Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 0:33:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

Everything was wrong... Everything all over the place was falling apart, ripping away at the threads of an already old and tattered seam that couldn't hold for much longer. Weather anomalies continued to ravage parts of the region, it was said the leviathan Kyogre was looming enraged in the depths of the sea. A decree by the league said to restrict the Pokémon ownership of the civilian populace, and no answers for what to expect. War on the horizon, Dewford had been leveled, and... The attack on the civilian population in Slateport continued to spread like wildfire, especially the burning message left by the rockets in the wake of it all.[break][break]
Everything was wrong, ever since the escape from their imprisonment, Yuina felt like everything was on a full tilt downward spiral, herself included. She was running out of ways to cope, loosing her faith in what she was doing, and felt as if she had little she could do when everyone above her continued to prove that her trust would never be warranted...[break][break]
Everyone was wrong, except for one person she could think of that would never tell her anything but the hard truth of a matter. She needed guidance, she needed support... But more than anything, she needed help.[break][break]
"I'm here to see Sherriff Navidson."

notes[break]
Social Thread! -> Dewford[break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 1:06:34 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HOLY DIVER YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Dewford’s sheriff’s department remains the same, even with the island around it being rebuilt. It’s the same small, rustic police station as ever. The desk is manned by a man named Dave, who ranks first among Navy’s deputies in seniority if not competence.[break][break]
Ma’am, Sheriff Navidson’s very busy, what with his Elite Four duties and reconstruction and-” Deputy Dave’s mouth is liable to run on and on and on, were it not for the timely intervention of the sheriff.[break][break]
I know her, Dave. Arceus, even if I didn’t, I tell people they can walk in and talk to me if they need to.” He says the words with an amused half-smile. He does not full-on admonish his deputy, perhaps because the man’s good-natured, stupid, enthusiasm is an alleviating factor.[break][break]
Come on, Yuina. We’ll talk in my office. Dave, tell the next one, when they show up, to take a seat and wait. I’ll see ‘em when I’m done.” Navy doesn’t know if there’ll be a next one, but all the same, they’ll find his door open once Yuina’s done.[break][break]
He leads her past other rooms filled with files and desks before arriving at the end of the hall. His office seems less a sheriff’s office and more an outpost for a general. Maps of the region marked with X's, chess pieces, and other eclectic location markers sits on the table. Profiles on several known Rockets are scattered throughout the room. A few different television screens play news reports from all over the region, most notable the 24/7 cycle of HNN talking heads. Beside it is Galar’s GBC and Unova’s Delphox News.[break][break]
Wish we could be seeing each other again other better circumstances, but glad you’re here all the same. How’ve you and your green buddy been? Concordas and his Sapphire guys been chasing you hard to get you to join their initiative?” He frames the question with a light tone, but his eyes betray interest in her answer – concerned, mixed with apprehension. He has precious few friends in the HBIC.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 1:30:59 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Yuina's jaw clenched, her fingers twisting together in front of her at the idea that... she would have to wait. She knew Navy was busy, she knew he never stopped working, but... Right when she was about to open her mouth to contest, as good natured as this man might have been, she hear Navy's familiar tone, and she felt relief. For far more reasons she realized than knowing that she wouldn't have to wait to see him.[break][break]
"Navy... thank goodness I caught you before someone else might have," she breathed, eyeing this Dave for a moment as she turned to walk with him. She would have hated to be that person, but she wouldn't have let Dave tell her no if she could help it...[break][break]
She followed closely, keeping pace with Navy as he lead her down the end of the hallway, to an office space that seemed to be par for the course. She wasn't sure what she might have been expecting, but it didn't shock her... Navy was diligent, and maybe even to a fault as he opened the conversation with asking about the sprite... She couldn't know who did and didn't see Celebi amidst everything else that had been happening, and like hell she was ever going to ask...[break][break]
Yuina shouldn't have been surprised, but she bristled all the same. His tone was light, but the topic was not, especially at the mention of Paxton.[break][break]
"No... or at least not yet...," Yuina muttered, would they? Should she expect that?[break]
"I don't think they'd like my answer very much."

notes[break]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 19:51:23 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

HOLY DIVER YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA, OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF ME?

Mmm.” He nods in acknowledgement of her words, pondering the implications thereof. He wonders if SAPPHIRE is even aware that she has Celebi, or where ’s opinion stands on the matter. [break][break]
I think that’s for the best.” The words are slow to come, as he does not wish to lead her astray. “I think their hearts are in the right place. With Sapphire, I mean. They don’t want another . Problem is, the one that started the whole program is the avatar of a Pokemon that stinks.” Zacian does not like Chi-Yu. That alone is not reason enough to admonish , but it’s the beginnings of a thread that weaves itself into a tapestry of mistrust. Though he did not know her well, he admired her from a distance when she was but a reporter, and it seems to him that she is one in another chain of people who have forged a bond with their Pokemon to their detriment.[break][break]
They don’t get that any Pokemon can change their trainer. They don’t care ‘bout Daikenki cause he hasn’t made a legend for himself yet, but I bet you’d listen to anything he says way before you’d listen to some crazy request from Celebi. If you ask me, any trainer with a sygna suit should get access to their counseling resources.” Points he reminds himself of, time and time again, as he thinks about how his own cabal of Pokemon have made him change over their time together.[break][break]
Won’t lie and say I wouldn’t love your help at League HQ, but it sounds like you’ve made your decision. The moment we take away people’s right to choose, Rocket wins. What’s Sullivan been telling you ‘bout all this?

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 22:31:07 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

For every chance that she was able to meet with Navy, Yuina was reminded time and again that she could say what she wanted to say and not only not be admonished for it, but even have a shared opinion. Yuina glanced at him as he accepted her curt response in regards to the Sapphire subset. Not only did he accept it, but he had his own qualms with it all, up and including the person responsible for it all...[break][break]
He was the exact right person she needed to come to, and for this Yuina felt relief.[break][break]
"I, uh, don't know much about the pokemon that's aligned itself with her... Either way, she and Paxton both don't exactly leave me inclined to jump at an offer to cater to expectations they have for a Pokémon that I never asked to come to me...," and Yuina's relief was showing in earnest. She had a particularly negative connotation towards the councilwoman and the officer, and still didn't exactly have the best relationship with the sprite that had chosen her. She was working on it, but it was hard, knowing that she was chosen but not knowing why or for what... It wasn't as if she could ask the Celebi anything and expect an answer. It wouldn't even elaborate on the vision.[break][break]
Navy had his own reservations about her being involved. He, like a handful of others, continued to see something in her, but only because she presented this otherwise empty shell to the outside world... But he wasn't going to contest her. And for that she was thankful. She looked at him again though, as he wondered what had been telling her, and at the unexpected mention the faintest brush of pink flushed beneath her eyes.[break][break]
Again, she shouldn't have been surprised, at this rate she felt like she wouldn't be shocked if he asked about her time spent in Hisui. His query wasn't fair though, not when Doug did know her truth and what she hid in her shadows. He was a lot more informed than most anyone else Yuina knew.[break][break]
"Uhm, he... Uh, we haven't talked about Sapphire. We're still trying to understand what Celebi is here for," she returned, but really she hadn't even started considering the possibility that she could be on anyone's radar until recently. She felt like it had been long enough since their imprisonment, no one had approached her yet, and she had been so, so careful about Celebi's presence. Maybe it was wrong, maybe she was kidding herself into thinking that no one saw it come to her, but the longer she went without anyone pursuing her, the more worried she became.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 8:39:41 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Color dances across her cheeks, and the sheriff smiles. There’s no smugness to the smile, simply the delight of a deduction proving correct. Every man who ever called himself a detective from your average Dick Gumshoe to enjoys getting to do that.[break][break]
Good for her, he thinks, they’re a cute couple.[break][break]
I’ll tell you somethin’ I know ‘bout your friend. Don’t know if it’s gonna help you or hurt you, but told me she killed Celebi. She’s a lot of things, including a liar, but I don’t think she was lyin’ ‘bout that.” Another mystery, and not his to solve.[break][break]
Wouldn’t be the first time something’s come back from the dead in this region. That’s assuming she really killed Celebi at all.” For a small thing, Celebi seems quite resilient. It would be easy to dwell on that point, but Navy thinks better of it. There’s much and more he’s sure they need to address. These months have been difficult for everyone in the war-torn region, picked at by terrorists, gods, and bureaucrats alike.
But I didn’t mean to bulldoze over whatever you came to me to talk about. What can I do for you?

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 17:53:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

The implications of becoming close to a 'legendary pokemon' were growing, and Yuina knew that she wouldn't be able to keep under the radar for long. But as Navy spoke in small detail about something he did know of Celebi, Yuina paled. Her eyes glanced to one of the rocket's posters tapered on the wall, a face she already knew, one that she had fought and nearly drowned over, one that was imprisoned with them... killed Celebi? Did that mean she would target the sprite again? Would she target Yuina...?[break][break]
"...She was on that ship with us... she was in our ward. What... What if she saw Celebi come to me? What am I supposed to do about that," Yuina returned after a moment, her eyes fixated on the wanted poster, the one that came with the most recent rendition of the HNN. She herself had been pretty inconsequential to rocket as a whole, she was only in their way when she was assigned to be there. Would this put her on their radar, when she never wanted to be?[break][break]
Navy though reminded her of what she did in fact really come to visit him for, though her gaze was hard pressed to leave that of the poster she had been fixated on. She had to consider the other set of enemies she was getting ready to make if she wanted to do anything about what happened at that conference...[break][break]
"Uhm, right, yeah," she breathed after a moment, turning to look at Navy again.[break]
"I'm sure you heard about the attack on the conference in slateport city," Yuina inquired first, she wanted to know what Navy did or didn't already know about what happened, perhaps even what he might have been told...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 11:04:11 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

I dunno.” He says regarding her first point, about Celebi. “If you think she’s gonna come for you, you can stay here as long as you want.” He could let it end there, but he won’t. “But I don’t think you wanna just sit on Dewford and let life pass you by. I wish I could help you ‘bout Celebi.” But he can’t, not beyond practical matters like keeping the young sprite safe. That he can do, and he can do very well, but he cannot be everywhere at once. That was the lesson beaten into him by the Loyal Three.[break][break]
When the subject turns to the press conference, his eyes light up. He listens with curiosity, once more admonishing himself for not being there. It was only afterwards, once he was recovering on Dewford, that he realized none of his cohorts were there. Neither or himself were present at the conference. Not even or .[break][break]
That would be cause for concern alone. When he examined the facts with a closer, more critical lens…[break][break]
I was in Slateport, you know. The day marched on it. There were guys in uniforms. They were makin’ a statement.” What a horrifying day that had been. He had thought only of his brother, abandoning the rest of the city. Some hero that man had been. Of course, he hadn’t been a soldier or a peace officer then. He was just a private investigator with a Skarmory.[break][break]
Think it’s kinda weird how it all shook out at the conference. Feels like…it’s not their MO. Weird none of the big hitters like Harcourt, Delarosa, or Beckett were there. Guess someone could argue there’s people in the command staff we don’t know ‘bout, but I think we’re past that, what with all out war right around the corner.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 16:32:49 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

One problem at a time... but there were already so many waiting in line to be reconciled, dealt with, and fraught over. Yuina couldn't know what was going to happen if anyone on their opposing side suspected that Celebi was still with her, but at least at present, Yuina felt that the matter of the conference being closer to home was more pertinent.[break][break]
"Uniforms... How long ago was that? Did they look like the uniforms from the conference," Yuina wondered first, was that a paralell to be drawn? For all of the rockets that she had encountered thus far, who were likely on assignment at a given time just like she was for one reason or another, they certainly didn't advertise that they were on rocket until it came time to act.[break][break]
"Navy, I was there, at the conference. Everything about it, everything that happened, the way that it happened, it's... Something doesn't feel right. I haven't been able to get any more information on anything that happened, any of the civilians that were hurt or the bodies that were recovered... I get blocked at every turn, no matter what I try to look at," Yuina returned. She wasn't high brass, she didn't have any real authority within the organization, but as an active witness to what happened, and wanting to investigate just as much as the next person, why wasn't she allowed to have any information outside of what she saw?[break][break]
"I mean, I don't know if that's normal? I don't have any standing authority, but I'm just trying to help, like everyone else," she was agitated, and it was more than just wanting to help the investigation. The rocket that she was responsible for... She just wanted to know his name...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 6:11:04 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

Her first question raises an eyebrow. The scars of that first battle between Hoenn’s government and Team Rocket still linger. Huh. Maybe she’s from another region. Never really thought about it before. Even someone from another region should know, but he decides not to dwell on it when there’s so much more to discuss.[break][break]
’Bout six years ago, or it will be in November. Not many of ‘em wore masks, for one thing. The uniform’s different, but I don’t think that’s worth dwellin’ on. and just have different tastes in fashion.” Truth be told, he doesn’t know if it’s the bosses or someone under them who dictates the uniforms. It doesn’t much matter, he decides.[break][break]
But you’re right to ask questions. Even if Councilman Silph disagrees, real loyalty ain’t blind. You’re a ranger, so you’re not gonna have much authority to investigate somethin’ like this. Suppose there’s really a conspiracy. You’d do everything in your power to shut out anyone trying to get to the bottom of it.” For much of what he says, Navy sorts through his own papers, which reveal little Yuina would not already know. Dewford has enough of its own problems and Navy is but one man. He hasn’t had time to investigate, and no one has brought the matter to his attention before. His eyes finally lift, meeting Yuina’s.[break][break]
And you need to understand this: if we’re right, and something’s fishy ‘bout this, chances are whoever’s behind it would kill to keep this covered up. Sounds like blood’s already on their hands.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 21:58:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

For a moment, as Navy went on, Yuina looked at him and wondered... The way he was talking, the way he wasn't parsing words, it was like he was trying to warn her... but to what end? Surely, he wasn't one of those people that he was speaking to?[break]
"You're either trying to warn me because you care, or because you're one of the ones trying to keep things covered up," Yuina remarked first, but studying him for a moment more, she knew it had to be the later. Navy would never attack a civilian population like that. He wouldn't have it.[break][break]
"For as many questions as I've asked, I don't have any answers. No one gives me a second glance at league HQ," she spoke after a moment, and for better or for worse... That was still how she preferred it. But she couldn't let her own cowardice get in the way of trying to do right by what happened.[break][break]
Yuina took a moment though, drawing in a breath, eyes flicking down to her hands. She held them open, and turned them over like she had something on them... And in her mind's eye, she did...[break][break]
"One of the attackers... He died because of me Navy... His blood is on my hands, I'm no better than the person who might have done all of this, who might have forced him to attack the conference...," she almost whispered, her voice broken, distant.[break]
"I need to know his name, I need to know who I hurt, and they won't even give me that. If for no one else, I need to do this for him Navy, I need to figure out why this happened so that he can be put to rest."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 2:53:23 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

If you want some proof I’m not involved in any cover-up, just consider this: I’d have a hard time doing anything in a coma. Before Rocket attacked Dewford in May, I was busy recovering from our stint in prison. All of that’s public, and you can look it up.” Some part of him wants to ask her if she thinks he’s the kind of person who’d beat around the bush if his intention was to shut her up, but that conversation will not avail them. He thinks they understand each other.[break][break]
But, as he listens, he thinks that there are some things that need to be said. They were words he needed to be told, once upon a time. In those long ago days he had been no one, nothing. Just a street kid keeping his head low while Ultra Beasts and gods loomed high overhead.[break][break]
I get it. That you want to keep your head low. People at HQ are so up their own—their own butt” chauvinism corrects ass to a softer word at the last moment, “that they don’t pay you any mind so long as you’re not in sight. Problem is…when you decide it’s time to take a stand, it’s hard to get them to care all of a sudden.” He stands and goes to his window. He looks out at the town where he took his stand. These people, those lost in the battle last year, were what made him take his stand.[break][break]
I can get your foot in the door. I can wedge it open, help you get records. Whoever you wanna talk to, I can get a meeting arranged. Thing is…you can’t have it both ways. You can’t do this and then duck your head back down. That’s not how life works. I think you’re doing the right thing, for what it’s worth, but you should know that you can’t unring the bell. Is that something you really want?” He prays she says yes, for he too thinks that the blood of one man is the blood of one man too many.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 23:15:04 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

At this point, Yuina is sat against the corner of a table, too uncomfortable to sit down but too weary to remain stalwart. She's been so tired for so long... And the fight was only really beginning.[break]
She looks to Navy as he stands, turning to a window that looked out at Deword, she knew what it meant to him, he'd told her on their first meeting that that very view through the window was why he did everything that he did. That seemed like such a long time ago... And she was still looking for her reason to do any of what she was doing. Had she really grown or accomplished anything since then?[break][break]
The office was silent for a spell, Navy said his peace, and Yuina was taking his words. Her fingers were tangled in knots together in her lap, her eyes cast down as she considered what she might be about to do... But it wasn't that simple...[break][break]
"It shouldn't be me... He deserves someone better than me trying to spare his memory...Those civilians deserve someone better than me trying to understand why everything happened the way that it did," Yuina spoke after a handful of moments, a bite of anger in her tone, but it was only ever for herself.[break][break]
"I'm a liar Navy-- I'm a liar and it's possible that I'm putting everyone that I come into contact with in some kind of danger... The Drk Triad is targeting me, they're looking for me," she speaks this truth with such ire, such vitriol, her nails begin to dig into the palms of her hands.[break]
"I keep my head down because I can't pretend like I'm worth all of the good I try to do. The triad is worse than rocket, and with their target on my back, that means that I am too for all of the lives that I could be putting in jeopardy."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 1:30:38 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

It doesn’t matter!” He interjects with sudden passion when says that she is not enough. “Don’t matter if you’re enough or not. It sounds like you’re all that guy has, Yuina!” His thoughts turn to Gabriel Navidson, who no one in the world would remember should he die. He thinks of , whose soul wanders the borderlands between life and death.[break][break]
There’s…people I think deserved someone better than me. I was all they had, Yuina. Maybe there’s a world out there where the people whose blood is on our hands get someone better to help ‘em. Maybe that’s the world the Dark Triad’s trying to protect. Maybe those people give ‘em the perfect ending they deserve, but there’s not here. We’re who they have, and we have to do right by ‘em.”[break][break]
It is not lost on him, what she says. That the Dark Triad has taken interest in her is something nigh unprecedented. The only people he can safely say have achieved as such are avatars and those who will soon become avatars.[break][break]
Every day we wake up while the Dark Triad lives, everybody’s lives are in danger. Not trying to say what you’re saying ain’t important, but…” His eyes find hers again, and it is as if he sees something of his younger self in her eyes. “…but you gotta fight, Yuina. If you don’t, you lose either way.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
No Nonsense [S]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 23:10:40 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Again, just like every time she crossed paths with him, Yuina was easily reminded of why she sought out Navy in the first place. He doesn't parse words and doesn't shy away from telling her the things that actually matter, the truths about what she thinks and how she feels. And that was why she felt like she could tell him the more difficult things, the feelings of inadequacy, the notion that she shouldn't be a part of the league for what she could bring upon anyone she comes into contact with.[break][break]
She could speak freely, without scrutiny, without worrying that she was going to say the wrong thing and face backlash for it. He'd made his own reservations about those in the upper echelons clear as had she. And it was still those very feelings that didn't make any of this easier.[break][break]
"I want to do right by him... I know he deserves that much, and I deserve to know who I hurt, but I don't even know where to start," she returned then, she was agreeing with him by all means, and having come to him was a beginning... But from there, where were they supposed to go?[break]
"The council knows that I'm being targeted by the triad, but when I asked what that meant, when I wanted to know if I was in danger and who they were, they wouldn't tell me. They said it was for my safety," Yuina spoke then, frustration mounting again.[break][break]
"I found out eventually, not because any of them thought it necessary to tell me, but because Doug and I were attacked by them in the chasm, and they wanted to take me. 'For my safety' put me, and him, in more danger because they never gave me a chance to be prepared," she seethed over the memory in particular, the Triad's threats over them both, trying to kill him to get to her... She hated the memory, how heavy the idea of losing him, even back then, weighed.[break][break]
"And now all of this? The council hiding the injured civilians, the identities of the dead? And not letting anyone ask questions? Is there anyone that we can actually trust?"

notes[break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing