Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2019 1:13:01 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"is there really some big, scary monster down here? all i see is...rocks. rocks - and oh, get this, more rocks!" she'd been walking for what felt like hours in this dark hell hole, and she was over it. the whole 'mega stone' rush wasn't something she was interested in, but, when the local miners began to pass rumors about some scary 'monster pokemon' lingering in the depths of the cave, now that caught the dragon priestess' attention. she wasn't scared of any monster - or at least that was what she told herself. she played with dragons when she could barely walk - really, what more was there to be afraid of?

still, as noelle told herself this, there was...the slightest, tiniest tinge of wondering in the back of her mind that, maybe, she should've brought someone else along. maybe she should've heeded their warnings and brought another person along in this request like the miners had suggested. what if she got caved in? injured? would anyone even notice she was gone? those thoughts only grew the more she wandered about down here, potentially lost, and searched for this so called 'monster'.

"this is hopeless,"
she muttered to herself with a groan. however, just as she rounded the corner of this endless, dark maze, she heard the sound of steps. the slightest kick of pebbles and the sound of breathing. it'd been deathly silent in this cavern for what felt like forever, and so, of course, noelle naturally flipped the fuck out. with a high-pitched yelp, she reared an arm back, balled her hand, and swung. 
@open
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2019 4:33:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

“Hey th-” Derek started before finding himself on the receiving end of a fist, which rocked his world six ways to sunday and back, evident by the way he spun and fell face first into the gravel. Accidentally inhaling some of it, the trainer started having a coughing fit as he struggled to get back up, spitting out a few pebbles before he was able to speak..

Guess I deserve that...” Derek mumbled as he turned to try and greet them again, only this time having the time to realize who they were. “Broken flowerpot girl!” He exclaimed rather energetically, recognizing her from his time during the summer festival. She'd been having the worst luck trying to get some special plant of her's to grow...

Unfortunately, and as rude it may come off, Derek couldn't remember her name, or if she even gave it. Hopefully the way he just referred to her would be enough to warrant further introduction. “Huh... Seems like you really do have a knack for breaking things.” As one of his hands rubbed away at the jaw, the sensation of a tooth coming loose could be felt. Spitting it out into his hand, Derek became a bit dramatic knowing that he no longer had any baby teeth. “That was a perfectly good premolar!” Likewise, there were no signs of cavities or the like. Just a bit of blood from Noelle knocking it loose with a fist.

tl;dr mission (tag is n0ble w/ a zero) [attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2019 1:43:55 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
What she expected to feel tough scales or fur of this so called 'monster' actually ended up being a face. A human face at that. Immediately, Noelle opened her eyes, which quickly widening in horror. At a young age, upon discovering the child's almost monstrous physical strength, she'd been given a strict 'no hitting others' policy that applied even into adulthood.

it nearly sickened the priestess that she'd caused the dribble of blood down the other's lips. She frantically fluttered around him, hands flailing as she tried, and failed, to explain herself and ask if he was alright. "My name is Noelle!" She finally managed to yell out something coherently. "Ah - I'm so, so sorry! Does it hurt? Oh god, you're bleeding - that's so gross but, but, does it hurt? Are you okay?! Oh arceus, you're not, are you?! Let me see - give me your face!"

Having no qualms over physical space, she basically grabbed the man's face in her hands. Her grip, though firm, was surprisingly gentle, as her fingers lightly squeezed at his face, inspecting his jaw and mouth with an intense stare. The damage wasn't...too bad. She still felt horrible though.

She finally stepped away, letting out a loud breath of relief as she smothered her hair back. "I really am sorry," she sheepishly 'eeped' out, her cheeks puffed out as she glanced down in an almost guilty expression. "You shouldn't be in here though. Supposedly there's some 'monster' deep in these caves, and it's attacking any and all it see's. Supposedly, some miners went missing and never returned. I...thought that you..." She trailed off, realizing how silly it sounded. Growing frustrated and flustered, she'd huff, stomping a foot, "you...you should've been more careful, dummy! Idiot!" So much for that warm and genuine concern she had only mere moments ago. 

@n0ble
ik what your tag is :huh: dont doubt me

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2019 3:16:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“Right, Noelle, right... Derek dislikes the invasion of his personal space, but waits patiently for Noelle to step back and pretty much end up blaming him, of all things. At least the way she stomped on the ground like a child was cute, explaining some as to why she didn't want to hold onto the guilt. The important thing was that Noelle was concerned about his well-being.

“I'm fine... Thanks...” Derek wasn't quite as confident in Noelle's case, considering the way she freaked out without even finding the monster. “So what kind of monster is it, exactly?” Trying to find out more about this supposed danger lurking about, Derek's hand reflexively reached for his waistline where fingers danced along the pokeballs holstered there. “I'd like to find it, if the thing even exists.” Most of the time these rumors didn't amount to much, just some local gossip that sprouted from amateur trainers biting off more than their pokemon could chew. But that wasn't the case now, and with the importance this place had for mining precious minerals, it was worth seeing things through.

tl;dr doubting intensifies :monkas: [attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2019 21:17:02 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Her face grew a bit more serious as he questioned what sort of monster roamed about. A thoughtful hum came from her throat as she began to continue her walk forward into the depths of the cavern. "Not sure! Kinda spooky, right?!" She suddenly said with a big, stupidly relaxed grin. "But," once again, that more thoughtful expression grew, "part of me wonders if it's a dragon. I heard some sort of noise earlier and it sounded..distinctly like something. The conditions in this cave are just right, and you won't find most other species of pokemon this far down in a terrain as rough as this. Not a lot of dragons are extremely aggressive though...aside from the really dangerous ones." she let out a little breath, rubbing her temples slightly. 

"There's the possibility that it's an abandoned pokemon, and that makes it even worse. That means it'll have a personal vendetta against humans if its gone as far to attack them - and it'll make my job in subduing it all the more harder. It may simply be a territorial dispute though, with miners moving deeper in..." She mused aloud in a, surprisingly, intellectual reflection.

"I've narrowed the list down considerably to about...5 different pokemon based on a few things I saw and heard. 3 of which are dragons."
She sounded completely confident, and the whole thing was a rare insight that, yes, the dopey, clumsy woman was intelligent. "But, I could be completely wrong, now that I think about it...Oopsies!"

"Eh - wait, wait. You're not planning on coming with me, are you?" She suddenly stopped walking in favor of looking back at the man with a narrow of her eyes. "I don't need a babysitter - and this may be too dangerous for me to babysit you." Despite the otherwise harshness of the words themselves, there was genuine concern in her tone. Usually, she'd be all for romping about in some stupid, spelunking idea, and would definitely drag any and all who had the slightest interest in doing so with her. But, if her predictions were right, it could get dangerous. Quickly. 
@n0ble
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 3:11:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“I know you just knocked out one of my teeth and all, but please don't treat me like I need my hand held.” Sure, Noelle managed to knock him to the ground... But that was a cheap shot he never saw coming! This whole monster business was a separate matter entirely. Something that he couldn't just ignore and walk the other way from. By the sound of it, this monster needed dealt with before it could make matters any worse.

“I'm better off than the last time we met. Maybe better off than you.” A simple shrug is all he could muster at the suggestion, not truly trying to enforce the claim, but simply acknowledging recent developments. He'd become Petalburg's gym leader, acknowledged by the dragon king of Hoenn's elite four...

“With dragons, it's usually one of those 'fight fire with fire' things, isn't it?” At least, that's what most of the lore concerning dragon pokemon suggested. “I've got two dragons fit for the brawl, so don't concern yourself with me.” Waving her on as he began to pace further into the depths, Derek began to contemplate how best to find the thing. Only one method in particular came to mind. “Anyway, you think it might show itself if we make alotta noise down here?”

[attr="class","merktagI"]

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 2:46:05 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Better off than the last time they met? The pinkette quirked a brow, tilting her head before giving a smile and laugh. "Sure!" She didn't...sound entirely convinced, but, seemed to be genuinely happy for him, for one reason or another. "Being better than me isn't a huge accomplishment, actually," she pondered aloud with a small 'heh'. "But, don't underestimate me either!" Just because she wasn't interested in battling didn't mean she was bad at it. Not when she had Adam beating the crap outta h-...er..'mentoring' her.

"Possibly,"
the woman spoke, "but in a place like this, that may not be the best idea. We're out of element and in its own territory. It's cramped, hard to see, and getting harder to breath the deeper we go...we need to be super careful." That stood true for any pokemon, not just dragons. Squinting in the darkness, she perked up at his suggestion, giving a few nods. "That might be the best option we have, yea! Just...be careful not to cause a rock fall. Speaking from experience," she sheepishly grinned, scratching the back of her head with a little giggle.

With a tap of a finger to the ball on her hip, her hydreigon appeared, the dark dragon letting out a low snarl as his gaze instantly rested on Derek. The aggressive creature gave the man a look of sheer death, until his head was abruptly cuddled against his trainer as she cooed, almost menacingly, at him, "don't you dare!" He snorted, rolling his eyes. "Give the word, and we'll attack when you do." Her vibrant green gaze flickered over to him once more, offering him a thumbs up, whilst Nero prepared a hyper voice.

@n0ble
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
203 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 4:13:07 GMT
NPC Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]

A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: you do not need to engage with the pumpkaboo icly).[break]
& @n0ble

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2019 23:42:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“Well, here goes...” Facing down a dark path that seemed to go further down, Derek cupped his hands around his mouth and took in a deep breath before letting it all out.

“AAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!~”

The half-scream, half-yell was horrendous and strained, which would hopefully give their monster the impression that they were in distress. The sound echoed it's way along, growing more quiet each time as it covered great distances. After a few moments of silence, the ground beneath their feet began to shake and thud. Eventually it could be heard, like angry footsteps in pursuit of a troublesome child.

Or, more accurately, a monster in search of it's next victim?

Stepping back from the opening, Derek summoned his Haxorus and stood there waiting for the thing to appear. Noelle and her pokemon were already priming their first move, allowing them to sit back and wait until after the first strike to decide on their own course of action.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 3:13:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
a registeel

attacks!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

??

A SHRILL ROBOTIC CRY is sent back. from the darkness, seven red eyes stare back. the robotic caterwaul echoes against the cavern walls again, and as this gargantuan steel golem launches itself toward the two, its cylindrical legs crush stalagmite and stone.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&[break] @n0ble[break]
you can not catch this pokemon or "defeat" it.[break]
attempt to scare it back on your own accord!

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2019 12:41:41 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
She was wrong. horribly, horribly wrong.

instead of a rampaging dragon coming from the depths of the cavern, it was the mountainous form of...a registeel? why?!

it was huge, with the red gleam of its 'eyes' and the shrill, robotic screech it gave positively bone chilling. however, what she felt wasn't fear that rushed over her but, a rare feeling of adrenaline. as though dealing with an untamed, fierce dragon, she'd take this one on by the horns! but, would battling this steel legend work? its shiny, metallic body was without a scratch and looked harder than a haxorus' blade...and in these conditions, a deep underground cavern, fighting it wasn't ideal. but, they couldn't let it rampage about either, least they risked being caught in it.

she didn't have much time to think, and could only act on sheer instinct. 

several pokemon were released in a reckless, risky attempt of a 'stand off'. "scare it off!" was the only command she could manage to shout out.

venus, her gyarados gave a fearsome snarl, her intimidation ability coming into effect, enhanced by a well-placed double team, as several of the massive serpents stared down the golem. her haxorus has also appeared at the sound of a challenge. chest puffed out and blades glinting maliciously, he offered a scary face, aiding in venus' intimidation tactic. and finally, her emboar stood tall and proud, his fists pounding on his belly as he let out a bellowing roar with enough force to send rocks flying, her hydreigon joining in with another hyper voice

the sound in a contained space such as the caves was positively headache-inducing, with enough force that she felt her body itself vibrate. she could feel blood daring to dribble from ears from how loud it was and the amount of force it packed as the sounds assaulted and vibrated harshly against the steel pillar that was registeel. 

oh and she totes snapped a pic of registeel for her best buddy . a selfie and everything. 

@n0ble
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2019 6:22:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

“T-that's not a...” The sound this thing made was infinitely more menacing than the metallic groans of his Metagross, and the complete lack of emotion on it's "face" told him it had no need for such qualities. A ruthless pokemon through and through, but it was no dragon. It was worse than a dragon, a true monster. Registeel.

Derek scurried back with haste, the pokemon launching itself their way feet-first as if trying to impale them all in one go. Drawing out another pokeball, Derek released his Garchomp while searching for the Haxorus. They'd managed to narrowly avoid the attack the same as him, the trainer quickly collecting them back into a pokeball. Steel types were resistant to dragons, so it would be foolish to think Seraph could lay even a scratch on it. The pokemon's body was smooth and unscathed, further adding to the notion that this was no foe they could beat.

Even so, Derek wanted to try...but he couldn't. Not with Noelle there. He'd have to proritize getting out of here safely. Raising the mega stone out in front of him in the Garchomp's direction, the chain reaction of the stones caused the pokemon to be sheathed in light while it...transcended? It was the first time Derek got to try out mega-evolution...

“Kseniya!” He calls out, the Mega-Garchomp letting out a throat-ripping roar in response. Her body changed quickly; violently. Her two arms became two large scythes, with edges that sheened just like Registeel's body. They too were unscathed. Brandishing them towards the Registeel, she began to grate them against one other, the sound unlike anything he'd ever heard. It was like nail on chalkboard times a million.

Kseniya, unlike the trainers, looked like she wanted to battle. To test out her new form that bring her to new heights. She must've thought Registeel looked ominous enough to be a worthy test subject. That, or she was observing herself and this newly evolved form in the reflection Registeel's smooth surface provided...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
monsters in the dark [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 4:04:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
a registeel

attacks!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

genderless / ??[break]
lock-on / hyper beam / ?? / ?? / ?? / ??

THE REGISTEEL WASTES NO TIME. all of its red dots illuminate like panicked christmas lights; however, they suddenly stop before ominously shifting their crimson beams toward the trainers, and @n0ble, and not their pokemon. having LOCKED-ON, the registeel revs up the terrifying beginnings of a cave-wide HYPER BEAM.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&[break] @n0ble[break]
you can not catch this pokemon or "defeat" it.[break]
attempt to scare it back on your own accord!