thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 4:36:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Knowledge raises no alarm bells.[break][break]

Cillian's expression is grim as he braces himself for what they'd find inside. His Rotom phone sheds light on a gruesome scene of blood, gore, and bones.[break][break]

He doesn't so much as flinch as his gaze settles on the body.[break][break]

"Hm. Not one of ours."[break][break]

At least, not one he recognizes. But perhaps would.[break][break]

A low hiss of breath releases the tension that's been building since they'd found the trail. Another dead end. Though a part of him had yearned for closure, he mostly knows relief.[break][break]

Dragging a hang through his hair, Cillian asks, "You good to keep going, or d'you need to tap out?" His gaze settles heavy on Ashton's. "No shame if you have to call it."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 5:15:51 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"] -----

[break]
[attr="class","leprosearlo"]

Inwardly he groans as Cillian goes into check, sure no more ash but even seeing the litlio was uncomfortable. Though his gaze moves to the body and it's not one he Recognizes either, but he does make a mental note to send someone else up here to recover it later.[break ][break]

Someone that wasn't him as clearly he was useless even as the other claimed there to be no shame. [Break][break]

"n' chicken out like a bitch boy!? Piss off with that, Ah don't pussy out I pussy up," he grumbles as he adopts his mother's more colorful language. Sure he would love to get out of this situation personally, but as Ashton he felt like he couldn't.[break][break]

With that though he does take out one of his smokes and lifts up his mask enough to take a drag from the cannabis, Salem might not be here but he had the next best thing to dull his nerves. "So wut now?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","leprosearlo1"]

[break][break]

+
[break]+ Mission: Search Party

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#b13e53;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo a]color:#84c5d0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#b13e53;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1 a]font:10px Oswald;color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 18:10:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's eyes narrow at the language.
[break][break]

"Watch yourself."
[break][break]

It was not the swearing that prompted his reprimand, but its direction. Though he did not require cowering and utter subservience, he would demand respect.
[break][break]

He doesn't bat an eye at the joint. It makes him long for a cigarette, but his lungs would not appreciate the strain. Reluctantly, he refrains.
[break][break]

"We keep searching until it gets dark or we find something."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 22:47:20 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

'Ashton' takes another long drag of the smoke as he keeps eye contact through his goggles with the other. Aggravation clear and he even thought about talking back, but given his state of mind he knows enough to not go with this first thought. He looks away and takes another drag, allowing the smoke to do its job and null his nerves, "Fine... Sorry n whatever ah don't do well with those things around," he grumbles as he did the reverse of his first thought, "Trauma's a bitch, ya get that right?"[break][break]

He just shrugs about their continuing to look until nightfall as he is quick to try and leave the den to get out of the situation stressing him most, "While ah get the whole 'don't let someone rot here n' all why you? Dis shit seems more fer scrubs like me" he decides to question hoping the talking would help distract his mind more.

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.leprosearlo]background-color:rgba(35,35,35,1);padding:20px;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leprosearlo1]margin:-14px 0px -9px 0px;background-color:#b13e53;color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;font:10px Oswald;padding:5px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 23:16:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He is unflinching in gaze and demeanour, though his eyes soften when Ashton has the sense to back down.[break][break]

"I do," he says of trauma.[break][break]

Too well. Though the night terrors had lessened since had moved in, he suspected they might never abate. Still he woke choking on ash that wasn't there with the taste of fire and death in his throat.[break][break]

So he doesn't hold the outburst against Ashton.[break][break]

Equally as eager to be free of the den and the stench of blood, Cillian climbs back aboard his Genesect and clicks his tongue to get it moving.[break][break]

"Why not?" An unsatisfying answer, so he elaborates, "I'd sooner brave the danger myself than risk losing more of our own by sending in green recruits. I'd have dismissed you at the base if not for your tenure."[break][break]

That Ashton was still a grunt meant little to Cillian, who'd held the rank for many years before starting his climb.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 23:44:57 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

It almost felt like they were having a heart to heart, and it was weird. Back in the day sure these happened often enough and they were nice, even the times when it felt like the older man was giving half answers to avoid them getting in trouble. Though he supposes now they couldn't get in trouble with the higher ups as Cillian was one of them now. Its too bad he couldn't just be him though. [break][break]

"Okay but I don't get why, yer an underboss, so who gives a damn about some nameless grunts, ah don't even care about sum of da other grunts n' I'm one!" in fairness though a lot of his bases for his character had all been based in what old rocket looked for, the old Rocket in which Cillian was apart of, so wrapping his head around it felt like it couldn't function. Not when Rocket still kept people like the character he acted like around.[break][break]

Ashton just blinks at the other, "Ten-yer? I ain't been here ten years"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 14:36:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

They search. Sweat sticks hair to the back of Cillian's neck.[break][break]

"Ten-your." He stresses the pronunciation. "It means you've worked with us long enough to be considered reliable."[break][break]

Rather than waning, Cillian's patience with the other seems to have strengthened over time. Seeing the primal terror in Ashton at the sight of the Pyroar and yet knowing he was determined to push past that fear in Rocket's name grants him a measure of respect.[break][break]

So he does his best to explain, "As underboss, it's my duty to look out for Rocket's interests. Contrary to apparent popular belief," and his lip twitches, "our grunts are not nameless and expendable. I know your name, Ashton." Unbeknownst to him, he also knew the real name of the grunt behind the mask. "If I have the time and energy to spend on a search, why push that responsibility off on others when instead we could cooperate to meet the same goal?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 16:25:14 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Damn he's started to be seen as reliable? Clearly he's doing a piss poor job at being a bad grunt. That or the other just didn't know his win loss record in the missions he has been in. Though that didn't seem as likely as the Gavin he knew tried to keep on top of things. "Ooohhh, yeah ah knew that.." which was true in reality, just not Ashton's reality, yet the explanation reminds him back to the labs when the man would help him with actual hard words for a kid his age because not even current adults his age were learning them.[break][break]

Razz just tilts his head at the other because it does make sense given the Gavin he knew, but still just went against everything he knew with old Rocket and it bugged him. Had this been the Rocket he had grown up with his betrayal may have never come. There is that small bitterness that eats away at him that if Rocket was going to be like this why couldn't it been like this for him. Though overall he knows why, because while Hoenn's division was ran by several who had been traumatized from the past, the core of Rocket was still dirty at its core. [break][break]

"I dunno cause even from the bottom's perspective dat doesn't seem the case, not less ya get the luck of actually teamin' up with ya fer the first time, nor the rumors ya hear before ya join"[break][break]

But he's being too serious as Ashton now as he gives a grin, "Bet ya don't know me last name"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 19:45:05 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Mistakes could be corrected. Loyalty was paramount.[break][break]

Given no indication that Ashton was at risk of defection, Cillian assesses him by the length of his unflinching service. So long as he showed a willingness to learn, he was an asset.[break][break]

"I cannot control every rumour that spreads." A low, rumbling laugh rises in his throat. "Nor would I wish to. Fear is a useful tool."[break][break]

knew all too well how Rocket had weaponized it against Cillian. Doubtless, he'd glimpse now the cycle.[break][break]

"Ashton Robertson, seemingly no relation to the Mayor of that same name. Not your real name, I'd imagine; likely chosen to muddy the search results. Surprisingly intelligent." For someone like you, is implied, though not spoken. "I do pay attention to those I work with."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 21:00:10 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Is it though? Seems to be better to use butter for butterfree," he claims using the saying in placement for honey and combee. "Less doubt n backstabbin'"[Break][break]

He gives a loud 'Ha' at the mention of his so called 'intelligent' move, "Bitch ya think ah'm smart 'nough fer that?" the 'bitch' used in a more endearing way this time in comparison to last "Nah son dats legit, but by God the headaches that shit cause ya know what it's like ta go into a interview they look ya up and think 'wow this big shot applyin' here!?' just ta see me wuz sum bullshit I tell ya" he claims but there is humor behind it all as he does see the joke in it. Razz simply amused that Cillian saw his naming choice easily.[break][break]

"Couldn't be me, that shit way too much work"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 13:27:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Though warped, he recognizes the saying. More Combee with honey than vinegar. Cillian shakes his head.
[break][break]
"Honey attracts the sweet. We need soldiers, not bleeding hearts."
[break][break]
That was the problem with their old recruitment methods in Hoenn, Cillian thinks; a flaw he himself had played into when recruiting his own brother to the organization. Soft hearts rarely hardened.
[break][break]
Cillian may have been a different man without Rocket's influence, but he'd never have been a good one.
[break][break]
Believing Ashton's deception, the underboss laughs.
[break][break]
"I know a thing or two about false names."
[break][break]
Merlino had been a farce, after all.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 16:53:59 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Fair 'nough ah guess, but wuts da end goal?" he questions, only after asking that he realizes that it might not be a question Ashton would ask. Though as he takes the last drag off his joint he realizes the reason for the slip, "These things def don't last long enough," he grumbles as he puts it out spitting the bud into a container he brought with him. Undercover or not he wasn't going to litter the wilds with his trash.[break][break]

"Yeah ah bet, sure you've put on plenty an act here n' there since yer face pretty well known, heard ya went by a diff name befer too right? How'd rocket feel 'bout Yer lying?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 21:58:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It's a fair question, one he's heard countless times. He gives no pause to consider the intelligence of the one asking it, and Ashton slips past another hurdle.[break][break]

"You've heard of Kanto, I'm sure."[break][break]

The statement stands on its own. He doesn't bother to elaborate. Rocket were criminals and conquerors. The goal was to take until they could take no more.[break][break]

"Mm, my identity wasn't always so... public." He laughs, rich and deep, but sobers at the mention of Rocket. "My boss was displeased, but withheld discipline on account of my loyal service to the organization. For which I am grateful."[break][break]

Though Cillian's stoicism is a practised mask, Razz might recognize a subtle shift in his tone. For a moment, he sounded almost like the grunt back in Kanto who'd been forced to placate every whim of his betters.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Rocket Grunt
---
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,612 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Raziel Beckett
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 6:01:00 GMT
Raziel Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"Yeeeee ah don't really read da news or anythin' like that, but ah've heard my coworkers at Silph talk 'bout it, called it uhhhh wut was it? Peace through Ty...runt..tery..." there is a pause before he clicks his fingers, "tyranny, is that the thin' yer looking for?" [break][break]

Since blurr was the one in control of their travel it allows him to just watch Cillian, try to listen to his tone and try to see his reactions. He wasn't always the best at reading people, but given his old experience with the other he wants to try. And oddly enough Cillian for the first time actually seemed familiar and he doesn't know what to feel about it. Because like it or not Cillian did seem to be doing better now than he ever had in the past, "Yeeeeeah? n how does disaplin' work in da now-a-days compared ta the old, cause like no offense but ah know my record of missions have been shit, n' so far all I've noticed is a paycut to which fair," he shrugs as if it was no big deal. "But could be cause I'm low tier unlike you"

[break][break]

[break][break]

+

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
How Far You'll Go
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 20:10:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You work for Silph." It's not a question; Cillian had read as much in Ashton's file. What he wanted to know was, "Why?"

[break][break]
He loathed Silph. Hadn't cared for them one way or another, once upon a time, but that had changed the moment decided to fuck with his sister. Ashton's lucky that Cillian is not Chu-e. He is not painted with guilt by association, even if the underbosses amber eyes narrow.
[break][break]

"Tyranny," he says, at the same time Ashton finds the word. He shakes his head. "Peace through any means. We offered Hoenn a peaceful resolution, first."
[break][break]

Rather, they'd offered it to the League, live and on-air. And and her government had spoken out against Rocket's olive branch. So here they were, at war.
[break][break]

"Have you done anything that needs disciplinary action?" Cillian almost sounds amused. "It entirely depends on the offense. You'll hardly learn from mistakes if we take a limb every time, mm?" He's entirely too calm about this, especially since the scar on his palm is testament to the old method. "It also matters who's doing the punishing, and what sort of mood you catch us in."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 SEARCH PARTY

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times