sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2019 20:47:48 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
@tagged[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]
write your notes here[attr="id","pls"]

the presumed professor left with the flower and said 'you'. as in sam; not goro, and that made his blood broil. he turned on sam, his piercing blue contacts eyes sending an icy glare at who he had thought to be an ally. "why did you say speculation." he stated, his tone as cold as his stare. he was standing at the edge of the bench, his trimmed nails digging into the wood.

"whose team are you on?" he growled, touching a pokeball at his belt and releasing his swoobat. his other pokemon revealed themselves quickly before returning to their hiding spots: his kecleon unveiled his camouflage (siting around goro's neck), his frogadier appeared from the shade of a tree nearby, his haunter returned from his ghoulish realm for an instant, and his swoobat flapped about around his head. all of them retreated to their hiding places save for his swoobat, who hid gore's glare.

people passing by may only see a man and his swoobat talking to another man. nothing too off about it at all.

[newclass="#toot"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height;inherit;color:#743060 !important;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover a"]color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#pls"]text-transform:none; background:#333333; !important;color:#333333; !important;transition:all 0.3s ease-in;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover #pls"]color:#c3c3c3 !important;min-height:100px;text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2019 14:56:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","rockettop"]
[attr="class","rockettop2"]
[attr="class","rockettop3"]
[attr="class","rockettoppokes"]

[attr="class","rockettop3tri"]

[attr="class","rocket"]
[attr="class","rocketbody"]
[attr="class","rocketwords"]

Well, Goro was pissed.[break][break]

Sam knew he'd get the guy pissed, but he hadn't really taken into consideration the fact that Goro would decide to lecture him. Even if he made a great point.[break][break]

What side was Sam on?[break][break]

"Because it was, in fact, speculation." Sam quickly snapped in response, ignoring Goro's glare and looking off into the distance. His hands had been in his pockets since he put the earpiece in and he kept them there, twirling the collapsed greatball that held Juggernaut, noting how Jude's repeat ball vibrated with concern. Well, what he assumed was concern- or possibly just Jude being overprotective. He'd known the Infernape his entire life, so it made sense she would be as protective as his mother was.[break][break]

"When we met before," their time meeting with , "I only speculated. I told you what I was rattling on about was theory." Because the situation was a bit too sticky for Sam's comfort, he decided to explain further.[break][break]

"Alright, here's what we know. You are aware that did some show of power. That power and your theory are proved by the flower you gave me. The only things I take by their word are warning labels. I haven't seen anything but this flower that you've claimed came from Cait." A shrug of his shoulders later and he was sighing. "You could have taken the flower and doctored it yourself while making up this wild and ridiculous theory that it was actually who did it."[break][break]

"It's been a hot minute since our meeting before, and I've had a lot of time to come up with more theories. What I've realized is that it is all, definitely, speculation."

[attr="class","rockettag2bartag"]

[attr="class","rockettag2bartri"]

[newclass=.rockettop] height: 48px; width: 372px; margin: 0px 0px -35px 0px; background-color: #1b1b1b; padding-right: 8px; position: relative; z-index: 1; color: #777777!important; border-radius: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rockettop2] float: left; margin-top: 3px; line-height: 20px!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rockettop3] float: left; margin: -3px 0px 0px 0px; background-color: #161616; height: 48px; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 0px 13px 0px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rockettop3tri] float: left; margin: -3px 15px 0px 0px; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 12px #161616; border-top: solid 24px transparent; border-bottom: solid 24px transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rockettoppokes] margin-top: 7px; color: #161616; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rocket] background: #1b1b1b; width: 330px; padding:25px; margin-top:10px; border-radius: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rocketbody] background: #202020; width: 300px; padding: 15px; border-radius: 3px; margin-top: -3px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rocketwords] font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 8pt; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketwords b] color: #765D75; font-size: 8.5pt; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rockettag2bartag] background-color: #202020; float: right; width: 150px; font-weight: 900!important; letter-spacing: -1px; height: 25px; text-align: center; margin-top: 6px; margin-right: -15px; padding-top: 9px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rockettag2bartri] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-top: solid 11px #202020; border-left: solid 75px transparent; border-right: solid 75px transparent; margin-top: 10px; z-index: 1; margin-bottom: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rockettag2bartag a] text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 5:37:51 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar
[attr="id","toot"]
@tagged[attr="id","toot"]
[attr="id","toot"]
notes[attr="id","toot2"]
write your notes here[attr="id","pls"]

"SPECULATION?!" goro asked, his voice raised just enough for his haunter to rematerialize with concern. his blood was boiling as he set off from the bench, his haunter glaring at sam. he blew a raspberry and spectral energy was released from betty white's claws at sam - night shade in effect.

similar to before, sam was shown all that the professor had seen. goro had barely made it a few feet away, when he stopped. there it was. the flower. just laying on the ground, discarded as if it had been nothing more than rubbish. even with the disrespect and ignorance of its fragility, the flower still looked perfect as ever.

goro squatted down to eye it, picking it up gingerly as the shadow of his frogadier passed over head. he whispered to himself, ignoring whether sam was listening or not, "speculation. even with proof, they don't believe me." he twirled the flower over in his hand, over and over. "no one will." he admitted to himself. they never would.

[newclass="#toot"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot a"]font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height;inherit;color:#743060 !important;transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass][newclass="#toot:hover a"]color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2"];transition:all 0.2s ease-in;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover"]background:#743060;color:#fff !important;[/newclass]
[newclass="#pls"]text-transform:none; background:#333333; !important;color:#333333; !important;transition:all 0.3s ease-in;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass="#toot2:hover #pls"]color:#c3c3c3 !important;min-height:100px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2019 1:55:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ooc"]

So, maybe Sam felt sorta a tinge bad. If only because he knew good and well that Goro was just... well, being Goro. This wasn't something wanted to play with, and he wasn't sure what he was supposed to tell Goro, namely with how the command was moving... the truth had always treated him well in the past, but he didn't one hundred percent trust this clown.

"Look, Goro," Sam brought a hand up to scratch at the back of his neck, through his hair, groaning lightly. "I don't mean anything by it, I swear. It's just, I don't know... I... I don't want this deeply involved in negative affairs against the league, namely a gym leader."

A deep breath later and Sam shrugged his shoulders. Like somehow the shrug of his shoulders was supposed to explain his apathetic disposition.

"I'm not interested in creating any sort of strife between the two. It's bad for business. Whatever this personal vendetta is, I don't want to be apart of it. I'm sorry if I mislead you at all."

Maybe had been smart to just leave that day. Damn Sam's natural curiosity.

[newclass=.ooc] width: 300px; margin: auto; padding-top: 20px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=".ooc b"] font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .4px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2019 7:50:00 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar

goro looked up at sam; wild eyes of icy blue a blizzard of pain, panic, and paranoia. there was no telling what he was on or wasn’t on. what he should or shouldn’t be on. what was real or...

“so do you believe me?” goro asked with downcast eyes. his voice was little more than a hush heard over the gurgles of concern his frogadier made over head. he stood with the flower in hand, immediately turning to face sam; the inches between them separated only by that perfect flower. its ever pleasant smell mingled with goro’s breath as he spoke, “you believed me back there, in the bar. against worse odds and with less information. you believed me despite what . what others said.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2019 22:33:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ooc"]

"I do believe you, Goro. I really believe you. I do. I believe you saw, what you saw, what you showed me. But beyond belief, I don't know what you want from me."

It felt a bit like he was letting Goro down and he hated it. He wanted to be able to honestly be on both sides. How could he manage that? Maybe he couldn't.

"I can look into legendaries for you, if you'd like. Look into the lore, try and find some connection. I can even go back to that spot, have a look around, see what's so special about the place... but Goro, I need to know if I were to do look into this you wouldn't use my information for anything reckless."

[newclass=.ooc] width: 300px; margin: auto; padding-top: 20px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=".ooc b"] font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .4px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
roots [c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2019 23:06:18 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar

hope. just the faintest hint of it began to bloom within goro's chest at sam's words. "i want to go with you." goro said flatly. "wherever it is you're going to investigate this witchcraft or power that has, i want to come." he put the flower behind a lock of bleached hair, the silver already fading to gray. he glanced up at the his frogadier, blue contacts watering from irritation and raw emotion.

"i won't be 'reckless', sam. there's just..." he let out a deep sigh, his whole body visibly shuddered as he did so. "i'm not smart like you or the others. not with books and science and shit like that. but i've seen things sam. terrifying, unnatural things. things that have cost people their lives. their humanity. destroyed families. destroyed my family." he said at last.

his watery eyes stared at the researcher as he muttered, "i just want to make sure nothing like that happens again."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
roots [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2019 14:29:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ooc"]

Sam listened closely as Goro expressed himself. Raw emotion. From the heart. How could Sam argue with that? Of course, he found a way, but he wasn't necessarily trying to be a dick about it. He even cooled his tone to try and come off more friendly.

"Look, it's not like I'm against looking into this. Hell, I'm curious. It's more along the lines of... well, I'm not looking to research this and then kill or punish whatever or whoever is behind this."

With a deep breath, Sam prepared his ultimatum.

"I will keep you in the loop and I will take you along with me if you swear, on that family of yours, that you aren't going to use my research as some sick revenge plot."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

goggles
he/him
twenty six
bartender
grunt
84 height
84 height
awards
142 posts
Goro Shimizu DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sadsoda
Goro Shimizu
roots [c]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2019 15:02:20 GMT
Goro Shimizu Avatar

the spark of hope was a flickering flame in the icy orbs that were goro's contacts. he offered sam a smile, a genuine one - not the foolish smirk most people received. "thank you." goro nearly hugged the man, but thought against it. he put the eternal flower behind his ear and cleared his throat, "now that we got that settled, let's talk about what we should do." goro's pokemon seemed relieved at his sudden shift in attitude and went along with it.

and why shouldn't they? he was being honest, mostly. there would be no revenge taken..