he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
MORE MYSTERIES THAN REVELATIONS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 20:19:13 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner stood at the entrance to the café inside the National Museum of Natural History. Dressed in a bespoke suit and tie, and wearing a somber expression, he appeared more like a member of staff than a guest. [break][break]

In truth, his visit was a matter of national security. One of the museum's curators, , had been present at the League conference just a few days prior. Gunner had arranged a meeting with her at the café to inquire about the events that had transpired. [break][break]

His vigilance was soon rewarded, for as the clock's hands pointed to noon, he caught sight of the young woman approaching. [break][break]

"Miss Higashi, hello," Gunner said, extending his hand to shake hers. "Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to meet with me. How have you been doing since the attack, if I can ask?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 2:02:46 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

Minutes to noon, Yuina walked through the corridors of the museum, heels quietly clicking along the polished marble floors. She adjusted her glasses, brushed a length of hair behind her shoulder, smoothed out her blouse, and repeat, and again... Tense and anxious tendencies as she neared the meeting spot.[break][break]
He was easy to spot, he stood out amongst the patrons that were milling about the cafe area, clearly Gunner was there for business and nothing more. And now she dreaded the idea of this meeting even more as she neared.[break][break]
"Agent Graves," she returned, and she did reach out to take his hand in the offered greeting. Formalities and all. Where did the line begin in treating this as a formality, and what would cause her to cross it? The question of wondering how she had been doing since the attack... Yuina tried not to think too hard on it.[break][break]
How had she been doing, after spending hours trying to feel like she got all of the blood off of herself? After chancing glances at her arms and hands for the last couple of days, expecting to still see herself stained red?[break]
How had she been doing, knowing she was responsible for the blood on her hands, just as much as Paxton who had enacted it? Watching the light go out, the fear... feeling the dead weight of their body leave her hands...[break][break]
"I've been managing... It wasn't the first time my life had been threatened," she spoke quietly, and though she met his handshake, she didn't meet his gaze. It wasn't the first time her life had been threatened, but it was the first time that another life had been threatened, and she had been ill prepared to handle that situation.[break][break]
"Have there been any advances in the investigation thus far?"

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 12:41:07 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner analyzed Yuina's behavior and demeanor as she spoke. Was it guilt that prevented her from meeting his gaze? Or was it trauma from the incident? He made a mental note for later. [break][break]

"We're still in the preliminary stage of investigating what happened," he replied, gesturing for them to proceed into the café area. He fell into step beside her, assaulted by the sights and smells of lunch hour. [break][break]

Patrons milled around, choosing their meals in blissful ignorance. Everyone had heard about the attack, but few thought it could happen again. Or to them. [break][break]

Choosing a table far away from the general hubbub, Gunner took out his phone. "I have some questions for you about the incident, actually. Our conversation will be recorded for the sake of the investigation." [break][break]

He was not asking for permission, but providing the guidelines for their meeting.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 23:02:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Yuina might have been able to figure that there still were no solid answers on what happened... But even if there were, who would know? Would they tell the public? Would they tell anyone that wasn't the highest rank of council and above? She had already tried to seek information on the rocket that had been killed and was denied... Did Gunner know that?[break][break]
They walked through the cafe, Yuina kept a small stride just behind him, fingers twisted together in front of her as they came to a table out of the way of most. She sat across from him, and took out his phone, placing it on the table...[break][break]
"Of course, I understand. I could expect as much to get the best information on everything that happened," Yuina returned, what else could she say? Refute being recorded, or answering questions about what transpired and draw herself into a negative light? Though she had the feeling that she was already there...

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 12:52:33 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

And so they began. Gunner slipped easily into the role of interrogator, as if it was a second skin. [break][break]

He had to remember, though, that Yuina was not an enemy—not yet, not while they lacked evidence to point accusatory fingers. Nervous behavior, however, typically indicated some kind of guilt or shame. [break][break]

What did she have to hide? [break][break]

"First, please state your name for the record," Gunner said, "and describe how you learned about the Slateport conference in the first place."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 18:29:49 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Ready as she would never be, Yuina glanced between Gunner and the phone for a moment before she adjusted the glasses that sat at the bridge of her nose.[break][break]
"My name is Yuina Higashi," she stated first, already awash in lies, but she had been Yuina Higashi for so long now, it had become second nature.[break][break]
"I was informed about the conference by invitation. It was an email from the league organization as whole, so I am unsure of who the exact sender was," Yuina answered, and for posterity sake she drew out her own device. He could see the email if he'd like.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 12:29:39 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner held up his hand to signal that he didn't need to see the email for himself. [break][break]

"I'm familiar with it," he said to Yuina. His department had been blind copied on the invitation, for their own reference. [break][break]

He resumed his questions, finally getting into the meat of the interrogation. "Did you discuss the invitation or the conference with anyone between when you received the email and the appointed day? Friends, colleagues, or maybe even strangers?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 22:29:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Setting her phone aside, the email of little interest, Yuina looked back up at the continued line of questioning. She did consider it for a moment, had she spoken to anyone?[break][break]
"I didn't, no, initially I wasn't sure that I would attend, so I didn't feel it necessary to discuss with anyone outright," Yuina answered, and she had initially considered not going at all. It wasn't her place, and she still wondered all the same why she had been invited at all.

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 19:01:05 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

An unexpected answer. Gunner assumed most young women gossiped about everything with their friends. He filed away this oddity for later examination in case it was relevant, before moving on with his line of questioning. [break][break]

Reaching into the inner pocket of his suit jacket, he pulled out a piece of paper. Unfolding it, he placed it flat on the table between him and Yuina. It was a scan of a larger composite sketch, the features depicting the same man who gave commands during the attack. [break][break]

The leader, Gunner had assumed. [break][break]

"Have you ever seen this man before? Or perhaps any of the other terrorists?" he asked Yuina.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 23:56:01 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Twisting knots in her fingers beneath the table, Yuina looked out behind her glasses as Gunner took a moment to bring out a piece of paper. He spread it out on the table, allowing her a moment to look at it before questioning if she had ever seen the man before.[break]
All things considered, having less than a year's worth of contextual memory did wonders for being able to recall things in recent memory, but even that didn't seem to help right now...[break][break]
"No, I haven't... which isn't of much help I'm sure. Has he been able to be identified at all? By anyone else," Yuina wondered, did anyone know who this person was? And even if they did... Would Gunner tell her? So far she had been the one being questioned, was she in line to ask questions back?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 19:00:18 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner could not help the disappointment that flickered to life inside him at Yuina's negative response before professionalism snuffed it out. His mouth flattened into a thin line at yet another dead end. [break][break]

"We are actively working on identifying him," was all the answer she would receive on that matter. [break][break]

Folding up the paper again, Gunner decided to switch tactics. [break][break]

"Since you're frequently here in the upper district for work, did you notice or encounter anyone suspicious on the streets in the days leading up to the conference? Or perhaps during the morning before the it started?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 1:14:46 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Posing her question, Yuina wasn't exactly sure what she might have been expecting, but the curt, terse answer he gave... Was it more telling than intended? Was she reading too much into it?[break]
She already had her reservations about the way things had happened, how much of a perfect disaster it all played out to be.[break][break]
"No, no I didn't... And that's likely the same answer that anyone else has given you, isn't it," Yuina returned then, wondering, concerned...[break][break]
"Has anyone been able to answer any of these questions at all?"

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 16:31:29 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"We've only just begun conducting interviews," Gunner said with as much professionalism as he could muster. The last thing he wanted was for the general public to make assumptions about the HBIC's progress and, therefore, its competence. [break][break]

"Don't worry, Miss Higashi. The more people we speak with, the more information will come to light." [break][break]

Unfortunately, he felt he had reached the limit of Yuina's knowledge. Offering her his attempt at a reassuring smile, he took out a business card bearing his name and his phone number at HBIC headquarters. [break][break]

"Those are all the questions I had for you today. If you learn anything else, please don't hesitate to call me." The card slid across the table in her direction.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 15:00:11 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Yuina wasn't an officer or a detective by any means, but she could make educated guess or logical leaps with little issue... If she had as little information as she did, there couldn't be many more of them that had any more information. It truly was all a perfect disaster, but for what?[break][break]
"Of course, surely someone out there had to see something...," she returned, if only offering the same slight of encouragement. She wasn't blaming him, how could she? Where she might have thought in the beginning that they were sending out officers to make accusations, Gunner truly was trying... But there were no straws to grasp.[break][break]
"Gunner," she called him as he turned to leave, his business card set on the table. She dropped the formality for that moment, while he wasn't a close colleague or even an acquaintance, she wanted to think perhaps that they wanted the same things out of this ordeal.[break][break]
"When will they release the names of the casualties?"

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 14:39:41 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner turned back at the sound of his name, frowning slightly. Yuina's concern and question were understandable, but she raised a point that also stumped him. The report on the casualties and victims still hadn't been released internally. [break][break]

He couldn't answer her question even if he wanted to. [break][break]

"For the sake of the victims' privacy, that list may not be released to the general public," he said, dodging her question of when. "Did you lose someone during the attack? A friend, or…?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS