[M][C/Ghost] Draconic Dominance
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 6:11:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (ghost.fireheart@hoennrangers.gov)
CC: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
MISSION: "Draconic Dominance"
PROTOCOL: Dispersal
DANGER: ★★★★☆

Seismic activity from beneath Mount Chimney has caused the collapse of well-known habitats of Druddigon, Deino, and Jangmo-o deep within Meteor Falls. These Pokémon have migrated to the main cavern, rendering overland travel between Rustboro City and Fallarbor Town impossible. We need you to herd them away from the main cavern and reopen the road. While minimizing Pokémon casualties is always important as a Ranger, you are authorized to terminate particularly aggressive specimens at your discretion.

Your objectives are as follows:

a. Neutralize Druddigon pack leader
b. Neutralize Kommo-o pack leader
c. Neutralize Hydreigon pack leader
d. Secure main cavern travel route

Elite Ranger Josh Devlin will be overseeing this operation. If he is satisfied with your performance, he may recommend you for promotion to Senior Ranger.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Mauville's second-in-command to , , led his protege, , toward the eastern entrance of Meteor Falls. Even outside the cavern, there were signs of dangerous dragon Pokémon passing by. Large rocks crumbled to dust from the impact of vibrating fists, as well as wild Pokémon brutally killed from what could only be identified as the savage bites of a Hydreigon. If they could take out fully evolved Pokémon, then they could easily kill a human, too. He thought this mission would have been better served by a Elite Ranger, but he was not the one to make this decision; such a choice was ', and hers alone. Josh was just one to follow directions and supervise.

From the saddle of his adorable Sylveon, Pinky, Josh rode alongside whatever Pokémon Ghost was aboard, if any; if he didn't bring one, he would have offered one of his Pyroar to the rising Ranger. "Need to go over the briefing again? Once we're in there, I won't be able to give you any help unless the mission, or our lives, are at risk." The RAINBOW FEATHER glinted brightly, pinned to his blue Ranger uniform. "Just remember, worst case scenario, Swift's got your back."

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Pinky         Sylveon        Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
Raikou        Raging Bolt    Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 6:48:28 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Was he nervous not at all but was he scared yes he was. It was the next step in his journey and was ready to take it. But was he ready to take what was to come. He was not a rookie anymore and that was proven. He went up against the Sea God himself. Ghost was not ome to shy away from things.
But today today was different and he needed to get his mind and heart together to see that.

As he was on the back of Roc Royal his Salamence. He would look over at Josh and reply to him,"I understand I will be solo for the most part. But yes explaining the misson to me one more time will be helpful. Ghost dud not know what to expect but he did bring a very good team with him. He just hoped it all worked out for him. Kodak The Pichu would look on woth serious eyes for some odd reason. 

Pokemon 
Pichu?????
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 20:30:47 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The sea god, Kyogre, was one of the strongest foes Josh had ever faced. So strong that the aquatic behemoth had repelled even his legendary Pokémon. Swift was strong, but the old Tempest's Patron felt like it was in a league of its own. The Champion was running out of time to find the missing pieces and get his partner ready in time to be effective during the war. Now that it was known Josh was the bearer of the Johtonian thundercat, he would almost certainly be a high profile target for Rocket.

Now was not the time to ponder that job; he had another task to focus on. As an Elite Ranger, he was responsible for overseeing promotional exams to Senior Ranger, and even Elite Ranger with permission from Head Ranger Ollie. "Alright, I'll go over the briefing one more time. When Mount Chimney erupted, a large den collapsed, killing quite a few wild dragon Pokémon and forcing the rest to migrate. It's your job to get them to relocate away from the thoroughfare through Meteor Falls. Violence should be a last resort, but you are authorized to terminate particularly aggressive dragons. There will be a storm of Druddigon, a storm of Jangmo-o, and a storm of Deino. Use all the resources and knowledge at your disposal to get them to migrate. I will only intervene if the mission or your life is jeopardized." Such were the Ranger exams he preferred to run: a ticket that was out of the comfort zone of Rangers at their current rank, but one they could handle at the next rank. That was the sign they were truly ready for their higher rank.

Pinky let out a low-pitched mew of encouragement. "If you truly are ready for the rank of Senior Ranger, then you will find a way to fulfill the mission's objectives on your own. Good luck out there."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 2:13:48 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
He was ready and he was willing to go the extra mile to do what it takes to stop this Night. But Ghost is not and refuse to take life that can be saved. "I understand Ranger Devlin truly and I truly thank you and appreciate you for giving me this chance. I do believe I can do this without taking a life. I mean i have my ways and what not." Just as he said that the Pichu would let out a roar in one in which she believes is powerful. But it was no bigger then a kitten meow.

Meanwhile as the group sat down on the ground within his Back Pack it would be moving. He did not pay attention as he recalled the salamence in and looked at his pokeball which held Roc Royal. "Please let's just hope we do not have to go that far." As Pichu climbed upon his shoulders Ghost would look back at Josh. "OK Ranger Devlin I'm off to stop this unfortunate turn of events."

As he said that he would start to make haste towards the entrance. Thinking to himself having a legend on stand by is not a bad idea. If Josh was to look closer he could see a pink ball in Ghost Back Pack and it hand it's hand out with a mic in it. Ghost was truly unaware that Uta was not in her pokeball. She tend to escape at the craziest times.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 17:32:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ghost's confidence made Josh feel a lot better. That was one of the big steps to advancing up the Ranger ladder, and one the Elite had to learn himself. Both in transforming the Three Virtues into the Six Virtues, as well as applying those Virtues toward his current predicaments: not understanding Swift's weakness, as well as balancing his health with his duties. He let out an "Aww..." at the cute electric-type, giving a wave to them both as the two took point, going deeper into Meteor Falls.

He took note of the fairy-type Pokémon inside Ghost's backpack, but did not say a word to his friend about it. In any other circumstance, he would have made Ghost aware. This, though, was an exam. He could not give any outside advice. Pinky's feelers reached toward the backpack, Josh flicking her reins to get her to silently stop. "Sorry, girl," the Gym Leader whispered. "We can't help at all."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 20:36:00 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Ghost would enter Meteor Falls entrance and what not. "OK Kodak, it's show time look alive and let's keep it moving OK." Just as he said that he would start to walking the cave. He only ever been here so many times so he would have to truly take his time. Ghost would look on and see just how big this cave truly was. The walk from out side to in wasn't that long or dark as he first thought. But still it was something not to take lightly. As he stopped to take a quick look around he would see a few dragon pokemon.

"OK the misson would have us reopening up a path way. That seems fairly even Kodak. The only problem is this is easier said then done. What I want us to do is take a calm approach to this. The dragon pokemon will want to fight and we don't have time for that. Let's sneak by the way." Soon Kodak would say,"Pichu" in a low voice.

As Ghost He and his pokemon went by the wall as to no disturbed the Denio that was right there. A certain someone saw opportunity to show off. As Ghost would be walking by the wall he would stop and look over to see none other then Uta His Jigglypuff. Ghost eyes would open up as his mouth dropped. Uta had no idea the danger she put herself in or rather the other way around. Because Uta had problems especially if she DID NOT GET TO SING.

With a smile on her face she would wave at the dragon types...Jiggly...Jiggly...Jiggly Puff.

Notes
Pokemon
Jigglypuff 
Pichu
???
???
???

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 0:08:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Meteor Falls was indeed well-lit, perhaps the most well-lit cave system in Hoenn. Even at night, it would be illuminated by moonlight, much like Kanto's Mount Moon. Ghost was certainly a go-getter, keeping a positive attitude in even the toughest scenarios. It was one thing the Champion admired about him. Though his self-confidence had improved during his Champion Assessment, it still wasn't where he wanted it to be. Nor where a Champion's self-confidence should be.

The SINGING attack was a good start, putting the horde to sleep and making it easier to be cleaned out. Uta's song made the Pokémon around her drowsy, the Deino looking like cuties as they curled up and passed out. The only one that remained awake was a furious-looking Hydreigon, clearly the ruler of the storm. The three-headed dragon took flight, only to dive toward the fairy-type in an effort to BODY SLAM her and brutally flatten her into the rocky floor.

Josh smiled upon seeing Ghost turn the conflict to a one-on-one battle. He commended Ghost for his confidence to be able to resolve the situation nonviolently, but how long would it last against an extremely dangerous foe?

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 3:07:40 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Uta was a tough one indeed. One would think that Bane his Kingdra Roc Royal his Salamence or even Tunka his Sirfetch'd were his toughest pokemon. No but they all had hard but that title belongs to Uta the SuperStar. Ghost met Uta a little while back when he went to sleep in his backyard. He woke up with markings all over his face and he wondered why. This had repeated for a few days until he placed cameras and this led to him catching her in the act. The Jigglypuff has been following him ever since he listened to her Song. He put glasses on so that she couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not and ever since then he has been her biggest fan.

Just as Uta was struck by the slam. Her eyes would go red as she grabbed on to the mighty dragon type. As she took a deep breath rather he did a move or not. She would have him by the ear. Grabbing hold of the dragon type doing the physical attack. Just then at the top of her lungs she started to sing yet again.

Uta would song directly standkng on his head and in his ears. Ghost would look on and then Pichu would cheer. "Alright Uta good job it's all about the carft of the Diva." Uta would then say....Jiggly....Puff

Notes
Jigglypuff used SING and a song the dragon won't forget.

Jigglybuff(Female) Uta
Ability-Competitive
Defense Curl
Sweet Kiss
Pound
CopyCat
Sing

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 1:29:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Seconds after the Uta grabbed the Hydreigon, the brutal dragon-type began to buck and writhe, hurling its enormous weight around in an effort to send the fairy-type flying. He winced at seeing the horrific force the prideful leader put upon the Jigglypuff, idly wondering if would ever ride upon a wild Hydreigon. The heaving seemed like, in his eyes, something she would enjoy.

Wearing itself out from trying to send the light Pokémon flying, it was overcome by sleep. That sleep wouldn't last forever, and if it woke up, it would be furious -- furious enough that Josh expected combat to be the only solution. He watched Ghost carefully, curious as to how he would make use of the time where the Hydreigon was at its most vulnerable.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 2:45:07 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Well it was done at least for the moment as It's stood tall. With her chest puffed up she was a happy camper. As the Jigglypuff looked at Ghost she would nodd her head. "Very good Uta her singing is a lullaby as usaul...Jigglypuff." As he looked on he would pull out yet another pokeball. This time Jodie would he called out. As the MEGANIUM came to play she would be all smiles. As he rubbed up against Ghost would plant a kiss on her forehead. Then Ghost would say to her,"Alright Jodie use Formation Lured." Meganium would smile as she looked on at the Dragon types. Soon a very sweet scent would start to fill up the area." Good Jodie's sweet scent was very sweet to the nose and mind. They will follow it back to thier part of the cave and this problem will be taking care of. "Jodie meet me back this way and if I'm not up ahead you will need to play catch up."

Just as he said that and hopefully with everything done here would scratch the first dragon type off his list. Soon Ghost would head to the next section of the cave.

Note
Meganium used sweet scent to lure the dragon types away back to thier area. 

Notes
Pokemon
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Meganium 

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 1:03:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Putting them to sleep was a good solution, albeit a temporary one. After a few hours, the storm of Deino would be awake and causing problems again. The Elite Ranger mumbled to himself, Pinky's low-pitched squealing interrupting the conversation he was having with himself. He was curious to see what kind of permanent solution Ghost would come up with.

The Meganium's SWEET SCENT made Pinky cry happily, Josh reining the Sylveon back to remind her to be quiet. The scent attracted a pack of Jangmo-o line Pokémon, their Kommo-o leader in the front, following the scent toward the still-distant grass-type. What would Ghost do to prepare for the dragon-types clearly motivated by a need for sustenance?

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 13:39:50 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Jodie did her job and so did Uta and he was off the next part. As he had a plan in mind I'd anytime but for now he had to play it cool. So far he cleared one area and that was a good thing however his job was not done. "OK that seems to be the key to any and everything at this moment. I'll be using Yara next as she will be able to fend them off a bit more. But I promise no one will die on my end."

Just as he made it to the next area he would see the alpha he been meaning to see and it was none other then Jangmo-o. Believe it or not this dragon type was known to be the calmest of the dragon types. But that would prove true or false today. As he looked on he would have his Pichu with him. As she races over by the opening and more then not would grav thier attention. Now with Jodie sweet scent feeling the cave slowly but sure everyone should start Smelling it out. Just then Kodak the Pichu would start to discharge her electricity. Right by the opening of this part of the cave. But what was Ghost even planning at this point? As he went in his bag he would realize that there was no more berries and he would smile as he watched Uta eat the last one. "Oh wow,OK time to go with plan b" As Jiggly Puuff looked on and she would give a smile..."Jigglypuff."

Notes
Pichu is distracting the Dragon Types as GHOST tries to sneak behind them.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 23:41:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Watching the Jigglypuff eat a clump of Berries was enough for the small horde of Jangmo-o line Pokémon to dogpile the poor Pichu. Dragon-types they may be, they were clever, and had potent weapons for fighting fairy-types. The leader of the group loosed a deafening BOOMBURST from its scales in an effort to rattle Uta so much that she would drop them. It would have worked splendidly, were it not for Kodak's electricity drawing half the horde's attention. Two of them charged the Pichu in a pincer attack, their CLANGING SCALES vibrating rapidly enough for the air around the electric-type to physically shake.

Even from the distance he was at, Josh had to cover his ears. The concept was solid, but even the best-laid plans can fall apart. He smiled, watching what Ghost's backup strategy looked like.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Ghost

Day Dreamer
He his him, Day Dreamer
twenty eight
October 22
Golden Rod
Heterosexual
Pokemon Ranger
Elite Ranger (OOC)
6"00 height
6"00 height
awards
322 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ghostx
ghost fireheart
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2024 19:21:27 GMT
ghost fireheart Avatar
Kodak The Pichu she wasn't a fighter per say but she was not a none fighter at the same time. Her distraction prove most useful if anything. As her electricity has gotten stronger over the month since she hatched. But the look on her face as the dragons came at her was pure priceless.

Just then her small body fame was all that was needed to get ahead. But although they then manged to hit her it wasn't like they wanted. Because they both came at her at the same the same time. They hit thier heads together and Kodak would stand on the two as if she was the caused of such a victory. But she would quickly be blown away as was Uta by a powerful Sound attack. This caused Ghost to cover his ears and covered them he did. But Uta oh no as she went rolling back. She would be staring at the cave ceiling. As she ate one last berry which she should not have done. But you could not tell her that. Slowly but surely she would stand up as she locked eyes with the Jangmo-o leader.

You see there are three pokemon in all of Ghost's P.c that he has dubbed the monster Trio and that being Roc Royal the Salamence Jet The Emperleon and well Uta the Jigglypuff. When he met Uta she was a mere Igglypuff and a leader of a gang of wild pokemon. The moral of the story is do not let looks fool you. Soon Uta would start to tap her right foot as the area started to turn pink like. "Jiggly....PUFF." Just then she would launch at the Jangmo-o with a Play Rough attack head on as she had now activated her Missy Terrain.

"Sorry Jangmo-o but the moment you used BoomBurst. Uta took that as a personal matter of you trying to out sing her and now she is about to put you to sleep the good old fashion way." Ghost would say as he picked up Kodak and just then He would start to go to the next area. "Jodie and Uta I leave it up to you too. Now then Kodak shall we."

He would head off to the next part.

Notes
Uta used Missy Terrain and Play Rough
Kodak made it out by pure luck. 

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,920 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 1:42:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The approach Ghost took was largely nonviolent; it was only when the sonic dragons employed violence did the Ranger retaliate in kind. That was a big thumbs up for the candidate. Thankfully he was far away enough from the Boomburst that he didn't have to cover his ears, but it was still loud enough to be clearly heard.

Once the second dragon storm had been routed, Josh came a little closer to Ghost, though still tailing by quite the distance. Pinky gently rubbed the Elite Ranger with her feelers, making him relax amidst what turned out to be quite a tense operation. Two down, and one to go. The last storm of dragons didn't seem to be out in the open at all. If Ghost wanted to find them, he would have to go hunting for them.

{PC: 8}

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited