look both ways [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
look both ways [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 6:12:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

with an elbow resting on the window in the passenger seat, the woman sighed, staring out the window with a bored, slightly irritable expression. this was so boring. making sure the kid knew how to drive - couldn't cadis get someone less important to do this? the only benefit she got from this was he could at least run errands for her, she supposed.

"drive faster," circe muttered out. the quicker they got through this, the quicker she could get home, "you're doing fine."

notes: hehe, prepare for trouble

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
look both ways [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 17:23:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the words did not help him. while he wasn't panicking, he was starting to get frustrated with how things do not go the way he wants it to be. it was clear that priam would grow up to be someone who road rages when he finally learns how to drive.

"i'm already flooring it but it still doesn't move faster!"

the gear stick was still stuck to first gear. the only thing priam memorized was how the steering wheel works and which steps are for the gas and the breaks. he does not even know what the clutch is used for. he was only given a very basic approach on cars, and for someone like priam, it takes more than that for him to know how this works.

"how do i even make this fast in the first place?"

he starts to lift his foot from the gas pedal, before stomping on it once more. it does nothing but make himself look like an idiot for trying out mechanics that do not actually have any basis behind them since he just invented them on the spot.

"why am i even being taught how to drive when we can just use pokemon to fly around?"

@tags
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
look both ways [c]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2019 10:17:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"stop whining. it's annoying." circe groaned, still looking out the window is disinterest, "what if your pokemon dies, and there's only a car around? what are going to do to get away? walk?" she scoffed. it was a pretty horrible, very situational example...but, honestly, in this crazy region, she didn't doubt it. with another sigh, she leaned over, abruptly shifting the gear up a notch or two. the car seemed to lurch forward, as it quickly began to gain speed. "go wild, kiddo~"

however, she instantly regretted it the moment they, somehow, hit a crudely made snowman, causing thick pieces of clumped snow to go flying. "...alright, sweetie...unless you want to be the one to steal cadis' wallet to pay parents to keep quiet about bits of their little kiddies being stuck to the tires, lets try not to hit things." she didn't exactly explain how to drive, she just...sort of expected him to do it. even with her warning, the small, amused smirk on her lips clearly said she was enjoying this.

"...actually, on second thought, go ahead. that'd be interesting to watch, hehe!"

notes: uwu

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
look both ways [c]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2019 17:49:02 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"well, how else was i supposed to travel? they didn't exactly give me a flying-type when they sent me here!"

his first few months in the region were gruesome. there were basically no support given to the lowest of the low in the ladder and he has to basically scrape by with the combination of rocket jobs, legal part-time jobs and freeloading. he also did not miss sleeping on park benches during the colder seasons.

the car hits a snowman. priam doesn't know who makes snowmen in the middle of the road, but whoever they were, their work was demolished within moments. it does feel satisfying though, but that's besides the point.

"but i wanna drive suuuuper good! that means i shouldn't be hitting things! it makes the car explode or something according to the movies i watched."

he floors it. the speed picks up.

@tags

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
look both ways [c]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 12:10:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]

"oh you poor child," circe cooed out, pursing her lips and offering him a, very mocking, look of sympathy. while she, personally, couldn't remember ever being homeless, the thought was, pitifully, amusing. was she a bad person for laughing? yeah, probably. she struck your typical 'ara ara' villain pose, with a hand covering her lips.

"hm? oh, no no. hitting things are fine as long as you can prove that you didn't do it." she paused, before continuing on playfully, "and who can prove that you did it if you're not at the crime scene?" she was almost scarily calm about talking about running someone over, if not incredibly amused. she parted her lips to continue - likely to scold him for ever listening to a movie 'like a child', but, she notices a shape moving in the distance. a figure coming from out the woodworks that looked incredibly familiar. she wasn't sure why. she wasn't sure who. but, it filled her with such...rage. for some odd reason, all she could hear was the sound of chopping wood, and, 'i'm a growing boy'.

and then, she lost it.

without a word, she strapped in her seatbelt and abruptly shifts to the highest gear.

"book it."

notes: hehe

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
look both ways [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 5:51:32 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam was concentrating more on his driving skills, unable to process circe's mocking and very insightful life lessons. it's only the last part that gets through him.

'book it.'

and priam books it. his foot quickly slams on the gas, accelerating the car much faster than he was supposed to go. it goes way beyond priam's expectations as he panics, unable to discern the situation to steer properly.

eventually, they hit something. crunching sounds could be heard as they collided and priam takes his foot out of the pedal to ask circe a question.

"s-should i stop or should i keep going?"

the answer was obvious, but just in case, he wants to ascertain the right decision by consulting her first.