6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2019 18:42:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the night was awfully quiet on the normally loud estate. being too far away to his place after some business he had to attend to, kyle decides to spend the night in their place instead. it was nearby and it was warm, and more importantly, it was free.

"good evening, he greets her nonchalantly. "i'm crashing."

kyle enters her room absentmindedly, mouth parting with a yawn. fatigue was evident with how he carried himself as opposed to the lethargy he usually portrays. bags under his eyes showed sleeplessness and the way he drags his feet with every step doesn't show the usual decorum he tries to follow.

he blinks at her, trying to guess what she'd say next, explaining himself before she can even ask. "the rest of your place seemed spooky, so let me stay here." he takes out his arcanine in the room, pushes him so that he's lying on his side, and uses him as a bed, covering his face with its fur.

@bryony
mission
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 2:05:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Any protest Bryony might have falls silent on her tongue. She sees the exhaustion in the weight of his shoulders, the bruise of shadows under each eye. Her lips fold together and she sits up from her bed and sets her book aside. Bryony turns, shifting slightly, unuse to people catching her so late at night.

"It is a bit creepy at night," she admits, sliding off the bed to stand. Her fingers knit and twist together as she moves to the closet.

"I can go grab a futon," Bryony offers, grabbing a stool by the door. She sets it in place and steps on, stretching to grab a few of the folded blankets from the top shelf. "You shouldn't sleep on the floor. It's not very good for your back, Kyle."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 15:49:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he lifts his head from his arcanine, voicing out his concerns. "this isn't the regular kind of creepy though." his voice sounded more concerning that it usually is, serious eyes staring at bryony's. then again, he was good at maintaining a straight face even when telling a joke.

he sits upright, though his arcanine remains on its position. "i live alone so i'm very much fine when it's quiet, but this one's different." he scratches his head as he tries to look for any logical reasoning behind his reaction. there were none. "it's just... i can't explain it, but i just feel it."

the arcanine suddenly shuffles to its paws, but kyle pushes it back. it gets its head up, however, staring intently on what seemed to be an obviously empty space, and then sounds a bark. growling followed, but kyle wrapped his hands around his mouth to keep the sound muffled with the best of his ability. slobber starts to get in his hands.

he turns to bryony. "see? pokemon don't act suddenly to nothing," he reasons out. he follows it up with a disclaimer on a much lower voice. "unless they're stupid..."

@bryony
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2019 17:23:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony frowns, pulling the blankets into her arms. She glances at the floor as she steps down then turns to approach Kyle. Her gaze flickers to the Arcanine and its abrupt change in demeanor. Her mouth opens and then she flinches, hugging the blankets tighter to herself at the bark.

"I guess so," she whispers. Goosebumps form against her arms. Bryony tries to ignore it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2019 7:06:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
a̼̍ͮͨ̊̆̐ ̳̫̞̹ͪ̄̔s̤̑̂̄̓̀p̮̻̩̀ͬ̄̃̒ỉ͇̬̥̜̥̫̐ͥ̒ͯ͌ͫr̓ͫͪͤ̎̍҉i͌͆͊̏̊͏̺̪ṱ̸̉ͣ̽̈

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - cursed body[break]
phantom force / trick / grudge / sucker punch / shadow sneak / gunk shot

SOMETHING SCRAMBLES ACROSS THE FLOOR, despite nothing being there. the arcanine's suspicions seem to possess little justification... until the two can hear raggedy breaths from nearby. should they turn to the source of the noise, a grotesque spirit with a twisted head lunges at them with a shriek.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

& @bryony

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2019 17:37:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the bravado shown by the arcanine quickly fades when a yelp escapes him. his fur yanked to a direction, the arcanine finds itself being drawn away from the entity and closer to his trainer. he assumes it's for the sake of feeling safe.

"bry!"

kyle throws his arcanine to the direction of the spirit and goes for bryony. transitioning from lying down, to standing up, and then running towards her gets the fatigued kyle to trip and fall on the floor. "is this normal?!" he shouts as he brings his head up once again.

the arcanine, being the fearless, near stupid canine that it is, faces the challenge without hesitation. it stands its ground, respecting the fact that he knows nothing about it, and growls at it like mateo and chancelor do.

@bryony
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2019 12:12:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Out of rationality, Bryony is inclined to dismiss the arcanine's behavior as nothing more than a Pokemon having a moment. It's the ragged breathing that convinces her otherwise. Her eyes snap to Kyle but he's already running towards her.

As he falls, her gaze swings to the ghost, to the Arcanine that suddenly is in front of it. Her stomach knots over and over.

"What - is - that - " Her voice comes out as choked whispers. Bryony scrambles towards Kyle, hands held out to help him up. Pinprick pupils dart about the room before stopping by the door. Her pokebelt hangs next to it, pokeballs glinting. In most cases, Bryony is never without her altaria, but she had let it out not long before Kyle arrived.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2019 10:47:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gets himself up with the aid of bryony, explaining to her as he gets back to his feet. "that's what i meant when i said your place is spooky!"

he whistles for the arcanine with a certain unique tone, getting the pokemon's attention away from whatever the entity was. with a cock of his head, he urges the pokemon to come at his direction. its steps sound through the tatami flooring while it rushes towards kyle and bryony.

an arm grabs bryony around her waist while the other one remains outstretched until the arcanine passes them, to which he grabs a collar hidden underneath its fur. the fire-type slows down, but doesn't stop, as kyle yanks bryony and himself to the canine's back with one overexerted heave.

"out!"

the fire-type goes for the exit, leaping and then skidding to a stop once it reached the outside. kyle lets go of bryony and lets himself lie on his belly atop the arcanine. "is it following us?" he asks as he pants.

@bryony
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 15:11:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony lets out a squawk as she's hauled up with Kyle, hands reflexively grabbing for him in an effort to not be dropped. The door is thrown open, frame cracked from the arcanine's escape.

She doesn't move, frozen in place. Her fingers knit into the fire type's fur and she sucks in a breath, blinking multiple times in succession.

"There is - " Bryony pauses. She wets her lip. Body like rusted clockwork, she turns towards her room. "There is a - dead person - a ghost - in my room."

Her head tips down to look at Kyle.

"It's because - it's because I went into those haunted places too many times. I made the spirits angry and they want revenge."

She cups her face in her hands and bows forward, forehead pressing to the back of the arcanine's neck.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 9:50:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they were seemingly left alone once they left bryony's room. it leaves them out on the open, where they're more vulnerable to ghost attacks, or whatever you call them. he turns to bryony, asking her the question he has been wondering about since they left.

"are we going back there or...?"

the answer was clearly no. he starts to think of other options, listing any other room in the estate that maybe open. a particular room comes to mind, one whose owner was always away for some reason, usually training and camping in the wilderness. he still doesn't get the appeal of being one with nature with those kinds of things.

"we can go to mateo's room i guess. he'd yell at me if it's just me. he'll probably not mind it if i have you there though."

it would probably give him the wrong message if he stayed with her in his room overnight, thought the thought has yet to occur within his tired mind.

@bryony
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
mode [m]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2019 13:28:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony makes a muffled reply before she pushes herself back up. "Maybe Mateo can take care of the ghost," she mumbles. Will he believe them?

She nudges a heel against the arcanine's side.

"Does he know where Mateo's room is?"