Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 5:51:16 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[newclass=".adrianblock"]background-color:#1e1e1e; padding:20px; margin:0 auto; width:400px; min-height:200px; display:flex; border:5px solid #292929; } .adrianside { width:100px; height:250px; border-right:2px solid #292929; margin-top:22px; } .adrianside img { width:70px; border-radius:100px; margin-left:0px; border:5px solid #292929; filter: grayscale(1%); margin-top:50px; } .adriantag { background-color:#292929; color:#999; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; width:80px; padding:5px; text-align:center; margin-left:-5px; margin-top:10px; } .adriantag b { color:#d99a34; } .adriantag a { color:#999 !important; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; } .adrianpost { color:#999; font:10px Verdana; text-align:justify; padding:20px; width:260px; height:240px; } .adrianscroll { overflow:auto; height:250px; padding-right: 20px; margin-right:-20px; } .adrianscroll::-webkit-scrollbar { width:2px; background:#131313; padding:2px; border:none; } .adrianscroll::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background:#292929; border:none; } .adrianscroll b { color:#d99a34; } .adriancreds { height:8px; width:450px; margin:0 auto; color:#292929; font:10px roboto; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900; text-align:right; margin-top:0px;[/newclass]

[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,900]

[attr="class","adrianblock"]

[attr="class","adrianside"]

[attr="class","adriantag"]#tagged

[attr="class","adrianpost"]
[attr="class","adrianscroll"]There was something off about this place, Adrian silently told himself, watching people passing by dressed like it was 'ye olden times.' Yet none of them paid him any mind, which was doubly confusing: Did he not seem just as out of place? And yet every now and again he saw a slightly more conventionally dressed person, but still they were the minority. It wasn't for the better half of an hour that Adrian finally realized it was an annual faire being held. Now it makes sense.[break][break]

Although he normally wouldn't have business, he'd been unable to resist the allure of a piping hot unfezant leg, forking over the coin for the chance to bite into such a fine morsel. The juice rushed out when he took a mouthful, staining the sides of his lips with grease, but he paid no mind save to swipe his tongue along them to clean what he could. With his lunch secured, he could leisurely stroll the grounds, seeing what festivities were available.[break][break]

He'd seen all sorts of things, but what stood out the most were the children playing with swords, brandishing aegislash as if they were knights of old. Wanting to try his hand at it, but not wanting to stoop to pummeling kids, he passed it by with a few glances over his shoulder. It sure looked fun, right up until someone hit you with the brunt of the weight. If it were an adult swinging those things, it'd probably leave a bruise. Possibly worse.[break][break]

There were all sorts of pokemon taking part too, a number of psychic savants giving novelty fortunes, a smeargle painting faire goers, etc. There was much and more to be done, and not enough time to do it all. At least, not if he wanted to finish eating his lunch...

[attr="class","adriancreds"]coded by pie
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 21:29:39 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
whoops i broke the template, fixed

Orion feels woefully out of place among the costume-clad crowds of the Renaissance Faire. He's in his normal ranger getup with sun-visor and muddied boots all. It had been a choice between... well, this, and dressing up, and despite the faire being a relatively common sight in the streets of Fortree, he did not have the confidence required to pull that off.

It might not have been so bad if he were here as a simple civilian passing through the area, but he'd volunteered to oversee the Pokemon battles and ensure that everything was up-to-code.

At least the free food was nice.

He's milling around the various food stalls when he spots a somewhat familiar face in the crowd, gravitating immediately toward the first person he's seen that wasn't a stranger. Still he hesitates on the approach — would he even be remembered? — before steeling himself and walking up as casually as he could manage with a bright-green bat chilling out on his shoulders. Alkos was clingy, to say the least.

"Adrian, right?" Arceus, he hoped it was right. "Nice to see someone else didn't feel like dressing up. Makes me feel almost normal." His smile is as quick as it is forced. "What're you up to? They're looking for people to stage some Pokemon battles, if you're free. Got a dragon ripe for slaying." He taps Nidhogg's pokeball.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 23:10:31 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[newclass=".adrianblock"]background-color:#1e1e1e; padding:20px; margin:0 auto; width:400px; min-height:200px; display:flex; border:5px solid #292929; } .adrianside { width:100px; height:250px; border-right:2px solid #292929; margin-top:22px; } .adrianside img { width:70px; border-radius:100px; margin-left:0px; border:5px solid #292929; filter: grayscale(1%); margin-top:50px; } .adriantag { background-color:#292929; color:#999; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; width:80px; padding:5px; text-align:center; margin-left:-5px; margin-top:10px; } .adriantag b { color:#d99a34; } .adriantag a { color:#999 !important; font:10px Playfair Display; letter-spacing:1px; } .adrianpost { color:#999; font:10px Verdana; text-align:justify; padding:20px; width:260px; height:240px; } .adrianscroll { overflow:auto; height:250px; padding-right: 20px; margin-right:-20px; } .adrianscroll::-webkit-scrollbar { width:2px; background:#131313; padding:2px; border:none; } .adrianscroll::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background:#292929; border:none; } .adrianscroll b { color:#d99a34; } .adriancreds { height:8px; width:450px; margin:0 auto; color:#292929; font:10px roboto; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900; text-align:right; margin-top:0px;[/newclass]

[attr="class","adriantag"]#

[attr="class","adrianscroll"]"Oh, hey! Approaching him was the ranger from Fallarbor, whose name nearly escaped him. "Orion, right? How've you been... fairing...?" Only as he said it did he realize how cheesy it was. His face twisted over the final syllable before he huffed with a short laugh. "No pun intended." After they'd exchanged pleasantries, Orion began to tell him about his business there, asking Adrian the same. Hefting the unfexant leg seemed like the only needed response.[break][break]

"I didn't come for the faire, honestly. Just coincidence." Which was the truth, as his original reason was simply to look for any interesting pokemon. Maybe scope out a local gym, too, but he still wasn't feeling confident enough to take on that challenge. After listening to Orion's offer, he contemplated it for a moment. He had no telling what sort of pokemon he was referring to however, but he doubted it was the weavile from before.[break][break]

"Is this an actual battle, or are we putting on a play?" Being something of a performer himself, he already had a few ideas on how to achieve a truly authentic dragonslayer play. Alcremie could be the damsel locked away in a tower, guarded by this supposed dragon. The only thing missing was a knight in shining armor. Now that he didn't really have a pokemon for... but there were some aegislash for rent nearby. But he would wait until they had time to explain more about this mock battle.[break][break]

Until then he'd continue to tear away strips of flesh from his lunch, munching on them voraciously, hardly pausing between mouthfuls.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2019 23:34:06 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
whoops i broke the template, fixed

A surprised laugh escapes him at the pun, his face lighting up with a genuine smile. He appreciated the other for the ease of his company, and now for the terrible jokes. "That makes two of us," he agrees on the subject of the faire, shaking his head. "You're here for the food, I take it?" He's surprised Adrian hasn't choked with how quickly he's been inhaling that drumstick. It smells phenomenal, but Orion's already had his fair share of greasy stall-foods. "I'm here to make sure no idiots get themselves hurt swinging around those Aegislash."

They might look like swords, but they were Pokemon, and dangerous ones at that. Most people seemed conscious of this and listened carefully to the rules set in place around them, but every festival had its share of morons.

Orion leans against a tree, carefully avoiding the banners that have been tied around its trunk. "They didn't specify," he admits, frowning in thought. "A play could be fun. We do well enough we might even get tips." He flashes a grin. He might be here as a volunteer, but who didn't enjoy the prospect of monetary reward? Orion himself wasn't much of a performer, but he did have a dragon. People went nuts for dragons. Orion gestures with a nod toward the large stage set up as a battleground and begins to lead the way toward it. "I think a play could be fun, if you're game. We'd have the stage and everything."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2019 20:12:34 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

[attr="class","adrianscroll"]"Alcremie is going to be our damsel in distress," he said as he released Pastel from her pokeball on a raise platform, picturing her the perfect princess locked away in a castle tower. Orion had mentioned a dragon pokemon, so he took it for granted it was to be their villain, so he considered which pokemon was best suited to be their protagonist...[break][break]

...Or whether it should be a man, a knight. After a moment's consideration he started off in the direction of the sparring pits, hoping to secure them an aegislash. As he stalked away in a sort of distracted daze, he called back to Orion: "I'll be back, then we can start rehearsing." But by now the kids were intrigued, and even some adults. Galaran pokemon were still novelty in and of themselves, it seemed.[break][break]

"Can we use an aegislash for a play?" The keeper at the dueling pits seemed to resent the idea, mostly because it meant taking the pokemon out of the safety of the caged area, and using them without the appropriate armor. But when Adrian dropped the name Orion, they seemed to relax, and the ranger even gave a silent nod in their direction (not that Adrian was privy to it.) It seemed their cast was set.[break][break]

He still had to decide whether he would take to the stage himself or not, but that was a matter they could decide upon rehearsal. Or so he would've hoped, despite the looming crowd forming where Orion was preparing the stage.[break][break]

Original post got overwritten accidentally, so I had to remake it. Pardon any inconsistencies, please!

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 22:01:57 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
this is silly and i love it

Adrian seems to know what he's doing, setting the stage with a Pokemon that Orion's never seen before. She's adorable, even if she's not the ranger's type. Orion nods to Adrian, taking the dragon's Pokeball from his belt. As his partner-in-performance goes to acquire an Aegislash, Orion addresses the crowd. "This is going to involve a dragon, so if anyone's got young children with them, be advised!"

Perhaps it ruined the element of surprise, but he doesn't feel guilty as he notices a few parents lead their children elsewhere. He wanted to put on a show, not give the poor kids nightmares.

He offers a wave to the stallkeeper when he catches their eye, returns the nod that the man gives him as he relinquishes one of the ghostly weapons into Adrian's care. The crowd that's formed by the time the other man returns seems impatient in their expectations, and Orion drops his voice to a whisper that only the other could hear. "I don't think we're going to have time to rehearse," he says quickly, gesturing to the crowd "so we're just going to have to wing it."

He offers an apologetic smile before turning and releasing Niddhogg onto the stage.

The Hydreigon emerges from his Pokeball with a mighty roar, three heads snapping and snarling at the air. He's temperamental at the best of times, but Orion's confident enough in his training regiment that he's no real threat.

"Behold!" he cries, feeling ridiculous but rolling with it. He didn't have a choice! "The mighty Devourer of the East, who has taken our dear princess captive! But who among us is brave enough to rescue the damsel in distress?"

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2019 20:32:41 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

[attr="class","adrianscroll"]"...Well crap." Adrian almost never performed without a rehearsal. The few times he had? Memorable, but not for great reasons. But he bit his lip and sucked it up, figuring it was something of a joke in and of itself. Nobody could expect this to be Shakespearean theater, not on their budget and time frame.[break][break]

Orion seized the opportunity to set their story in motion, titling his dragon-type well he thought, and the creature was certainly frightening enough. Adrian wasn't sure he wanted to put himself in front of that beast, but the aegislash didn't have the sense for theatrics they were going for... It was complacent being held, intervening only when mishandled. He could exploit that...[break][break]

"None but I," Adrian took to the stage, raising his sword arm in declaration, staring down the full-grown Hydreigon. Outside of this situation, this would've been madness, but right now was his chance to enjoy a bit of swordplay. Hopefully it was as fun as it looked. "Protector of Innocents, Sword of the West, I am come..." he tried to mimic Orion's approach, perhaps failing to some degree...[break][break]

"...to put you to the sword..." His sword arm had pointedly gestured towards the Hydreigon, provoking it further. With aegislash wrapped around his arms and shoulders, its shield stretch down to his left hand, the sword-like body gripped firmly in his right—he felt invincible. There was a pause where the dragon simply snapped and snarled with three different heads while Adrian simply gave theatrical pause.[break][break]

"Now have at thee, wretch!" He swung at the Hydreigon...

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 21:17:56 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes

... who snarls as the sword cuts through the air, the dragon swerving gracefully to avoid it.

Softly, so as not to be heard but by perhaps the closest members of the crowd, Orion gives his Hydreigon direction. "Aim for the Aegislash, not the guy holding it. No Dragon Pulse." He doesn't want Adrian to get clipped by the blast if Nidhogg were to miss, even if it was his coolest attack.

Nidhogg offers another mighty roar, his three heads whipping around to stare down both Adrian and the gathered crowd with its terrifying visage. The scary faces seem to unsettle people; that's good, that's what they're going for...

Orion nods, and Nidhogg brings his tail up to slam against the shield of the Aegislash, who thankfully wouldn't feel any pain from the normal-type move. Jaws open to reveal the stark-white fangs of the middle head, then crunch shut close to Adrian's sword arm... but not too close, Orion notes with pride.

"The Devourer has left himself open to attack!" Orion calls out to the crowd, confidence rising. "But is our Sword up to the challenge?"

He gives Adrian a go-for-it sort of nod, then directs a whisper toward his dragon. "First time he hits you with it, play dead."

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
763 height
763 height
awards
2,390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 23:45:22 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar

[attr="class","adrianscroll"]Even though Adrian was taking every swing seriously, the Hydreigon was only toying with him, which was a disconcerting realization that made him glad this was only for entertainment. If he'd had to fend this thing off alone... Well, maybe if his sword arm wasn't already beginning to feel like a limp noodle, things would've been different...[break][break]

A tail came rushing for him, but he raised the shield up to catch it, the aegislash helping him to reach in time. Although it hardly rattled either pokemon, Adrian could feel his funny bone beginning to tingle. And to think he had been asking for this kind of opportunity. Perhaps he was truly some sort of sadomasochist, deep down.[break][break]

He was forced to take a step back as the Hydreigon's mouth crunched at the space he'd just been standing in, but now he was able to press the advantage, shoving the shield towards the idle pokemon and bashing its snout. Now he'd made it angry, or at least annoyed. It lunged at him again, this time a bit faster, but once again he was able to step back before it could close its mouth around his sword arm.[break][break]

Having rushed at him once more, it had opened itself to a skewering thrust. And yet once more it simply contorted itself around the blade, coiling its necks in such a way as to avoid the edge as his blade pierced nothing but air...[break][break]

But Adrian followed up the maneuver by dragging the blade vertically downward, hoping to catch the Hydreigon's collar bone, seeking to ground the beast with the weight of his sword. The Hydreigon didn't seem too surprised by this, but feigned a mortal blow, collapsing to the ground with a bit of progressively slower thrashing before faking its own death.[break][break]

Exhausted beyond expectation, he'd almost dropped the blade, but raised it up high in a sort of triumphant pose. Some of the crowd clapped, congratulating them on the show. Others might've been scoffing, he couldn't be too sure their performance was received well unanimously, but it was enough for him to have it finally be over. He'd probably only swung the sword a dozen times, but it felt more like lead in his arms than anything.[break][break]

He cast a weary, warning glance Orion's way, as if to say: Don't rope me into stuff like this again. Oh, and you owe me big time...

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 2:38:57 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes

Though he knows it all to be an act, all in good fun for the sake of drawing a crowd, Orion can't help but feel tense as he stands to the side and watches Adrian do battle with Hydreigon.

Someone gasps as Adrian narrowly dodges snapping jaws and the Hydreigon retaliates by curling away from a thrust of the Aegislash sword. Orion smiles a little, at that. Even if some would walk away unimpressed by their improvised show, they had someone on the edge of their proverbial seat. Good enough!

Blade makes contact with scale, and Nidhogg roars and thrashes in a way that suggests he'd been far more wounded than he was. Though his levitation keeps him from making contact with the ground, he falls back in dramatic fashion with all three heads snarling in 'agony'.

At last, the beast's 'death throes' still, and Orion gives a slight bow to the crowd before recalling his Pokemon.

"Thanks," Orion says to Adrian as he stoops to collect what donations had been thrown onto the stage. He'd give his unfortunate companion his fair share of the rewards; Adrian had earned it, going toe-to-toe with a dragon. Even if it was staged. "Sorry about your arm! I owe you one."

With a nod, he returns to his duties.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
summons [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 3:50:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, one free move of choice for one pokemon (redeem in site shop)!