awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 0:05:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] tik tik on the clok.

famous lyrics from whatever background music drones over the background chatter of league headquarters. things have died down now that the tension from their meeting has dissipated. 's brief tenure and abrupt removal from office does well to pacify how few of the council agree with her ideals. and, despite their open admonishment of her outline, only two seem to dare entertain such ideas.

the first one is naturally herself.

the other?

fernando leans back in his chair, seated at a small and deliberately empty table. several folders lay in front of him and each one is filled with papers documented in a variety of highlighters. and have marked off the parts they outright refused with fernando leaving his with additional comments on why it will fail and the consequences of such overreach.

admittedly, on principle, there are some merits in such an initiative but the costs outweigh the benefits.

as their financial advisor, he's obligated to cut out such waste.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 11:12:09 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "hope i didn't keep you waiting too long." dahlia says as she opens the door. "i promise i didn't forget about this."

her entrance possesses little fanfare or fancy. just business. the commissioner is quick to close the door behind her and as she turns, her blonde brush of hair whips forth, restrained tightly by a ponytail holder.

"and how are you today, fernando?" she asks as she settles into her seat. from her binder, dahlia plucks her fountain pen. already, her eyes scours the folders for labeling before they meet fernando's for his answer.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 11:26:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"hardly." considering how difficult it can be to grasp the commissioner's time the last thing he'll do is waste it on unnecessary pettiness. "we're always busy in this line of work." at face value, fernando is polite to a tee, which is how he tries to present himself until it's no longer needed.

"but i've been doing well. i hope you the same." he half answers the question for her hoping to avoid wasting time waiting for her to reply to get the conversation moving. pleasantries can write themselves. her much needed input cannot.

when their eyes meet, fernando diverts his gaze, unpacking the contents of his folder in the same fashion a student would prepare for instructions. teacher's pet spreads the papers out far away enough that they don't overlap. anything to make it easier to switch between. his finger guides her attention to the main header of 's legacy.

"is the top brass really trying to champion behind this because how well we handled meteor falls or is it because they're scared?"

he doesn't clarify that she's bundled up in that generalization.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 8:16:37 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 fernando's guidance allows her to retrace the words she has already read. despite the besmirched background the initiative possesses, the commissioner reminds herself that any tarnishing can be washed away— especially if its progenitor is washed up.

"the reports i've read about meteor falls were impressive." dahlia says pleasantly— almost proud. blonde hair falls gently against the sides of her face, but she is quick to sweep it back behind her ears. "a great demonstration of what an avatar can do in service for our country. do you not believe the same?"

she stops, trimming her smile.

"are you scared, fernando?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 0:56:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"..."

flatter only works on those with small egos. fernando's sociopathic enough to understand this much and humbles himself in quiet resignation. it hurts to bite back on claiming the credit for his own but some thing are more important that pride or recognition. accountability comes to mind and he slides her a hushed sigh.

"first hand experience tells me that their achievements are greatly over represented over those who triumph through sheer skill and abilities. and come to mind."

his consciousness lingers on another name but he keeps it for himself. he casts the hesitation as fear, swallowing it with his answer.

"undoubtedly so."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 5:31:33 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "and that is precisely why," dahlia's hand falls from her hair to her lap, "this initiative is important. if their achievements do not align themselves with their ability, then is it not paramount that we help them close that gap?"

she includes him in the proposed task; with quick voice, as if preventing moving water from freezing, she responds to both fernando's fear and criticism.

"i'm happy to hear kim hasn't lost his edge even after marriage." she notes brightly like an earring dangling from her tongue.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 3:17:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“in a perfect world, perhaps.

but this is not a perfect world. far from it. for all her ideas and hopes, fernando can’t help but hedge his bet in pessimism. it feels like lip service more than anything else.

but once something like this is set in stone there is no going back. for better or worse. whatever good we do now may only last for a moment before it gets corrupted, mishandled.

who follows in their footsteps? who rises up when it's time to retire. thinking of those already power, viable candidates, he only foresees disaster.

you. me. kim? we won’t last forever. much less long enough.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 7:55:10 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "you're right. i have to admit, i can only see it as a lose-lose if we were to slip on the public's shoes."

a sigh swoons from her lips like a spirit is searching for repose. however, it can not swoon far enough to escape the tired drawl of her inhale.

"either we are accused of inaction or we are accused of not doing enough. inevitably, the league will be forced into doing something one way or the either- and i'd rather it be done by our capable hands." her hands bob in the air as she speaks. her fair palms face the heavens as if preparing for crucfixion.

"as transient as our time on this rock is," dahlia says, "i do not intend to stand idle." if she can help it. "and i expect you to be the same."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 10:26:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“we will be accused regardless,” he reminds her. the fallout from any action, correct or not, will always be criticism. it comes with their line of work and becomes louder the longer they stay in office. little do they know the perpetrator behind those voices are malicious in nature, well hidden among the ignorant and unaware conspirators.

tch. you’re asking too much.” what a low blow. he can feel his spirit, despite his ego, recline by the well articulate kick she gives him. “but even i have a fine line i won’t cross.” or so he says, both of them well knowing he can’t say no.

you know, this will all be done under the name of accountability but all we’re doing is shifting it.

or so he predicts. he says so because he’d allow it, both from his position as well as her own. what choice do they have but to accept the pieces they have?

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 4:14:10 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "in the end," dahlia's hands return to her lap, "the accountability will fall on me. no matter the shift."

the passage of time withers both the physical and psychic image. new fads fade. honeymoons wane. the excitement of her ascension to the political seat, although it was carried over the whisperings of doubtful politicians, has fallen through the floor. crevasses created by war and unsteady land.

"so rest assured, you'll be fine." dahlia says. "if that's what you're worried about, that is."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 22:51:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“accountability never sits on one person. blame seeps until mouths run dry.

she should know this. whether or not she intends to carry the burdens of the organization on the broadside of her shoulders is irrelevant. she cannot do it alone. she needs a crew that will hoist her sail proud and unified. he should know, he’s tried paddling out with nothing more than learning every trick of the trade.

it’s not about me. it’s about us.” and on the greater scheme of things, “hoenn.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 1:41:33 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "oh, look at you waxing poetic." dahlia looks pleased. as her fingertips flutter across her lap in some undefined meter, the smile doesn't leave her. "i'm glad you feel that way."

for a moment, she's quiet. although onlookers may misconstrue for awkward silence, it is the gap between speech that allows effect to compound itself. thoughts are given permission to breathe. she resets her palate.

"it's okay to be selfish sometimes, fernando." dahlia says. "so, forget about hoenn for a moment. is there anything i can do for you?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
mundane
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 22:12:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“i picked it up from a book i’m reading.” fernando dismisses the compliment. it reminds him of employees that pay more lip service than actual work and that bother him. not that he feels the same from dahlia. whatever she says, no matter how overtly sweet, he believes that she means it.

it’s his lack of a sweet tooth makes it nauseating.

personally. no.” refusing an open request from the commissioner is not something to take lightly. however, anything she can provide, he believes he can acquire all on his own. well, there’s one exception.

actually, i could use a favor. . make sure he gets the recognition and responsibilities he deserves. he’s one of the few i can trust to make rational, well thought out decision on a consistent basis.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mundane
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 18:47:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
mundane
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 7:29:36 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "?"

the commissioner's eyes widen like sweet lemon peels. if the rejection of further favours is almost startling— was it not for the possible ensnarement of debt and transaction. but it is the baton pass to another that is illuminating, like sunlight gilding a web's edge.

"of course. whatever you say." dahlia senses their meeting slithering towards its end, but she pinches the tail of conversation between her filed fingertips. "anyone else i should keep in mind?"