Amaretta Irwin
she/her
thirty-four
march 15
Hearthome City, Sinnoh
lesbian
violinist & coordinator
grunt
there must be something strangely sacred in salt; it is in our tears and in the sea.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allegra
ALLEGRA BURNS
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2024 23:40:55 GMT
ALLEGRA BURNS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb allegra"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
i must go down to the seas again[break]to the lonely sea and the sky

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

As far as Allegra is concerned, this cavern is the loveliest place in all of Hoenn. Oh, to be sure, it faces stiff competition since the region boasts a wealth of breathtaking seascapes — and yet, there is something about this underwater sanctuary that she simply cannot find anywhere else; not even in the Water Routes, for all that she loves them.[break][break]

She takes her sweet time, then, to admire the sights and sounds of the caves. The reason they would be connected to a legendary Pokémon in the local myth and folklore is more than evident; even for a skeptic like her, it's all too easy to believe that this was the dwelling place of a living legend in ancient times. But then again, her skepticism has never applied to the wonders of the sea, has it?[break][break]

Smiling to herself, Allegra signals for her Milotic to swim onwards, which he does with slow elegance to let her continue enjoying the scenery. While Adagio is willing to carry his Trainer and move on command, ever-patient with her whims, the Primarina has already disappeared into the depths of the cavern. Not that the violinist blames her: Where Cadenza would have once been her inseparable companion, she herself drew away from the Soloist Pokémon in the wake of her fallout with the... Fisk Conglomerate. The matter of her own vocal issues was still raw (as it is now, if she's honest), and it became difficult for her to even be in Cadenza's presence for a long time; too long a time. If there is anything Allegra regrets, it is that: Their relationship has never fully recovered.[break][break]

Yet that is all years in the past and her Primarina is still dear to her, as she is to it; else it would not be with her at all. She ought to be enjoying the scenery and — perhaps more importantly — there is another human just ahead. Adagio halts and bows his head without the need for her to ask him to do so. He knows her well.[break][break]

“My,” is all Allegra says at first, her expression difficult to read even though she's smiling at the other woman. “I didn't expect to meet anyone else in this secluded place. Are you perhaps also a lover of the oceans?”

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".allegra"]--accent: #008080!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #008080; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb a"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:var(--accent); font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 0:49:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was time for Shalin to stop putting it off. If she wanted to grow stronger, she needed not only the battle experience to defend Petalburg, but the tools to do so. had once shared with her the existence of a fantastic "water temple" in the depths of the SEAFLOOR CAVERN. Filled with treasure of a bygone age, he and had cleared only the front half of it out. The back half remained untouched, and who better than one of Hoenn's greatest explorers, , to document and plunder its dangerous, labyrinthine tunnels!

Shalin, too, was taken by surprise to another Milotic ferrying the female closer to such dangers. "Could say much the same of you," the Captain replied as Levy's tail surfaced with the girl sitting on it. Most rode a Milotic just behind the neck -- wasn't sitting on the serpentine's Pokémon tiring best case, dangerous worst case?

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Levy          Milotic        Good
Shabraz       Sharpedo       Good

close tab

played by

ranya

Amaretta Irwin
she/her
thirty-four
march 15
Hearthome City, Sinnoh
lesbian
violinist & coordinator
grunt
there must be something strangely sacred in salt; it is in our tears and in the sea.
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allegra
ALLEGRA BURNS
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 1:49:41 GMT
ALLEGRA BURNS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Now there was a sight that Allegra never thought she'd see: The other woman was riding a Milotic of her own, but she was perched atop its tail rather than behind its neck. Even Adagio was taken aback, his long form rippling beneath her as he shifted position, then let out a slight noise akin to a polite inquiry. That being the case, Allegra decided not to mention the matter herself. If both she and her Pokémon brought it up to their respective counterparts, it might well seem rude.[break][break]

“I suppose you could,” she said instead, her eyes sparkling with amusement. “But as I said, I am a lover of the sea and these caverns are simply amazing.” Perhaps she hadn't needed to reiterate that. Even her appearance brought to mind the ocean's depths, after all (and her mother, but she tried not to think of that and simply take pleasure in this aesthetically pleasing coincidence). All the same, she would never pass up a chance to declare her love for the saltwater. "What of you, madam? Are you an archaeologist? Or perhaps a professor?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #008080; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb a"]font: 500 14px/15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:var(--accent); font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 2:20:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The diving bubbles between the two Milotic were all that let Allegra and Shalin communicate underwater. Shalin swayed back and forth with Levy's tail as the water-type swam in place. "I've heard a lot of stories about them, but this is my first time coming down here myself," the girl admitted. "Captain Shalin Nariya, Petalburg, and these two are Levy and Shabraz," she gave the Milotic a pat before gesturing toward the Sharpedo swimming behind her. Both wore saddles, but the Milotic's was vacant from the Ranger sitting on the tail.

Was she some kind of crazy thrill seeker? The muscles powering that tail were very strong, and could easily fling an inexperienced trainer off. The bent her Sygna Suit gave her was made her one heck of a wildcard.

"I'm actually here because a cache of Sharpedonite was discovered inside ancient ruins deep within the Seafloor Cavern last year. Supposedly the back half's unexplored. You with me?" Little did she realize how dangerous the aquatic ruins would be...!

NOTE: This thread takes place prior to The First Wave.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

ranya

Amaretta Irwin
she/her
thirty-four
march 15
Hearthome City, Sinnoh
lesbian
violinist & coordinator
grunt
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allegra
ALLEGRA BURNS
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 2:43:49 GMT
ALLEGRA BURNS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Allegra's gaze lingered upon the vacant saddle, and she felt the sudden keen urge to ask why on Arceus' green earth this girl hadn't at the very least moved it. This looked dreadfully unsafe, to the extent that merely looking was enough to make her nervous. Still, judgement was terribly unbecoming; this strange arrangement clearly worked for the pair, and so it wasn't any of her business. She looked away, downwards, and stroked the scales of her Milotic.[break][break]

“Well, I hope you're enjoying the experience,” was all that Allegra said, with sincerity despite her misgivings. “Oh my, a Ranger? Quite the noble career path. I'm Allegra Burns, a coordinator, and this —” she gestured towards her own Milotic, “— is Adagio. It's a pleasure, Shalin, and of course Levy and Shadraz.”[break][break]

As the woman went on, though, her calm demeanor gave way first to curiosity and then to alarm. Not on her own behalf, no, as much as on Cadenza's. Surely the Primarina would know better than to go that far in alone, though... Surely.[break][break]

“Are you quite sure it's safe for an... exploration party to consist of so few people?” Allegra asked, remaining composed thanks to her many years of experience. “Although, even if it is, I have never ventured into ruins before... I will accompany you as I must reunite with my Primarina — but I can't guarantee that I will go all the way.”

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 3:42:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The shark's demeanor was calm, unlike most of her kind: a sign that she was well-behaved. It was wondrous what Captains could do with Pokémon known for being predators. "I am!" she chirped back. "I get a lot of questions about it; before I was a captain, I used to call myself Hoenn's wildest Pokémon rider!" The Milotic thrust Shalin with a powerful swish of his tail to demonstrate, the green-ette looking as talented as a cowgirl at a Unovan rodeo.

"Great to meet you too, Allegra,"
she continued, Shabraz swimming next to Shalin and making a circle around Allegra. "I have a lot of respect for coordinators. The only type of Pokémon Contest I've ever entered was a Pokémon race, at the Mauville Leader's request. The kid who leads that Gym is an animal. I don't know how he does it."

The veteran explorer didn't seem concerned by the size of the party at all. "Remember, we're not just two people. We're two people and our Pokémon. Let's head on in!" Leading the way through the tunnel, a grin on her face as Levy's tail swished her about, the two surfaced inside the ruin. The biggest feature that jumped out at Shalin was how large it was: a central tower three stories high, surrounded by doors, tunnels, and other entrances on all four sides. Terastal, sapphire-like gemstones emitted a blue light that made it possible to see without that of a flashlight or Pokémon.

"Thankfully, the Rangers provided me with a map of the known part of this place. That way, we shouldn't get too lost until we head for the unknown parts. They said we might need some fast water Pokémon to navigate the place, too."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

ranya

Amaretta Irwin
she/her
thirty-four
march 15
Hearthome City, Sinnoh
lesbian
violinist & coordinator
grunt
awards
12 posts
part of
TAG WITH @allegra
ALLEGRA BURNS
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2024 4:20:09 GMT
ALLEGRA BURNS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Allegra simply nodded in agreement at first, though when the other Milotic decided that a demonstration was in order she only just managed to keep her surprise — and the stab of fear that went through her — from showing. If not for her many years of experience in maintaining perfect composure, she might well have shrieked at that sight. If nothing else it was clear that Shalin had a talent for this, and Levy too seemed to be enjoying himself. For her part, the coordinator stroked Adagio's head once more; whether to calm him or herself, she wasn't sure.[break][break]

“You've more than earned the right to call yourself that,” was Allegra's only comment, with a small smile that widened as they went on to discuss coordination. “Why, thank you. I've never considered Pokemon Contests to be all that difficult, myself, but I have always had a talent for the arts. I enjoy them greatly.” She made no mention of how a thing as simple as her enjoyment was a form of defiance, let alone to how merely participating in contests was a way to regain her agency. In fact, she banished all thoughts of her family as soon as they surfaced. “I can't say I'm familiar with the Mauville City Gym. What do you mean by... an animal, exactly?”[break][break]

She would much rather have stayed here and kept up amiable conversation, yet Shalin was already leading the way into the ruins. Resigned, Allegra spurred her own mount to follow, though the Ranger's reassurance had done nothing to assuage her concerns. Even with their Pokémon the party was still small, with only six members — and that was counting the presently absent Cadenza.[break][break]

For all her worry, though, Allegra had to admit that she was impressed by the ruins. She craned her neck this way and that, taking in every detail of the gorgeous architecture and showing her awe openly, if discreetly. “I will have to compose a song in honor of this place,” she murmured, more to Adagio than to Shalin, only half-listening to the latter's words.[break][break]

“Yes, I assumed you had a map,” Allegra said, absently, her eyes still on the towers. They were marvelous, so much so that even the implication that Shalin would have led her here without a map didn't phase her. It barely even registered. “This place... It must have been here that a legendary Pokémon dwelt, if the stories are true.”[break][break]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2024 0:26:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Everyone had their talents. Shalin's was in befriending Pokémon, sometimes in unusual ways. Several of her Pokémon she had caught by ambushing them from above, mounting them while still wild, and fighting to wear them out. Many wild Pokémon respected the strength of trainers who could tussle with them -- even predators like Sharpedo. She still remembered the sting of Shabraz trying to buck her off. And now the Sharpedo was one of her main aquatic Pokémon. "So Mauville Gym is run by my friend from Johto, . We moved to Hoenn together about two years ago. He has a talent for riding Pokémon, too, but we couldn't be more different. He loves going fast. Really fast. Race car fast. That's what his Gym is all about, too. I tried taking his challenge once, and I couldn't even take it. I got dizzy after the first lap around one of his tracks." It didn't help that the race was Iron Leaves versus Iron Boulder, Josh about to much better handle the paradox Sword's hoof thrusters much better than she could.

Though Shalin only had six Pokémon with her, Allegra had a team of her own. That was more than enough to keep them safe in the Captain's eyes. Though she didn't have a physical map, and the duo were too far underground to get cell phone signal, running her phone in local mode let her view it without being connected to RangerNet. "Ranger technology is something else," she mused as she showed her companion the map of the four-level ruins. It seemed the only parts that hadn't been cleaned out were to the north. Withdrawing her Milotic and Sharpedo, Shalin released the second one on dry land. Mounting it at an awkward angle, Shabraz made a single flailing motion to express her discomfort and need to get back underwater.

"I'm sure we'll find out," Shalin smiled, gesturing toward the water's surface one story beneath them. "Ready to dive?" It was more a warning than a question, an AQUA JET from the dark-type's rear sending the Captain over the precipice and splashing into the water ten feet below.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[DW] temple of the seas
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2024 1:33:02 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CORSOLA APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LUCKY CHANT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIKE CANNON
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @allega

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARAQUANID APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INFESTATION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven