slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2019 19:14:50 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The city sleeps, nearly silent save a few passing cars along the streets coinciding with the few establishments that stayed open throughout the night. But these were merely background noises, barely noticeable but still hinting at life still conscious within the city. They accompanied Kim and Najwa as the two moved through said empty streets, the only sounds made by the pair being the pacing of footsteps against the pavement.

She had been working late, further into the day than most. Kim, having returned to HQ to submit a report, “just so happened” to take notice of her, insisting his aid in walking her home onto the girl; the more appropriate thing to do in such a situation.

Still, it was a little awkward how stiff she was, he couldn’t help but feel a little uneasy being next to her, so he had done what he could to ease his worries: he began talking.

So, uh… science huh? You must research some pretty interesting things, right?

The only thing he could compare himself to at the current moment was a clown, the fool’s attempt at forcing small talk almost nauseating him.

@bean4 // mission
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 19:21:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","grawords"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa had been working late — really late, actually. She hadn’t really noticed how late until she hears the voice of Kim Cole, shaking her from her thoughts and making her glance up to look over at him. And there he was standing, waiting patiently for her to actually take notice of him.
[break][break]
”Oh...” She flips her wrist around to check her watch and sighs through her nose. ”Hmm.”
[break][break]
And suddenly he’s walking her home, and she’s not sure how it happened — her kabutops walking patiently behind them, keeping and eye on things. He was such a good boy.
[break][break]
The silence of their walk was broken by Kim asking her a question, and she looks up. He’s... actually interested in talking about her work? She blinks slowly, before letting a little smile curl at the edges of her lips. ”Yes, I’m currently researching how to replicate fossil genes to create viable embryos of extinct pokemon.” She nods and curls her fingers around each other. ”DNA is so interesting, but when you’re missing fragments of genes, you have to replace them. I’m trying to figure out a way to replace them without changing the actual DNA structure of the pokemon, since —“ Najwa stops, feeling her cheeks flush.
[break][break]
”Sorry, this is incredibly boring for normal people, isn’t it?”

[attr="class","grapokes"]

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.grawords b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2019 23:44:02 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A smile forms, taking notice of how talkative she became when speaking of her profession, Kim happy that asking such a simple question he previously overthought after voicing gave way for such a detailed explanation.

But for her to put down his interest in the topic was unexpected, the smile stifling for just a moment before returning, his voice coming out in a gentle tone.

What’s that supposed to mean?” He chuckled. “Even if I’m a “normal person” I’m still interested in what you have to say. I might not be in the same department as you but I’m still your co-worker, aren’t I? Confide in me a little.

A slight nudge of his shoulder called more attention to himself, continuing to speak.

You never know, I might actually give you something insightful.

@bean4 // mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 4:46:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

The look on Najwa's face is one of very simple perplexed curiosity. She isn't used to actually speaking out loud about her work - most communication about it done through messages or reports. So when she's actually asked more about it - it's like a light turns on somewhere deep inside. She smiles, a little more earnestly.
[break][break]
"Well, it is quite boring, but I do enjoy it immensely." She hums in thought, before looking back at her kabutops. "Take Bronn for example." She gestures. "He's made using a special extraction process that helps us draw out DNA from fossils and transfer them into living, breathing pokemon."
[break][break]
She moves her hands as if she's juggling something. "Buuuut, my thesis surrounds the theory that we can replicate the DNA without the use of fossils, by synthesizing it in other ways, or replacing certain genes in the DNA with fillers until they become viable..." Najwa clasps her hands together and nods, completing her explanation.
[break][break]
"It's all rather fascinating, you're welcome to come watch -" She blinks, and feels her cheeks flush, but keeps her face neutral. "When you're need things, of course."

[newclass=.grabod] background: #2e2e2e; width:300px; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gra] margin-top: 40px; width: 300px; text-align: justify; font-family: 'roboto'; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/2gq2C65/black-thread.png); padding-right:50px; background-color: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.grawords] padding: 30px; background: #202020; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; line-height: 16px; border-radius: 2px; border-right: solid 4px #2e2e2e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.grapokes] text-align: center; width:300px; margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -20px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gratag] padding: 0px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: -20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gratag a] font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 16:41:13 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A gentle look forms on his features, what could only be described as happiness shown from her further explaining and eventual suggestion.

I’ll take you up on that offer one day.” A half-promise but a promise no less. His eyes returning ahead only to spot a figure, its form shrouded in darkness.It was indescribable, its features unseen. The only thing he could feel from its presence was discomfort, a tinge of fear felt if only for a moment, shocked that something could be meters away from the two without Kim even noticing.

Kim moved himself in front of Najwa, hand to his side and ready to draw a ball at a moments notice, tensing ever so slightly when a voice called out a simple question.

Red or Blue?

It would take a second before Kim responded, a confused, “Red?” Escaping his lips before he turned to Najwa for conformation.

@bean4 // mission

j85c2zA8
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 2:44:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa smiles, about to reply to his confirmation of her offer, but she's cut off by the appearance of some sort of... figure, before them. She blinks and looks between the two, sighing softly.
[break][break]
Once again, Kim was putting himself first, like she was some delicate flower that needed to be protected. She huffs, rolling her eyes, before gesturing the to figure in front of them, stepping up beside Kim. It was clearly some sort of Halloween prank, right?
[break][break]
She shrugs at his half-answer, half-question and nods. "Sure, red." She glances to her kabutops, who clicks his blade-like hands on the sidewalk.

e|3iG5By
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 5:16:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
a gyarados

attacks!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - moxie[break]
bite / hydro pump / scary face / dragon rage / hurricane

A CURIOUS LOOP FORMS IN THE AIR before it enlarges dramatically. a snicker accompanies the expansion as a GYARADOS is seemingly tossed out like it were nothing. as the loop closes, the snicker seems to echo as the gyarados, confused and now, terrified by the non sequitur of its destination, attacks the first thing it sees: you two.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&[break] @bean4[break]
you may attempt to capture this pokemon /[break]leave a note in your mod requests when turning your mission in.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 15:33:22 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
His mind was a mess of questions, unsure what to focus on first: the ring that had been created, the gyrados that had popped out of it, or the one who had create it in the first place disappearing just as suddenly as it had appeared. It was all too much to process at one moment, but when the gigantic gyarados started to thrash about, as a literal fish out of water would do, Kim had no choice but to act on the current problem that had been presented.

A hand already at his side swiped two pokeballs swiftly releasing a Dragonite and Torterra, the dual types looking upward at the pokemon before looking to Kim as he relayed commands to the two.

Duane, use leech seed to cover it in roots, make them sturdy enough so that it won’t flounder about too much and cause even more of a fuss than it already has. Coffee, give it a good thunder punch, if it doesn’t go down with one hit, hit it again.

The two nodded setting their play into action, the Torterra shaking its body and releasing a plethora of seeds into the ground underfoot, roots emerging from gaps in concrete and tethering the gyarados to the street. Once it was properly secured, the Dragonite delivered a mighty punch to the back of the pokemon’s head, it writhing in pain for only a second until the last of its energy was sapped away, the pokemon succumbing to defeat, simply lying in wait for whatever the two had in store for it.

Once the situation had been handled, Kim began looking to and fro, his mind set on finding who or what it was that had set these events into motion.

Najwa, did you see where that creep went?

@bean4 // mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 23:15:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Watching as the giant, red sea serpent cascades out of the portal like some sort of shit out of a sci-fi movie, Najwa’s eyes widen in surprise. Holy shit. ”Holy shit.” She vocalizes her thought, wrinkling her nose.
[break][break]
Immediately, Kim takes control of the situation, trying his hand at subduing the pokemon by battling it - clearly the poor thing was terrified, and confused. She wonders briefly if she should help, but then Kim is asking her where the person went, and she shakes her head. In all the commotion, she didn’t see where they had gone - the figure seemingly disappeared before her very eyes.
[break][break]
In the interim, she motions to her kabutops to help. ”Help with leech life. Try not to damage it.” She pulls free a spare pokeball and rolls it in her fingers. ”It only makes sense we study it - it came through a freaking portal.” He voice is somewhere between confusion and excitement.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 4:41:49 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The two released pokemon were returned to their respective balls, both replaced with a single Volcarona, Kim’s attention more focused on his surroundings than the dual type.

Clean up the vines, Boo.” An offhanded command given that the Volcarona listened to diligently, promptly performing a sweep of the area and ridding it of any stray debris before returning to Kim, recalled into a ball within seconds.

He motioned forward as be returned his gaze to Najwa, his features more incredulous than serene.

If you don’t mind, I’d like to be in the know about your findings. Whoever- or whatever- that was could prove useful in the future, for myself as well as the league.

His expression returned to placid with the shifting of topics, a smooth smile forming on his lips as he spoke.

For now, let’s just get you home without anymore hangups, hm?

A hope more than anything given the fact that this situation proved fate was not in their hands.

@bean4 // mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2019 6:48:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","grabod"]
[attr="class","gra"]
[attr="class","gratag"]

Najwa tossed the empty pokeball, watching the knocked-up gyarados disappear into it. She smiles over at Kim and picks the ball up, looking it over. "Yeah, of course. I'll let you know if I find anything." She tucks it away into her bag and pats it with a firm hand. As they continue walking, she laughs gently at Kim's attitude towards staying vigilant and on the lookout, despite the circumstances going back to normal.
[break][break]
"Mmm, alright. Take me home." Linking her arm with his, she nods towards the direction of the apartment building she resides in. "Maybe I'll even let you stay for dinner." She smirks, raising her eyebrows.
[break][break]
After all, if he wanted to play the hero - she might as well play the part of someone who needed saving.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
choice [ m ]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2019 17:15:54 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 75 poke, 5 infamy, 1 shining dust.
@bean4 successfully captures the shiny gyarados.