POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 18:17:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bronze

words

notes
this is for the mission: a whale of a problem!

It was summer, and it was inevitable.

The reports of several schools of beached Wailord across Hoenn had risen at a rather alarming rate, and if something wasn’t done about this, then the migration of the Float Whale Pokémon would spell disaster. While normally beached Wailmer were easily handled by groups of people working together as a combined effort, Wailord were another matter—because of their sheer fucking size.

Arceus, this was going to be a lot harder than it looked.

As always, he was one of the closest around to take the urgent summons near Lilycove—and it was a good thing he wasn’t on his delivery route, otherwise there would’ve been hell to pay and he’d have one hell of a time explaining to his courier work boss about what the hell had gone down. There had been a change of management at his courier job as of late and it was really driving him and some of the other guys up the wall due to how generally inefficient they were being handled.

I swear, if they do something stupid again that’s it. Then again I’m one of their best couriers so they can’t afford to get rid of me… he thought crossly as he answered the summons and headed down to the beach where there were a few of the species having found themselves stuck in the shallower parts of the surf.

…no wonder most of the beachgoers were pissed, they had every right to be as the Wailord were taking up most of, if not all of the space on the sand, flailing their fins uselessly as they tried to get back in the water to no avail.

“Well then,” he muttered to himself softly as he stopped by one of the locker rental areas and stripped down and out of his overcoat, opting to wear something lighter. The boots stayed on his feet, though, because he didn’t like getting sand in them.

Eventually he made his way down to where some of the bigger specimens were blocking out the water, and he looked around.

“Yeesh, what a predicament…” he said to nobody in particular.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
beached problems [mission]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 23:38:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pwfcontain"]

[attr="class","pwfheader"]

[attr="class","pwfhdtag"]

[attr="class","pwfhdnotes"]

[attr="class","pwficon"]

[attr="class","pwficonbg"]

[attr="class","pwfbody"]

He’d been en route to Lilycove, walking at his usual steady but league-devouring pace, when he’d been...Well, waylaid. It was the only real way to put it. The gaggle of children must have spied him coming down along the road from afar, and waited to intercept him. He’d slowed to a vaguely wary halt when it became clear that the crowd of kids, ranging from around the ages of five to early teens, were not going to give way. [break][break]

Bronze’s pokemon had moved out around him, Kharrus-Tah and Ravun-Tus to either side, the shadow of the looming Varuk-An stretching out ahead of him. Matun-Rah moved up to stand a little ahead and to one side of his trainer, snuffling at the air curiously as the children chattered and gabbled to one another for a time. Eventually, they evidently elected a representative, shoving the poor unfortunate out front like a sacrificial lamb. The small girl stared up at all five titanic figures with eyes like saucers, wide and deep green, her little mouth open in an ‘o’ of awe. [break][break]

At Bronze’s raised, expectant brow, the girl sucked in a deep breath, before explaining in a torrential deluge of words, “Hey mister wow gosh you’re really big, uhm, see, there’s a problem on the beach because we can’t get on the beach because there’s a lot of wailords on there and no room for us, so we need to get them moved but it’s hard, but you have a LOT of REALLY BIG pokemon, so we were hoping that you could use them to move the wailord away so we can play.” She beamed at Bronze’s faintly glazed over expression, before the man gave a slight shake of his head, frowning down at the child. “Beached wailords? Yeah, alright, we can help.”[break][break]

Bronze’s arrival was heralded by the raucous cheering of small children, a matter which perturbed him on some level, but he shook his head and made his way onto the crowded beach without comment. He eyed the pod of unfortunate wailords with a critical eye, blowing out a breath as he considered just how much work this was going to be. [break][break]

He grunted at the comment from the nearby man, shrugging out of his jacket and stretching in order to limber up as he said, “We can get this sorted if we work together. All of my pokemon are strong enough to pitch in, and Varuk-An, my onix, is going to be particularly useful.” He bobbed his chin up at the other man, asking, “What have you got to work with?”[break][break]

[attr="class","pwfCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.pwfbody b]color:#8F5E0C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfcontain]width:500px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1D1E20;border-bottom:10px solid #8F5E0C;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfheader]width:500px;height:100px;background-color:#8F5E0C;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0%, 100% 75%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0%, 100% 75%, 0% 100%);transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfhdtag]font-family:calibri;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;padding:5px;color:#fff;transform:rotate(-4deg);width:150px;text-align:right;height:10px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;left:209px;top:15px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfhdtag a]font:11px calibri!important;color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfhdnotes]color:#fff;font-family:calibri;font-size:11px;float:left;padding:0px 5px;text-align:right;width:250px;line-height:13px;height:26px;overflow:AUTO;transform:rotate(-4deg);position:relative;top:18px;left:350px;text-transform:uppercase;transition:.5s ease;transition-delay:.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfcontain:hover .pwfhdnotes]top:28px;left:185px;transition:.5s ease;transition-delay:.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfcontain:hover .pwfhdtag]position:relative;left:89px;top:25px;transition:.5s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfbody]font-family:CALIBRI;font-size:15px;text-align:justify;line-height:150%;color:#7b7b7b;padding:10px 20px 20px 20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwficon]width:120px;height:120px;background-color:#1D1E20;border-radius:100%;transform: rotate(-5deg);float:left;position:relative;margin-top:-63px;margin-left:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwficonbg]border-radius:100%;width:100px;height:100px;position:relative;top:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfhdnotes::-webkit-scrollbar]width:0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfCredit]font:bold 7px roboto!important;margin-left:275px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pwfCredit a]font:bold 7px roboto!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2019 5:45:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@bronze

words

notes
let's get this bread

It didn’t take too long for him to be joined by another at the blockaded beach, and the cheering from the crowd grew louder as he was joined by another. Looking up from his private musing, he nodded—before looking out at the number of Wailord.

“I have…four, actually. Although I’m not sure sending an Electivire close to the water would be a good idea,” he says at first, reaching into his jeans pocket and pulling out an assortment of shrunken-down marbles. “I have a Scizor, the aforementioned Electivire, an Emboar, and a Metagross. Would that work?” he adds a few moments later.

It was time to get to work, apparently.

Knowing what kind of danger an Electric-type would pose if it was let too close to the water, he then drew his fingers to his lips before releasing his best shrill whistle. “Everyone, please move away from the water,” he called out—there was no way he was going to endanger so many people with an Electric-type around. Because hell knew what the fuck Thor would do at the sight of all the uselessly-flapping Wailord.

Knowing that this wasn’t going to be enough, he’d decided to send out Alpha as well—since the Lucario could be able to get the more stubborn beachgoers out of the way. Five red beams of light appeared from his direction, and he had to back away for some room as the biggest beam of them all transformed into Ro, his Metagross.

Looking over at the Lucario first, he nodded in Alpha’s direction. “Can you help get them away from the water?” he asks the dual-type, and with a nod the Lucario goes off to handle some of the rowdier beach-goers. Looking back at the four Pokémon he’d sent out, he nodded.

“Two to a Wailord, guys, don’t fight now,” he says to the other four, assembled and waiting for orders. “Ro, try using your Telekinesis and see if you can shove them back into the water. Remember that damned Tentacruel from last time? This should be easier to move around,” he says to the hulking beast, before giving one of the four massive legs a pat.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 16:58:23 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
here to assist

Lilycove makes him uncomfortable, and it's not just because of the crowded streets or the noise of the shopping mall. It's because it was home, once, and there's something painfully familiar about it even after all these years. At least the Lilycove Department Store had the decency to rearrange their layout so that it provided less reminders than the rest of the damned city.

That's where the news finds him, frowning at the Revive in his hands as he debates whether or not he really needs it. Some girl he doesn't recognize, talking a little too loudly to her friend, "And we can't even hang out on the beach because of those dumb Wailord in the way. Geez. You'd think someone would do something about it already."

He blinks — freezes, really. He's a ranger.
Do something about it already.
So he does.

He sighs, and sets down his half-full shopping basket without getting into the queue, and makes his way out of the department store and down onto the long stretch of beach outside Lilycove proper. Sure enough, the problem is hard to miss — even the runt of a Wailord pod would be a sight to behold, and he didn't think this was a runt.

He sees it, then. Oh. There's more than one.

There's also already a couple people trying to help, and Orion lingers awkwardly on the sidelines for a moment before kicking himself.

Think of the Pokemon. You ought to help.

He approaches the blond with two Pokemon at his side, Absol silent as a shadow and Espeon's purple eyes gleaming in the sun. He clears his throat uncomfortably, craning his neck a little to view the problem in detail. It's much worse up close. "You, uh — I'm sure you've got this handled, but if you want any help —" God, why was he so painfully awkward? He presses his lips together, says with more conviction, "I'm a Ranger. I'll do what I can to assist?"

It comes out like a question, which he hadn't intended, but — good enough.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]

[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]

[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2019 14:16:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
oh Arceus, Alpha, wtf are you doing?!

“Please,” he begins with a pleading hint in his voice, because more people are flocking towards where they are instead of moving away from them—and it’s really driving him nuts because the noise level can’t let him concentrate.

Turning around to the sound of another voice, he then sees that he’s no longer alone.

“If you can help drive the crowd back some, that would be fantastic,” he continued, exasperation creeping into his voice. “We’re not going to get this done the more people crowd around. Wailord tend to be drawn to the attention—“ he continued, before hearing an unpleasant noise coming from somewhere.

“Sorry, hold that thought,” he blurted out, running down the sand before approaching his Emboar.

“What? What is it?” he asked the bipedal flaming Pokémon, who was inching away from the shoreline as fast as he could manage. “Please don’t tell me you’re still scared of the water even after all this time?”

An affirmative huffing noise came from the Emboar, nostrils flaring.

Lars could only groan.

“Please don’t be a sissy now and help us out?” he muttered, slowly inching to find the one ‘cool spot’ on his Emboar’s constantly-hot body. “Don’t freeze up now. We need your strength,” he added a few moments later. Sensing that there was something about to go down, the Lucario approached, eyebrows knit together in a similar exasperated expression.

“Alpha, care to help me out?” he asked the Lucario, who nodded—but there was something really fishy about the Lucario’s look. Like he was planning something.

Little did Lars know that Alpha was already in the middle of a Nasty Plot boost that involved slapping the daylights out of the Emboar silly and barking at Gula. He’d done it once before, he’ll do it again.

Clearly some of Lars’s other companions needed a more…forceful touch when it came to getting them into action. The human wasn’t prepared to see that one of his long-time companions had suddenly reared back, and struck the other Pokémon across the face before barking in his direction.

Whatever the hell was going down, it had attracted the attention of the Scizor and the Flygon, who’d come over to watch. Ro stood his ground in the sand, impassive and just… giving everyone else on his team his best impression of a stink eye because they were all being lazy idiots!

“Alpha! What was that for?!” Lars exclaimed, before the Lucario returned with a triumphant look on his features.

Sometimes, his other Pokémon needed a slap to reality to make them move.

All Alpha could do was point with his paw, watching as the Emboar punched his fists together and angrily let out an exhalation of steam, before stomping over and literally throwing his entire weight into a Heavy Slam attack, the first sign that everyone else should get moving and shove the Wailords back into the deeper water.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2019 18:51:55 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
here to assist

At very least, the other man seems grateful at the idea of assistance; it helps Orion relax as he listens intently to Laurence's instruction, giving a curt nod. A quick glance around the beach reveals that the crowd had in fact grown even in the short span of time it had taken for Orion to work up the courage to approach, and while he hates dealing with people — it's just part of the job.

He opens his mouth, then closes it with a stunned look as the Emboar's cry interrupts he and Lars both. The older ranger takes off running, leaving a very confused Orion to fumble out a quick, "Oh, uh, yeah, n-no problem—" before he's left standing awkward and alone.

He steels himself, then sends out Katas.

"People are scared of you, buddy," he tells his Pokemon seriously, "and I know you hate that, and I do too, but I need you to use it to your advantage, OK? Be scary."

Katas stares at him, red eyes calm and sharp claws digging into the sand. Orion knows his partner well enough to read reluctance in his features, but after a beat the Absol dips its head in compliance. When he looks up, there's something hard in his gaze and even Orion feels a bit of a shiver creep down his spine.

"Woah, yeah, just like that. Let's go."

They leave Laurence and his bickering Pokemon at the water's edge to go square off with the gathering crowd, arguably the far more frightening task in Orion's opinion. He'd take the Wailord any day. But he'd been given a task and he takes to it with determination, stopping a few feet from the masses and folding his arms. Next to him, Katas lets out a low growl.

"You need to leave. All of you." Where the Ranger's normally stuttering and fumbling his words, they come out strong. "I'm sure this'll be all over the local news tonight if you can't get enough of whale-watching, but this beach is now off-limits to the public. No — don't argue with me, sir, it's not going to get you anywhere." Katas turns his gaze on the headstrong man, who reluctantly closes his mouth. "I repeat, the beach is closed. You can come back later once the Wailord have been taken care of."

Having said his piece, Orion begins the arduous task of herding the crowd like a flock of stubborn sheep, his Absol padding at his side.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 12:27:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
a whale of a problem indeed ugh lol

Now that the Emboar had moved into action, the other Pokémon dispersed, ready to tackle the gigantic obstacles in front of them. The Scizor began to heave on the opposite side of the Emboar, who was now bashing himself into the closest Wailord repeatedly. Over where the Flygon had gone off to, the Lucario was now throwing his entire weight as much as he could manage into shoving another Wailord back into the water.

Lars then went over to where his Metagross was, attempting to use Telekinesis to shove this stubborn-looking Wailord (that wasn’t as large as the others yet) into the surf, but what the hell, they were so heavy.

“No luck?” he asked the Metagross, to which he got an exasperated grating noise. He could only guess how heavy the damned things were, but geez, this was out of hand. “Arceus. I don’t want to use him, but… he’s just so triggerhappy near the water. What else can I do, though?” he hummed, sighing slightly as he backed away a few steps and finally summoned his Electivire.

The moment the Electric-type hit the sand, the energy began to crackle around him, a gleeful look on its face. “Thor. Thor! Don’t do what I’m thinking what you’re thinking! They’re not punching bags!” he added with a sigh, rubbing the side of his head. Hearing an annoyed buzzing noise, the Electivire could only sigh.

“Help Ro out, will you? They’re stupid heavy, apparently,” he added, before leaving the two alone and going over to where his Flygon and Lucario were vainly throwing themselves against the bulky body of the Wailord they were trying to move. “Ugh,” he groaned, helping the two lighter Pokémon in an attempt to move the damned thing as well.

He could feel his boots digging into the sand but he didn’t care. He had to get the damned Water-type back into the water. Oof.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 22:10:32 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
here to assist

Arceus above, Orion absolutely hated dealing with people. They're acting like he's the problem as he herds them further up the shore, shooting dirty looks and muttering under their breath about how he doesn't own the beach and who did he think he was, ordering them around?

To his credit, Orion bites his tongue and doesn't take the bait. The last thing he needs is them turning their ire toward the rangers as a whole; if there was any way to earn a demotion...

When he's finally cleared out the crowd, he heads back down the beach to see that the problem looks about as bad as when he'd first arrived. There's an Electivire on the field, now, which is — concerning, but Orion's not exactly planning to set foot in the water if he does have to.

The other man is shoving his weight against one of the whales, which seems... a futile effort.

Orion's Espeon is sent out, her forked tail flicking side-to-side as she surveys the situation. She looks at him as if he's insane, and Orion sighs. "I know, I know. Just — lend a Helping Hand, please? Maybe like, ten of them?"

She huffs, but the gem on her forehead glows with power. Noticing the imbalance of power, she lends her helping hand to the Lucario as her trainer reluctantly takes up a position next to Laurence. He's strong, he gets a lot of fitness in, but the whale doesn't budge as Orion throws his entire weight against it, grunting.

"Ugh," he gasps, "this isn't working. Got any more tricks up your sleeve?"

Up close, the guy looks familiar, but Orion's too focused on the task at hand to figure out why.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 15:02:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
morphin' time. Lol

“Arceus, if I had easy access to a forklift, we could easily shove them—but then, you know how… how heavy they are? This is insane, he grumbled, having turned around and literally thrown his back into the Wailord that he was trying to help shove into the surf.

Huffing and puffing, he looked over at his Pokémon companions, each of them struggling to get their respective Wailords back into the water. Hell, even the Electivire had stopped trying to zap the Wailord and was actually pitching in. The groans and cries of protest were starting to rise from his companions, and he finally stood up, after trying to shove this stubborn Wailord into the water for the past three minutes.

“I have—an idea, but… it’s a little… risky. However… it’s the best shot we have, he said in the other man’s direction, looking absently at the ring on his left pointer finger where a rainbow-colored rock rested on a simple steel band.

“Ro. Back away. Everyone else, clear out!” he called to the rest of his team, clearly struggling. Taking a deep breath, he walked over to where the rest of his Pokémon had gathered, now watching restlessly on the sand, before turning his attention to the Metagross.

“This isn’t kaiju hell, but… we’re going to need your strength. Work with me?” he spoke softly to the hulking beast, who let out a grating noise of agreement.

Slowly, surely, he backed away and concentrated, touching the rainbow-colored rock on the ring he wore, watching as the Metagross was encased in this sphere of light he’d seen exactly once previously—before a sudden burst signified that he’d changed his form.

“This should work,” he said to the other Ranger, before turning his attention to the transformed Ro.

Telekinesis, now!” he began, watching as with gargantuan power, the Metagross flung out a powerful blast of Telekinetic energy towards the nearest Wailord, watching in silent awe as the gargantuan beast slowly, but surely, was lifted into the air.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 19:54:33 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
here to assist

"Yes, I know how heavy they are," he retorts, and if it comes out snappy it's only because he's literally throwing his entire weight against what might as well be a brick wall as the question was posed. It was likely rhetorical, but he's too wrapped up in the moment to care. Had he realised who he was talking to, he might have been a bit more cautious. "Also, a lot of problems could be easily solved with a damn forklift."

There's a sheen of sweat that's broken on his brow as they give up their impossible task and Orion steps away from the whale.

"Risky, deadly, I don't care at this point," he admits. "If it'll work, let's hear it."

Instead, he sees it: Mega Evolution, the first time in his life he's ever laid eyes upon such a thing. He's heard about it, of course, but there's a huge difference between hearing about such feats and witnessing them in the flesh. He's stunned into silence for a long moment, staring at the transformed Metagross in wonder

"Woah," is all he can say.

Telekinetic powers begin to slowly-but-surely lift the Wailord into the air, and Orion snaps out of his daze.

"Delphi, give Metagross a hand!"

Espeon doesn't give any sign of protest, this time, sensing the gravity of the situation as her gem begins to glow and then emits a bright flash. Hopefully her helping hand would make the gargantuan task a little easier. Even Mega-Evolved Pokemon had their limits, right?

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]color:#9e76b1; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 21:32:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

With the power boost, they were finally making progress.

From the corner of his eye, Lars notices that the other has brought out an Espeon, and he heard the next few words that make things go much quicker—a Helping Hand boost! What luck!

“Alright, Ro, go! Move them!” he called out, urging the transformed blue beast forward as another loud grating noise came from the Metagross, followed by another powerful expulsion of Telekinetic energy. This time, the Wailord visibly moved, before being shoved back towards the ocean by a near-invisible force.

Seeing what was going on, the people began to cheer, urging the two on—and the Metagross continued to slowly but surely inch back the gigantic Wailord, one by one, towards the deeper part of the surf. Quickly recalling the rest of his team, Lars kept his concentration on the Metagross, moving at the same time Ro did.

As resounding splashing noises rang across the area, more and more of the Wailord were being returned to the sea—and more of the beach slowly returning back to its pristine state.

Sooner, later, eventually, all of the beached Wailord have been brought back into deeper waters, before the Metagross turned around, floating in mid-air as he came back to where Lars stood in the surf, unmindful of the fact that his boots were getting soaked now as he gave the hulking blue beast a pat and tapped the marble once more.

“You did fantastic, Ro, thank you,” he muttered quietly, watching as the transformed Metagross changed back into his normal form and landed with a loud thudding noise in the sand. Turning around, he then faced the other Ranger who had shown up.

“And you, thank you for helping out as well,” he said in the other Ranger’s direction. “I believe… I didn’t catch your name? I’m Lars,” he finally introduced himself, recalling all of his Pokémon in bright flashes of red light.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 12:15:34 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
here to assist

As the largest Wailord is deposited into the sea, the wall of water created by the resounding splash sweeps up the beach like a tide and soaks right into Orion's boots and the hem of his jeans. It's a cold, inconvenient, uncomfortable sensation, but it's worth it.

Someone cheers, and even Orion finds it in himself to smile.

Unfortunately, the conclusion of the job means the onset of social interaction, and he instinctively clams up upon the approach of the far more impressive ranger and his now-regular-sized Pokemon.

"Oh, uh—" He can't recall the start of the conversation, remembers only a swirl of anxiety and action. "I-I didn't give it, I think."

Laurence's Pokemon disappear, and Orion's Absol returns to his side from where he'd previously been corralling the crowd. Espeon is glaring at him as she makes a futile attempt to lick the sand from between her dainty paws, and Orion takes the hint to recall her.

He blinks at the introduction, recognizing the name.

His cheeks flush as he realises that this is the Lars, Laurence Anderson, one of the Elite. Orion was a nobody, not important enough to run with the upper echelons of Rangers, so he didn't know the man by sight. As if this situation wasn't stressful enough.

He clears his throat.

"Orion. I'm, ah, sorry I couldn't do more." He grimaces, sheepish. "My other Pokemon's a Litwick, and they're... well, I don't think he'd have been much help."

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]color:#9e76b1; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]