WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 22:42:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prophet rocketchar"]
[attr="class","amilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
No sooner than he had arrived on the vessel, he'd been placed in chains—cut off from everything.

[break][break]

EVERYONE.

[break][break]

It's enough to drive him up a wall, teeth gnashing and nails bitten. What could they want with him? It didn't bode well...

[break][break]

The layout of the submersible is familiar. Brisk footfalls and the faint pitter-patter of clanking metal infrastructure haunt his movements. Adrian is fixated on something — and others might have noticed it, if they weren't imminently preparing for war. That was what worried him most.

[break][break]

The circumstances of Rowan's conditional surrender, the coinciding with this imminent upheaval—how might they think to use him?

[break][break]

An observer unseen blinks into existence. Gated access is overridden. It is thanks to Martin del Mar, he believes, but he cannot be sure. Perhaps he simply wishes it deeply. It's more than desperation—it's jealous, bitter. Scathing.

[break][break]

None of the cages elsewhere mattered except the one where HE was being kept. Deliberate steps bring him towards the threshold, where steel bars the way. Two hands might've extended forward, but he gives pause. It broached an intimacy he wasn't sure he welcomed anymore. Instead he stared at the creature in its cage quietly, contemplating his choice of words.

[break][break]

To Rowan, it was a daunting silhouette that had stalked up to him, perhaps no more identifiable than that. and for now, it may as well be.

[break][break]

"...Why?"

[break]

If he didn't know, then he wouldn't even bother further; there was nothing left to salvage.

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

[newclass=".rocketchar"] --accent:#7F6779; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .prophet .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .prophet .textbox b { font:500 14px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .prophet .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .prophet .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .prophet .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .prophet .textbox { line-height: 17px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .prophet .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .prophet .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .prophet .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .prophet .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".prophet .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .prophet .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px;margin-top: 10px; align-items: center; } .prophet .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".prophet .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .prophet .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .iconimg"] height: 100px; width: 100px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float: left; margin: 0px 20px 10px 0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .oocnotes a"]font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".prophet .oocnotes b"]font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 23:43:11 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"] Moments passed with only crushing silence, air pressure and metallic groans the only sounds that emminated from the room. A single eye peered out from behind unkept blonde hair, looking upon the man on the other side of the bars with bewilderment and trepidation. "Adrian...?" [break][break]

Rowan allowed himself to exhale with the words, his lungs practically full to bursting. "Are you really here?" He asked, voice desperate, almost pleading for them to answer in the affirmative. He'd had visions of his lover before, at arms length and unreachable, only to disappear before his very eyes.[break][break]

"Please." He violently pushed from the ground, gripping the bars and bringing his face close. "Please don't leave, not again...not again..." The words trailed off, but were still mumbled underneath breath. Fingers clutched the bars tight, knuckles going white, a familiar ring from another time and place pressing deep into his flesh.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry...please don't disappear again..." Cillian's report was that he'd shot Rowan in the head, killing him. The cloth that covered a third of his face, and the way he was acting certainly supported his demise, but he was alive.
[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
I picked the stitches, now I can't stop bleeding
awards
2,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 0:19:58 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
It disturbed him.

[break][break]

What is he rambling on about...?

[break][break]

It was Rowan that had left him—abandoned him to this life. Alone and unwanted, it seemed. Unworthy of their confidence. That's what he was. Chop liver.

[break][break]

...But Rowan seemed like a broken thing. He stared through Adrian and into a nightmare.

[break][break]

Twisting, his gut wrenches with visceral discomfort. The covering over their face is telling. Perhaps Rowan is now just that—damaged goods. Maybe he could leave him here to rot, same as they'd done to him. One might think it their just desserts... Adrian could be that cruel, maybe.

[break][break]

...The glint of a familiar ring catches his eye.

[break][break]

If he'd kept it, it must've meant something. But still, Rowan was not himself; he lacked something. Adrian could not pretend otherwise.

[break][break]

"...Rowan,"

[break]

His face has softened, yet he wears it through pity, though his tone is peaceable. He approaches the bars, but still he remains beyond their reach.[break][break]

"Talk to me. About... everything."

[break][break]

He knew so very little about what had transpired.

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

[newclass=".prophet"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .prophet .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .prophet .textbox b { font:500 14px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .prophet .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .prophet .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .prophet .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .prophet .textbox { line-height: 17px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .prophet .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .prophet .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .prophet .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .prophet .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".prophet .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .prophet .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px;margin-top: 10px; align-items: center; } .prophet .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".prophet .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .prophet .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .iconimg"] height: 100px; width: 100px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float: left; margin: 0px 20px 10px 0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".prophet .oocnotes a"]font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".prophet .oocnotes b"]font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 0:55:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"You're here." A vacant look crossed Rowan's eye for a moment, looking past them until a shallow exhale seemed to animate him once more. Clearing his throat, some clarity had returned, a moment of lucidity amidst the haze of his mind. Rowan's gaze took in their features, allowing reality to replace his memories piece by piece. [break][break]

"Cillian...tracked me to Mt. Pyre, shot me in the..." Rowan's hand drifted from the bars, moving upwards and gesturing to the eye-patch. "...He killed me." A soft tremor came over him, the memories of that cold darkness beginning to seep in.[break][break]

"I woke up in a hospital, Suicune's parting gift." Fingers clenched the bars tighter, shoulders becoming tense. "Used me, then threw me away." Teeth gritted, but soon parted as he refocused his mind, looking mournfully towards Adrian once again.[break][break]

"I was selfish. I chased that Legend so far that I lost my family, my friends, myself and now you. All for nothing." Rowan pressed his forehead into one of the bars, closing his eye and loosening his grip on the metal. "I don't know why I couldn't just be happy with what I had, accept who I was and not chase some ideal because I was afraid." [break][break]

He felt himself slipping again, the haze of a damaged mind moving in like a rolling storm. Features tensed, willing himself to maintain lucid thought. Adrian was owed that much. "I'm sorry, Adrian. You've always been there for me, and I just ran away from you. You don't deserve that."

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 16:16:26 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
Yes, he was here. For the moment being, at least.

[break][break]

"You're right, I didn't." He agreed.

[break][break]

His face hardened over once again, but he did not dwell on it overly—clearly they had long dwelled on it. But for Adrian, most of the news is fresh—finding it out for the first time... it wasn't easy.

[break][break]

To think Cillian acted so casually around him...

[break][break]

He might've known sooner, had he bothered to use the resources available. But what would he do with any of it? Act out and get himself killed, maybe. Definitely. He no longer held the means to hold back the Harbinger, if ever he did.

[break][break]

But still, none of the answers satisfied his curiosity. There was more to Rowan's choices, and Adrian would not relent in his inquest.

[break][break]

Fingers reach through steel to offer comfort, lifting Rowan's delicate chin, allowing Adrian to bring them further under his lull.

[break][break]

"Why come back now?"

[break]

There was no romantic gesture to what Rowan had done—he had surrendered himself back into the clutches of his own volition. Those who had wished death upon him, and committed no less. Even the defunct did not so recklessly confront past dangers. What could have compelled his return; if not love—some other natural force...?[break][break]

"You didn't do it for me... so why?"

[break][break]

It left him vulnerable, realizing that. And yet—

[break][break]

He would know his reasons, this extended tale...

[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 0:52:50 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"For me." He swallowed, hard.[break][break]

Rowan's gaze snapped away from Adrian, guilt threatening to smother him under it's pressure like 's miasma. "I was broken, fractured. I knew I had to come back somewhere familiar, somewhere I belonged. A place where I could ground myself, before I slipped away entirely."[break][break]

A finger traces over a gouge in the metal bar, still struggling to meet Adrian's gaze.[break][break]

"Cillian, Saoirse, you, Tempest, Oscar, Jayden." Rowan's hand trembled slightly as he mentioned 's name, knowing the pain he'd likely caused them as well. "I had to come back to the people who know me, care about me. Or at least did..."[break][break]

It wasn't a satisfying answer, Rowan knew that. He didn't want to lie to Adrian, however. They deserved the truth, after everything that he'd put them through.[break][break]

"I really do love you, Adrian, with all my heart." He raised his head, looking them in the eye now. "After that life we lived in the other Galar...its just so hard to live in this world." A tear streaked down his cheek, features quivering. This was the first time he'd said it out loud, much less admitted it to himself.[break][break]

"I was afraid it wouldn't be like that again." Tears were no longer held back, now.

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#765d75; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #765d75; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765d75; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #765d75; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 5:15:45 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
It wouldn't be anything like it—Rowan had made sure of that himself, even if Adrian didn't have the heart to tell him...[break][break]

Adrian felt it, too. Distanced from his own happiness. That other world had offered a refreshing slice of life, something he'd been missing... and just like that, it was gone.[break][break]

What Rowan was going through wasn't something he could so easily judge, let alone understand. He wasn't himself, but he wasn't someone else. He was just... less. Even his rationalizations, to Adrian, were grossly unaligned with the truth.[break][break]

Coming back had been a mistake.[break][break]

Adrian reaches through the bars, dragging his finger across their cheekbone, swiping away the tear. It was difficult for both of them.[break][break]

"...You are not well, Rowan. You..."[break][break]

You should have stayed away,[break]
You should have brought me with you;[break]
You should have confided in me,[break]
You should have thought this through...
[break]

There was no one way to say everything he felt.[break][break]

The circumstances were no longer favorable. He should be brimming with joy at their return to his side, and yet... it is all wrong. Adrian does not know if he can make it right, either...[break][break]

Adrian looks to be troubled to tears—but he maintains his composure well, despite the overwhelming frustration with a dream so nearly realized—only for his hopes to be dashed.[break][break]

"We... could have had it all, if you just..."[break][break]

There's a crazed look to his hopefulness.[break][break]

"We can still run, Rowan. Leave it all behind, no looking back. What are two bodies in a time of war...?" He pleaded.[break][break]

"He's already killed you once, Row. You can't honestly expect anything different from him... Can you?"[break][break]

It was textbook insanity playing out before him.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 23:27:22 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"I can't...I can't."A soft tremble carried through his tone, one born of sorrow and regret.[break][break]
Rowan wasn't well, that much was clear. When it came to the subject of running, however, he seemed lucid and stalwart. "Not again, Adrian." He struggled to meet their eye, gripping the bars of the cell a bit tighter.[break][break]

"I can't let you put yourself in danger for me, not again." Even if Walsh decided to have him executed, at least Adrian would live. Rowan refused to have their blood on his hands, he would happily die a thousand times before that happened.[break][break]

"Besides..." His head turned slightly, looking at the mirrored metal above his sink, depicting a distorted blob at this distance. "...I belong here. With my family, with you." Rowan smiled, the bittersweet curve appearing for just a moment before fading.[break][break]

"I want to fight for Team Rocket." He reached a hand through the bars, attempting to touch the other's hand. "With you right beside me."

[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#765d75; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #765d75; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765d75; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #765d75; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 3:46:36 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
Perhaps Rowan was deaf to the voice he'd given to his heart, his truth. His own urgings are turned over lightly. Adrian knows the other speaks with a sincerity owed to experience, yet it still contradicts reason. Rowan truly believed his future—his best future—was here under Team Rocket's thumb, oppressed to some degree.[break][break]

And yet somehow thankful for the chance.[break][break]

It clicks with him.[break][break]

This is the choice he has unwittingly given Adrian: Remain with Team Rocket and lead a reviled lifestyle, or flee Team Rocket and abandon him to their cruelties. Either way, he abandons his principles to do so. There is no winning condition—he may only choose what it is that he must sacrifice. The knife always cuts away who he is.[break][break]

He is at a loss for words, and it shows in his despondent, shocked expression. He's already seen the stretch of one life before him. Now he sees another; a mural of atrocities, of heinous crimes and ignoble conduct, and he is there amidst it all, complicit. The villain of their story.[break][break]

That is his life, if he chooses Rowan...[break][break]

Adrian cannot easily see that other life, where he pays heed to his own heart—so full of uncertainty it was. But man finds it easy to imagine his own monsters, and so he has made up his own, and dreamed of its terrible teeth and claws...[break][break]

"...Of course, Rowan. Of course..."[break][break]

His hand had been forced regardless of his volition. A choice would have to be made.[break][break]

...He hesitates to make it just yet...[break][break]

[player]https://file.garden/ZpgjcajufVyGrPnv/ADRIAN%20MALCOLM/MP3/i_was_only_temporary_-_my_head_is_empty_ultra_slowed_-_reverb_-_extended_(youconvert.net).mp3[/player]
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 17:57:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"He's already killed you once, Row. You can't honestly expect anything different from him... Can you?"[break][break]

Cillian is late in arriving to the submarine. He'd been halfway to his post when he'd gotten the alert that had been seen in the cellblock instead of the battlefield. It didn't take a genius to figure out why.[break][break]

.[break][break]

Half expecting his brother to disparage him, Cillian pauses in the shadows of an adjoining hallway and waits to hear the other's reply.[break][break]

"I want to fight for Team Rocket."[break][break]

Did they know Cillian was listening? But, no. He thinks that Adrian wouldn't be stupid enough to challenge the underboss within his earshot. They must be too focused on each other to be worried about the near-silent approach of a potential enemy.[break][break]

Adrian murmurs a response that Cillian barely hears. His heart is pounding.[break][break]

"He can."[break][break]

Cillian steps into the hall, SHADOW MIASMA pooling at his heels.[break][break]

"He's been punished for his treachery already. Consider it a fresh start." His smile is too sharp to be anything kind, but there's a certain sincerity in his eyes when they settle on his imprisoned kin. "A loyal Rocket has no need to fear me." His gaze shifts to Adrian. "That goes for both of you."[break][break]

It's both reassurance and threat.[break][break]

"Why have you come here?" His eyes narrow. "There's a war on. You're meant to join it."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 23:19:25 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]Rowan tensed at the sound of Cillian's voice, not for his own safety but for that of Adrian's. Their presence wasn't surprising, but unexpected. "Cillian-..." He gripped the bars, pressing himself close to the metal so he could appear to them. "It's my fault, Adrian didn't know. He was just worried about me." Anything to smooth over the treacherous words that the Underboss might have overheard. Rowan was already being punished, he was more than willing to take additional lashes in order to spare Adrian more pain than he'd already caused them.[break][break]

"I should be out there fighting, Cillian." The words spilled out abruptly, his demeanor changing from penitent to assertive in the blink of an eye.[break][break]

"Best case I end up among the dead, and your problem is solved." 's too, he thought. [break][break]"I'm no good to Team Rocket in this cell. The League is bearing down on us and we need every able body on the frontline." An appeal to their leadership, and the desperateness of the situation that Sootopolis City found itself in.[break][break]

"I want to fight." An amber eye locked on their own, one of many obvious physical traits shared between to two. "All you have to do is turn a blind eye." He proposed, glancing to Adrian and their desire to free him from this cage.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 6:57:42 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
A shiver.[break][break]

Rowan would see Adrian's face light up with shock and defeat—but it is something he manages to contain. Or perhaps override. His brow furls, and there's a rumble in his throat as his teeth clench together—grating almost audibly. The sensation jolts the nerves in his jaw, a reminder of his own vulnerability. May level-heads prevail.[break][break]

Before he can speak out of turn against Cillian, Rowan interjects. Perhaps it is best he did. Adrian finds it difficult to tolerate them, standing there, the look of smugness about him. ...Wretch.[break][break]

Rowan speaks. Adrian rises to his full height.[break][break]

There's a look of contempt that flashes towards Rowan at how quickly he throws himself back into subservience. He couldn't stomach it. It's indistinguishable from the face he already wears for Cillian, and they would mistake it for as much.[break][break]

"..."
[break]

He had come here for Rowan, and once there he had found the truth. What to do with it?[break][break]

"...War's right where I left it." It took a lot not to act on impulse. Baser instincts would have him throw away either future as he'd imagined them. He tried to navigate these feelings without flying into a fury. Cillian didn't make it easy.[break][break]

"But I'd forgotten something."[break][break]

Adrian made it clear he meant to leave with Rowan. Cillian could refuse them both, sure...[break][break]

But as he'd said, there was a war to wage.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 0:46:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's cool gaze flicks between the two of them, unreadable and unblinking, as desperately tries to defend his partner. His attention settles on his brother.[break][break]

"I don't see you as a problem, Rowan." Though his voice is hardly warm or gentle, neither is it cold. "I would've killed you if I had."[break][break]

Rowan asks him to turn a blind eye.[break][break]

He stands in a spot blind to the cameras that observe this place. No one would know.[break][break]

His gaze shifts to .[break][break]

"This will be on your head if it goes wrong, you understand." Adrian had planned to bust Rowan out without his permission, so it was reasonable to assume he'd already considered the consequences. "I won't stop you, but you never saw me here."[break][break]

He looks back to Rowan, something like pride in his eyes.[break][break]

"Go," he encourages. "Fight for us. Prove yourself." A pause. "And come home safe."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Bisexual
Grunt
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
1,753 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 23:02:39 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]A soft sigh of relief escaped Rowan's lips. "Thank you." He muttered underneath his breath, pressing his forehead against the cold metal bars. Months in this prison was enough to make one wish for the sweet release of death, and now his freedom was imminent. Perhaps this world wasn't devoid of miracles, after all. [break][break]

"I know where my Pokéballs are, we can head right there as soon as we-..." He trailed off, guilt eating at his stomach as he settled his gaze on Adrian. "I know you have no reason to trust me Adrian, especially not when your own life is on the line." Rowan swallowed, attempting to shove the guilt down further.[break][break]

"I'll die on that battlefield before I let this fall on either of you. No more running away, no more being afraid." The determination was clear on his face, this was a new Rowan, for better or for worse.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
MERCURIAL
in my solitude
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,624 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
WHERE YOU BELONG [C]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 2:49:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
[attr="class","iconimg"]
Adrian did not meet Cillian's expression. They would default on him, if things didn't go their way... Unsurprising.[break][break]

He would not thank them for that bare minimum, but he would take advantage of it—to Rowan's benefit, if not his own. He would answer any comeuppance one step at a time, as always.[break][break][break]

"Go."
[break]

They couldn't all stand around here forever.[break][break]

Adrian does not concern himself with either of their parting remarks—he turns his attention to his work. Sophisticated technological barriers barred Rowan within here—not some simple lock and key. As he worked over it, clearly frustrated, UNOWN-M hovered over him observantly.[break][break]

The wish had been made, even if he regretted it.[break][break]

Only after Cillian makes his departure is Adrian able to succeed in releasing the device that kept Rowan's cell sealed tight. With this, the way would be open—and Rowan would be free to walk through it—and into Team Rocket's latest war...[break][break]

Adrian found himself avoiding Rowan's eyes.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
SOCIAL

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times