3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 17:16:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

'if i may ask, what do you think of avatars?'*

she asks her to that same spot, to this very same swingset, in the hopes that sentiments have still remained the same. the winds are not with her here. an umbrella rests under her swing. every once in a while, a raindrop hits her cheek, but the sky is a light gray, threatening rain but not quite committing. 

somewhere far, far away, thunder booms. the beckoning bell, a call still unanswered.

she looks up and smiles wanly. 

"thank you for meeting me here."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 4:57:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb leaguechar"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
a greater woman stays cool,[break]
but i howl like a wolf at the moon

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

against the familiar, tender backdrop of a quiet forest and an untouched children's playground, they meet again with strings of red guiding them back into the same places.

[break][break]

idly, she believes she still feels her old warmth from the last time... nestled gently against spatial particles as if waiting for the inevitable return.

[break][break]

and while the sky doesn't quite break, she still allows a hand to rise in front of her, to reach for raindrops that fall few and far between.

[break][break]

it falls when freya looks up, when they lock eyes, and smiles mirror sentiments shared across fated encounters.

[break][break]

"thank you for inviting me."

[break][break]

she takes the vacant swing beside freya like a ghost.

[break][break]

"have you been well?"

[break][break]

the since... echoes faintly, but she doesn't quite tug at the prying strings for she doesn't wish to unravel the air around them. not now, not yet.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"]--accent: #E37474!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #E37474; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 20:34:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya remembers the battlefields, blurry as they are, but pockmarked by adrenaline-made snapshots. emotions like high-strung relief, a terrible foreboding, upon seeing illeana become the alchemist on those sprawling icelands.

and again, while freya was still half-delirious, poison thrumming through her veins, bearing witness to the woman who could defy space itself. 

these memories are juxtaposed by the one their ghosts both share, and is sad that the war is so much closer, even as the chains creak and the playground sand sifts under their heels. the woman next to her forever painted in shades of pink and red.

"no," she says, "i haven't."

clouds drift overhead, blotting out the light.

"but the world keeps turning and i wanted to ask you - do you remember our last conversation here?"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2024 2:55:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

she understands, in a way, the concept freya presents. the times they find themselves in exist as a discomfort, as a foreboding sense of dread unable to be freed from the cage of their bodies.

[break][break]

and while she gives a lack of wellness a wide berth, her eyes still soften into something akin to empathy.

[break][break]

"if you wish to talk about it, i would listen."

[break][break]

yet, true to her spoken word, the world keeps turning and so too does conversation. it morphs and shifts into a more tangible form of their former ghosts. the conversation of the past looms at their backs, keeping a gentle yet watchful eye on the present.

[break][break]

"yes. we spoke of avatars."

[break][break]

her project, as well, but that had merely been a vessel for thinly veiled concerns to make themselves known. the lack of knowledge, of awareness... it could stifle them, sending them into an early grave. her head turns slightly, certain in its path toward seeking confirmation.

[break][break]

"do you still believe we lack understanding?"

[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #E37474; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 1:05:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"we have too much to do to dwell on our grievances," she says and uses her toes to guide her swing back. it's less momentum and more the turning of her heel that moves her forward and back, but the chains groan all the same. 

"i do." through her lashes, she looks up at the sky, as though waiting for it to darken. another drop of rain splashes on her nose, making it crinkle, as though teasing her. 

she does not take her eyes off the sky when she says, unmoved, as though discussing the weather, "rayquaza has abandoned eva and made me their new avatar in her stead."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 3:30:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"we do, but they will eat us alive regardless."

[break][break]

unless spoken into the air, aimed toward feeble acceptance... only then, perhaps, will they survive their own demons to face the ones ahead.

[break][break]

and while she hadn't expected a change in perspective to happen without change in the world around them, she still finds the concept almost... saddening.

[break][break]

her mouth opens to speak, then, yet nothing comes out but the soft whistling of the wind around them.

[break][break]

she feels - suddenly, like the surge of the tides beneath a full moon - the rush of surprise first, then bitterness and sadness all coiled up into one tidal wave.

[break][break]

"abandoned her, you say?"

[break][break]

anger rises for a moment, tumultuous in the way riptides rear their ugly heads, and it dies down shortly after for she remembers the damage left behind by the prison, the toll it extracted...

[break][break]

"how do you feel now? have you processed it yet?"

[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 5:19:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

maybe they might have had rayquaza not intervened. she can still feel them now - all the cracks, the imperfections, like a worn sweater patched one too many times. but there is so much room inside of her now. no longer is she suffocating. 

she's no fool. she knows it's the deity's doing, but so too was it their doing when she found eva limp in her arms, lips blue, and all the pain in the world in her eyes. 

this world and these deities, they break us. over and over and over again, they break us.

"left her, yes," she says, and the humidity thickens. a patter of rain wets the earth. "but not abandoned," she amends, "because i won't leave her." that is why they chose her - eva will heal and when she can withstand the blessing, their peacemaker will return.

her lips thin. "a storm has followed me since then. but like i said, too much to do." a shift in concern, a nudging deflection. "you brought a lot of people back. that couldn't have been easy."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 20:14:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

she feels, slowly, the blowing breeze begin to smooth over the angry wrinkles in her. they are shushed and lulled back into slumber, eased into a false semblance of calmness.

[break][break]

"you may be one of the only ones."

[break][break]

their friend has been subjected to more than she deserves. the world has been cruel, unforgiving, crushing. her expression softens at the thought.

[break][break]

"i wish to help you both through this however i can, you know. it's - well, nothing about it is easy."

[break][break]

the dizzying power, the surge of noise and sensations swirling like a hurricane in the mind... anchors are needed, but they feel so hard to come by even now.

[break][break]

a shift brings recent events to the spotlight and despite herself, she tenses slightly. her swing continues to idly sway, albeit a little more frantically.

[break][break]

"we were attacked because of our efforts."

[break][break]

her expression becomes stormy, unruly.

[break][break]

"good intentions did not stop people from throwing stones and palkia has, thankfully, healed in the days since," she breaks of, a soft sigh escaping in the process. "but is it wrong to feel anger for it all?"

[break][break]

is she lesser for it? no longer good but something entirely different?

[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 2:39:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"and you can, i think," she says, rubbing at the knotting in her chest. her fingers move in slow, rhythmic circles, matching the curling of her toes, the gentle sway of her swing. 

"because i want you to keep working on what you we talked about before. checks and balances to these powers." she looks down at her hand, drops it to her lap. where illeana fractures, she drifts. she had been bursting at the seams, too much of a soul to fit in her one body, but they blessed her with the expanse. 

endless millennia, a lonely sky. 

a small laugh, a harder push on her swing. "you've every right to feel wrathful. exasperated. but where does that anger get us?" running to the wrong man, lapping power from palms. self-immolation masquerading as salvation. 

"and not acting on that rage separates us from our lessors." she side-eyes her. "and have you recovered?"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 3:05:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

the subtle inclination of her head follows.

[break][break]

checks and balances... she wonders, briefly, if they'll succeed before it's too late, before the universe unravels into an untimely end.

[break][break]

"i'll do what i can."

[break][break]

the question itself is rhetorical, plucking gently at the mind.

[break][break]

do better. be better...

[break][break]

archaic hymns exist somewhere beyond. they beckon in strange tongues, choking on stardust as they come whispering in through spreading fissures. she can't drown them out forever.

[break][break]

eventually, they'll break through.

[break][break]

"it's difficult to ignore."

[break][break]

perhaps they already have.

[break][break]

her swing stills. her knuckles grow slightly white, fingers tightening around worn ropes.

[break][break]

"truthfully?"

[break][break]

how honest can she be? how much will knot into a noose around her neck?

[break][break]

"i'd like to say yes, but there's been a lot to recover from."

[break][break]

where would she even start?

[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 4:59:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"i'm going to hold you to that," she says, lips thin. even with the world fracturing around them, even with their own bodies and minds betraying them, they must be better than their predecessors. they cannot end up like , overridden and manipulated, turned against their own. 

her expression softens, though, and upon illie's admission, freya does as they had before. tugs her hand free from the swing and holds it out between the two of them, fingers waiting for the other. 

"we'll get through it. just...promise me if it ever gets to be too much, you lean on people you can trust." she hesitates. "you can come to me."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 2:58:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"i would expect nothing less."

[break][break]

somehow, despite the familiarity of the motion, of the tethers that bind them to these fragile swings... the offered hand is not yet taken. she stares, blinking as the weight of the cosmos presses in further.

[break][break]

"is that enough to stop fate?"

[break][break]

her hand rushes forward, clawing its way into freya's. tension eases slowly with the warmth of human contact. exposure to the craving she tries to shove down results in the gradual peeling back of pearlescent walls of her own design.

[break][break]

"i'll try."

[break][break]

her head tilts upward, eyes drifting above the crown shyness of the surrounding forest to find the sky. hidden behind clouds, she can still sense the stars lightyears away. they feel as distant as she does, cursed with the agony of closeness becoming their undoing.

[break][break]

"are you sure you'd have me, freya?"

[break][break]

titles drop with a low, hesitant tone.

[break][break]

"not as i am, but as i will be?"

[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 20:35:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"call me fortune's fool, but i don't believe in fate." it's another synonym with chains and it's all too often used as the scapegoat for damnable actions. was it fate that drove matias to the brink of his mental instability? was it fate that threatened to break eva?

was it fate that put them here, together, on this swingset? 

she does not flinch as illeana scrapes against her flesh, but her brows furrow in concern. "i was made a monster once too," she says. "and coming back from that is the hardest thing i've ever done.

"but i couldn't have done it without help, so yes, even then, i will take you, but gods, reyes, don't drift too far from us."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 2:06:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

in the end, it's not up for either of them to decide whether fate exists or not, but she still feels the knotting of bloody red strings in her stomach.

[break][break]

and it's ritualistic, perhaps, to believe they can tug her this way or that...

[break][break]

her actions and inactions could be summed up as the whims of gods and plucked out of her increasingly mortal hands. would she feel more pure, then? would it cleanse the scarlet stains from her hands in their name? the bodies she left behind in a seemingly feeble search to call herself empyrean?

[break][break]

"it's commendable to come back."

[break][break]

would she say the same for herself?

[break][break]

could she even recognize the woman left in the aftermath, once monstrosity has been bled from her body? or is it already too late and she's merged with the plague?

[break][break]

it's a plea, whether intended or not, and if she squints, she can see a mixture of faces shifting in and out of focus. the moniker of her last name sears slightly with the right face - eyeless, worn out, worked to the bone - and she hears him in the wind as it whistles by.

[break][break]

"how does anyone know what's too far, though?"

[break][break]

how is she supposed to know until she's falling from the precipice?

[break][break]

"i'm afraid," she pauses, swallowing back the shrieks and the desire to claw their way out of their gilded cage. "that i've already gone too far even before all of this." the aftermath still lurks in shadows. she cannot continue to tuck newly decayed skeletons away forever.

[break]
freyillie.

[attr="class","pbottom"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
dissolution of design
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 0:47:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

warnings slither under her skin, making hairs stand on end. the dragon in her heart recoils in the wake of pink aura, tinged with the otherworldly. she will not pretend to understand the weight of a being of creation, but neither will she entertain seductive thoughts of madness.

not when so many lives depend on the brilliant mind of

"then change, illeana," she says carefully, though frustration and concern show in the knitting of her brows. freya searches for the woman who was last on these swings, who talked about preparations, calculations, counter-measures. 

did that illeana fail the one who sits here now, looking more wolf than woman?

"because you're starting to sound a lot more like our volatile than i'd like."
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times