Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
stitches [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 8:59:58 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah does not answer. speaking is painful, for his face's raw skin is torrid with the burns of his setback. the medical room smells of the oversaturation of cleaning alcohol. not an unfamiliar scent, yet he recoils. walking in with the perpetrator of his injuries embarrasses him.

"fighting's what i do too, you know."

noah winces, sucking his breath through gritted teeth as the nurse dabs at sore spots.

"just... not wrestling. ah, isn't wrestling make-believe anyway?"

the nurse steps aside to search for bandages, leaving noah to sit alone on the medical bed.

"you were pretty good too. just a little bit lucky. next time's gonna be a different story. don't get too cocky-- ow, ow!"  the nurse returns, wrapping noah's wounds quietly to keep their dialogue intact.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Incinemask
he/him
pro wrestler
cadet
39 height
39 height
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinraboi
Shinra Redgrave
stitches [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 21:13:03 GMT
Shinra Redgrave Avatar
[attr="class","merrkI"]

[attr="class","merrkpokesI"]

shinra let out a laugh at the notion that wrestling was fake. noah was right but he still didn't need to say it. well he was half right anyway. "hey only the scripted drama is fake. most of the time. and we only kinda fake the fighting when it'll bring in ratings. and that's just really we decide on who should win and we sell the fight as entertaining as possible. proooobably shouldn't have told ya that." everyone kind of knew that in some sense it was fake to a degree in recent years. some places actually did treat it as a legitimate sport depending on where you go.

"but yeah every guy's strength is pretty much the real deal in the ring. you should see some of the moves some of the folk i know can do." looking at noah shinra could probably sort him into some kind of high flyer class or something along those lines. "oh so you do want a rematch huh? any time any place pal. but maybe get a bit stronger. your kind of...well..." He grabbed one of noah's arms and gave it a squeeze while raising his own and flexing to show off his bicep. "y'know. but hey, hit me up whenever your ready. looking forward to smashing ya again. cutie."

just as he was about to turn and leave he leaned over and left a kiss on noah's cheek before walking out of the room with a wink and a smile.

[exit]

[attr="class","merrktagI"]
[break]

[newclass=.merrkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkI b] color: #ec4b99; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merrkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
stitches [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 0:38:50 GMT
noah faber Avatar

perhaps, the most devastating blow noah has felt today is not from the punches shinra has thrown. instead, it is the shocking realization that in the one thing he has thrown his whole self in to, he falls short. in all senses of the word.

and although he relies upon his pokemon to perform his work in every day life, there is a pride that comes with sheer human independence.

perhaps, noah is foolish. in a world of pokemon, where the elements clash and aid with forces unspeakable, unexplainable, is there any value in having pride of self-sustainment?

noah winces, his thick arm squeezed like citrus. he glances at the comparison shinra exhibits, the casual nature in which he shows his superior strength, infuriating- but charming.

"it's not gonna be that easy--"

he pauses through blues and purples- now pinks. what did shinra just call him? as the nurse tends to his other wounds, pleading with him to keep his hands away from his bandages, noah succumbs to meekness.

"see ya..."