evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2019 9:20:36 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Poppins|Kanit|Russo+One]

Evan Fader is a little like a ghost made out of cotton candy, his laughter is sweet to the ears and his presence feather light. A spirit on the wind floating from one thing to the next without a care in the world. A locked out stray that has chosen to own the world he calls home and carries himself like he belongs anywhere and everywhere, because as far as he is concerned he doesn't belong anywhere at all so he might as well feel at home beneath the open sky.

evanfader

Evan is the sort of individual that most never learn much about but feel like they're the best of friends no matter how long they go without speaking. This is in large part caused by how incredibly friendly Evan is, very much a talker and a lover of questions and tall tales, no matter what kind. He is undeniably positive and caring, supportive and most definitely a bit of a mother hen when you need one even if you didn't ask for it. Though his way of handling things isn't always what people expect his capacity for respect and understanding and patience rarely ever loses in a test of endurance. Even when you're certain you've ruined a relationship with him he somehow manages to rub it off like it's not that big of a deal. For some this almost impenetrable demeanor is unsettling and to others he is an anchor worthy of being tethered to for life.

So long as you can swim through the sea of forgetfulness and scatter brained behavior. He's always had difficulties with his memories and it can take time for even the most important of things to sink in or even little things like names. His brain knows it's somewhere he just has to figure out where. Throw in a side of confidence and nonchalance mixed with a little bit of fearlessness and you have a man who borderlines on the kind of recklessness that people get called insane over. There's almost nothing that stops him and even when fear bubbles up he finds it to be more reason to move forward than to not. It doesn't help he has both the mental and emotional aptitude and his body is more than capable of keeping up with this kind of behavior. His particular brand of carefree recklessness tends towards ridiculous and hair raising results when left to his own devices.

plotpoints[break][break]

The Stray: more here
[break][break]
As the owner and barkeep of the Stray Evan will be spending a lot of his evenings and afternoons either in the area or at the Stray itself working. He's got a small crew, enough to keep the place running but they aren't really meant for a huge amount of employees. When it comes to the Stray I'm looking for a combination of things and those that are passing through will always be welcome. The place is also technically a Tavern so they do have rooms on the upper floor alongside food and spirits around late lunch, and dinner before going full bar past 11pm!
[break][break]
You are welcome to start a thread with the barkeep at any time if you're looking for a good chatter thread for your character! Evan is a talker and pretty friendly with his patrons.
[break][break]
You are also welcome to make a thread in the Stray and ping the barkeep's account at any given time to make a cameo mixing your drinks, chat a little and leave! He doesn't have to be super involved in your thread by I like the idea of him peaking in on things to create that feel of owner/barkeep flitting around the dining room and bar!
[break][break]
I am looking for people to play the part of employees, regulars, travelers staying at the tavern and even a few 'residents' or 'strays' that use the place as their home base! Said individuals will be expected to help around by busing tables, doubling as servers, helping clean or repair things as applicable and other help around the stray to pay off their room and board instead of paying with coin in the spirit of the Stray's history.
[break][break]
Honestly just feel free to abuse this as an excuse to have threads and ping me I'm super chill about it okay.

[break][break]

For rockets especially | roughly ages 20-25 (between 8 and 13 years ago)
[break][break]
Evan had a 5 year stint where he dipped his toes into the not so savory parts of humanity. This was caused in one part by his morbid curiosity and mild want to explore his own less than saintly side and the fact it gave him access to resources for research into his people's history across the regions. Though they existed information about them is hard to find due to how long it's been since they left the known regions behind for Orre. During this time Evan discovered he's not just a good thief he is an exceptional one. During this time he became a part of a group of thieves known as the Uroboros. They were on headlines across the regions for their showmanship and general over the top antics that covered up their high stake heists and their ability to not get caught even while all eyes were on them. As time wore on they did jobs for other organizations/individuals with their main currency being information of all kinds. They became a notable source of info and thievery services before Evan disappeared one day and never came back which eventually led to the break down of the Uroboros.
[break][break]
I'm up for playing around with this, maybe some individuals that know of them even though they've fallen to the wayside considering recent events or have perhaps worked with the others since and somehow find their way to evan. Or maybe someone needing some piece of information that was left in Evan's hands when he left and they somehow track it to the Uroboros and figure him out. Idk, I just feel like with the current state of rocket it could be fun to play with especially with things like the Type:nulls that got distributed. There's also the possibility to try and take advantage of how unsettled he's been by the god encounters which have led to him wondering about the loose threads he left behind with all that.
[break][break]
And old enough character could also either have been a part of the Uroboros or worked with them in the past on a job or something and while Evan has drastically changed his appearance and demeanor since then it's still possible for them to feel like there's something familiar about him.

[break][break]

Atticus Maine: The pen name
[break][break]
In his 20 years of travel Evan has met a lot of people and spoken with a lot of different tribes and the like, his notes on all of them are expansive to say the least as writing makes it easier for him to remember.
[break][break]
In the last 7 years he's moved forward with using this information and his overall experience and reputation to begin compiling stories of various kinds from people across the known regions into a series of books called the 'Preservation series'. The goal is to reawaken the old lore and revive an interest in it by exposing it to the public as a whole from a different angle than academia or museums do. His stories are directly from the source and authentically in their words as possible with an extra dose of charm from the general life stories mixed in to make the urban legends, sighting and over all lore revolving around pokemon and myths and legends feel real and relatable. Evan goes to great lengths to make it seem more like a story from your grandma and less like a story from an old dusty book in a classroom.
[break][break]
He has a reputation for going out of his way to be respectful to those who are involved in his books and redirects a portion of his pay out for them back to them, same with any articles that he ends up writing for magazines and the like because of his books. Another portion goes into an account to be used for various philanthropic activities down the line (and to support himself when needed). Though most of this reputation is tucked away and people respect his requests to be hush hush about it the reputation often precedes him at the very least.
[break][break]
As such I would love a few people that can either have been help in the writings for his books in the past or a relative/their people were someone he's spoken with before. He works pretty closely with these people when he writes the books so even if they aren't directly familiar with him their family would have talked with him pretty extensively before! Also people that have probably read his articles or other wise been associated with his work in the past or something that maybe track him down now that he's in one place and not moving around so much?
[break][break]
Bonus points for the fact they probably really are't expecting a side shaved, pierced, tattooed dude that smiles and laughs too much.

[break][break]
Back plotting/The traveler
[break][break]
Evan has been on the road for 20+ years and even during his less than savory stint he's regularly on the move. He's met a lot of people and seen a lot of faces. It's not uncommon for him to move around and make a point to go to certain places when he wonders through a region to check up on people. It'd be really awesome to have a handful of people that he's come across before and even if they're on the younger side he could have always come across their parents/family in the past and that's how they know each other. Either way there's a lot of options for back plotting with him and you are welcome to abuse them! His specific traveling time frame isn't super set in stone and I would prefer to set it in stone via on site plots of this kind and will note adjustments as they come.

[break][break]
Other specific relationship wants
[break][break]
While Evan has a lot of experience with people on the surface he's never truly been close to people. Even during his Uroboros stint he never really let those people in any more than he has anyone else. To put it lightly the man's got some baggage on his shoulders that keeps him from being comfortable getting too close to people and his vagrant life style has only supported that since it made it easy to pack up and book it when things got a little scary. Now that he's stuck in one place he can't really do that and it puts him in a perfect position to actually get intimately close with the people around him and maybe even enough to let some of his best kept secrets unravel.
[break][break]
I'm not necessarily looking for people for him to unload on because he's not really that type, but rather people for him to actually have close relationships with and people for him to be more than just 'friends' with. People that actually end up around him enough to learn his habits and favorite things and reciprocate the same love and care he gives and maybe break down some of his self destructive walls. Evan closes himself off in a lot a ways because he firmly believes he has no place being close to people and he needs to work on that- something he can't do without people genuinely wanting to be close to him.

In a more general over view, most relationships with Evan are decidedly positive because he makes them so and he's rarely what people expect at first glance as they get to know him more. He's a fun loving goof with a bit of a memory issue and loves people and the world as a whole. If someone's negative or assholish he tends to go out of his way to be the opposite and will ultimately take their bullshit in stride which could be fun to play out with more abrasive characters.
[break][break]
When it comes to younger character she tends to go pretty fast into mother hen mode because that's how he is and easily becomes a parental/sibling like figure that is always available for advice or a shoulder to lean on when needed. Despite his very awkward experience with humanity as a whole he's actually very good with kids. Well really he just tends to be good with people because he accepts and treats them as they are rather than something they are not. He's affectionate but not physically and is more likely to dish out compliments and affirmations of pride and approval. He's the kind of person that builds up the people around him.
[break][break]
He's pretty well open to most options and I'm always up for a thread even if I seem like i may not be. You're welcome to ping me in missions or social threads or even duo wilds without prior approval on my part. I may take a moment but I will answer surprise threads in the same gusto I do planned ones as I don't have any problem at all with them!

Since I know ya'll gonna ask about this specifically- Evan very strictly does not have nor want a love life for a variety of reasons. This ranges from the fact that he's never really been close to someone one a personal level (and he's pretty content to leave things that way) to his unhealthy relationship with physical touch and affection. It's a problem on both ends of the spectrum and frankly leaves him a little fucked up when he's been touched too much. For other reasons that I will let come to light between him and the appropriate characters through threads Evan has been celibate for the last 7/8 years with intentions to stay that way.
[break][break]
However I do welcome characters that pose a problem for him because he's actually pretty flirtatious. It's easily written off as just how he talks though (because it's a lot of joking, teasing and otherwise trying to get a rise out of the other person) and is strictly directed at people he knows to be in his age range (late twenties and early thirties) and he generally avoids things that could come off that way with anyone else. People that actually take his jests and mild flirting as being flirtatious could be fun because he's used to it going over people's heads and might actually get a little uncomfortable with someone actively being flirty back at him.
[break][break]
As an added note the feat of an actual relationship of some kind is currently being tackled by Lars, success is up in the air and we're gonna see how they pan out because lars has the potential to be a good match for him but Evan's also a pain in the ass with this stuff so who knows :'D

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 16:15:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
Does Lars qualify he’s 28 I guess

Look.

My salty Ranger boy needs a frequent place to drink at, and seeing that his favorite bar in Mauville’s closed, he’s taken to looking around other cities. Ironically he finds the place and, say, becomes a frequent visitor when he’s not on-duty.

Like, someone to talk with and all that?

Or maybe so much more I don’t know up to you
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 18:42:19 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

Pls come to the bar all the time oAo he needs chatting buddies if nothing else and i'm open to seeing if something more comes of his visits

It seems like lars could probably use someone in life like evan right now anyway with some of his recent developments in his relationships (that i know of) so regardless they may be a good pair for each other in some way lol

So yes pls and we'll see how they do

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 17:02:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
Obvs with the way the current nightmare event thread is unravelling, I’d say the thread in the Stray takes place way before the shit show happened? XD

Either way I’m fine with whatever arrangement~
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2019 2:34:09 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Laurence Anderson Avatar
Obvs with the way the current nightmare event thread is unravelling, I’d say the thread in the Stray takes place way before the shit show happened? XD

Either way I’m fine with whatever arrangement~

agreed. mostly because I like the idea of a before nightmare then after nightmare thread 8D
close tab

played by

Vampire Rora

Pink Princess
she/her/herself
October 31
Lumiose City
Hetro
Mistress of the Dark
Grunt
Sick one with a smile
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora
Natsuki Ryuunosuke
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 23:44:05 GMT
Natsuki Ryuunosuke Avatar

NATSUKI &

I feel like Natsuki would get along wonderful with Evan so long as she left out that tiny little detail about being a Rocket member. No doubt she would attempt to bring -drag- him along to events she might like to try, especially if the two got to dress up!
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 6:37:29 GMT
evan fader Avatar

yes please <3 I have a feeling the two of them could totally be event/fair buddies kind of thing especially since they both get into it and down the road I could see him inviting her personally to events at the Stray as he's likely to hold them on occasion. He'll enjoy her enthusiasma lot.

And even if he some how found out she was a rocket member it wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world. He'd want more context to go off of and it'd be more of a for real discussion about the matter than instant dislike. But that's a bridge to cross when we get there probably?

close tab

played by

Vampire Rora

Pink Princess
she/her/herself
October 31
Lumiose City
Hetro
Mistress of the Dark
Grunt
Sick one with a smile
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora
Natsuki Ryuunosuke
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 20:09:43 GMT
NATSUKI &

Natsuki calling even at 4 am with super excitment because she found a couple costume that she wants him to do with her for this up coming event because he has the figure to pull it off! she would totally be down to join just about everything he hosted so long as she got to go all out in dressing up for it.

if the time came for her to finally -have- to talk about it, she would probably be a little awkward with him at first, avoid the whole topic and such. pull the whole " i have no idea what your talking about silly"

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 23:16:40 GMT
evan fader Avatar

Let's be real, he's probably wide awake at 4am anyway and could totally use the distraction from whatever he's working himself to death over anyway. She can totally chat his ear off on speaker phone wile he's doing paper work in the wee hours and keep him from losing his sanity over his own signature lol I wouldn't put it past him to do a lot of themed events at the stray which would give her lots of chances! Watch her become like, an expected feature at his events by the regulars and them being all sad when the excitable pink haired lady isn't there for some reason.

D'aww luckily he wouldn't pressure her he'd genuinely want to know what was going on with her because it's more important to him than the fact she's in with not so great peeps. If it ever happens he'd be super genuine and gentle with the conversation.

close tab

played by

Vampire Rora

Pink Princess
she/her/herself
October 31
Lumiose City
Hetro
Mistress of the Dark
Grunt
Sick one with a smile
awards
125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora
Natsuki Ryuunosuke
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 6:11:20 GMT
NATSUKI &

Natsuki would love it ! we should start a social thread for natsuki to drop in and smother him with event and costume ideas haha

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2019 20:36:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
&

Back when he was working for the International Police, and living in Rustboro, I could see Thomas as having been a regular at the bar, perhaps around the time Evan took over the bar. Though after being forced to resign from Interpol, and moving to Verdanturf with his girlfriend, Thomas would've stopped coming around as often as he did. But at certain points, he could visit for old times sake.

Even as a cop, Thomas was rather lax on certain issues, and would've been willing to shoot the shit with Evan, or whoever else was tending to the bar at the time.
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 3:26:51 GMT
evan fader Avatar

I am down!
Let me know if you wanna start or if i should.

I would love him having been a regular and coming around still <# Evan's had the stray for about a year (since last year's summer) and probably saw plenty of him prior to him moving and would be happy to welcome him back whenever he can make it. He's pretty nonchalant about cops and would be pretty interested in any stories he has to tell and and I could see them probably being really chatty over a drink or two whenever he swings by. Depending on what kind of stories he shares they might make him one of evan's favorite regulars even.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2019 4:13:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
so Toto is a young trainer just getting her start. She's also a sheltered kid who had never been to mainland Hoenn until she started her gym challenge. That is to say she doesn't know her way around anywhere, how to use most of the systems the bigger towns and cities have, and has a good chance of stumbling into his tavern on accident looking the mess she is.

I don't know if Evan's tavern houses trainers under the drinking age, but either way Toto probably comes knocking out of desperation after dark -- not keen on roughing it another night but having no idea how to get to any other hotels or figure out trainer housing at the Pokemon Center. She's a nice girl, small town polite, so maybe that's enough to charm her way into a room even if he doesn't usually allow it. Figure she could stay a couple days while she explored Rustboro and its Routes and then would stop by periodically as she passed through. Rustboro is smack in the middle of like 3 gyms (literally and figuratively) after all.

I'm not sure how much she could work as someone to confide in, she's a good deal younger than him and scatterbrained the way teenagers often are, but she could use a bit of mother-henning and someone to look out for her. She's reckless and hard-headed on a good day, and that's before she stole a couple of her dad's Pokemon just to prove she could make it as a trainer. Now that she's on the mainland she's constantly misusing her resources and burning the candle at both ends.
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Evan's plotter
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2019 4:39:24 GMT
evan fader Avatar

@toto

he 100% does, it's literally in the spirit of the Stray and how it got its name! He takes in stragglers that need a little guidance just as much as anything else she just won't be allowed to be working while the bar is open/interact with the bar if she's working off room and board. If some one if underage he mostly just has them help clean up the main room/rooms in the building and the like so this is 100% an option.

He'd insist on her staying the night if she happens upon the Stray late in the night with no other options, would be more than happy to give her a place to stay when she's in the area any time after afterwards. While her age would definitely make him less likely to open up too much he'd dote on her like he does most youngsters and his experience can usually result in pretty decent advise. While he's very much a mother hen he also easily takes on a sibling like role for youngsters if they're around him enough so I'd say that's a more likely route especially once he realizes how sheltered she's been. he'd always be willing to answer questions and the like when he can because he knows how it is to be lost in the city with no clue what's going on.

So yeah she's welcome at the Stray any time <3