played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 19:49:15 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
A voicemail was left on the phone of one Samuel Zaheer, holding the voice of a rather concerned child.

“Hey, er… Mister Samuel? It’s Annie. Annie Mei, from the farm. We helped keep some Wooloo safe before, and then you gave me your business card in case I needed help. Well, I kinda need help now. I caught a new Pokemon, and he’s, er… difficult. And not in a nice way. Really aggressive to pretty much everyone. I can’t keep him out of his ball for long. So I thought of you and the way your guys were so calm and controlled and thought you might know how to handle this! So if you’re around, I’ll be in Littleroot for the next few days. I’m using a payphone because I don’t have one, but I’ll try to hang around the Pokemon Center so I’m easy to find. Or just shout my name, and I’ll hear you eventually. Hopefully I’ll see you soon. Bye…!”

True to her word, the girl could be found sitting at a table inside the town’s Center. Or rather, glaring at the table whilst sitting at it.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Problem Child
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 4:44:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
This wasn’t out of the realm of ideas Samuel had when it came to what she could have eventually called him about. Honestly he hoped it had been something simpler and less dangerous but alas here they were. He didn’t waste any time getting to Littleroot, an unruly Pokémon could be extremely dangerous depending the species.

Though the thought of it being something as silly as a rowdy Lilipup did cross his mind and he wasn’t sure how angry he’d be if that were the case. She wouldn’t be the type to do something that silly right? Hopefully she wouldn’t be wasting his time.

”Hey there kiddo.” He’d say, finding the girl where she said she’d be. ”Oh c’mon now, what’s with that face?” Samuel tilted his head to the side. ”Pouting isn’t going to change things ya know.” He’d wave a hand dismissively.

”Anyway I’m here now so all your problems are gone. Let’s get this started quickly then, tell me about this beasty as we get somewhere more safe to release it.”

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 15:19:03 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging: @samuel
Help arrived! …In the form of a very smug blonde. She’d let the arrogance slide, mostly because she had called for him. She was more relieved than anything else, and it showed from the way her face lit up. “You came! Thanks, Mister Samuel. Really means a lot to me.”

She stood up, slowly shaking her head. “It’s easy to say ‘don’t worry about it’ when it’s not your problem…” She gestured for the door and started heading for it. A deep breath preceded her explanation. “I went out to the mountains. There was this family of Pokemon. Big family, of reeeally big Pokemon. And it seemed like a good idea at the time, you know, to catch one. So I did.”

Her voice deflated. “…I kinda thought that’d be the end of that. But this big guy, it seems he’s… not too happy about being part of Camp Annie. Any time I send him out, he’s grumpy straight away, and pretty soon after things get violent. I’ve had Pokemon that are slow to come around to joining the team before, but it’s pretty hard to talk things out when he might want me in the hospital.”

She’d led them to the outskirts of town and towards a clearing. “I’ll just, er… get backup ready.” With that, Trixie was sent out. The Whimsicott cheered as it saw its trainer, but the look in Annie’s eyes and the open field made her slowly realize what was to come: more ‘fun times’ with the Goliath.

“I dunno. I thought, maybe, you might have some experience with this kind of thing.” Two pairs of hopeful eyes watched Samuel.

wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Problem Child
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 8:49:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The story she told him had some glaring problems which more than likely contributed heavily to her problem. One could barely blame anyone, even a Pokémon, for being upset about being taken away from their home and family. Add on top of that the Pokémon probably felt that Annie was in position to giving it orders.

”I’ve had my fair share of dealing with problem Pokémon. And many of them happen similarly to the problem you got here. Pokémon’s taken away from its family and home with people it doesn’t trust.” Some of those experiences weren’t exactly of the most upstanding and legal kind but those were actually the worst of it, she couldn’t have asked anyone better to help her with this.

”Usually a symptom of how the Pokémon was captured. A lot of people have the luxury of one on one captures when they go wild hunting. Creates a more intimate atmosphere, allows for both Pokémon and trainer to get a better sense of each other.” He rubbed his chin as he continued.

”Alright it might be a bit of work but we’ll get this to work." He'd have some pokemon ready just in case things went incredibly south.

"Send the big guy out and tell me more specifically how you managed to catch it. Was in a run of the mill battle, weaken it, and then capture?”

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 9:51:24 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Was that the problem? Most of the Pokemon Annie found were lone travellers; as far as she knew, they had no family, just like her. To have one, and then have some random human run in and take it away… She felt a pang of guilt. It might have been stronger, but the violence that stemmed from it had drained a lot of her sympathy. “I’m trustworthy,” was all she could muster in defence, but even that was half-hearted.

She nodded to Trixie, giving herself an easy excuse to avoid meeting Samuel’s eyes. The cotton ball started searching through the grass for something. “You’re gonna wanna to back up. He doesn’t take too kindly to strangers. Or anybody, really. Catching him wasn’t anything that fancy. I just threw a Pokeball into a crowd of them. Got lucky, because he didn’t break out. Sent my Scizor in to get the ball and then we ran like hell before they could kill us for it.” Her small frown grew as she realised a capture that enraged both her target and his family might have been the cause of her troubles.

Trixie returned to her trainer’s side, waving a tall blade of grass around. “Alright, we’re all set.” She hesitated to withdraw the Pokeball, but soon enough it clicked open. White energy contorted into a creature that dwarfed them all. Two metres of armoured beast stood on the field, but something was off about it. It wasn’t just that it was immediately annoyed; if Samuel had seen a Tyranitar before, he’d surely notice that Goliath’s colours weren’t quite right.

“Hey.” He followed the voice. Saw Annie. Roared. His cry carried for dozens of metres, which meant that for somebody as close as Annie, covering her ears was a reflex. If she’d been trying to act confident, she was off to a bad start, and the nervous wavering in her voice as she continued didn’t help. “I was hoping that, maybe, we could try talking again? Feels like we got off on the wrong foot last time.” The titan was glaring, and it was becoming clear that they were seconds away from a battle if nothing changed.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Problem Child
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 18:13:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Samuel wasn’t actually concerned about his own safety but to appease the girl he made some distance between himself and her. But it was very obvious where he problem was coming from based on that story she told him.

And it seemed the girl realized that as well so Samuel kept his mouth shut for now, no need to rub it in. He watched carefully as she summoned the might beast and immediately Samuel’s interest was piqued, the Tyranitar was shiny. Now that was quite the catch, the smuggler’s mind racing with ideas of how much a Pokémon like this would sell.

He wasn’t fazed much by the Tyranitar’s roaring, Samuel had too many Pokémon on his own team who could make an appearance like that to be bothered by it anymore. However, the way the girl not only responded but spoke to the Tyranitar made him shake his head. ”Bah! What was that?!” He exclaimed, bewildered at the girl’s approach.

”Do you think a Tyranitar is going to respond to a weak-willed trainer? Especially one that’s already mad at them?!” He laughed at the very thought of it.

”You’re basically admitting to the Pokémon that what you did was wrong and you feel guilty about it.” Samuel would then walk over to the girl and the beast, regardless of whatever danger he might be in.

”C’mon now! Stand up straight! Wipe that sheepish look from your face and put some confidence in your voice!” She was worse off than he thought. ”Be firm when you speak to it but don’t go overboard and come off as unfeeling. A stern but gentle approach, you’re the Pokémon’s master.” He’d look over the Tyranitar.

”Alright now try it again, this time with a lot more oomph!”

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 15:26:22 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Goliath’s glare was bad enough, but why did Samuel have to turn on her too? His scolding wasn’t doing her frown any favours. Quite the opposite, in fact – at least at first. Their little problem took note, snarling at his ‘master’. On the other end of the field, Trixie’s whimpers could barely be heard.

Bold talk, Annie thought. He wasn’t the one being stared down by a titan that could make a meal out of her. But… His bold words had earned him a pair of Pokemon that had shown unwavering obedience in the short time they’d worked together. He knew what he was doing, and she knew that he knew. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be there, chastising her for showing kindness. Weakness. Whatever he chose to call it.

“Alright, alright…” She gave him the side eye and frown most kids showed after a good telling-off. She stood up straight. Puffed up her chest. Closed her hands into fists. Stared down the Tyranitar. Or tried to. Her gaze fell to the side as he snarled at her.

“I… tried being nice, Goliath, but you just weren’t having it! Now the kid gloves are off, and it’s your fault!” She managed to lock eyes with her beast, erasing most of the fear from her eyes. Most. Human and Pokemon alike could tell within a second that she was worried. “You and I are a team now, whether you like it or not! So it’s about time that you get your act together! The sooner that you start behaving, the sooner we can get to fighting other trainers, instead of… each other…”

Her voice trailed off; her eyes instinctively fell to the ground. She wasn’t mistaken. It was shaking. Gentle, harmless tremors, but judging by the Pokemon’s foot slowly sinking into the ground, it was a mere warning. The Tyranitar may not have been paying Samuel any mind before, but if it was to attack, it would be indiscriminately.
wizz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Problem Child
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 21:05:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
For a moment there Sam believed that the girl was going to give him a wonderful performance and capture just what he was talking about……and of course he was disappointed.

Well he couldn’t say he was too surprised that she was failing miserably at this part, she clearly had no experience in it at all. Which then reflected poorly on himself as a teacher as clearly he didn’t explain himself as well as he should have. This sort of approach is definitely not the girl’s style that part was obvious enough. This is what you’d expect of a child trying to act like an adult.

”Don’t feign confidence, mean it and hold onto it.” He sighed. ”It won’t respect you otherwise.” Sam added, eyeing the Tyrantiar’s and taking note of its currently more agitated state than before. He was not worried about the beast attacking him, honestly, at this point he expected the creature to attack wildly and for him to get caught in the crossfire of said attack.

It was why he kept himself close to the girl at this point. If something were to happen he would want to jump in and contain it before anything could escalate.

”What has you so bothered?” He’d ask, she had given him some context before but he felt there was more to it than she was saying.

”Is it solely because it might attack you that has you so on edge? You’ve dealt with it before right? There must be more you to it than what you’ve told me before, no?” What was the answer?

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 17:40:44 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She looked back and forth between the man and the beast, the latter patient enough to let her brain catch up with them. Words from the Fairy Professor echoed through her mind – something about Pokemon being very capable of understanding intent, even if they couldn’t parse every word. Her gaze finally settled on the latter, and with the faintest of smiles, she continued.

“Er.. I mean it, big guy! I want you to get even stronger and more awesome with us, but we can’t make that happen if you’re just going to be a grump all day! Like, look at Trixie!” Both arms gestured to the Whimsicott across the field. “That little girl could totally kick your butt, because we’ve worked long and hard to make each other stronger. It takes a while, and sure, neither of us are perfect all the time, but we both care about each other and making each other better! That could be you too, if… er…”

She’d realised too late that the titan had stopped paying attention. The moment she’d hinted that a pint-sized puffball could challenge him, his glare had been dead-set on his next target. At least he had the decency to push Annie aside before he started walking, letting her trail off as his stomps carried him to Trixie… Who, of course, was having none of that. Worried whimpers turned into panicked calls, but Annie had chosen to stay silent.

The Tyranitar broke into a run. So did the Whimsicott, arms in the air as she sprinted for dear life. The two disappeared into the trees, and soon enough, their roars and cries faded too.

“…Huh.” A finger scratched against Annie’s chin. “Well!” She turned back to Samuel, eyes wide and full of hope. “I think that we’ve reached an understanding, and that we’re about to reach another one! Honestly, I think that worked out really well.”
wizz
[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass][newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass][newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Problem Child
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 1:15:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A brow was raised, what sort of shenanigans was she getting into that getting attacked was a normal occurrence? And the way she said it made him think it was more than just a simple wild Pokémon encounter but much more.

Though he was certain that if she told him about it that he’d just end up even more confused and concerned about why such a young person was constantly being thrown into such dangerous situations. They had more pressing matters to attend to at the moment so he’d find out all about it later whether he wanted to or not.

At first the man was taken aback at her ranting but then quickly smiled, especially when he noticed the Tyranitar’s reaction. He did not dare interrupt her, this was great progress and Samuel wanted to see it to the end so he remained quiet and let the girl go on. When she stopped is when Samuel let out a small laugh and shakes his head.

”It looks like he’s listening to what you were saying.” He answered. ”I think your words reached him. Maybe all that was needed was for you to let your heart out.” Sam nodded at his own words. It was like night and day looking at the Tyranitar now.

”I think he’s beginning to understand. Go on then, don’t stop now. He might be keener to the idea of being a Camper now.”

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 20:46:39 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
She looked back and forth between the man and the beast, the latter patient enough to let her brain catch up with them. Words from the Fairy Professor echoed through her mind – something about Pokemon being very capable of understanding intent, even if they couldn’t parse every word. Her gaze finally settled on the latter, and with the faintest of smiles, she continued.

“Er.. I mean it, big guy! I want you to get even stronger and more awesome with us, but we can’t make that happen if you’re just going to be a grump all day! Like, look at Trixie!” Both arms gestured to the Whimsicott across the field. “That little girl could totally kick your butt, because we’ve worked long and hard to make each other stronger. It takes a while, and sure, neither of us are perfect all the time, but we both care about each other and making each other better! That could be you too, if… er…”

She’d realised too late that the titan had stopped paying attention. The moment she’d hinted that a pint-sized puffball could challenge him, his glare had been dead-set on his next target. At least he had the decency to push Annie aside before he started walking, letting her trail off as his stomps carried him to Trixie… Who, of course, was having none of that. Worried whimpers turned into panicked calls, but Annie had chosen to stay silent.

The Tyranitar broke into a run. So did the Whimsicott, arms in the air as she sprinted for dear life. The two disappeared into the trees, and soon enough, their roars and cries faded too.

“…Huh.” A finger scratched against Annie’s chin. “Well!” She turned back to Samuel, eyes wide and full of hope. “I think that we’ve reached an understanding, and that we’re about to reach another one! Honestly, I think that worked out really well.”
wizz
[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass][newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass][newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass][newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Problem Child
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 17:09:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
This girl was quite the riot and Samuel couldn’t help but laugh at the shenanigans happening in front of him. But it was good to see the change in the relationship between her and her Pokémon.

Now everything wasn’t going to be sunshine and rainbows and would take some time before the relationship would be perfectly mended. As long as she put the work in, which she seemed willing to do, Samuel was confident that things would work out. It’d probably come with a lot of mishaps given how odd this group is but it would have nonetheless given time.

”I think it went well too.” Sam responded, shaking his head as he watched the large Pokémon chase the smaller one. ”You’ve got yourself an interesting bunch here to handle.” He added, smiling as he thought about his own time as a trainer when he was her age.

”But I’m confident that you’ll be fine.” That is if she kept it up, Sam could only do so much and she wouldn’t grow if he helped her do too much. Though given Sam’s background teaching and assisting the younger generation was literally his job so he’d probably end up helping more than he should.

”But I think you don’t need me around anymore, I think you can handle it from here.” And looking at the clock he had business to attend to.

”And looks like you’ve got a lot to handle.” He laughed, pointing to the direction her Pokémon ran off.

”If you need help with something again you have my number so don’t feel hesitant to call.” Sam smiled, leaving the girl to have fun with her Pokémon.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Problem Child
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 12:34:33 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar

Annie’s toothy grin told that she’d taken is words as a compliment. “Life’s a lot more fun when you’ve got a good cast of characters around you. We may have our problems sometimes, but they always keep me on my feet.” As in on cue, a roar sent little birds flying out of the trees. It was quickly followed by the unmistakable yell of a Whimsicott, and then… Chaos. Judging by the sounds, off screen battles were reserved solely for cartoons and Annie Mei’s Pokemon.

Not that it seemed to bother her. She gave a moment’s pause, narrowed eyes trying to decide whether it was worth her following. She gave the trees a limp-handed gesture and turned back to Samuel. “We’ll get there, but we wouldn’t have gotten there as easily without your help. So… Thanks, Mister Samuel! I owe you one! …But I think I also owe it to Trixie to make sure I was right about her being stronger.” The thud of something falling – perhaps tree, perhaps titan – affirmed her decision.

“Alright, gonna go make sure my Pokemon don’t murder each other now! You take care, alright! I’m sure I’ll see you again soon!” With that, she was off, following the sounds of battle into the forest. She yelled to them as she ran: “Whoever wins gets extra noodles for dinner, but only if you don’t kill anything!”
wizz