orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
ghouls and ghosts [m]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2019 3:56:35 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
here to assist

It wasn't every day that a member of the Elite Four offers to help you out on a mission. Sure, the man was also a Ranger, but that hadn't made Orion feel any less intimidated — or starstruck — when Mateo had approached him.

The other man had been more accomodating that Orion had expected. He'd given him space, and time to think about the offer, which was more considerate than most of the people he'd met. Really, it wasn't like they were ill-meaning, they just couldn't read the frosty cadet as well as this man apparently had. He appreciated it.

He wants to say as much, even just a simple, Thanks for understanding, but he chickens out.

Instead, he sends a simple text with the job details — some haunted mansion — and settles in to wait. The night air is chilly and Orion pulls his thin jacket tighter around him, wishing not for the first time that the Litwick beside him gave off some kind of warmth. It's wick is unlit, as always, and it hovers ominously above the ground, a haunting in itself. He'd felt it appropriate to bring a Ghost-type along.

When Mateo arrives, he's greeted with an awkward nod.

"Thank you," Orion says, too quickly, then clears his throat. He rubs at the back of his neck. "For, ah, offering to help, I mean. You — it's... nice."

Stilted as the sentiment was, he was genuine in offering it. Mateo certainly had better things to do than hold the hands of fledgling rangers, and yet here he was. Orion gestures vaguely to the creepy house upon a hill. It certainly looked the part. "It's... haunted, apparently? Could be nothing, but I offered to check it out. I like ghosts."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]

[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]

[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
ghouls and ghosts [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 18:47:25 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"wow, it's dark..." mateo commented. it was then he saw a familiar face, "orion!" he cried. rushing over, he'd come to sling an arm over the sheepish male. "of course!" releasing the male from his grasp, a gleeful grin had been worn. listening to the debriefing, and his reasoning, for the mission. mateo would come to wear a small surprised expression.

"who would've thought you'd have a liking toward ghost-type pokemon." it brought a soft smile to his face. he was growing out of his shell, albeit slowly but surely. "well, then, i hope you're aware that i'm here to follow your lead on this mission, cap'n." that's right, he was a guest on this quest. "use me and lead me accordingly, please!" leaning forward to offer a bow. he was ecstatic to see how far orion could grow, this was where it would start for the field trainee.

once they were ready to head in, mateo would make light conversation. "so, ghost-types, huh?" did he always have a liking for them? mateo couldn't exactly recall all of the details with freya or laurence's rangers. "did you always have an interest toward them, o?"

notes: i lost my first post, i'm sad. so have a crappy second one. :sob:

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
ghouls and ghosts [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 19:13:09 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
forgive my rambles

Orion makes a noise somewhat caught between a yelp and a strangled laugh as Mateo unexpectedly slings an arm around him. He's never been much for physical contact, but it's not something he goes around telling everyone, so he can hardly blame the other man for assuming it would be fine. His heart rate picks up more from this simple interaction than it likely will throughout the entire ghost-hunting experience, which says quite a lot about him as a person.

After recovering from the initial surprise, he tilts his head at the comment. Is that weird?

He supposes it's nothing new. He tends to gravitate toward those types often neglected by the more skittish population: ghost, dark, poison, the occasional bugs. All pokemon deserved to be given a chance. He blinks when Mateo essentially hands the reigns of the mission over to him, and he's overcome by a brief panic — what if he screws up, what if he makes a fool of himself, what if they fail? — before he sternly reminds himself that, you are a ranger and this is what you're good at. Suck it up.

So he nods, instead, and takes the lead toward the gloomy building whilst keeping Mateo in his peripheral. "Always, yeah," he agrees, something softer and fonder in his tone. "A lot of people are scared of them, but they crave companionship as much as the next Pokemon." His Litwick hovers close to him as if to punctuate the statement as Orion tries the door to the house. Locked, as expected. He pulls the key that he'd been given from his pocket and inserts it into the lock, raising his brow at the way the door creaks when it opens. "How very stereotypical."

It's clear the building hasn't seen residence in a while by the layer of dust that coats what furniture remains and the cobwebs clinging to corners. He thinks he spies a Spinarak disappearing into a darkened nook. Phantom's flame flickers to life, providing them with enough light to see by, and at Orion's direction the floating candle hovers a short distance away.

"Well, if this place is haunted, chances are the ghosts are up to something. I don't imagine they're going to just up and leave if we ask nicely, otherwise we wouldn't be here." His tone steadies with confidence as he finds himself in a familiar role. Just another job. "I guess we'll start this way," he gestures down a hall he thinks might lead to a kitchen before starting off in that direction, lowering his voice a little so as not to startle any non ghost-types that might be sheltering in the building, "and look for any signs."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]