8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 1:16:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] whatthefuck?

fernando has to do his best to not let his face contort as he thinks on what she said. he reruns the line through his head again and it still doesn't make anymore sense. first and now francie. fernando's eyes narrow and he can only pray that whatever is infecting the gym leaders of hoenn doesn't get him too.

"what?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 1:21:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Shit, he didn't translate what she meant, and now she's got to spell it out for the Silph.

With a deep breath through her surfaced nose, Francie comes up out of the water enough that her lips are exposed. She wipes the water off of them, simply because the feeling of dripping water irritates her skin.

"Y-You know." No he didn't it's why she's explaining herself. "Like, um." Damn how does she make her emotions into words without sounding like a teenager??

"I, um, I missed you. And you missed me. But it's like, not the same sort of missed..." she can't even use her hands to explain herself, so she shoves them into the water and under her bum to keep from rambling too much. It's also a security position that makes her feel not so nervous.

[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.francie a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 1:32:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "oh." his right eyebrow raises while the other one notches in place, demonstrating his confusion and trying to grasp her drawn out words. "i see." he doesn't but he'll say as much to help alleviate the situation. "there's nothing to be worried about. it's not personal, francie. i was your boss and you were a respectable gym leader. there's nothing wrong for you to keep things strictly business like."

fernando assumes the opposite and that francie wants to rescind her proposal in the same manner that cait had. alfric had been drunk while francie is merely tripping over her words. he misinterprets them again but only because they don't speak the same wavelength.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 1:44:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Francie’s brows furrow. He has a point. They’re is no reason for her to keep it strictly business like. Maybe that’s part of the reason she left, she couldn’t keep her business and how much she had liked him separate.

No that’s not what he had said but that’s how her brain worked.

”No that’s. Um, that’s what I meant. Was that I missed you more than just missing my boss... honestly, I sort of left to see where my feelings rested with everything. With you, with being a gym leader. Yes I still want that position, but I also don’t want to just see you as a boss. But instead as... as a friend, or even more than that. But I know your position demands a stronger person, to be that sort of person for you, so.”

And now she’s rambling.

”Whatever. I’m sorry. Anyway, I really missed you a lot so there.” She waves a frantic hand in the air to try and dismiss the tension. ”Do with that what you will.”

[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.francie a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 2:22:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] what.

it's a word that fernando's come to repeat more often than not these days. her rambling goes straight over his head and he can't put one and one together. there are few things that fernando's not experienced and having to handle the nuance of regular people, normal, skittish, expressive people is one subject he knows little about. his method of handling it is either being straight forward or faking it until he makes it. with francie, there's little reason to choose between them.

"i see," he repeats, lying through his teeth. and, in all its absurdity, fernando breaks out laughing. anything to break the silence and tension between them.

"it's good to have you back, francie."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 12:41:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
He doesn't see. It's plan by how he shortly answers her and just breaks out into laughter. He's no idea what she's said and she's finding it difficult to express herself without coming off as... thirsty. Is she thirsty? Yes, but she doesn't want to come off that way... but what's the harm in it at this point? Least he could do is laugh at her again.

She's nervous now, more so than before she'd been laughed at, and it makes her pick at the towel she has wrapped around her beneath the water's surface.

"Glad to be back." That's not a lie, she doesn't have to explain that feeling either. Then, a methodology strikes her.

"Say, Fernando," her nerves are gone, her entire persona is less embarrassed and a lot more confident. She even turns to face him, leaning toward him a bit to eagerly await what he might answer her with.

"If somebody were to try and court you, both professionally and personally, how would they go about it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 1:49:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando's brows cross as he stares back at her contemplatively, trying to surmise what francie is getting at. his face is scrunched up, an effect of both being soaked in the hot spring's water and how incredulously spontaneous her question is. his eyes narrow again but he doesn't look straight at her, looking slightly above her as he tries to find a suitable answer.

"i'm not sure?" he answers, his voice reflecting how uncertain he is. "i don't think anyone's tried. people rarely have an interest in someone as off putting as me."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 13:17:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Gods was he going to make it this difficult through the whole painful process? Maybe she should just reach over and kiss him.

But they are in a hot spring. Not to mention they are barely clothed. Some heat rises into her cheek after having the thought.

"...well, I am." There, that was blunt enough even he should have gotten the point. "How would I um, go about it, then? Courting you properly?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2019 1:31:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando stares at her incredulous. his facial muscles relax but his nerves tense up. "what." he has to enunciate his thoughts aloud for them to register. he sinks a little more and the thought of someone like francie coming for him causes his eyes to narrow. the big question is why and fernando can't strum enough a good enough reason.

first and now francie. is this a ploy or something even greater? has hoenn fallen in line and fallen for their true savior?

preposterous. fernando dismisses the power fantasy and asks the only question that matters.

"are you serious?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2019 2:45:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Francie tries to recall the last time she saw Fernando this tense. Nothing comes to mind and that itself is a bit of a surprise. She doesn’t say anything. He looks like that loading curser on the computer. Just contemplating.

When he finally speaks its to ask if she is serious. Part of her is hurt and the other part of her is confused.

“Have you had fake offers?” Francie nearly laughs, but decided against it if only because she is too nervous to. “Of course I’m serious.”

“I wouldn’t have asked otherwise...”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2019 23:23:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "i just can't see why you would."

a serious answer to what he considers a ridiculous request. just the sheer thought of it raises the question of what he thinks of francie. the ex-gym leader is a competent and encouraging individual, kind beyond her years, if not seemingly naive, with a plain beauty that radiates with a girl-next-door appearance. which, is ideal, just not for him.

"i'm not someone you should pursue. you can do better," he answers with a deadpan seriousness. "i'm perpetually busy. i won't be able to give anyone the time or attention they deserve, i put myself in danger constantly, and i'm not very good with connecting with people."

he remains stationary, unfaltering, but hesitant all the same.

"and i'm not very romantic."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 17:26:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
"Well with an outlook at yourself like that, how could you be?"

Francie's eyes grow wide and she throws her hands over her mouth in surprise. Did she just say all of that out loud?!

"I mean..." her words are mumbled beneath her grasp. "You should give yourself credit, or, I don't know, at least a shot or something."

That's when it dawns on the blonde that maybe he has given himself a chance and maybe that's why he's decided he's not romantic. Either way, it was a hard it's not you, it's me, no.

"But, um, anyway. I understand." Sort of. She understands perhaps he's not interested, anyway. What a strange reunion... time to talk about something he's more comfortable with.

"How's work? Training future generations aside."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2019 0:28:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando doesn't react immediately. her reactions alone tell him that he's gone too far. his habit of explaining things in detail probably came off as too blunt, like a sore subject. it's not however fernando cannot help how he present himself. perception is reality and in a lapse of judgement he allows the gravity of her request to bring out something he shouldn't have. now it's awkward.

the transition between subjects is forced. the way she stammers makes it obvious. fernando doesn't drop the topic because he doesn't drop anything. "i'm sorry if that was too forward. i just don't want to lead you on with unrealistic expectations."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2019 0:40:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
So, they weren't gonna move on. Alright then. With a deep breath, Francie decided to be brave. Be strong, not back out immediately and try to change subjects.

"You didn't come off as forward, you came off as uninterested." Francie explained with no ill tone to her words. This was a conversation between friends, adults, and she figured she could be honest and real with Fernando. He wouldn't get his little feelings hurt-- obviously she needed to work on doing the same on her end.

"What should my expectations be, then? If I were to want to be your girlfriend?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2019 7:32:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] a drawn out 'oh' goes off inside his head when francie answers him. there's nothing he can say to argue against her point because she's not wrong. her intention isn't malicious either but the awkwardness that comes from having to confront such an assessment is still unnerving.

fernando sits on the question because he doesn't have a decent answer. even the person closest to him could hardly be called his girlfriend, which was entirely his fault, not that he'd ever admit it. "i wouldn't know. i'm never had a girlfriend." honest woulds if only on a technicality.

"what are the expectations between couples?"