Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2019 0:05:53 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”So show me this ‘weird’ Alakazam of yours.”

Eva wasn’t really sure what to make of Priam’s request to check on his Alakazam. At first, she simply told him to buzz off and go get it checked into a Pokémon center, she wasn’t running a clinic. But after he began to describe what was going on with the Pokémon her tune changed from disinterested to eager curiosity.

And besides, she probably owed the kid a favor or two he was rather helpful and as long as she offered something in return or gave him something interesting to do he was willing as well. If there were an employee of the month rewards he’d probably deserve it.

So she invited him to one of her many little lab sites she had posted all throughout Hoenn. It might have been a pain in the ass finding the place but here they are. ”And while we’re at it, where and how did you manage to get your hands on this Alakazam?”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 18:22:55 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a singular shrunken pokeball laid on the middle of his palm, held with his fingers spread out as if to display what was on top of it. his other hand rested on his hip, and his face wore the same proud expression one would always find him wearing.

"tada! it's here, but i kinda don't wanna try to get it out. it's embarrassing, but mister priam conrad still hasn't tamed this beast."

his thumb presses the mechanism that enlarges it before his fingers close to it. he takes a moment to give the ball one last glance before he hands it to her. "i just thought i'd give you a heads up before we actually release him out." he shrugs.

it takes him a second to try and recall where he got the alakazam. folding his arms, he'd tilt his head down. when he finally remembers when, his head jolts back up, pointing a finger at eva.

"that previous lilycove gym leader! i forgot his name but i got it from him! well, before you ask, he didn't give it to me."

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 20:03:09 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
Always an entertaining one, Eva smiled as she listened to Priam. ”oh? You don’t have control over it? Well now that is certainly a problem.” She laughed.

”Thanks for the heads up. Don’t need a rogue Pokémon running around.” Last thing they needed was for it to get out and to have a serious ‘work place accident’ on their hands. Last time something like that happened cleaning up afterwards was a pain.

She took the pokeball and placed it in a terminal that looked quite similar to those that one would find inside of every Pokémon center. Once inside the screen above lit up and a series of numbers, text and other graphics flooded the image on the screen.

Eva sat down on a nearby chair, watching the information as it raced across the screen. ”Well it looks like that Lilycove gym leader had quite the interesting specimen on his hands. Good job getting it from him.” Eva remarked, her eyes still glued onto the screen.

The details of how he got it from the gym leader didn’t matter. The Pokémon was here now so it was theirs and that was what truly mattered. ”But you haven’t tamed it, hmmm. You haven’t had a problem in the past controlling Pokémon in you care, correct? Describe the Alakazam’s behavior to me.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 16:17:20 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he folds his arms, resting his chin between his index finger and his thumb.

"how do i describe it without sounding dumb..." he muses out loud.

he snaps his fingers as he gets it, and then points at eva. the earlier disturbed expression turns to a joyous one. there wasn't anything to be won, but priam feels like he has won something.

"it's like it has a mind of its own!" the smile turns to a frown, with priam scratching his head. "but alakazam were always known to be smart..."

he claps his hands as he recovers.

"oh! it's too violent! like, much wilder than a wild pokemon who just had a trainer invade its nest after it laid its eggs!" it definitely wasn't based on a true story. "like, you'd expect a pokemon trained by a gym leader to be at least calm, but this one's just violent! i don't know how else to describe it other than it looks angry though. sorry."

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2019 18:45:24 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”Well there’s an easy way to see what you mean.” She smiled, taking the pokeball out from the terminal and handing it back to Priam.

”Follow me.” She’d lead him down a hallway that split in two different directions, one that led to a large set of doors and the other more hallway before another door.

”Go through there, I’m heading this way.” Before she'd go up the stairway she added on more thing. ”You’ll understand once you get inside.” And with that she made her way. Priam would find that the large reinforced looking doors would open and allow him in, revealing a large arena-like area.

Once inside the doors would shut close and the only distinguishable thing about the room is the glass on the other side which revealed which Eva was currently standing in. The room she was in was littered with different computers and screens, a command center of sorts. Once she saw him she’d pressed a button the terminal in front of her, her voice then-booming within the arena.

”Alright let’s see this Alakazam.” She said, moving from one button and then pressing another which would open a set of doors in the arena and a mannequin would be rolled out for target practice.

And for insurance, she released her Gardevoir. ”Things get hairy you go in there and get him out alright.” Artemis nodded, understanding the order.

”Don’t worry if the Alakazam looks like it wants to turn you into a pretzel Artemis will get you out. Let’s start with you trying to give it orders. Make it puppeteer the mannequin without going postal on it.”

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 17:51:09 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he feels uncomfortable inside the area he is confined in. it feels more like a cage than anything else, but with the nature of the testing they're doing, he supposed it wasn't too far off from what it really is.

"here goes..."

he swallows nervously before releasing the alakazam he stole. it appears steady and calm for a moment after it gets out of its ball, standing menacingly before them as he surveys the area. priam breaks a sweat, being alone with the pokemon in the area, but he supposed eva's gardevoir should make him feel safe.

his gut instinct tells him otherwise.

the moment the alakazam sees the gardevoir, it points a spoon at her direction before attempting to blast her to the wall with a psychic. priam flinches for a moment, uncertain on how to act. the fact that it didn't target him first at least makes it seem like the alakazam acknowledges him as his trainer.

"i-i haven't even told it to do anything," priam frantically tries to defend himself for no reason. "call her out!"

the alakazam raises its spoon once more before flashing a blinding light in preparation of its next move.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 19:15:40 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
Well it most certainly didn’t take long for the shit to hit the fan. Eva leaned in closer to the glass when Priam finally released the Alakazam. There was definitely something off with it just from appearance alone.

As he stared in awe her computers were busy analyzing and gathering data from the Pokémon via the different cameras and sensors that were littered throughout the area.

While Eva was ecstatic during this, her Gardevoir, who was normally composed, stoic even, was uneasy staring down at the Alakazam below. To her the Pokémon was going to be nothing but trouble and soon she would be proven right.

When the shadow Pokémon met eyes with Artemis is when both the Gardevoir and her trainer knew something was wrong. ”Get him out of there now.” Eva’s words came too slow as the Alakazam attacked with its psychic powers, and its target was Artemis.

The Gardevoir managed to fend off the attack with her own psychic preventing her from being completely thrown into the wall like a ragdoll but the effort was a struggle. It was stronger than Eva had expected it to be. The Rocket scientist began to run the safety protocols as Artemis quickly regained composure and teleported to Priam.

The protocols would shut the arena down completely, no way in or out. Reinforced metal shutters came down in front of the windows; floor panels opened up and began to release a gas that would render those within the arena unconscious. This was all happening as Artemis appeared next to Priam, grabbing the male but right before she’d teleport back out the Alakazam released a blinding light.

Eva instinctively threw up her arm to cover her eyes, yelling out an order as she did. ”Glitch continue the lockdown failsafe.” Unable to see the consoles in front of her she left the rest of the task to her Rotom which resided within the lab networks.

Despite the flash blinding everyone involved Artemis still attempted to grab the blue-haired boy and teleport him to where Eva was currently at. There they would be hopefully safe from the Alakazam and the gas.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Dark Cloud [C]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 16:51:28 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
without having the luxury of owning a myriad of pokemon before, priam has never gotten a chance to own one that knows teleport.

the feeling of being subject to teleport was foreign to him, and without his eyes to confirm, he doesn't realize being in a different place at the next second. his arms flounder around, trying to recall the alakazam, but the light never reached the psychic-type within the caged area.

"i-i'm recalling it! i'm recalling it!"

by the time his eyes recover from the flash, he finds himself beside the scientist. he squints, easing himself to normalcy, and brings his eyes at the ball on his hand. it's still empty.

"so, uh, i don't think i recalled it." he chuckles, appearing his best to appear carefree, and then turns to eva. "see? it attacks the first thing it sees! well, not me. i'm the exception, i guess? or maybe i'm just lucky! i'unno."

his shoulders give way to a shrug, unsure of where his point was leading to.