awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 3:08:55 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

As more leads join PROJECT SAPPHIRE, he can now focus on speaking with the Avatars and shard carriers. He wanted to emphasize these encounters, as the director of the whole program. After all, the whole thing fell apart without their Avatars. And he's sure AQUA would lament missing out on potential weaknesses or combined strategies between their heaviest hitters.

He found himself moving into the museum, his appointment with set a couple of weeks ago and rescheduled after the unfortunate events of the State of the Region. and the rest of the HBIC were running themselves ragged trying to figure out where all the terrorists had gone. He still had a weird feeling about it all. It hadn't gone away yet. Something that made him uneasy. But that was a conversation for him and Gunner. Now his focus was Celebi's favored.

The information center man leads him closer to the backrooms and offices. He looks up, idly looking over the few exhibits they passed. How long had it been since he'd visited a museum. His archeology dreams seems so far away. Paxton blinked and forced the thought away, reminding himself of his slow going, but still important progress. Part time schooling wasn't that bad. And he was a workaholic. He was doing just fine with that and everything else was shoving onto his plate.

The Deputy held back a sigh before looking at the man stop in front of an office with a name plate on it. He gave a nod, knocking thrice on the old wooden door and waiting for the ok to enter.

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 1:12:35 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

The meeting initially had been set, much to Yuina's dismay. She'd thought it best to at least accept a meeting in regards to this 'sapphire' to be cordial and professional at a minimum, but ultimately... She had no inclination to take any action. As fortunate misfortune might have had it, the meeting continued to get rescheduled and pushed back given everything that was taking place... To a point that despite it's presence on her calendar, it was the farthest thing from Yuina's addled mind.[break][break]
Now after the first clashes of war ripped through the region, it all still was of little concern to Yuina... Especially when she wanted to hide away from the idea that nothing was her own, that she was nothing more than a puppet... Instead, she had something she could focus on, something she could cling to with relentless fervor and not let go. The golden Pokémon that were appearing in the region were her focus, anything was better than staring at the corner of a room waiting for that black panel to appear to her again.[break][break]
Amidst open books, carefully photo copied pages, notes scrawled in haphazard mixtures of written word and the characters of a dead language, Yuina was in her office. Pouring over a section in a book she held in her arms, glasses hanging by her ears and carefully working on a series of translations, she wouldn't have heard the knocking on her door if she hadn't been walking by just then to move towards a bookshelf. She started, clutching the open book to her chest, she wasn't expecting any visitors and Doug was still resting... Or at least she hoped, he should be after all...[break][break]
The door creaked open after a quiet moment, and Yuina stood in the doorway, one hand on the doorknob and the other arm holding an open book against her chest. Amber eyes cast in a tired, empty, thousand yard stare blinked before she registered who it was standing just outside...[break][break]
"Officer Concordas..."

notes[break]
Reflavor: Just after Battle of Sootopolis[break]
Bingo: SAPPHIRE[break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 23:06:53 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Ms. Higashi, good morning." He said giving the museum employee a once over. There's not much registering at the moment. He says nothing letting her catch up from her SPACE out, and instead looking over at the office space behind her. It was cluttered, almost like an earthquake had shaken everything up. He waited another moment, finally speaking up when Yuina didn't.

"I'm here for our PROJECT SAPPHIRE meeting." he stated, placid smile spreading on his face. "I don't want to interrupt whatever research you're doing on the floor at this moment. Would you like to speak elsewhere in the building? Preferably somewhere we can speak in confidence."

It seemed like he had no intention of rescheduling the meeting, no matter the state Yuina was in. She was working, which meant she was in a perfectly acceptable state for the discussion. "Or if it is your office, I can help you move some textbooks." A generous offer, but he really needed to get through this meeting. It was long overdue.

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - space

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 0:08:13 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Addled, tumultuous thoughts were already running rampant in her head, she couldn't stop her running consciousness for anything, and she didn't want to... But understanding who it was standing in front of her, her memory flashed to ruby blood spilled on the ground, her own hands covered in that of the one she tried to spare... Her gaze narrowed behind her glasses, but still she was too tired, too weary for much else.[break][break]
"I wouldn't like to interrupt the research I'm working on either...," she returned, and for a moment she thought they were in agreement... But he didn't budge. She supposed this would have to happen at one point or another, or should she just tell him no outright and get back to what she was doing...?[break][break]
"Remind me again, what this Project Sapphire is," she spoke after a moment, turning away from the door to her office. She didn't gesture to invite him in... but it was at least an implication that he could come into her office if he was set on this meeting taking place after all. She should at least hear what he had to say one last time so that she could make one final, informed decision, she wouldn't be a very good academic if she couldn't at least do that much.

notes[break]
Bingo: RUBY[break]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 0:39:16 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

He nodded picking up where she trailed off. "I find an online calendar helps me best to keep track of appointments." he said, his eyes still looking over her books with vague interest, but not making a move just yet. He waited until Yuina went back inside, moving in carefully and closing the door behind him. Then, he set to the task of moving through the message of perfectly arranged books to keep from disturbing them.

He's quiets she spoke, eyes on the floor as he looked for the best way forward before expertly stepping through like a cat making it's way through rough ground. Finally, he sits in an unoccupied chair in front of her desk. He then moved his folder to his lap and pulled out a small packet of PROJECT SAPPHIRE's proposal. He carefully laid it over papers and books for her before closing the folder and letting her look it over a moment.

"PROJECT SAPPHIRE a research initiative in collaboration with the AQUA Initiative, intent on studying Avatars, favored, and shard holders. The aim is to observe the changes Legendary pokemon can have on humans, especially after the PRIMEVAL incident."

He lets that hang in the air before continuing. "Our organization mostly runs on volunteer efforts and offers small monetary compensation for their efforts as well as connections to many knowledgeable League personnel for mentoring, like our pokemon PROFESSORS. We also offer an array of mental wellness resources for volunteers."

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - professor

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 1:07:42 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Where Yuina might have hoped that if she'd turned back she would find her office empty once more... Instead she heard footsteps behind her on the old hardwood, the sound of a chair shifting just slightly. She sighed, but her focus was split again as she moved through her office, glancing at pages and making notes in a notebook she had laid across open pages of the book in her arms.[break][break]
Yuina glanced through her glasses as a series of papers were laid out on her desk, on top of the things she was working on. He certainly was making himself comfortable.[break]
And then he went on, a scripted and rehearsed definition she was sure, and what a generous way it was all put just to call someone a science experiment... And all because a small, emerald green sprite chose to come to her on that ship...[break][break]
She almost wanted to laugh at the mention of the many 'knowledgeable league personnel' she would suddenly have access to, the very ones that she could think of that she had already been referred to or met at one point or another. The only one she had met of her own volition it seemed was Mr. Silph, at least she didn't have any qualms with him yet.[break][break]
"And it is because of the Pokémon Celebi, that we're here today, correct," she spoke after a moment, where she had not yet sat down at her desk. She wanted to clarify, wanted to hear him say it, that that was all the meeting was in regards to. She wasn't going to deny that the sprite was with her, she couldn't have ever been sure who did or did not see him on that ship, or who might have seen him again in the midst of Sootopolis. What she wanted to make sure of was that Celebi and his presence was the only reason that Paxton was visiting at all...

notes[break]
Bingo: EMERALD[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 1:56:35 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton pulled out a notepad and pen, beginning to jot down notes, mainly looking around her books with interest before back to Yuina. "Partially." he said with a small nod. "You're what I call favored. Not quite avatar, but not without an otherworldly eye on you." he began. "We want to monitor the effects of Legendary pokemon against humans." he explained, frowning as he broken down the concepts into something simpler and easier to explain. "This is to prevent another PRIMEVAL incident."

"In exchange for your time, PROJECT SAPPHIRE would allow you its vast scientific resources to continue your distortion research. Paradox pokemon and similar ANOMALIES have been a subject of study, particularly their syncing abilities." he said. "Additionally, I figured you could make good use of the wellness services we offer. in particular seemed worried for you." He frowned at this, sharing Genny's concerns over the woman.

Even if he didn't know her, and he time management was less than stellar, anybody blessed and burdened with a legendary pokemon was always in danger. "She mentioned you had lingering fears or worries, or had been for a while. That's why I made sure to highlight our specific programs on the back of the proposal packet."

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - anomaly

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 17:30:15 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

Yuina continued to glance at the myriad of pages she had pinned to various portions of the walls of her office, distant eyes flitting between the book she held and anything else that wasn't Paxton sitting on the other side of her desk. She stopped though for the moment, when he spoke again in answer to her question. And she listened.[break]
They wanted to monitor her? When she was already being watched... When she already knew that her choices weren't her own and this path set out for her could come to an end at any point? Her chest felt heavy, but he went on, speaking to her work, her research...[break][break]
The very idea of so many more hands in her life, in her work, in her identity, when she still didn't even know who she herself was... If her work was tied to their resources, would they scrutinize her research? Would she have to submit her findings? That she was looking for a voice calling out to her, and that she was working closely with a known rocket who had helped her develop the equipment that she used? Would they, if she didn't comply to something, withdraw those resources, say her work no longer belonged to her...?[break][break]
Who was she kidding? Nothing truly belonged to her...[break][break]
Yuina opened her mouth to contest, this was the turning point, she wanted nothing to do with this program, with having another layer of watchful eyes keeping her life in their radar... But then he spoke of . She what?[break][break]
"Thank you, Officer Paxton, for the offer of the program and its resources," Yuina spoke after a still, contemplative moment.[break]
"But respectfully, I won't be signing on," she returned, turning to face him then.[break][break]
"I can assure you Celebi's presence has not had any adverse affects or changes on me," a lie... But the sprite can't have had anything to do with the miniscule threads of space time she could feel at her fingertips?[break]
"I'm making strides in my Distortion Research and other studies with the resources I already have available," she couldn't risk her work being compromised or scrutinized... It was more private than anyone could truly understand.[break]
"And I appreciate your concern, and Genny's, but I am just adjusting now that the first wave of the war has receded, just like everyone else," she assured, but that one truly hurt the most... She could trust Genny in confidence, couldn't she...? Surely... Genny wouldn't have said anything compromising...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 23:20:53 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Respectfully, you don't have the means to know if Celebi is changing you." he said. She barely had the means to keep her own schedule. She continued on and Paxton held back a sigh. He looked around her office as she spoke. The mess on the floor, and the manic writings and post it notes everywhere. He recognized this sort of energy. Or, at the very least it felt familiar. A spiraling distraction from something much worse, barely staving it all off.

He thinks of , frowns slightly as he remembers the odd request he'd made. He wasn't a babysitter, he didn't take care of adults- but seeing the state of Yuina's office it'd make sense the Head Ranger worried so much. If he valued Ollie as a friend, he'd try his best to do it. Take care of her like he'd asked, or at least try to. "Yes, that is 's main reason for support but that's not the only issue. and have the right to be concerned." He drops his Commissioner's name, as he does every hard conversation he had to have. She'd been pleased with the direction SAPPHIRE had taken, and he strived to CAPTURE anyone he could under it.

He turns to another page in his folder, flipping some notes. He was nothing if not well prepared. “You're now a target for the DRK Triad. Ever since the DESOLATE LAND incident where was nearly killed, there has been a relentless hunting of avatars and possible avatars alike." And they were such a pain to kill. Even those who were felled, their comrades took every body back. He doubted it had anything to do with camaraderie.

"I urge you reconsider. Especially as the process is simple. A few physicals to establish a baseline with yourself and Celebi won't take much of your time, and then specific evaluations to check for any changes in disposition or physicality." he explained. He moved to another page, annoyingly well prepared. But this was simply a conversation he had needed to have so many other times with other personnel. Honestly, he should delegate someone to do this, but it would seem more genuine if the director himself showed.

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - capture

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 15:16:39 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

All at once Yuina felt like they had skipped the part where this was an option that she had the capability to decline, and beelined straight for this was non negotiable all because a green sprite decided that it wanted to tag along with her at no one's behest.[break]
She'd just started to make ammends with Celebi, she didn't want another reason to slip into resentment... But none of this was his fault, none of this was truly his doing... She couldn't let the organization that was beginning to see her as nothing more than a science experiment get in between her and the sprite.[break][break]
"Alright, they have a right to be concerned. Is that to say that I don't have a right to decide whether or not I become involved," Yuina spoke then, she wasn't denying that her friends should be concerned, but the fact that he continued to add more names? Like he was trying to use them as leverage?[break][break]
Then he spoke of the Drk Triad... And she wondered who had mentioned it to him, which way he was told of her encounter with that Naganadel... She wasn't a part of the program but they were monitoring her just fine already it seemed... What else would she have to give up if she'd actually said yes?[break][break]
"Officer Concordas," Yuina returned, facing him, biting her tongue as he moved around another set of papers in the folder that she had already grown so much distaste for.[break]
"Is this program optional," she asked plainly. Was she all of a sudden under some hidden obligation to sign herself away because the sprite Celebi who was not sanctioned to her and came to her of his own volition was still present with her? Would she be forced? Was everyone who came into contact with this echelon of Pokemon expected to enter the program without a second thought?

notes[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 23:22:21 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Yuina spoke up in response and Paxton can only blink, not quite understanding what she was asking. Luckily she continued, allowing him time to process her words. But she only serves to confuse further. Years of professionalism keep him from blurting out with JUDGEMENT 'Did you not hear what I just read you?'. He blinked again, saying instead, "It's a volunteer effort in symbiosis with AQUA."

They'd scheduled an hour of time for this and he had intended to use it as space for discussion. So far, it felt like he was hitting a wall. Nothing really stuck. He thinks about his prior conversations with others, closing the folder and resting it on his lap. "Ms. Higashi, what are your actual concerns?" he asked, teal eyes lifting from his papers one final time and staring back at her. Nothing in that folder would help him,. He'd have to figure out the issue by himself.

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - judgement 

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 0:34:21 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

If it was a volunteer effort and she had already made her stance perfectly clear, she wondered why they were still having the conversation at all. The more Paxton pushed, and the less inclined she became, Yuina wondered if it was truly a volunteer effort.[break][break]
And yet he persisted still, the folder closed and for a brief moment Yuina thought it might be over, that he would accept she had no interest. Instead he doubled down.[break][break]
Her actual concerns? That she was already being watched? That her entire existence to him, to the league, was a lie? That her work and her research was self induldged in a frantic effort to answer questions about herself that she still hadn't come to conclusions to? That she didn't want to be another puppet, another shadow, on a path that she had no say in?[break][break]
"Can I take time to consider this on my own? Discuss with others," others that aren't you..., Yuina asked then. Her concerns were hers, and not concerns that she would share in such confidence. She didn't trust Paxton as much as she didn't trust herself...

notes[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 0:47:56 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton stared back, waiting. There's no response. It's very clear Yuina had already made her decision so he doesn't really care what she says about SAPPHIRE anymore. She's silent before asking her question. He nearly scoffed. How many times was he going to reschedule this meeting? "What are your concerns?" he repeated, content sitting in the chair. It's clear he wasn't getting up to leave.

"I scheduled and hour of time to have this discussion with you. You've since, attempted to cancel after I had arrived, asked one question about the program, and then implied SAPPHIRE is conscripting the people it works with" It was clear she hadn't read the pamphlet. "I'm not exactly sure why you think so poorly of it, so now I am asking you what your concerns are." Even with people who had refused, like Hideo or Genny, he'd spoken with them and tried to find some way to compromise. They hadn't even made it past SAPPHIRE's symopsis. Now his sales pitch has changed, and his careful eyes are set on Yuina instead of SAPPHIRE. It reminded him of . It was always so ironic those that despised the League the most, were most often the one deepest in bed with it.

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - im fREE

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,840 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 1:15:23 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]

She almost wanted to laugh... Yuina didn't think poorly of the program, it was that she thought so poorly of herself that she shouldn't be enshrined by something that was supposed to stand for the good of the region. They wouldn't be having this conversation if she'd had any decency at all within the last year to tell anyone that she was a lie, a shadow, that everything about Yuina Higashi was fabricated. But the longer she'd spent in this life, the deeper she dug herself into this grave, the further into the darkness she sank, there was no escape.[break]
She'd dug herself so deep that she was sure she would fall out the other side soon... And any hope of seeing the surface ever again would be a still born dream.[break][break]
"If we're being frank," Yuina spoke after a moment, after the admonishments he was so kind to share with her.[break]
"I never asked you to have this discussion with me. Just like I never asked for the Pokemon Celebi to come to me," the first truth, likely the only truth, that she would offer.[break][break]
"And in the wake of war, after just barely escaping with our lives from that prison, I've had little time to learn what that means to me," in a way, she felt like she was apologizing again to the sprite for circumstances that were beyond him, for circumstances that she couldn't hold anyone responsible for.[break]
"I would like the time to myself to understand these things, before I look to have others involved."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,665 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
watchful eyes [sapphire]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 1:53:57 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"You agreed to the meeting and the time." he said simply. "We scheduled this due to protocol your Commissioner approved of. If you had any misgivings about it, the professional action to take would've been to send an email explaining them." he said. He didn't have time to walk around it all with her. Then again, what did he expect from someone liked?

"Your personal relationship with Celebi doesn't matter to me." he stated, closing his eyes a moment. Rarely did he care about the inner workings of a god creature and their favorite person. What he cared was if they were an influence. If they were changing. All things he needed to see and track and make sure they don't devolve into something much worse. Lest they were tasked with killing the next avatar that went berserk. had been lucky that day most of the people that'd responded tried to get him to come back to his senses. Thank the Gods for Rayquaza and . "That's a bond I won't pretend SAPPHIRE can quantify."

He paused, mulling over her words. He lets them hang in the air, analyzing, dissecting, processing. He picks it apart and shuffled them around in his brain. He stares back at one sleep deprived researcher. He lets time pass, gathering his thoughts, before speaking up once more. "If I understand this correctly, you want to...reflect on the relationship you have built with Celebi?" He's not sure he's following. His main concern, this early in Celebi's budding relationship with Yuina was the physical examination. Deeper psychological exams could be set if that ever proved to be true. "Is that your only concern? I encourage you to speak plainly."

ooc: | a few days post state of the region adjusting to, had to push back due to war efforts now its post sootopolis raid | 6th anni prompt - im fREE

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing