roux, eloise

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
roux, eloise
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 6:03:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","freiwant"]
[attr="class","freiwant1"]
[attr="class","freiwanttop"]
[attr="class","freiwanttop1"]- □ x

YOU'RE ALL THAT I SEE

[attr="class","freiwantimg"]

[attr="class","freiwantinfo"]
nameeloise roux
pronounsshe/her
agetwenty-eight
orientationyou ;]
played bykitt

[attr="class","freiwantmid"]CHARACTER FACTION team rocket

[attr="class","freiwantmid"]CHARACTER RANK grunt

[attr="class","freiwantmid"]FACE CLAIM fubuki from one punch

[attr="class","freiwanttop"]ABOUT THE CHARACTER

[attr="class","freiwantbot"]

[break]

[break][break]
Six year-old Elodie stamped her pretty little shoe against the rich, wood floor. Her face twisted into a scowl.
[break][break]
Mama kneeled down beside little Elodie and wrapped an arm around her. ”Elodie, my love, this will be good for you. Give it a chance, no?”
[break][break]
With her arms crossed and nose high in the air, she marches across the room to the chair and plops herself down on the couch - which is so tall and has so many pillows it almost swallowed her whole. Or, at least, she wished it would. She did not need to be here.
[break][break]
The therapist smiles warmly. ”Why, Mademoiselle Elodie, it is lovely to meet you.
[break][break]
There is no response.

[break]
On Mama’s insistence, Elodie mets with the therapist regularly. It was a slow burn but the little girl did, eventually, participate beyond sticking her nose higher into the air. Sometimes she even found it easier to talk to Madame Culvert than to talk to Mama. Elodie came to the decision, some years after she was no longer visiting Madame Culvert, that Mama knew that her petulance was a manifestation of layers of anger and hurt - maybe not all of them because of her parents’ divorce but definitely spurred on by it.
[break][break]

”So, if I heard correctly -- and please correct me if I haven’t, it seems like this boy cares when no one is around. But then, when anyone else is there, you feel that he distances himself.”[break][break]
”That’s what it seems.”[break][break]
Madam Culvert nods gently and continues. ”Is this what you want?”[break][break]
”I don’t know.” [break][break]
”Elodie, I think we’ve been here before” Madame Culvert urged gently.[break][break]
”Where? Here? In this office?” The sixteen year old slouched back into the couch folding her arms across her chest and glaring out the office window.[break][break]
Madam Culvert smiled in that soft grandmotherly way she always did. ”I suspect you know where.”[break][break]
There was a long pause.[break][break]
”I think that is enough.” Elodie’s gaze held stubbornly to the window - glaring at nothing in particular but darting from one object to another in an attempt to appear preoccupied. ”I think I should get back to Mama.”[break][break]
”Of course.” Madam Culvert slid her pen into her journal - as a sort of makeshift bookmark - before closing the slender, black leathered book she leaned forward. ”I will see you in a few weeks.”[break][break]
Elodie stood and collected her jacket and bag from the couch where she’d been sitting.
”If you would, mademoiselle, do something small for me? The next time we’re together, I’d like to hear more about what you want to do and where you want to go from here. Would you put some thought into that?”[break][break]
Elodie grunted her response as she lodged her jacket and bag under her arm.

[break]
Elodie would not get the opportunity to tell Madame Culvert what she thought about. Mama passed away only a few days afterwards. She had been sick for several years but Elodie still hadn’t accepted that despite how much she tried to care for Mama, she would get more and more frail and, eventually, she would pass.
[break][break]
She wanted to cry and beg for her Mama to come back but her grief was cut short when she’s sent to live with Papa. He didn’t believe in therapy or talking about emotions -- what good did talking ever do anyone? He was a cold man with expectations which Elodie could never seem to meet. She grieved at night, by herself and never so long that her eyes would be puffy the next day. He would know she had been crying if her eyes were swollen and red.
[break]

”Do you see it Ellie?” Elodie stared down the barrel of Papa’s hunting rifle.[break][break]
”Watch it closely. Try to predict where it will go and then shoot there.” Elation dripped from his words like the silva that collected in the pits of his plump cheeks.[break][break]
Elodie watched the bunnelby shift it’s ears, scanning for any sound -- anything that might reveal that it was in the sights of an old hunting rifle.[break][break]
”Now pull, Ellie.”[break][break]
And so she did.

[break]
Papa taught Elodie how to conceal her emotions. Sadness, fear, disgust -- all hidden behind a soft smile because emotions were a weakness. He purported to want nothing more than a demure little girl. Perhaps that was true but Elodie found that doll might have been a better word. He wanted something that he could toy with and the less she responded the less interested he was.
[break][break]
That soft smile was ground down into an empty share when she joined the Kalosian military. It was her way of escaping her father and his influence in her life. It gave her independence and for that she would always be grateful. She served several years in the military - going to college part time so that she might have better opportunities - until her commanding officer recommended she look into other kind of field work. She showed, in his opinion, an ability to adapt that could be useful in special operations. It took a few more years to complete her education and military obligation but once finished, she applied to the Kalosian special operatives force.
[break][break]
She was accepted as a candidate.
[break]

“Le Bris, we’re sending you to Hoenn.”[break][break]
It wasn’t Kanto like she had requested and the disappointment made her heart sink. Pons, the lead of her unit, knew she was disappointed. She could tell it in the way he gently patted her shoulder - he was surprisingly fatherly for such a tall, looming man. [break][break]
“Oui, Monsieur.” Was her tempered response.[break][break]
”It might be different but that doesn’t mean it won't be interesting. We need some good people there. The Rocket presence seems to be growing in Hoenn.” He gave her a smile and leaned over to grab a file of papers. ”Here you are, mademoiselle.” He set the file on the table between them. ”Your handler will contact you soon and you have classes starting tomorrow.”

[break]
With that Elodie Le Bris - the spoiled little girl, the terrified teenager, the military grunt, the special agent - was no more. She was Eloise Roux - the daughter of a small town antique appraiser. She immigrated to Hoenn with her brother, Harold, in hopes to spread their late father’s interest in antiques and oddities.
[break][break]
Harold immigrated first and oversaw the procurement of their little shoppe. Elouise followed a few months later. Harold had named it “Herman’s Oddities” after their father. She thought it lacked imagination but how could she complain when it was named after their dearest father?
[break][break]
The two agents were left to find a way into Team Rocket.
[break][break]
It was a slow process and took a lot of patience and coordination on both agents’ parts. But, eventually, the little private room in the back of their shoppe became a cover for shadier dealings. Their clientele wanted what they wanted. Who were they to get in the way of business?
[break][break]
The private room played host to little things at first -- not really what the pair was looking for. But, if they waited long enough and built enough trust perhaps they could get better intel.
[break]

The little bell clanged as the front door swung open. ”’Allo~!” Elouise called from the back corner. ”Just one moment, I’ll be right there.” she teetered on the ladder, reaching precariously across a shelf. Just a little more, she thought, nudging at the box Harold had left on a shelf just a little too high for her to reach.[break][break]
”Oh dear,” she heard a woman coo from down the aisle. She retracted immediately, sending the ladder wobbling side to side.[break][break]
”Oh, ‘allo.” she grasped the ladder firmly and settled it back into place.[break][break]
”Careful, dear. That looked dangerous.” Eloise turned to greet the woman with a wide smile.[break][break]
”Of course, Madame. Thank you for your concern. Is there anything I can help you with?”[break][break]
Eloise ushered her new customer back towards the front of the store. The woman, hunched over by age, hobbled merrily beside her.

[break]
It turned out the elderly woman was a florist from down the street. She’d brought a little bouquet to welcome the siblings. Eloise liked the way her cheeks turned into little balls when she smiled, the way she lit up when she talked about her grandchildren, and the way she cupped her face with both hands when she laughed too hard. She found her charming and familiar -- like she had known her in some distant memory. Eloise asked if there was anything in particular that might interest her - just in case something came through - and the little old woman chuckled her way through a story of old wood toy soldiers.
[break][break]
Her name was Cady. Eloise found out the next day when she ran into the woman while getting lunch. The pair decided to have lunch together. In fact, they had lunch together the rest of the week.
[break][break]
Harold was clear that he didn’t like it -- it being Eloise’s friendship with the elderly florist. She considered his feelings and decided on a compromise. She would meet with Cady once a month at their favorite lunch spot. She felt that if they stayed to this routine there shouldn’t be any reason for concern (whether or not she felt the concern was a little unfounded).
[break][break]

”Where is Cady?” Eloise hissed at her dearest brother.[break][break]
”How would I know?” He didn’t bother to look up from the microscope he held delicately above the maker’s mark on a newly acquired tea kettle.[break][break]
”You said she was here last night, while I was out. You said that she shouldn’t have been here and now, today, her shop is closed and she didn’t show up for lunch.” There was a little too much concern in her voice and a little too much anger when she crossed the room and planted herself firmly next to Harold.[break][break]
”Eloise,” He lifted a brow. ”perhaps she is sick. She is older.” He paused and peered at his partner over his thin glasses. ”I think you should take some time and reconsider this friendship.”

[break]
Cady did eventually show back up. It was, of course, not in the way she had hoped. The official report was that she’d been victim to a pokemon attack. For the second time Elodie - not Eloise - mourned in solitude. A few weeks after Cady’s obituary, she found one of the florist’s scarves crammed inside Harold’s work desk drawer. She could see from here that it had a large blood stain. An uneasiness chilled her to the bone.
[break][break]
She couldn’t sleep the next two nights -- her thoughts kept wandering to the worst places. But she didn’t have long to think over all the possibilities of the night Cady had gone missing. Team Rocket launched their attack on her third sleepless night.
[break][break]

A distant explosion caught her attention. Unsure of what she’d heard, she moved to the window and eyed the streets below. Henri and Nell, her houndooms, picked their heads up in anticipation. Then, there it was again, an explosion. It was closer this time and sent a flood of people screaming down the street. The hounds leapt up and growled.
[break][break]
Eloise grabbed her jacket and, despite having to fight against the two hounds to open her bedroom door, managed to pry it open just enough for Nell the scramble out, clamoring over top of Henri to do so. Then Henri squirmed his way out. Then, finally able to fling open the door, Eloise stumbled into the stairway.
[break][break]
Another explosion, more screaming, and the houndooms’ nails scratching frantically across the wood floors -- all of the sounds melded into a loud, frantic mess. Eloise had made it to the front door and was rushing to undo the locks when she realized that she couldn’t just leave their documentation and tools sitting unguarded in the shop. It would be quite incriminating if their notes were discovered. It could ruin years of work and turn suspicion on them both -- if there would be anything left of her and Harold to be suspicious of. ”Nell. Henri.” she commanded, still unlatching the front door.
[break][break]
She turned briefly to see the two hounds, pacing beside her, nervous but still attentive. She started her command only to hear a sharp yell from the stairs.
[break][break]
”Eloise!” Harold called out as he hurried down the stairs.
[break][break]
Eloise inhaled and pried at the last door lock. ”Nell. Henri. Inferno.” She slammed the door open and burst into the street as flames washed over the bottom floor of the shoppe. Henri and Nell followed shortly after. Another explosion sent the trio fleeing down the city streets with the rest of the herd.

[break]
The shoppe, full of all the old wood antiques, had burned to almost nothing. Not that there was any going back to Slateport. Not for a while, at least. Having lost contact with her handler, Elodie -- or, rather, Eloise found herself at the mercy of strangers and the Rocket members who had used her shoppe in their dealings. It became easier to simply be Eloise: who could openly mourn the death of Cady her dear brother, who was a little saucy and yet still welcoming, and who rebuilt the family's shoppe in Rustboro (with the help of a few friends of course).
[break][break]
(tldr: she a kalosian spy. here to do the spy things to team rocket.)
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Pragati Narrow:400,700][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.freiwant]padding:9px;border:solid 1px #191919;background-color:#282828;text-align:justify;width:430px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwant1]background-color:#222222;padding:15px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttop]background-color:#111111;color:#eeeeee;font:10px Inconsolata;letter-spacing:.3px;padding:15px;margin-bottom:5px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttop1]color:#60495a;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantimg]padding:6px;border:solid 1px #191919;background-color:#1e1e1e;height:86px;width:86px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantimg img]height:86px;width:86px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantinfo]background-color:#1e1e1e;padding:14px;border:solid 1px #191919;margin-left:105px;height:70px;font:12px Quattrocento Sans;text-transform:lowercase;margin-bottom:5px;line-height:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantinfo b]color:#60495a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantinfo table]margin:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantmid]border:solid 1px #191919;padding:14px;background-color:#1e1e1e;font:12px Inconsolata;margin-bottom:5px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantmid b]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#60495a;padding-right:5px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantmid a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#dddddd;padding-right:5px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantbot]border:solid 1px #191919;padding:24px;background-color:#1e1e1e;font:11px Inconsolata;letter-spacing:.3px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantbot b]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#60495a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantbot a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga