orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 10:45:11 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@open
notes
no need to ask, just hop in <3 feel free to invent some sort of danger, or we can request something after![break]mission

Hoenn's colder than it's been in a long time, at least according to Orion's memory. For once, the dreaded heat from Mt. Chimney is a welcome respite from the ice and snow.

He's performing a routine patrol along the mountain paths, looking for trainers or Pokemon in need of help, when he sees a relatively small bird carrying a comparatively huge bag. It's such a funny sight that he stops in his tracks and just watches for a moment, the poor Delibird barely managing to move the bag a few feet in the time it takes for Orion to snap out of it.

"Hey little guy," he greets it, laughs when the Delibird chirps back at him. "I think that bag's a bit big for ya."

It chirps again, indignant this time.

"Hey, no need for the attitude! Where are you trying to take it, anyway?"

It points a feathery appendage in the vague direction of... Orion thinks it might be Fallarbor, but up on the mountain it's kind of hard to tell.

A Scizor emerges from her Pokeball with an angry buzzing sound and a clack of pincers. Orion gestures to the sack that Delibird is still rather stubbornly trying to drag along.

"Can you help him? Please?"

Though she doesn't seem particularly thrilled, Aether complies, hoisting the bag into the air.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]color:#9e76b1; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 18:59:46 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]
[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

hunting birds sounded easy enough when he had a capable team on his side. dante might have been a bit bigger than your everyday litten but he still had some of the same instincts, one of those being hunting small creatures. of course a delibird was going to be much bigger than something like a torchic and probably colder. ice types were cold-blooded right? probably right. with his big feline and black bird in tow with him he was sure they would find it as well as the other person handling this job in no time.

tracking it was easy with eyes in the sky and nose to the ground, both pokemon were going to make this a cinch. however it was shinra that managed to pick u a trail when he noticed footprints in the snow that belonged to a person and not a pokemon. as they followed the trail in the distance the image of a guy with a delibird came into view. that was easy enough.

"yo!" shinra shouted out as he started to jog up to them with his two pokemon in tow. "guess you beat us to the punch huh? looks like this guy's trying to handle too much. ain't there like...a union for them or something?" shinra chuckled only to be met with angry cries from the delibird as it walked up to him with a glare on its face.

"whoa whoa easy, didn't mean no harm. just saying ya should have a partner or something. like me and him." he gestured a finger between him and orion to signify that they were technically working together on this one. "so where is this guy supposed to be heading anyway?"

[attr="class","merrktagI"]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #ec4b99; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2019 6:55:22 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
feel free to invent some sort of danger, or mod request something![break]mission

Shinra would approach in time to see the stubborn Delibird attempting to wrestle his bag from the Scizor's iron grasp, the bug-type looking entirely unamused as she lifts the bag higher — and poor Delibird with it.

"No, stop — put him down, Aether — she's just trying to help you, buddy!"

Orion turns to the stranger with a hollow laugh, the strain and exasperation evident in his expression. Aether's set both bag and carrier down upon the ground. She glares at Orion, who firmly ignores the attitude.

"This your charge, then?" He gestures at the now snow-covered Delibird, currently glowering up at Scizor. "Aether and I are trying to give him a hand but he's being really prickly about it."

It chirps irritably and the ranger raises his brows at the newcomer as if to say, 'see what I mean?'

"He pointed that way," Orion says, gesturing, "which could mean Fallarbor? Could also mean the middle of nowhere, but he's gotta be taking it somewhere. What do you know?"

The way he'd rocked up, it seemed like this guy knew more than Orion about what was going on.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2019 14:42:53 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"i know just as much as you buddy, all i was asked to find nd help this delibird. was sort of expecting poachers to find him before us." it just meant that the mission was going to be easy! or hard, if they did run into poachers or something on their way. "we do gotta help the poor bastard get to the nearest town anyway so its probably good no one else found him."

the bird gave an angry squawk as it pulled on its sack one more time as it jumped up to the scizor and used its weight to pull on the bag, only for it to suddenly make a ripping sound. "Hey do you hear-?"

riiiiiiiip

the bag burst open and presents spilled all over the snow as the delibird landed on its feathery butt once more. as a present landed on its lap a look of horror spread across its face in a second and loud wailing squawks escaped its mouth. "well...THAT happened. don't suppose you have a spare bag?" he posed the question to orion as he picked up one of the presents in his hands and turned it over while checking for damage, "cause i wasn't ready to play santa claus. hey...is it...is it gonna cry-" sure enough the delibird then started to slow down its wailing as its squawks started to sound pathetic and it began to sniffle and tear up in the eye.

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #ec4b99; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2019 12:56:51 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
poor birb[break]mission

"That's more than me," Orion points out. His eyebrows lift at the mention of poachers, but he doesn't comment. "I was just doing a routine patrol when I stumbled across him."

He turns his attention away from the Pokemon for only a few seconds, but that's all it takes for disaster to strike. The ranger visibly winces at the sound of tearing fabric, his grim expression answering Shinra's question before he even opens his mouth.

"... No. No, I don't."

It would be bad enough if the poor Delibird hadn't started wailing, and Orion offers his own Pokemon a withering look as she crosses her pincers and buzzes defiantly. He imagines that if she could speak, she'd be saying, 'Not my fault.'

His gaze finds Fallarbor in the distance, multi-coloured holiday lights blinking like tiny stars. It was a long way without this new development.

"Hey, Delibird," Orion says awkwardly, "don't cry, bud, we'll... figure something out."

Having sensed the commotion around his trainer, an Absol picks its way down the mountain ridge to join them. Orion tilts his head thoughtfully. "Hear me out. I do have some rope in my bag." He shifts said bag off his shoulder and onto the ground. It's heavy and filled to the brim with first-aid essentials and typical ranging supplies. "Maybe we could figure out some sort of sleigh system? Y'know, like in the movies."

Katas appears impassive to the idea, sitting next to the Delibird and—? Orion thinks he's trying to comfort the wailing bird, but it's always hard to tell when they can't speak.

"My Pokemon's complicated your job tenfold, least I can do is help find a solution."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 17:52:50 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

hearing the cries of the delibird was a little heartbreaking to say the least. the poor guy was just trying to do his job and now it was next to impossible to do it alone. as orion mentioned some rope and a sleigh shinra knew someone that might help them out with such an idea. releasing from his pokeball shinra let dervish get some fresh cold air as he shook off some sleepiness and looked between everyone in the group when his eyes stopped trying to close on their own. "we can probably tie what's let of the sack to him with the rope and he can pull it. rest of us can carry some of the gifts that don't fit. ya can hold a few can't ya dante?"

the incineroar let out a gruff of agreement and showed off his muscles, using bulk up on his own to increase his own strength as he effortlessly gathered a few of the gifts and piled them into a comically large tower that he somehow managed to balance on his own. shinra turned his gaze to the corvisquire that had been sitting pretty quiet behind the group, "moriarty, keep watch on the skies and let us know if we're getting closer to the next town yeah?" the bird simply nodded and took off into the sky while shinra gathered the torn sack and tried to bag what he could inside the remains and tie it together with the rope and tie the other end to dervish.

"that outta hold. whaddya think delibird? you can ride on derv if ya like. rest those wings a little!"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 10:51:03 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
apparently absol is based off a mythological dog-beast. the more ya know. [break]mission

Shinra releases a Nidorino from its Pokeball, and Orion can practically sense the relief coming from his Absol. He knows Katas would have pulled their makeshift sleigh if asked, but it had been obvious he hadn't been too keen on the idea. Orion scratches behind his horn in silent consolation, then gives Shinra a nod.

"Sounds good."

Orion watches with interest as the bird takes to the skies; he didn't recognize the species, but that had been happening more and more often.

"From Galar?" he guesses, gesturing in the direction of the Corvisquire. "I got a pretty interesting Pokemon from there, myself."

He'd learned it was called a Dreepy, but hadn't figured out much more than that.

A flash of light reveals a Weavile, the ice-type glancing around with claws poised before registering the lack of threat and relaxing.

"Chei," Orion says, getting his attention, "grab up some of those gifts, please? Try not to damage them with those claws of yours."

He smiles at his Pokemon to convey his humour, supervising as his Scizor and Weavile gathered up what gifts the Incineroar hadn't. Orion's not so sure of the stability of Dante's gift-stack, but he seems to be managing and thus the ranger keeps such thoughts to himself.

"All right. We ready?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 19:25:57 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"i think so. i think i read a story bout that place having a whole flock of these things as knights or something." if that was true then...well that was just a cool fact in general. as orion helped out as well with his own pokemon the group was on their way to town. the delibird dragged its feet alongside its sack, slowly catching up to the nidorino and letting out another angry squawk, scaring both the poison type and its trainer. "whoa what's up-oh."

the delibird hopped up onto dervish's back and gave it a kick of its feet, signaling him to continue on his way. shinra just rolled his eyes as he followed the two, "so buddy, what kinda plans ya got for the holidays? spending it with some family?" it was going to be a while till they get there, so they might as well pass the time somehow. "ooooor, you got a special someone your gonna visit?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 20:22:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
apparently absol is based off a mythological dog-beast. the more ya know. [break]mission

"Knights, huh?"

It doesn't really look like a knight to him, just like a bird, but who was he to judge Galarian culture? Hoenn had some weird customs as well. Growing up in the region meant they all felt normal to Orion, but maybe someone from Alola or Unova might find their Renaissance Faire weird.

The ranger blinks at the feisty bird as it yells at poor Nidorino, its mood apparently not having improved from earlier petulance.

He's considering his holiday plans when Shinra follows up, and the laugh that bursts from his throat is as sudden as it is strained.

"Oh, no," he says, turning a bit red when his brain catches up to the embarrassment of the outburst. "No, I haven't got anyone like that."

No family, either, but that's something he doesn't elaborate on. That's something that still hurts like a knife to the heart when he thinks too much about it, so he represses it as best he can.

"Probably just going to stay in and marathon something," he shrugs. He's intentionally vague about his plans, because truthfully he has none. "Maybe use it as an excuse to make a big meal. Nothing too fancy. You?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2019 17:28:18 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

Now it was shinra's turn to feel embarrassed. he himself never really had any family either here, what with him moving on his own once he had a way of supporting himself. thinking about it now when was the last time he contacted his family? the more he thought about it the more guilt was starting to build up in his chest. Wanting to shake it off he did catch what the guy said about using it as an excuse for an extravagant meal over the holidays.

"well i usually camp out during the holiday. y'know kinda just hang out with my pokemon under the stars and around a big fire. crap i might have to make a bigger fire. gotten a lot more mouths to feed nowadays." how many pokemon has he caught within the last month? feels like a lot. like an entire teams worth. "and before you ask yes we'll be fine. I have a few fire types to keep us warm. plus we know how to forage berries.

he's been asked how he even survives doing something like that and well, surviving for one night isn't that hard? well it was never a problem for shinra but maybe he just had a knack for it or was really more invested than he could admit. "hey...is that the town in the distance? i think we're almost there. ain't that great delibird?" he asked the bird who just gave him a glare, making the man gulp and swallow his excitement.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 23:54:38 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
sorry for the wait! [break]mission

"That sounds nice." Camping was something Orion had plenty of experience, what with being a ranger and all. There was a certain charm to spending the night out in the wilds, nothing but nature and Pokemon for company. "Fire'll be nice with all the snow we've been getting lately. Ridiculous."

His boots crunch it underfoot and it drifts lazily from the sky; it's pretty to look at, but a danger to the Hoennian wildlife that were used to a more tropical climate.

He waves a dismissive hand when Shinra jumps to his own defense.

"I don't assume anyone's incapable." Honestly, it was more that Orion had to have a good reason to offer up his help. He preferred working with Pokemon, not people, so he wasn't one to jump the gun unless someone asked for assistance. "Main thing I'd worry about is the fire attracting a lot of wild Pokemon to you in the middle of the night."

Delibird doesn't seem at all grateful for their assistance, which... on one hand, Orion could kind of understand the Pokemon's frustration, it had ripped its sack, but hey! They were helping, now. It could be a little nicer about it.

"Yeah, that's Fallarbor all right. We supposed to drop him off at the Center, or...?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 4:32:52 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

"see that's why you go out and camp with your pokemon. they can keep you safe from any strays that come out during the night. or you could lay out some traps or something. never really had any trouble with wild pokemon coming near me but i guess i've just been lucky that way." he wouldn't lie and said his camping trips were easy but he never did really run into wild pokemon. he knew where a lot of common areas they might frequent where one would set up camp so he generally avoided such areas.

the topic of camping would have to wait as the group managed to come into view of the town and the pace started to pick up as they passed the sign saying they were now near fallabor. "yeah, drop him off at the center. sure they could fix his sack for him there." not that he knew of any pokemon center that had sewing supplies nearby but delibird were sort of the unofficial mascots of postal service, it would make sense that they were given extra special care of in centers.

as they made their way to the center shinra stopped the little sleigh and let the delibird disembark as he set the presents together in one pile. "you go on ahead with our little buddy right there, i'ma help sort out all these gifts. i'd say we did a pretty good job." the delibird shot him a glare in which shinra did his best to avert his gaze away from it. "ok so we did an ok job. we still did it didn't we?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 6:23:03 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
thank u for the thread~ [break]mission

"I wouldn't lay out traps." There's a sudden edge to his tone, an intensity. Perhaps Shinra doesn't mean the Pokemon any harm, but Orion's seen the result of poachers and hunters and doesn't like to even entertain the thought. "My Pokemon are capable enough, though. Yours seem like it, too."

After all, there wasn't a whole lot in a forest that would want to mess with an Incineroar.

Being that he was a ranger, Orion's been to this Center several times before; he excuses himself from Shinra's company for a moment to flag down one of the aides that doesn't seem to have too much on his hands. Giving him the run-down of the situation, he returns to the other as the aide rushes off to presumably find some sort of accomodations and help for the Delibird. As for Orion, his work effectively ended here.

"I'll get in contact with the Rangers, let 'em know this one's safe." He's already texting as he speaks, fingers tapping away furiously. "We did more than OK: he's alive, we're alive, and all the gifts are intact."

He ignores the frustrated squawking and glaring from their charge.

"Pleasure working with you," he says, more a formality than anything. "I'd better get going. See you around."

He lifts his hand in a wave, and then he's gone.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,241 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
present [o] [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 7:47:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 75 pokédollars, 5 infamy, 1x free safari ticket.
[break]