fucking go down.

“Change of plans, Thor. Drop a Thunderbolt,” he adds, waving his hand and instead of firing off the Thunder Punch as originally planned, the Electivire winds up and releases the crackling energy it’s summoned up so far, aiming it at the sky—and then a rumbling noise from overhead announces the return of the Thunderbolt, attempting to strike as close to the Magmar as possible.

If I didn’t have any mercy, I’d have dropped it right on your ugly face, he thought angrily, now fighting to keep his expression calm.

“What gives you the right to test poisons on her? What has she done to you, anyway? Did she even attack you in the slightest? he continues, and the Electric-type looks back at him for some advice.

“Get ready to kick, Thor. Just in case it comes forward.”

Electivire out on the field! Prepares Thunder Punch as originally instructed.

Changes his mind halfway, Lars repeals it and changes the order to a Thunderbolt, which is fired from the Electric-type's fist towards the sky. A few moments later a bolt of lightning comes crashing down roughly close to where the Magmar and Dorian are.

Electivire prepares Low Kick.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 23:31:08 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Disbelieve it all you want, but why would I kill such a high value hostage so soon, hm? Even I have a sense of pragmatism, and I know that she would've been far more valuable to us alive than dead!", Dorian told him.

"Get ready to shed some light, Smoochie Duckie.", Dorian told the Magmar rather cryptically. The Magmar would do as he was told, waiting on his master's command, before unleashing his attack. All the while, he would watch the Electivire intently, waiting for it to make a move.

"You were the one who interrupted my fun!?", Dorian asked rhetorically, his voice becoming rather blank. The Magmar and Charizard could practically feel the aura of fury emanating from Dorian upon heaing this. This was the ruffian that roughed up several of his men, made some of them go permanently deaf. This was the man who ruined his bar, to the point where he had to board up windows, and find new glasses for his drinks. "Today, you pay with blood!", Dorian called out, glaring at the man.

As the Thunderbolt was unleashed towards the sky, Dorian snapped his fingers. On command, the Magmar fired off a Confuse Ray, in an attempt to throw off the Electivire's aim. It would then raise its arms up, clearing the sky of the clouds of rain. From there, radiant, oppressive sunlight would shine down on the battlefield.

"What gives me the right!? Why, simply the fact that I managed to overpower the girl, and easily at that!", Dorian retorted. "The girl may not have slighted me, but she did slight my friend! Besides, she stands against Team Rocket, thus making her the enemy in this war. This is war, remember?", Dorian continued.

"Burn them to ashes!!!", Dorian commanded.

The Charizard, more than happy to oblige, flies up into the air, breathing down an intense Flamethrower down towards the Metagross. Meanwhile, Smoochie Duckie aims its head upward, before firing off a Lava Plume over the field. While Flaming Lizzy would be struck by the attack, she was thankfully resistant to the fire-type attack, thanks to her own affinity for fire.

tags:
notes: Magmar used Confuse Ray to throw off Electivire's Aim. Magmar used Sunny Day. Magmar used Lava Plume. Charizard used Flamethrower, targeting Metagross.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 23:57:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
shit has hit the fan!

“I don’t believe you. Not especially what happened after we got the Commissioner back, he says, barely containing the fury in his voice.

While the Electivire had managed to drop the Thunderbolt, the Confuse Ray caught him by surprise—and he knew that whenever Thor was hit with this particular attack he tended to lose control a little too much.

Seeing that the other seemed to favor Fire-types (like wow, was this an indirect way of mocking her as well? He didn’t know. Or maybe the man across him was an arsonist?) he quickly withdrew Thor, and had to bite back a bark of a laugh.

What a joke.

“What do you think?” was all Lars replied with, pulling out another Pokéball and sending out Javert—two could definitely play the weather game at this point!

I don’t care if you do whatever the fuck it is you’re about to do, I have plans myself! He thought, quickly whistling in the Flygon’s direction. Not too soon after the weather changed from pouring rain to harsh sun, he knew that the best way to get on this man’s nerves was to throw a monkey wrench or two into the system—and that’s what he was going to do!

“Whip up the screen for me, will you?” and with that the Flygon let out a sudden cry, changing the sunny weather into one of harsh, swirling grit. At the same time, he quickly backed away, climbing onto Ro’s back and then tapping the Metagross twice on the head, a long-practiced cue.

“Rise up, and block that!” he continues, pointing at the incoming Flamethrower. Not a moment too soon does the Metagross throw up an invisible “shield”—actually a Telekinesis.

“Javert! Shake it up!” he shouts through the howling grit, holding up his arm to protect his eyes, and the Flygon hovers low enough to the ground to slap his tail hard against it, causing a reverberating Earthquake to shake the area.

Thankfully, the blue hulking beast was already floating, so the damage from Earthquake was negated. “Get ready to block Lava Plume! Prepare the Rock Slide!” he adds in the Flygon’s direction a few moments later.

Electivire hit with Confuse Ray! Lars withdraws Electivire.

Sends out Flygon, and summons up a Sandstorm to counter the Sunny Day weather effect change. He climbs on the Metagross' head, instructs Ro to use Magnet Rise to float off the ground. Incoming Flamethrower attack, attempted to block with a Telekinesis screen.

Flygon then slaps tail on ground, causing an Earthquake to rip through the area! Prepares Rock Slide to block that Lava Plume.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 19:46:57 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Dorian laughs in the man's face as he mentions the Commissioner. "We've had her for roughly three months in our custody. I didn't even have Stormy for a day! And besides, if we really wanted the Commissioner dead, then why would we simply let you waltz out of Slateport after you fools tripped our blatant trap? We could've easily intercepted your path with as many Grunts as we needed, as you limped away with your tails between your legs!", Dorian taunted.

While Dorian's actions were far more heinous than anything Lars ever did, Dorian had to teach the man not to mess with Rocket. Killing him wouldn't do the job. No, he was going to make him live with the aftermath of this battle. He wanted this boy to remember what had gone down, and what was to come once Rocket recovered from its loss of their boss.

Dorian narrowed his eyes as the man whipped up a Sandstorm. The Mad Dog would immediately pull his goggles over his eyes, in order to protect himself from the Sandstorm coming in. From there, the two attacks he offered were intercepted, one with a Telekinetic barrier from the Metagross, and the other from a Rock Slide blocking off the Lava Plume.

As an Earthquake shook up the area, Flaming Lizzy quickly scooped up her master, allowing him to climb onto her back. Meanwhile, Smoochie Duckie would jump up into the air, before firing a Flamethrower from his bill, propelling himself off the ground, and protecting himself from the Earthquake shaking up the area.

"Smoochie, you gonna take that? Make the Flygon pay!", Dorian called out.

The Magmar would immediately unleash another Confuse Ray at the opposing Flygon, before bringing back Sunlight to the field. The Charizard would then fire off a burst of Dragon Rage at the Metagross, before following it up with an intense Flamethrower.

tags:
notes: Charizard scoops up Dorian, placing him on her back
Magmar used Flamethrower to jet himself over the ground, dodging Earthquake
Magmar used Confuse Ray, targeting Flygon
Magmar used Sunny Day
Charizard used Dragon Rage and Flamethrower, targeting Metagross
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the chase [RI]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2019 19:21:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

“Drop the boulders! Now!” he says in his Flygon’s direction, and for a few moments anarchy reigns the battlefield, the cascade of boulders blocking off and mercifully keeping the Lava Plume damage to a minimum.

Thank fuck for that, he thinks angrily, before the Sandstorm peters out and—oh, fucking hell!

“Seriously?” he growls, nodding at the Flygon to drop another Rock Slide around the area and hopefully use it as a shield to block the flash of light he recognized on sight—a Confuse Ray status change! I should really get Nami evolved now, her Safeguard is good to have in situations like this… he thought to himself, wondering if there was a way to get his Swablu to get over her anxieties and fight!

Once the Rock Slide was over, he points above the barrier.

“Javert, surprise them. Screech-burst!”

With that command he quickly stuffs his fingers into his ears—because it’s one of the combination moves that his Flygon hasn’t perfected yet due to the area of effect damage it would cause. Initially starting off from a loud Screech to catch the Magmar off-guard, the status change then suddenly chains itself into a very loud blast of discordant racket, the Boomburst ripping through the air.

“Ro! Let’s move,” he says to the Metagross, hanging on tight as he knocks on the Metagross’ head once, a signal for the hulking beast to use Agility. As the blue beast shot out of the way, using the Agility to dodge, he knows he has to be careful—the weather’s turned hot and stifling again.

“Float, and then toss!” he continues, still holding on for dear life as the Metagross then chains into a Telekinesis, attempting to float the Charizard off the ground, before lobbing a large chunk of rainbow-colored energy right at it—a Psychic attack.

Flygon and Metagross out on the battlefield!

Rock Slide #1 blocks the Lava Plume, and then Rock Slide #2 used in an attempt to block the incoming flash of light from Confuse Ray (so many boulders now wtf). After that's done, Flygon flies above and uses Screech initially before suddenly chaining into a Boomburst attack on the Magmar!

Metagross uses Agility to ddoge out of the way, before lobbing a Telekinesis at the Charizard, and then aiming a Psychic attack on said Charizard.