part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 6:45:39 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra hates this place.

It is beautiful and gorgeous and perhaps in the dead of winter when it might be a tiny bit more tolerable she will return but for now?

She hates this place.

It is hot and the sun is never ending and she feels her existence of night too strongly here. She comes as late as she can get away with because hell will burn to ash before she is here at the heat of the day. Her very core misses the chill of ice in her room from Eirylys' excitement but it does her no good here. The sun is overbearing and makes her roast in her pants and heels and long sleeved shirt. Hands gloved and parasol sitting on her shoulder.

It is only in the moment she takes to marvel at the scenery, the hot springs and the view that she forgets how miserable the place makes her for the moment. Perhaps that is why the people of this forsaken town take up residence here. She imagines it must be, there's not other reason to enjoy living in this haze of heat.

Even as she approaches the battle field she has been directed to, Isra does not recognize how dramatic she is being when she greets a face she has seen before. "How in the world do you survive this?"

She hates this place.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2019 14:33:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

asdf

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

Even though the sun has fallen and the blistering heat has receded, Lavaridge is still humid and hot. The air is thick and the damp from the hot springs comes out at full force, making everyone just a little bit uncomfortable and sweaty.[break][break]

At first, Stormy is surprised that a gym challenge had been requested at night. To her, it sort of defeated the purpose of battling in the sun and enduring the intense heat of the sky. However, it all comes together when she sees who, exactly, is challenging her.[break][break]

The familiar sight of a parasol and gloved hands, as well as the beautiful green hair of Isra Nightingale spreads a wide and friendly smile across Stormy's face. The woman's first question does throw her back a bit, causing her grin to falter and her to nervously chuckle.[break][break]

"This is nothing, but I guess you really don't like the heat or the sun. It's way hotter in the daytime. I honestly just.. prefer it hot. The warmth fills me with energy and light and I don't feel burdened or held back by anything. It's a comfort to me."

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 2:53:11 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"You're crazy." it was a surprisingly candid comment from the woman. Something that generally she wouldn't have said aloud because it would be unseemly to say. The heat makes her impatient and uninterested in putting on airs. The air gets heavy after awhile when you do after all. Much like it is now even with it being late.

Isra takes a breath to recompose herself. "Thank you though, for seeing me so late. I appreciate the adjustment. I know it's inconvenient for most." much more polite but there's a hint of that candid tone in it.

"It's been awhile, seems fitting I see you again when formally challenging your gym." by now she's all together again under the parasol, standing stick straight and proper with a grin on her face as she faces the young woman in front of her.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 3:03:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

Stormy guffaws. The heat from Isra's tone and the brutal honesty was surprising and amusing. After a few moments, Stormy catches her breath and leans back, shaking her head.[break][break]

"Not the first time I've been called that, and it won't be the last I'm sure. I'd be just as uncomfortable as you are now if I were in the cold that you like so much."[break][break]

Stormy shrugs indifferently and dismissively at Isra's next comment. There's a bright smile on her face though, indicating that Isra's appreciation had been noted, but simply wasn't needed.[break][break]

"Oh, totally! I don't mind at all. Not everyone can take the heat, which is understandable. No sense killing yourself over a shiny badge."[break][break]

She winks and straightens her back, preparing for the oncoming formalities of battle.[break][break]

"Okay, so. My rules are pretty straight-forward and to the point - just the way I like it. It'll be a two on two double battle. I'm looking for passion and teamwork, but really - just show me what you've got."[break][break]

In her left hand are two pokeballs being rolled around in the palm of her hand. She tosses them in the air and two horses stand at either side of her. Apollo on her left and Mudsdale on her right. Both horses snort and stamp their feet in anticipation.[break][break]

"Ready whenever you are!"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2019 4:01:00 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I can't take it." it's almost like a challenge. Because to Isra it is, she despise the heat but she'd walk on hot coals if that's what it took to get where she wanted to go. She'd just rather walk down a mountainside in a blizzard first.

Her grin says she takes the comment playfully though, perhaps because of their past encounters. Under most circumstances it would be much more like her to take offense. Nonetheless she dusts off her front as if to cleanse herself of the trouble. As much as the heat bothers her the facade must always go on after all.

Isra watches the pokemon emerge and her eyes flit between them assessing the challenge. Contemplating her own pokemon but the answer is easy. No matter which pairs she thinks over her mind returns to the same two again and again.

She whistles and the ghosts emerge. Banette and Froslass. If the ice type is bothered by the heat she doesn't let it show, humming to herself as she pulls her friend into a dance around their trainer. "I think I can work with that."

A snap of her fingers and a whistle sharp then low signifies the beginning of battle. Her pokemon breaking in a flourish as her Banette disappears into nothing at all and her froslass cheers and twirls. Suddenly despite the springs the temperature begins to fall and a stubborn hail falls on the springs. It tempers the field into a summer storm, buffeting the field. Amidst the falling ice is a shimmer of light as her ice type's aurora veil coats their side of the field. The ghostly chuckle is familiar to Isra, the ice type is no stranger to fighting in the heat either.

Froslass & Banette have come out to play
Banette used [phantom force] and slipped into another realm!
Froslass used [hail]!
Froslass uses [Aurora veil]!

[Hail] in effect! [1/5]
[Hail] activates Froslass' [Storm cloak]! ++ to evasion!
[Aurora veil] is in effect! [1/5]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2019 0:09:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Stormy shrugs, but ultimately agrees with her statement. She happens to be the same, but regarding winter-time and the cold. She hated being cold and having to bundle up and wear fifteen layers of clothing - but that didn't mean she wasn't capable of handling it.[break][break]

The gym leader catches the woman's grin, thankful that her earlier comments hadn't come across as aggressively as they'd sounded. Stormy had always been a hothead, and could still come across intense even when doing her best to appear friendly.[break][break]

Apollo stamps a hoof into the ground, digging a small rut beneath his left front leg. He is clearly anxious to battle and prove himself, if that much wasn't obvious by his impatience.[break][break]

Mudsdale, on the other hand, doesn't appear all that concerned about when the battle begins, although he appears to shy a little bit at the sudden hail that Isra calls for. For a moment the ground-type Pokemon locks eyes with the green-haired woman's Froslass, but just as quickly as she appeared she seemed to disappear in between the hail storm. It was almost glassy or reflective.[break][break]

Stormy narrows her eyes at this, pursing her lips and now secretly despising the fact that Isra was an ice-type specialist, or preferred the type, anyhow.[break][break]

It seemed still that even though Froslass was at a type disadvantage to Apollo, Isra didn't seem at all phased, which, honestly, Stormy was thrilled to see. [break][break]

The Banette is almost completely missed, having disappeared immediately upon the battle beginning. With Apollo's opponent missing for the time being, he turns his attention to Mudsdale and then to the shimmery, hard-to-see image of the Froslass.[break][break]

"Be cautious, you two. Isra knows what she's doing. Don't be cocky because you have the upper hand - you almost certainly don't."[break][break]

She winks at Isra, but Apollo seems to disregard Stormy's chastising and breaks into a sprint, supposedly chasing directly towards the Froslass with agility. Mudsdale follows but at a distance, waiting for the Froslass to hopefully sidestep out of the way of Apollo's stampede and allow him a chance to focus his attack on something he can actually see.[break][break]

The moment she moves, he'll attempt to kick up a mud-slap to hopefully cake her with visible mud, and perhaps hinder her ability to see or aim. Should that work, Apollo stands at the ready to jab at her with a poison jab[break][break]

APOLLO used agility and poison jab on Froslass[break]
MUDSDALE used mud slap on Froslass
[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:14:34 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

They move in too fast Isra thinks. Not in a ways he finds concerning no- more like her pokemon are too quick to make a move and that will be their undoing. Dark eyes watch the field as they move, the horse's speed is expected. A series of whistles sound through the storm and the pokemonmove with each other with clear intent.

Apollo will find that running ahead makes him vulnerable. The second of the ghosts emerging from the midplane with his fist wound and ready. The phantom force powered sucker punch seeks to connect with his side, hoping to disrupt the horse's course of movement and force him into the path of his partner. Even should it not the invitation to pay attention to him will be made apparent as he taunts the horses shimmy of his doll body.

Dark eyes aren't watching the field any more, she trusts her pokemon completely. Instead Isra fixates on Stormy with an almost unsettling intensity. They are steady and surprisingly cold, watching her every move.

The froslass moves, her double team leaving shimmering echos of herself as she circles around the side of the horse pokemon The banette targets but away from the mudsdale, repositioning herself near her partner. Should the mudsdale still attempt an attack on the moving froslass he will find her thoroughly unbothered by any mud that clips her ever moving body. The aurora veil absorbing damage and her snow cloak preventing a hit dead on from being possible. She is far too focused on playing her part to care.

It's cold again, the Froslass chills the air above them and the snow begins to fall in droves from the sky. The Avalanche does not target the horses so much as the space between them, and despite the heat of the springs there is no stopping the piling of snow, it grows and grows as the avalanche rolls from Froslass' ability to chill even the hottest of temperatures, filling the springs with an abnormal winter.

Banette used [phantom force], focusing the ghostly energy into a sucker punch on Apollo's side!
Froslass used [double team]!
Froslass uses [Avalanche] to make a snow pile [between] the horses!

[Hail] in effect! [2/5]
[Hail] activates Froslass' [Storm cloak]! Snow cloak modifier in effect!
Frosslass used double team! + to evasion!
[Aurora veil] is in effect! [2/5]
Banette Takes minor damage from [Hail], [Aurora veil] absorbs part of it!

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 1:24:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Apollo moves with precision, with determination, with confidence. But he's overzealous and it costs him.[break][break]

The Banette disappears and reappears in front of him, startling him and throwing him off of his gait. Not only that, but he's punched in the rear, his legs fall out from under him as he hits a patch of ice and snow courtesy of the

hail

.[break][break]

His diamond hooves lose traction and his body gives up on him. Whatever grace he once had was lost thanks to the Banette's

sucker punch

. Pain lances up his shoulder as he wrenches it hitting the ground, and he slides directly into Mudsdale, clearing the fellow horse from his own hooves.[break][break]

The two horses whinny and cry in frustration and pain as they collect themselves and detangle. When they rise, they'll soon realise their strategy to rush their opponents isn't working. There's.. wait a moment. There's too many of them. Both horses look wildly at the Froslass as the Pokemon duplicates itself across the battlefield. It's hazy, hazier now that the hail adds a dramatic effect.[break][break]

Mudsdale's skin twitches uncomfortably at how cold it's becoming, and his breath feels more labored and tired, as if he's fighting the cold that tickles his lungs.[break][break]

Humiliated that he had been so easily bested, Apollo blows hot steam from his nostrils and stomps his foot into the ground as Froslass summons an

avalanche

in between them and the opponents. He's so angry, in fact, that there's so much snow everywhere, and how lethargic his partner has become, that he conjures a

fire blast

from the tip of his horn.[break][break]

It melts the buildup of snow in front of him and he charges through it, careful this time to watch for ice.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Mudsdale follows after Apollo's path,

bulldozing

his way through the remaining snow and hail, aiming for the one different Pokemon in the mirage of several: Banette.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 22:22:48 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

His fire melts her ice but Eirlys does nothing less than chuckle. Her echoes of herself seem to chuckle along with her and there's something disconcerting in the childlike sound. The bursting flames reach out to melt the hail as it falls before they dissipate and the horses seek to rush her dear friend instead. It is to be expected, wanted even.

The first horse is of little concern, they were only buying time and the Banette's shadow has already begun to stretch and grow on the field bellow him. Waiting for the pokemon to emerge from the snow pile and he is ready when the second horse veers in his direction. It's fast and the act of seeking the midplane would ruin his plan, `The horse will find his retaliation to the attach coming from bellow. His doll body is pushed back by the collision a fair bit but the blow comes with less effect than it could have, the Aurora veil successfully cushioning the blow and with the mudsdale in range his shadow sneaks up from the ground. The darkness coils around the horses hooves to bring it to a stop, lashing at its legs to ground it in place.

Should he stall the horse well enough Erilys will come into focus behind the mudsdale, bringing a chill with her presence. As she moves in the Frosty breath she expels looks to chill the horse to its core.

Banette took damage from [Bulldoze]: It was partially absorbed by [Aurora veil]!
Banette uses [shadow sneak] to try and stall Mudsdale!
Froslass uses [frost breath] on Mudsdale!

[Hail] in effect! [3/5]
Frosslass stats: + to evasion!
[Aurora veil] is in effect! [3/5]
Banette Takes minor damage from [Hail], [Aurora veil] absorbs part of it!

3utwLHmy
1-30 = Cursed body activates
31+ Cursed body does not

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 14:48:31 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

It's the laughter that gets to him. The laughter and the eerieness and the spook. Apollo has never faced such a facetious opponent, someone that he can't immediately see and dominate. He's a confident beast, a stallion. He is unopposed - until now.[break][break]

Mudsdale, on the other hand, is newer to the battlefield. Less confident, but also less eager to jump headfirst into the first opportunity. But his hesitation also holds him back. The

bulldoze

reaches his target and he feels his body make contact. Something cold grips his chest for a moment but it doesn't linger.[break][break]

And then something unbelievably scary stretches underneath his own shadow. It elongates and intensifies and leaves Mudsdale uneasy. The

hail

has begun to build up on his shoulders and hocks, making his feet heavier, colder. While it doesn't seem to bother Apollo whatsoever, melting before it can even touch him, it's heavy on Mudsdale.[break][break]

With a shriek of panic, Mudsdale gets hit by the Banette's

shadow sneak

. Suddenly he can't move or escape, and he's forced to stay put and be assaulted.[break][break]

Apollo turns to protect him, running to intercept before the Froslass could freeze the whiskers on the end of his nose. [break][break]

He's too late, as Mudsdale has already crumbled, his knees unable to hold his weight given how cold, so cold, he was.[break][break]

"Don't give up, boys."[break][break]

Apollo leans over his weakened partner, his flames warm as he hopes to spread his heat to his counterpart. The fire-type nudges the side of his face, encouraging the other stallion back to his feet. They can't give up, Stormy told them not to.[break][break]

Mudsdale gets to his feet slowly, eager for the warmth his partner offers. His efforts are so dramatic, in fact, that he

stomps

the ground hard. It breaks the ice beneath her and makes the ground shake. Meanwhile, Apollo does the only thing he can think of. Mudsdale needs warmth.[break][break]

So he conjures a

fire spin

from his horn to engulf and surround the Mudsdale. Maybe that will keep the ice witch and ghost doll from harming him any further.[break][break]

Mudsdale winces a bit at the sudden temperature change and the fire that glances and scalds his skin. But it's working. He's warming up.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 2:23:22 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

The Earth quakes beneath them and the Banette stumbles and falls in a dramatic and over played fashion, but before he can ever touch the ground his disappears into nothing, fading into the midplane as a sort of self defense. The ice queen can find no such solace and her body seeks to move away from the tremors instead, the double team serves that purpose but slipping between the cracks is only so effective, obvious in the bobbing in and out of focus echoes of herself.

It does not last long, the Aurora veil keeping the pokemon from growing too unsteady as the froslass shifts around the field, circling the horses again. The chill in the atmosphere begins to increase again, the temperature going lower and lower as she seeks to snuff out flame with pouring snow. The pokemon will not walk through fire but she wonders how long such a thing will hold up against a raging blizzard, one that does not need to go through flame only settle into the air around them, persisting despite the warmth of the spring.

She will not allow them the chance to find purchase in her storm, here she reigns supreme.

There is a chuckle in the distance, the Banette is waiting.

>>Banette uses phantom force and escapes to the midplane!
>>Froslass uses Double team!
>>Froslass summons a blizzard!

[Hail] in effect! [4/5]
Frosslass stats: +++ to evasion!
[Aurora veil] is in effect! [4/5]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 2:39:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Banette falls, but it's forced. The way he disappears into the cracks in the ground are cause for alarm, and it makes the Mudsdale rear up in fright. This is becoming too much. This has become a game of trickery and mindgames. Something neither of these horses, nor Stormy for that matter, was prepared for.[break][break]

Froslass disappears from sight almost entirely, her double-team making it impossible to locate her in the hail that falls. The aurora veil continues to hold strong, preventing Stormy's team from doing any real damage. They're basically waiting out a storm that won't end. The heat of the hotsprings nearby isn't enough to combat this unnatural blizzard.[break][break]

Apollo's

fire spin

weakens and dies, leaving Mudsdale prone to the elements once again. The pair of them are pelted relentlessly with wind and ice. The pair huddle together for warmth, struggling to push their limits and fight.[break][break]

Mudsdale's

stamina

has been the only thing to keep him going. His defense has raised considerably over the duration of the battle, but his mental capacity is still rapidly deteriorating.[break][break]

It's safer to stay put than to exert energy lashing out, so Mudsdale sits tight to throw

mud-slaps

from the dampness in his mane, literally whipping his head back and forth to spray anything surrounding him. Perhaps it will find purchase on something physical and give them something to target.[break][break]

Should that have worked, Apollo will take careful aim and use a weakened

fire blast

on whatever Mudsdale hits.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 2:57:47 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra begins to wonder what it is that seems to be making this so hard for Stormy's horses, more a curiosity than anything. Something to assess and dissect for her own understanding of the battle. While others may take a battle such as this at face value Isra is a believer in the variables, in the small something that are easily overlooked but easily picked at and pulled apart.

After all, we are all nothing but string wound together and all it takes it one hanging loosely to ruin the tapestry.

The horse reels back and the slinging mud off his mane scatters around the field haphazardly, there is no rhyme or rhythm to the matter and the Froslass seeks to avoid for as long as she can, slipping between clumps of mud and buying time, more and more and more.

She's struck true, coating her front in a disgusting mud and she calls upon the chill in her core, the frost breath she breaths out looking to cool the coming flames. Even in the storm of her own design they can only do so much, the fire persists before her and licks at her front of caked mud. The veil cushions her veil and the pokemon holds it together, wincing at the fire and flames because she will not let herself scream. She will not allow them that.

The banette emerges behind them with a flourish and a chuckle, his reappearance accentuated by the forming Shadow ball in his twirl directed squarely at the horses. Her releases his build up of energy, though not as drawn out and potent as before it serves its purpose. The forceful wave of unconcentrated phantom energy radiated out from his body and colliding with horse and shadow ball alike, hoping to cause an explosion of shadowy energy upon the horse when the two collide and fight for the space they occupy.

Because in many ways, this is indeed a battle of tricks and mindgames, ones the ghosts are far too used to playing.

>>Froslass uses Frost breath on the flames!
>>Froslass takes notable damage from the fire blast!
>>Banette uses Phantom force to break up and shadow ball behind the horses!

[Hail] in effect! [5/5] dissipates next turn!
Frosslass stats: +++ to evasion!
[Aurora veil] is in effect! [5/5] dissipates next turn!
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 3:18:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy's never properly battled against ghosts, so this entire battle is a terrifying game of wits that she wasn't prepared for. Isra's unnatural approach to battling is uncomfortable and unexpected. But it's impressive.[break][break]

Apollo's

fire blast

hits its target thanks to Mudsdale's mud-slap. Both horses stand side by side, haunches brushing each other as they take their time to survey their surroundings. The hail continues to beat at their ears and face. It threatens to freeze them in place but Apollo's hooves manage to stay warm enough to keep him moving. Mudsdale sometimes sticks, his weakness to the ice and snow evident in the way he struggles.[break][break]

And yet they both stay standing - anticipating the ghosts next move. It seems that waiting for them to come closer has worked better. The moment the pair of stallions separate, they're doomed, it seems.[break][break]

Frolass attempts to put out the flames that burn her sensitive skin, and her hesitation helps Apollo spot her, if only for a moment.[break][break]

From her last known position, the unicorn lets loose another

fire spin

to hopefully engulf the ice witch. The blizzard and hail makes the flames weak and easy to tear apart, however.[break][break]

Mudsdale

stomps

, using his brute strength and weight to break the ice building at his hocks.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Overheat [gym battle]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 3:41:09 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She retreats, seeking the far sides of the field away from the horse, she won't stand still won't let them hit her again, she won't let herself be in the range of the blasted horse's fire until she's sure its safe. Now the pokemon settles into the evasive boosting of her double teams, determined to avoid confrontation until she recycles the field. She has to, she can feel the temperature increasing as the hail begins to thin and her Banette moves to the forefront of the field, ensuring the other pokemon will keep their eyes on him by putting himself in their line of sight.

His shadow stretches and pulls at itself, billowing and rowing long tendril hands in what is left of the falling hail as the Froslass summons the strength of her chilled core and brings it tot he field again. She calls down a raging hailstorm, a final pull at the temperature of the springs. She won't stay still, moving behind the growing shadow of the other ghost type to avoid interference with her storm.

The ghostly hands are menacing, reaching out in front of the banette with a looming and creeping aura of shadow, they do not seek to strike the horse dead on, no, they lurk at the edges of their protective circle, the ghost steadying himself with them with every stomp of the mud horses hooves. It jars him but he won't quite falter, this is his real job after all. His purpose as Eirlys' partner is to protect her when she needs it most.

Should the pokemon dare to leave the circle they have defined for themselves with fire, reinforced by the banette's shadow, they will find the looming tendrils strikes at their ankles and hooves, trying to knock them out from under them.

>>Froslass uses double team!
>>Froslass uses hail to refresh the storm!
>>Banette uses Shadow sneak to hide Eirlys and prepares to attack should the horses make a move!

[Hail] in effect! [1/5]
Frosslass stats: ++++ to evasion!