he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,668 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 21:00:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It'd been some time since they were all trapped within that ship, forced to work. What felt like seven days was actually two. Enough time to be noticeable, but not enough that his Gym's functions were interrupted; his more clear-minded Pokemon were able to run things in his absence.

Though with the way his Pokemon were attending him, one would swear he'd been missing for years. Nary a moment went by when several didn't have him in their sights, some going for subtlety while others were quite literally attached to his hip.

But Hideo had business to attend to. Namely, regarding the Lake Trio.

Two of which were in the room with him right now. One very much able, and very eager to eat the pizza that was delivered moments ago. The other, in need of rest, and not very eager to eat the pizza Uxie was trying to push in its face.

Hideo had sent out a message to , to let her know to come meet him at his Gym.

hey
we gotta talk about our pizza pals
meet @ littleroot gym
you know where pal 3's friend is?

He had no idea how to contact , the one that Azelf seemed to have an interest in. And fortunately, he wouldn't need to; Uxie had already done so, using Hideo's Rotomdex.

hey
come 2 littleroot gym
tell az they need 2 eat pizza 2 get better

Hideo sat in his chair, several Joltiks hanging from the ceiling as they tried to stealthily watch over him.

They weren't doing a good job of it.

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 21:42:13 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Days were spent in recovery which were idle and a welcome break from the pyhsical labour of one or even several? weeks. Cass is excused from school for the moment, but frankly ... as soon as she's been able to process some, she's tried hitting the books again, with little success. There's been little desire to leave her room, where the past events seem almost like the worst dream she could ever had ... ... with some thoughts and events that do not leave her mind so easily.

And it's then that Uxie's message finds their phone, which. Huh. Is this Hideo texting-? Though she didn't think he'd text like this, frankly. And what's this about pizza- but she's already out of the door, claiming to go on a walk for a change of pace.

It takes a bit until she arrives at the gym, and then some until she actually gets to Hideo, Eris and the Lake Trio. Honestly, she still isn't sure what to feel about it all, but she really wants to see for herself that Azelf's still here, breathing and alive and ...

... poked in the face by pizza that Uxie tries to feed him. "... I assume that Uxie sent me the message then?" she asks, holding her phone up with the message displayed on the screen. She feels part of her tension fall off as she chuckles at the scene in front of her, but her wave directed at Azelf is still a little bit awkward.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 23:18:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Mesprit appears without notice. Not a sound. Not even that usual pink puff of glitter or dust. It's almost as if they simply walked in with their own two feet, or had been there all along. And when they spy a free piece of pizza being shoved into an unwilling sibling's face, they are there on the sidelines, inhaling it with all their might until it's pried free of Uxie's grip and flies right into their mouth.[break][break]

"Oh- that's..." The entrance of the third comes with a brand new scent. Yet another box of pizza balanced upon Reiner's head and several cups of boba tea juggled in Eris' hands. "Mes, that's a hidden talent. And one that you should only unleash upon your worst enemies."[break][break]

Read: Never. Seeing it once was horrifying enough.[break][break]

Her heel helps to bump the door shut on the way in, fully closing this room off from the world. On the other hand, Reiner simply busies himself with trying to find a new space to place the additional box down, sighing as Mesprit hurriedly taps at the spot beside them with a smug grin. And when the stage is set, they'll lay an arm over the top and lean their weight on the sturdy box.[break][break]

Today is the day the sprite of emotions will surpass the sprite of knowledge in its own domain. Today, Uxie would discover the phenomenon of the Schrodinger's pizza. In an unopened box of pizza, lay two possibilities - The presence of a hot pizza oozing with cheesy goodness, or the absence (death) of such a beautiful masterpiece.[break][break]

"So..." Ignoring the whole competition between Mesprit and Uxie, Eris slides a cup over to Hideo, then turns her attention to Cass and gingerly hands her the other. "First things first, uhhh... lemme just say that whatever is said in this room should probably mostly stay in this room. With exception of what we're obliged to report, I mean."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,668 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 23:39:22 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Actually, three pixies were in the room.

Uxie stared (through closed eyes) at Mesprit, an incredulous look upon its face. It was quick to launch into a rant, yelling at Mesprit for daring to steal away the precious nutrition their sibling needed to recover after it's temporary death. All the while, Azelf, just stared at the pixie of knowledge, shaking its head as it shot a frustrated glance towards its more emotional sibling.

Hideo was able to understand what happened, even without Uxie telling him anything. Only one Pokemon was bold enough to steal pizza right out of Uxie's hands.

"...I got no idea what Uxie sent you," Hideo said - Uxie was the only Pokemon in the room that could read something to Hideo, and it was busy fighting about pizza. "But it's good it was able to find you!...I wouldn't have known the first place to look."

They hadn't exactly shared phone numbers while they were on the ship.

Weakly, Azelf waved back to Cass, glad to see her face here.

The sound of a door closing marked the entrance of their third member. "Already gonna have that covered," Hideo said. "Elga should be standing guard outside now that we're all here. I made sure to shut off anything that could record stuff in this room."

Hideo took a sip of his boba tea, as Uxie set its (closed) sight on the new pizza box. The edible thought experiment was presented before it - there was either pizza in that box, or disappointment. Uxie could get what it wanted back from Mesprit, or be robbed of its cheesy delight yet again. Hope could give way to despair, but fear would not cloud Uxie's choice.

Because it really wanted more pizza.

So it would open the box.

"I'm gonna have to tell the League that we got Azelf sooner rather than later…last thing I want is them getting mad that I kept it a secret. I already got in enough trouble for hiding Uxie."

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 7:55:25 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Cass blinks at the happenings. She ... has not been aware that anyone could do that, let alone a pixie that's like, not even a meter tall, all things considered. She nods in agreement with Eris' words, quickly putting down Jon (as ever) in her arms to offer Eris to take off some of her load. She's been here for all but ten seconds and already can tell that maybe, the sprite's main source of nutrition comes from pizza. (It's oddly comforting how teen that feels, even if she never ever experienced that herself.)

"Uxie said, and I quote, 'tell az they need to eat pizza to get better'," Cass replies to Hideo with an amused smile, and sees how Azelf frowns slightly at the message. Her amusement is mixed with a slightly bewildered look - he'd have to adapt to these mythical beings also effectively being a trio of ordinary siblings - which, again, is a more comforting thought than she'd thought initially. "Yeah, sorry for not stopping by earlier - kinda got into hermit mode for a second there," she smiles faintly, feeling bad now that she sees how weak Azelf still is. It's good, probably, to see Uxie now busy with Mesprit, however, letting Azelf have some time to recover (mentally).

She picks up both Jon and a cup of Boba with thankful nod, listening to the younger kids set up their whole secret meeting. She, again, feels relieved to hear that this meeting would truly be private - something they didn't have during the jailbreak proper. It's also surprising for Cass to hear that Eris seems to be so cautious - thinking that friends of a gym leader would also need to be pro-league all the way. ... but frankly, it doesn't even seem like Hideo's all that in, either, with how he kept Uxie hidden. (Y'know, actually, yeah. She didn't have the bandwidth to be surprised back then, but, huh. This is all more wild than she thought.)

"No worries, they won't hear from me ..." she promises sincerely, with only a little bit of her disdain for the League slipping out. "And uh, ... can you ... maybe not mention me anywhere for now?" Her hands cradling the cup of boba are stained purple, scarring that unfortunately could make a description of her be more specific than "purple haired girl". "If that's possible - I'm not sure how persistent they are to figure out a possible third ..." She glances over at Azelf, too, smiling as she sees them smile, relaxing a bit. It's ... a relief, somehow. "I mean- what even happened, generally speaking? With the Lake Trio, you guys ..."

All in the while, Jon and Martin (who's concealing Jon's garbage scent) couldn't help but focus on the competition between Uxie and Mesprit, seemingly quite intrigued by whatever is going on over there. Azelf themself seems to glance over, before closing their eyes for a moment now that Uxie's stopped trying to feed them pizza.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 12:24:08 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]It's hard to miss the two tones in the room - Resignation. Distrust. She knows of Hideo's obligation and thought process. What she has yet to understand is that of Cass.[break][break]

"It's okay. Things were pretty messy. I'd be pretty impressed if you came straight here after all that happened." A quiet sip punctuates her sentences. "Dealing with the pixies is also pretty surreal. You're taking it rather well for someone who's been tossed head first into this."[break][break]

As if emphasising her explanation, Mesprit smirks at Uxie's bravery and cackles along with cruel fate. For you see, within that box of pizza was... another box.[break][break]

"I won't mention anything about you. But I have to say that there were probably a whole bunch of witnesses to us using those red chains." There are chairs present within this room. Eris finds it most comfortable to sit on the table. "Sooner or later, the more they want Azelf on their side, the more they will try to find you."[break][break]

Flattened palms against her cup begin to tent as she taps her fingertips on it. A steady rhythm that dulls her tongue and tone.[break][break]

"Mmm, if we wanna talk the basics... Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf are known as the Lake Trio, holding domains over knowledge, emotions and willpower respectively. Hideo over there has been chosen by Uxie, and I by Mesprit to be..." Her eyes turn to the pixie, a brow raised as the sprite waggles their brows back, as if attempting to get her to understand their brilliance on this masterplan against Uxie. "Partners, is probably the best way to explain it. They hang out with us, keep us from harm, do..."[break][break]

Another glance over to Mesprit, who now seems to be waggling their brows at Uxie as if daring them to open the next box.[break][break]

"Pixie stuff. They're like regular pokemon companions just... a lot more of a handful."[break][break]

That gaze finally falls to Cass. A mismatched pair of red and pink irises looking her up and down like a curious Delcatty.[break][break]

"You heard Azelf, didn't you? Back during that prison break?" At the very least, she assumes she did. No one else was out there hucking red chains at the big bads like Cass was. "Whatever the reason may be, Azelf has acknowledged you. Which leads us to this very point in time."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,668 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 23:49:36 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo let out a sigh. "Yeah, sounds like something Uxie would say. Heck, Uxie even wanted Azelf swaddled in my Zarude's vines to heal up. Only reason that's not happening is 'cause my Zarude doesn't like being in cities."

Uxie stared at the uncovered treasure - another box. It stared at it for an entire ten seconds, its gaze unbreaking, until it finally decided to act once more.

It'd open that box.

And it'd be ready to open any further boxes that were stored within.

It was going to find whatever pizza was inside these, however many boxes it took.

"Don't worry about needing some time. We all needed some time after that." That ten-hour shower he wanted ended up being a one-hour bath, and ooh boy were his Pokemon making sure they had their eyes on him. There were even some watching from above, their adorable little eyes watching Uxie search for some cheesy goodness. "And don't worry; I wasn't planning to tell the League about you. Both of us kept our mouths shut about having them for a while!...'til we opened up about them. Only the top people in League and the other Gym Leaders know I got Uxie…and a few other people."

Hideo quietly let Eris explain most of the details, nodding along with her explanations.

"They actually first appeared to us when Necrozma was attacking the Tree of Life in Sootopolis. We helped summon the Lake Trio, and they were able to bind it with their Red Chain…'til another Necrozma showed up. The three of them got attacked by Shadow Pokemon…Uxie and Mesprit got hurt, but Azelf got it the worst."

The seriousness of his words were undercut off by a pizza box hitting the ground.

"Me and Eris got marked by Uxie and Mesprit. Didn't seem to do much 'til that meteor came down and Rocket tried attacking Littleroot. Dialga showed up, and then Uxie and Mesprit came out to protect us. That's how they joined up with us, and they've been with us since."

"I was trying to look for Azelf since then. Even fessed up to the League 'cause I wanted their help finding Azelf, but guess I just had to wait a year and a half. And, well, here we are now."

Sitting in a room, talking while the Lake Trio were playing with pizza boxes.

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 18:14:44 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass allows herself to ponder Azelf swaddled like a little baby for a moment, which promptly is met with Azelf opening its eyes all of a sudden and shaking its head weakly. "Guess we better not make it a retreat to the countryside, hm?" she offers as reconciliation after the traiterous thought, "I think here might probably be safer, either way ... or not. It's hard to tell." Frankly, she gave up on the concept of safety some time ago, or believes to have - it's complicated. She smiles faintly at Eris, one hand fidgeting with the odd consistency of Jon's arm. "Thanks. Hope you had the chance to recover from all that, too?"

Jon looks at the discarded pizza box, seemingly lost in thought, too. If they didn't want it ...

Cass belatedly notices that she's still standing awkwardly, and takes a chair close to the others and Azelf, which also coincidentally makes it close to a discarded pizza box. Absent-mindedly, she puts her boba tea on the table, and picks the carton up to hand it to Jon.

"Thank you two for keeping the ... open secret," she laughs quietly, "I'm hoping to use being ... just a person for a while, but we'll see how it'll play out in the end." She sighs, staring at her hands. She can only guess its residue from the poison that rushed through her veins alongside with this clarity that made her dizzy.

While Jon's looking around with a questioning look, asking for confirmation that he could start nibble on the pizza box, Cass is listening to Eris' and Hideo's explanations of the events that have lead up to here. There's a quiet chuckle as Eris mentions pixie things, and Cass is directing her attention at the shenanigans of Uxie and Mesprit for a bit. She wonders how Mesprit even does that - did it bribe the pizzeria somehow, psychic powers? Then she looks at Azelf again, who's resting with closed eyes again. She really hopes it can be like that soon, too.

As Hideo recounts Necrozma, Littleroot, she looks horrified that these kids have been involved in these violent events - and still, she's also not surprised. She hates that. "Arceus..." she exhales under her breath. A year and a half, the Littleroot invasion and then the things with the Sootopolis Tree of Life before ... "Arceus darn it, how- you? How are you?" she couldn't help but ask, just thinking how old they might be now and how old they were back then. She takes a deep breath then, shaking her head. "Sorry, if that's- too much of a question."

Another breath, then she nods. "Yes. I saw their vision, too, with the tears ... before the prison break. I collected my tears in my mask, and I could see there ... and then the Toxic Chain kind of ... evolved, I suppose? I felt the companionship of my pokémon again, and also ... it draw me towards where Azelf, and my physical pokémon, were." (Going through the flesh tube was her idea, but hey, maybe they didn't see. They didn't need to know.) "And for the rest ... you were there, mostly."

She's quiet for a moment, grappling with the fact that Azelf has shown interest in her for a reason she can't fathom - flattering, scary. Confusing. "What do you guys plan to do now?" she then asks, deciding to figure out the why later and instead focus on the now. "How long do you think will it take for Azelf to recover-? Can we help, somehow?" She looks up at Martin who could supplement some healing flowers, but she's really not sure if it likes that idea better than being swaddled.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 9:04:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]How are you?[break][break]

There are many things she could say to Cass. Many, many ways she could answer that question. But in the end, holding her tongue and letting Hideo speak for them must be the smartest choice. As Reiner leans his hands in her lap, she busies herself with threading her fingers through Reiner's mane. Listens to the many other questions that Cass has, raises a brow at the silence that falls.[break][break]

"Hang out with the trio, watch over them as they recover, learn more about them I guess? No real plans." She hums. "Far as I'm concerned, I'm still considered a civilian. So even though Mes is with me, I'm not really obligated to do anything big like... I dunno, fight? Or stuff. Hideo has League duties, but that's mostly 'cos he's a gym leader."[break][break]

For a moment, Mesprit looks up, cooing at Eris with a curious look. And all the while, their devious plan unfolds: Uxie opens the next pizza box to... another pizza box, but this time with a number lock?[break][break]

"Azelf will heal in time. If I've figured anything out whilst hanging out with Mesprit, it's that their powers aren't really limited by their gems." A finger raises, subconsciously points to her forehead. "If need be, I could probably ask my brother if he's willing to provide us with some healing waters from Suicune. Fixes all kinds of injuries and stuff. Real magical stuff."[break][break]

Probably a really weird suggestion without any context, but she's happy to elaborate if the need arises.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,668 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 22:41:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Enough time to get back into the swing of things," Hideo said. "Can't say I ever wanna get locked in a jail cell again. Not that I wanted to in the first place."

"And don't worry; I had Uxie before I was with League, so I know what you'd keep or lose if the League knows Azelf chose you. I didn't tell them about Eris and Mesprit."

Not that he had the chance to; he revealed Uxie because Eris outed herself.

Uxie paused the moment it reached the next box - and saw that there was a number lock on it. There was no attempt to question who'd make a pizza box with a number lock. It could've easily looked in the future to try and find the correct code, it could've looked through its sibling's memories for it. Heck, it could've easily just opened the cardboard with a small application of force.

But this was a puzzle - one to be solved.

So it'd start with the most direct solution.

Uxie looked over to Mesprit, placing a hand on its sibling's shoulder as it asked a simple question: what was the code?

Hideo rested his head on his hand, propped up on his work desk. "Honestly? After enough of'em, I just started getting used to near-death experiences like that. And we got people and Pokemon that're helping support us, so that helps things settle."

Felt like every other month had some live-threatening disaster looming over Hoenn.

As for their plans?

"...to be honest, I was just trying to find Azelf. And now that we got'em…I guess we get Azelf healed up so it can be more active. Guess we also find a way to fix up their gems too? No idea how long that'll take, though."

Though it seemed Eris had an idea.

One that would take Hideo a few seconds to process, the hand he used to prop up his head dropping down.

"I…didn't know you had a brother. Or that he had Suicune. But that could help out a lot; the Lake Trio would probably take well to healing water. And I got plenty of safe spaces for Azelf to heal up around Littleroot…or wherever Uxie and Mesprit take them."

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 15:26:37 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
It's a relief for Cass to see that Hideo and Eris could be trusted - something she's already seen during the brief, but intense moments at the jailbreak. And then, part of her is caught up in how unfair everything is. How things shouldn't be like this - but she has enough time to get caught up in her own head later, when there might be one thing less to do. If there ever is.

So she simply smiles at Hideo's reply, a faint, unconvincing one but sincere in a way, too. "That's ... good. Good you're not alone." She tightens her grip a bit on Jon who's started to bit by bit eat a discarded pizza carton. He puts his arm on hers, squeezing to tell her to loosen up. She exhales, knowing that he's still around. (As well as Martin. And everyone. She tries not to play favourites, but she's really bad at it.)

She listens to Eris' and Hideo's words about plans, and their non-existence, really, which does make her smile a bit somehow. The lack of a grand next thing to do seems oddly soothing when exams are looming over her head despite everything. ... but huh. It seemed like that info also just got dropped on Hideo, at least, so Cass can take a moment to huh it out in her head. "Yeah, I think that could be really helpful - I think Azelf doesn't want to stick around recovering for so long again ... but now we're here, too, so that's good," she guesses and nods, before chuckling quietly. "You just gotta be careful that Uxie and Mesprit don't take it to a pizzeria ..."

Glancing back to the pizza box situation, it seems like there's no pizza to be discovered yet.

"If it's no trouble, I think around the Littleroot Gym would be a good place to recover ... any chance we can give them a lake, or something?" she wonders.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 9:33:55 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Don't worry if you don't get used to Hoenn's crazy. Or this whole pixie thing." Glancing over Cass' tense posture, Eris hums. "I assure you, it's not normal. None of it is. I was full-on quaking in my boots trying to pull Pecharunt. Sometimes, I even wonder how crazy it is that Mes chose me. It's been a year and a half and I still don't know why they refuse to leave me."[break][break]

Just like how it's been a good two minutes and Mesprit is still giving Uxie that smug grin instead of answers. Instead, they simply look at their wrist as if checking a non-existent watch. The lock is still there, the Schrodinger's pizza remains elusive.[break][break]

On the other hand, Hideo and Cass seem open to the idea. Each with different reactions to her suggestion.[break][break]

"Adoptive brother." She corrects, palm pressed against the edge of the table as she leans her weight into it. "You think the League would let me live alone?"[break][break]

Not since she'd last ran. Not since she'd last been attacked.[break][break]

"A lake sounds nice. Like Lake Valor, Verity and Acuity... but like, Lake Littleroot." There's probably better names for this. "I could always ask. Worst Isaac can tell me is no."[break][break]

And almost never told her no.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,668 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 0:39:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Two minutes of interrogation, and Uxie realized Mesprit wasn't going to tell it anything. And with no apparent hints, Uxie would have to do the next-best thing.

It was going to try every number it could for the lock. One at a time, using its psychic powers to change the code as it kept tapping away with its hand, waiting for that *click* that told it it got the right answer.

"Uxie knows well enough to not show up in public," Hideo said, "at least not without some kind of illusion covering up what it looks like." Mesprit, he was less confident about, but Eris didn't tell him about any problems there.

Yet. "Uxie just orders delivery anyway."

He had to regularly check that Uxie wasn't running his card over balance.

Hideo nodded along as Eris corrected him. "Adopted brother. And yeah, didn't expect League to make you live by yourself." Fortunately, not an issue for himself, since he technically was living with , but he was also under a lot less scrutiny.

"A Lake could work pretty well! Pretty sure we could dig up somewhere, or make a Hidden Power area in secret. Can't be too public, 'cause we don't want people just stumbling on it. And a lake popping out of nowhere's gonna attract some attention." Last thing they needed was Rocket bumbling in and trying to take the Lake Trio away.

"And anyone that tries to sneak into their hidden place…well, I got eyes in a lotta places in Littleroot." Ever since that assassination attempt on him, his Pokemon were a lot more attentive. "If Uxie and Mesprit don't just chain-em up first."

Hideo paused for a moment, his mind wandering back to that moment with the Pecharunt.

"...you guys feel any different since that whole chain thing? Like, uh, any weird powers or stuff? 'Cause I haven't really felt anything after they let us shoot chains out that one time."

Not that he knew what being an Avatar was supposed to feel like, but he didn't feel any different than he did prior to getting put on that weird ship.

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 11:22:18 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass smiles faintly at Eris' reassurance - an odd dissonance within herself that she tries to ignore. The world in which she lives is idealistic - sheltered. The world outside ... is anything but. However, there's an actual chuckle as Eris talks about how she doesn't know why Mesprit refuses to leave her. "Maybe they really just want to be your friend." Reminds her of how she's insisted that her Toedscruel Umlaut join her for sure - and well, now. A feeling of mutual exasperation that is connecting the two of them, truly, where the question why actually is both asked and answered at the same time.

She nods at Hideo's remark about Uxie being able to disguise themself with an illusion - honestly, she should be less surprised about that fact than she is. "Oh, true- and yeah, I get that. Delivery's gotten really convenient," she muses, thinking back on the past days where she'd also order whatever her mother would allow, stocking up on fatty food until she remembered how very endangered by acne she still is.

Cass ponders the brief interaction between Hideo and Eris for a moment, wondering just what has happened, but she doesn't feel like this is her place to ask right now. "I like Lake Littleroot," Cass smiles, relaxing a bit now that her mind's got something to ponder that she could actually influence.

"Mh-hm," she nods in agreement, leaning back slightly as she looks at the ceiling and thus at the bugs on it. "Do you maybe have a small room or something around your gym? Just have something small to start with where Azelf can recover properly ..." She tilts her head to look at the blue pixie, trying her best not to be distracted by the ongoing pizza mystery between Mesprit and Uxie. Azelf's sleeping now, which is a relief. She likes to think it feels safe here - and it would be.

However, Hideo's words about feeling any different makes her frown, and she straightens her posture again. "No, don't think so. Hard to say what normal is, but I don't ... feel anything like that before," Cass replies thoughtfully. (Admittedly, she might have been a bit too mad to focus much on other feelings.) She flexes her hands, opening and closing them without looking at them - the purple stains are still upsetting. "... we're not actually like, avatars, right?" She's heard of that, and - what.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Pizza Pals
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 9:18:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Well, I'll be super glad if they just want to be my friend." Nodding along with the idea, she soon finds her mind filled with thoughts completely unrelated to the situation. "It'd be pretty amazing if that's the reason they said 'nah' to the League."[break][break]

Click. Click. Click.[break][break]

Contrary to Uxie's expectations, the lock is loud and clicks indiscriminately. No matter the combination, no matter how carefully it turns it, all there is a 'click, click, click'.[break][break]

"Wherever it is, we probably want some sunlight in there." She kicks the air, eyes still honed in on Cass. The last she'd heard of the avatar topic from Hideo, he didn't have any worries in particular that stood out to her. But Cass, on the other hand, seems hesitant.[break][break]

More likely because she's attempting to wrap her head around the situation but still, it's better not to assume.[break][break]

"I don't think I feel any different." A little tired as of late, probably because she still needs time to recover. "Oh... but maybe I do feel a little funky when I use my sygna suit."[break][break]

Then again, sygna suits by themselves are funky really. For all she knows, she could just be imagining it.[break][break]

"I don't think so? But avatar or not, I ain't joining AQUA. I hear it's a clown fest." Scrunching her nose, she stops and votes to focus on the largest Donphan in the room. Amidst the other Donphans of the three pixies of legend, the possibility of powers beyond their reckoning and that Schrodinger's pizza, her eyes fall to the purple tinted hands.[break][break]

"Does that poison still affect you?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP