played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 21:40:21 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
The day was off to a rough start.

Just getting to Ever Grande City had been hard enough – she could count the amount of times she’d flown with one hand, and that made for a terrible piloting experience.
Her reward was a beautiful, well cared-for city of trainers’ dreams. The few buildings she could see exuded prestige and polish. The flowers and meadows were shaped and maintained. All great things, and none of them were words people would use to describe Annie. Even without her baggy tracksuit, she looked out of place in the city.

The cleanliness, the wealth of it all… It was worlds away from what she was used to. A boutique mall was the closest she’d come to a place like that, and she rarely found herself close to professionals at work when she wasn’t in danger (or moments away from getting arrested).

She’d already had an awkward encounter with security and the receptionists. They’d searched her before they let her into the room, confiscated her backpack, and raised a fuss about her pocket knife. She didn’t know whether to be more frustrated or embarrassed, explaining to them that some people didn’t have the luxury of a place to leave their stuff overnight. Everything she had to her name was on her person. Or was. All she had left were a few Pokeballs and what she’d put on that morning.

It’d left her feeling like she didn’t want to be there at all, and it showed. Her brow was furrowed, her fingers were fiddly when they weren’t hidden in her pockets, and she sat with a slouch (though that last one might have been a result of her upbringing).

Still, she stayed put. She had to. A member of Camp Annie could use some help, and what kind of leader would she be if she ignored that? It went against the Camp Annie Tenets – or at least, that one she’d made up days before. She’d learn to bear with the discomfort if it meant better days for her most mysterious creature.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 17:43:12 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

character iconWhen Annie enters the waiting room she's greeted by the head scientist's assistant. "Annie Mei I presume? Mr. Lane will be ready to see you in a few minutes. For now feel free to sit."

Nearly a quarter of an hour passes before the assistant pipes up again. "Mr. Lane will see you now." Standing up from her desk the assistant goes to open the door for Annie.

Light streams in through a large window, illuminating the entirety of the room. Plants feed on it while ancient masks on display cast long shadows. Towards the back of the spacious office Lucas sat hard at work. "Annie I'm so happy you could make it. Please, come, take a seat." He motions to a seat near the machoke that also sat in the room. "You can disregard Brad here. Doctor said he had to be out of his ball."

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 20:17:19 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
Annie wasn’t sure whether she minded being kept waiting or not. Half or her wanted to get her stuff and leave; the other wanted to rip the bandage off, get the meeting over with as soon as possible. After fifteen minutes spent arguing with herself, he was ready for her. She walked in, pursed lips slightly loosened by the surprise that was Lucas Lane. He was younger than she’d expected. Some might have even said he was handsome.

“Oh. It’s, er, nice to meet you too.” Between her reason for arriving and her general inexperience with all things formal, it was no surprise that she seemed a bit confused. An arm was outstretched a few seconds too late. Would he take the handshake? Was the introduction handshake worthy? One thing was for sure – it was a far cry from her usual boisterous self. The worry was written on her face, not just for her beast, but for herself.

“You have a medicine Pokemon?” The squint in her eyes that followed told that she’d realised too late that wasn’t the best first question. With it placed so close to where she was to sit, it felt more like security than a doctor’s order. Maybe that was just her nerves talking, reminding her of too many close calls with the kind of crooks that needed the extra muscle. Still, if he was lying, it was too late for her to flee the lion’s den. She had a friend to help, and she’d already come that far.
Plus, they had all of her stuff.

And so she sat down. Her hands fell upon her laps, but she was making a visible effort not to fidget with them. “I’m the one that’s happy,” she said, in a tone that indicated anything but joy. “You didn’t have to meet with me, and I’m sure you have a lot on your plate already. I appreciate you taking the time to hear me out.”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 21:57:39 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

character icon"I got in a car accident a while back leaving me in a wheelchair." Lucas pats the armrest of his wheelchair. "He was assigned to me when I got discharged. Meant to support me as I recover."

"It was no problem at all." Lucas' entire schedule for the next few days was reorganized to make time for the meeting. "I'm just happy you made it safe and sound." He flashes a smile that appears genuine and full of warmth. Turning back to the computer monitor on the desk he opens up a recording application and presses play.

"So what do you need Annie? A little help with a science project at school, or are you just interested in what we do here?" Lucas leans forward in his wheelchair. His entire attention was on Annie.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 22:45:48 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
The man seemed… Nice. Almost too nice, her mind whispered, before the calmer half chased those thoughts away. If the man meant to ease her worries, he was doing a damn good job, batting away every reason for suspicion she could muster up. She paused to listen, and to remind herself to breath. Relax. At least a little bit.

“It’s not an easy place to get to… But most places aren’t if you don’t have the right transport. I found a way eventually.” Which was to say that some of the city’s residents likely heard her screams before they saw her, clinging for dear life onto the back of her Drampa.

“No science project. I don’t go t-“ She quickly shook her head, realising that she wasn’t nearly calm enough for the questions that would prompt. “I am interested, but that’s not what I came here for. I think it’d be easier if I just showed you.”

She retrieved a Pokeball from her pocket – the only one they’d allowed her to bring, for obvious reasons – and pointed it beside her chair. A click of its button summoned a creature that was, by definition, a Pokemon. Its body seemed to be made up of at least six different drafts of a Pokemon, and that was without including its helmet. It towered over the Machoke, to say nothing of the humans. Dull eyes settled on the other Pokemon, then the scientist, and finally on Annie as she stood up.

“It’s alright, I’m still here. Nothing to worry about.” As intimidating as the chimera could be, Annie was unfazed. If anything, having a familiar face in the room did wonders for her confidence. Either that, or she was putting on a good show for the beast. She put on a smile for it; it gave nothing in return but the same intense stare.

“This is Frankie.” She rested a hand against its side as she turned to Lucas, gauging his reaction.
wizz

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 23:08:22 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

character iconA frown pulls at the edges of his mouth. "We get that a lot unfortunately. Isn't really easy to get here without a car." Last summer the most of the university and college interns had to be brought to the facility via a shuttle.

"Show me what?" Lucas' voice trails off and a hand slides beneath his desk as Annie reaches to retrieve pokeball. His hand hovered by an emergency button obscured by wood.

It takes a moment for Lucas to process what he was seeing. Eyebrows arch towards the sky while his mouth is left agape. "Where'd you find thi-" he cuts himself off. "Where'd you find Frankie?" His voice was honeyed now.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 23:24:10 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She’d heard it. A moment of surprise that lifted the mask. Was it the shock, or a red flag? She wasn’t sure, and more importantly, it didn’t matter. She’d already shown her little problem, and she doubted that she’d be allowed safe passage out until she explained it. Explaining it meant answering questions that were going to be increasingly uncomfortable, and her face showed that she knew as such.

She’d also given herself time to prepare to answer them honestly. It helped. A little.

“’Found’ isn’t the right word.” She paused again. Once she gave her answer, there was no going back… But it was the only way she knew to help it. “I made Frankie, not too long ago… From the plans Cotillard left behind. And I was kinda hoping you could help me figure out what I’ve built.” Only the beast’s eyes moved, switching its stare from trainer to scientist.
wizz

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 22:48:18 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

character iconThe entirety of Lucas Lane's attention was on Annie. Eyebrows furrow slightly when she corrects herself.

"Why don't we slow things down a bit," he says softly. "Lets focus on those plans you mentioned. I think that'd be a good place to start, don't you?" Eyes hover over Frankie for a split second. "I also feel it'd be best to keep Frankie in his ball for now too. Not much space around here for him to run is there?" His lips form into a soft smile.

"So how'd these plans come into your position. Was he a friend, a teacher, a parent?" He trails off.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 9:17:50 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
The girl slowly shook her head as the hint flew over it. “Frankie’s not much of a roamer. I think it prefers to watch and learn.” Indeed, her chimera had barely moved – even its eyes were still fixed on her. Only time and perseverance had taught her not to fear them. It probably didn’t mean any harm. Probably.

“The man, Cotillard… I didn’t know him for long. A few weeks, maybe. He hung around the parts of town most people avoided. He had me running… errands for him, and I guess he liked me. Or felt bad for me. Doesn’t really matter which,” she lied. Narrowed eyes told that the latter was definitely a sore spot for her. “So he’d give me these USBs for every job. Nothing on them but jumbled messes, but once everything I asked and put all the files on them together… It was like they fixed each other?” The intricacies of encryption were clearly lost on a girl like her.

“There were instructions. Parts, and how to use them. By the time I realised what it made, I was already almost done.” She could have stopped, she reminded herself, but curiosity compelled her to find out what the madman thought the fruits of her labour were worth. Guilt seeped into her voice as she finished. “And that’s how Frankie was born.” The beast killer offered no reaction, as always.
wizz

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 14:26:02 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avienbox"]
[attr="class","avienheader"]
[attr="class","avienicon"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-wheelchair"]

[attr="class","avientext"]

"What kind of errands did you run for Cotillard?" Lucas Lane asks, inquisitive about their nature. "If you don't mind me asking," he quickly adds after the change in Annie's facial expression.[break][break]

As Annie brushes past the Pokemon's creation the scientist makes a motion with his hand for her to slow down. "Okay just, just slow down a moment. What kind of parts did you have to use?" There was a slight puzzled expression on Lucas Lane's face. "And for equipment. You surely needed some, no? Did that also come from Cotillard, or someone else?"

[attr="class","avienooc"]

notes

[break]
[attr="class","avientag"]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 300px; min-height: 300px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;--m[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 300px; height: 75px; background: #CC9964;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]padding-left: 30px; padding-top: 10px; color: #2e2e2e; font-size: 55px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc p,.avientag]padding-left: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientag a]color: #b1b6bc!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 18:58:55 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
Something about the man’s words gave her pause. He’d practically see the hamster wheel in her head trying to figure out why. “You haven’t asked once why I came to you about this.” Apprehension settled into her gaze once she’d spoken the words aloud.

“Lots of questions about the hows and the wheres and the whos. Shouldn’t we be talking about what it’s like? If there’s something wrong with it? What we can do to make it more comfortable? Does what I used or where I got it from really help with that?” She wasn’t sure whether she sounded more concerned for herself or her creation. It took note, shifting its glare to the scientist that troubled her.
wizz

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 1:35:11 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","lnr lnr-wheelchair"]

A soft sigh escapes his lips. "Well you said it earlier, no? You wanted help figuring out more about Frankie. About what you've built." There was an emphasis on the latter. "I thought that'd been made plenty clear."[break][break]

"What you used and where you got it from would be a good place to ground our research in. If you insist I'll put such questions on hold for now." Lucas Lane reaches for a clipboard on his desk and a pencil to write with. "Now, since you didn't mention it immediately I'll assume there's no noticeable health issues?" He jots down a few words on the blank paper, but looks towards Annie for an answer. "And he's, correct me if it's a she, comfortable with enclosed spaces? You said he's not much of a roamer before."

notes

[break]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 300px; min-height: 300px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;--m[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 300px; height: 75px; background: #CC9964;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]padding-left: 30px; padding-top: 10px; color: #2e2e2e; font-size: 55px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 19:50:20 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
Her eyes tilted towards guilt, and not just because she knew where the conversation would lead. “You’re right,” she sighed, albeit a gentle one. “Sorry. It’s me, I’m just… nervous. I’m worried about it.” And herself. “I’m not sure which gender Frankie is. That’s part of why I went with the name. Pretty neutral. That, and... you know.” Both arms stretched out, directing his gaze to the thing she’d created.

“Physically, it seems fine. More than fine. Frankie’s really strong, actually. Mentally…” Already outstretched arms re-emphasised the chimera. “Most of the time, it just stands and stares at whatever’s around. I’ve managed to get it to listen to me, follow orders, not try to murder everything around it… But it doesn’t have much, er… character? Personality? I can’t tell whether its confused or scared to do anything or just doesn’t care. As for spaces… it’s doing about as well as it ever does in here, but I can’t say I’ve ever tried putting it in anything smaller. Besides a Pokeball, obviously.”
wizz

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 23:16:41 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avienparty"]

Lucas jots down notes as Annie talks.[break][break]

"Murder anything around it? Is that the reason for the helmet on his head?" He looks up from the clipboard towards Annie. There was a slight concern written on his face. "No one was hurt I hope." Lucas waves a hand towards the helmet. "I'm also assuming Cotillard left plans for that too didn't he?"

notes

[break]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 400px; min-height: 200px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 400px; height: 50px; background: #CC9964; display: flex; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienparty]padding-left: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]display: inline; padding-right: 5px;opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon:hover]opacity:1; transition: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienActive]opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Let's be Frank
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 21:35:27 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]“It’s not its fault.” She answered a little quickly, and even Frankie noticed, its gaze shifting back to her. She pursed her lips for a moment, thinking through her next words carefully. “Frankie didn’t kill anybody, but when it was born, it didn’t know any better. It was violent, but I got it under control. Eventually. I’m not a half bad trainer, you know.” She managed a smile, if only for a second.

“The plans called it a limiter helmet. There were a lot of words, and I didn’t understand most of them, but it sounded really important.”

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]