Just a Relaxing Snowball War [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2019 1:51:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The park is snowy, yo

Bo stood, hands firmly on her hips, proudly beaming at the waist-high walls she’d managed to build up in the middle of the Lilycove park. She had asked to come out with her today. Bo admired how hard she worked with all the pokemon she had in her care. Despite having raised and trained pokemon back home, on the farm, Bo didn’t think she could handle so many hungry mouths, little quarrels, and constant demands that seemed to come with having a herd of tiny pokemon depending on you.

She nodded triumphantly at her set up and crossed the park, crunching a trail of footprints through the snow as she made her way to the hot-chocolate stand that had posted up on the sidewalk that skirted the park. ”Two, please.” She asked with a friendly smile.

Just a short wait later, Bo returned to her snow walls with two steaming drinks in hand. She hoped Avery liked hot chocolate. She felt like this was the least she could do to repay Avery’s kindness but that surely wouldn’t go over well if her friend didn’t like what she had set up. A sudden wave of nervousness came over her as she stood, waiting and sipping her drink.

tldr: A nervous Bo is hoping Avery will
enjoy some hot chocolate and a snowball fight.
Mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 20:09:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Avery hikes through the snow with a very determined look on her face. There's a scarf tugged tight around her face but it does little to hide the rosiness of her nose and cheeks. Snowflakes get stuck on her eyelashes and she blinks rapidly as she side steps, following the footprints of someone in front of her that had already cleared a path. She really needed to invest in some boots with the rubber slicks that prevented snow from getting in her socks.[break][break]

She pauses as the smell of hot chocolate hits her senses and she reclines, pulling hair from her mouth and grinning, eyes closed, as she really absorbs the scene. When she reopens her eyes, she's realised that the foot prints she's been following were from her friend - and the woman herself was waiting patiently by the hot chocolate stand holding not one but two deliciously warm drinks.[break][break]

"Bo! Apologies if I'm a little behind, I like to walk real slow when there's so much snow. I'm terribly clumsy sometimes and I was afraid I'd fall in the snow and disappear completely."[break][break]

She's grinning and she tugs her scarf down past her lips so she can speak clearly. The young woman giggles as she glances back at Bo's snow barrier. [break][break]

"Is that a fort? Did you make that?"[break][break]

Her eyes seem to glitter with excitement and amazement at the woman's handicraft.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 2:41:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Bo greeted Avery with a wide smile. ”No need to apologize! I’m glad you were able to get away for a bit.” She hesitated between the two cups of hot chocolate - unsure of which cup she’d drank from already. She quickly lifted the cups and eyed the lids as Avery turned to examine the snow walls. With a decided nod she quickly lowered the drinks.

”Ah, yeah, I did. I thought it might be fun to get some exercise -- or start a war...” She shrugged. ”I mean, if you think you could take out me and my team, that is.”

Bo extended the drink that didn’t have a half ring of chocolate around the lid’s opening. ”Maybe we could warm our hands a little before we go freezin’ them off in the great snow war of Lilycove?”

tag >>
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 21:08:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery grins back at the woman, clearly over the moon to be hanging out with a friend this afternoon. Even she needs some time spent away from mewling and bawling babies once in a while.[break][break]

"Wigglytuff and Clefable offered to help look after the youngin's today. I still feel a little weird leaving them behind but grandpapi always insists, insists that it's good to take a break sometimes. And, what better way than to spend it with you?"[break][break]

She giggles, glancing at her feet bashfully for a moment before she draws her attention back to the hot chocolate being offered to her. Her hands wrap around the warm cup, offering her further coziness alongside the warmth already given to her by her fingerless mitts.[break][break]

"This is wonderful, Bo, thank you again. You're too kind."[break][break]

The young woman giggles again at the suggestion that they get into a snowball fight. She glances at her noodle arms that had definitely never thrown anything with force before in their life.[break][break]

"I'm not sure how good I'd be at a snowball fight, but I'll give it my best effort!"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2020 2:42:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Your Grampa’s a wise man.” She nodded into her drink. A soft pink dusted across her cheeks in response to Avery’s praise. The thought of repaying her kindness with a compliment crossed Bo’s mind but it only made her blush further. She decided to change the subject before her cheeks got any hotter.

”You’re pokemon are good at watching the little ones? I don’t think I could leave any of mine to watch someone so... small.” Or fragile. Or needy in anyway. Watching over the mareep and keeping ill intentioned pokemon away wasn’t quite the same as tending young pokemon. Bell would be the only one she would have any faith in and that was only because he was good at chasing off pests. She couldn’t actually picture him nurturing anything.

”The good thing about snowball fights is they don’t need any prior experience to be fun.” She gave Avery a wink. ”Did you want to go one-on-one or team up with our pokemon?”

tag >>

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 2:06:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery is oblivious to the hotness that creeps into Bo's cheeks, confusing it for the cold mixing in with how warm and delightful their hot drinks are. She does, however, think that the colour in Bo's face makes her appear cuter - if that were even possible.[break][break]

"Oh! Yes, they're amazing, really. They're so smart and the older ones really catch onto babysitting. They never complain or grow tired and I'm so, so thankful for it. I'm proud of them."[break][break]

She smiles softly as she thinks of them and her thumb rubs up and down the side of her cup absently as she becomes lost in thought.[break][break]

Bo winks at her and she blinks in surprise, blushing profusely at the open display of affection and teasing.[break][break]

"O-oh, really? That's good to hear, then!" [break][break]

She grows overwhelmed but giggly at the two options presented, and the pink-haired woman shrugs and grins.[break][break]

"Why not let the Pokemon out for some fun? I wouldn't mind it!"[break][break]

Avery fumbles around in her pocket, holding her hot chocolate away from her chest in case she spilled. With a grunt, she manages to grab the few pokeballs she'd brought with her. With a few separate flashes of light, she releases her Lucario, Smoochum, Pichu and Alolan Ninetales.[break][break]

Lucario stands quietly and with mild intimidation tactics as he observes the situation with muted indifference. Ninetales follows his lead to some extent, but is otherwise thrilled to be outside in the cold.[break][break]

The two most excited to come out to play are the younglings. Pichu immediately dives into a snowbank, followed closely by the Smoochum who has taken to laughing uncontrollably.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 3:56:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

”I’m glad you have your pokemon’s help.” Bo’s gaze fixed firmly onto the snow walls in front of them. ”Otherwise I might not have been able to convince you to come out with me.” She could feel her ears and cheeks burning again.

Relief came crashing over her like a wave when Avery decided on a partnered snow-war and released her pokemon. ”With a team it is.” Bo fished a few pokeballs from her pocket and released her trio: a golduck, salazzle, and murkrow. The golduck gave Avery’s Lucario a once over and feigned indifference. Meanwhile the Salazzle slinked behind him, ensuring the golduck stood boldy between her and the other pokemon. She did peek curiously from behind him but otherwise cradled into herself.

The murkrow, however, gave the loudest and ugliest squawk and joined the baby pokemon with an ungraceful half-flight-half-run. It might’ve been a bit of a rag-tag team she had but she smiled proudly at them.

”Oh, one second.” She grunted to Avery before trudging over to her salazzle. She spoke to her the pokemom in a hushed voice while digging around in her pocket for something else. The fire type seemed reluctant towards what she eventually yanked free from the depths of her jacket but with a little coaxing she relented and Bo slid a padded-almost-glove onto one of her arms.

A hint of worry snaked in the back of her mind as she returned to her friend’s side. ”Sorry, she’s um...missing a hand. The cold seems to bother it.” She spoke quickly, hoping to glaze over the topic. The salazzle was timid to say the least but Bo was hoping that introducing her to other pokemon would help with her confidence. ”I’m about ready to wage this war, if you are?” She gave a wide smile before taking the last sip of her hot chocolate.

tag >>
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 15:18:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery smiles, the warmth in her belly seeming to grow in response to Bo's comment. [break][break]

"I'm sure I don't need that much convincing.."[break][break]

The woman blushes a bit, suddenly worried that she spent too much time at the daycare and not enough with her friends.[break][break]

While Bo releases her own pack of snowball fighters, Avery can't help but gasp and coo after every one of them - especially the raucous Murkrow that chases after her smallest Pokemon.[break][break]

But what catches her eye is Bo's careful attention to the Salazzle, and the woman can't help but peek around Bo's shoulder to inspect.[break][break]

"Oh my.. how did that happen?"[break][break]

Her question would go unanswered, however, as Bo encouraged their snowball fight to begin. Avery grins widely at the prospect, taking one more sip of her hot chocolate before she'd soon be too cold to even pick it up.[break][break]

"Yes! Of course I am! Come on, guys, lets go!"[break][break]

Avery giggles as she waves her Pokemon to follow. Pichu and Smoochum dive-domb out of the snow, hoping to startle the Murkrow that had been playing with them. Both small Pokemon giggle and snort before climbing up onto Avery's ankles as she waddles out to her side of the fort.[break][break]

Lucario hangs back, unsure what to make of this.. foolishness. The Ninetales, meanwhile, is indifferent and happy to just nap in the cold.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 23:22:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The pair of baby pokemon were successful in their surprise attack, sending the murkrow flustering away as chunks of snow rained down around him. The dark-type settled a few feet away and shook his feathers free of the remnant chunks of snow. He let out a few flat, short squawks -- Bell’s own brassy imitation of a laugh.

Bo couldn’t help her wide, toothy smile as she watched Avery and her team claim their spot. ”Alright, y’all let’s get in there!” She hurried to her own side of the fort with one eager warrior marching behind her and one uncertain fire pokemon stealing along side them. Bell hopped his way on the proper side of the field as Bo packed her hot chocolate cup into the snow beside the barrier -- safe keeping for later, when things were settled and she could toss it out.

” A’right, only rule I ask is no pelting anyone in the face!” She called out with a short glance at her murkrow. He had a gift for finding faces with his snowballs -- when they landed that was. Before Bo could continue on to ask if Avery had any requests, a snowball sailed across the barrier -- aimed right for the Lucario who lingered a little too far back. It flopped at his feet but was followed quickly with another and another. The culprit: Bucky, the golduck who’d rolled a little stockpile of snowballs in the few minutes it took Bo to put down her drink.

In a rush, Bo’s murkrow raised into the air with a terribly packed snowball and whisked it across the barrier, sending a few chunks and a dust of snow towards Avery and her crew. Salazzle, still timidly peeking from around Bucky, grasped a snowball from Bucky’s pile and tossed in blindly at their foes.

Bo supposed it was too late now -- her’s were eager for war. She panicked for a moment before ducking for some coverage to roll her own snowball.

tag >>

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 14:00:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The Murkrow flutters out of the snow and squawks in surprise, which immediately triggers more giggling from her Pichu and Smoochum. The two cling tighter to Avery's ankles as she makes it to her side of the fort. However, before she could hunker down and begin to make some snowballs, the two have disappeared and she's already being pelted with cold.[break][break]

Lucario looks at the space in front of him, just on the ground, where a snowball had fallen just out of reach of his feet. The Pokemon glances up to see a determined Golduck had been the culprit. His eyes widen in surprise as more and more snowballs are thrown his direction, and he holds up one hand to

force palm

it away. He huffs, and Avery clicks her tongue and laughs.[break][break]

"C'mon, buddy. It's just for fun! You remember how to have fun, don't you? Big, tough Lucario too old now to kick back and throw some snow?"[break][break]

A blush forms across her partner's face as he abruptly turns his face away. Ever since he'd evolved he'd acted more mature and postured, like he had some sort of big stick up his bum.[break][break]

Avery is hit with the powdery remains of the Murkrow's snowball. It dazzles her hair and dampens it, and she flattens her toque a little harder before throwing her own snowball. It's aimed for Bo, specifically.[break][break]

The rest of her Pokemon continue to either pack snowballs or throw them aimlessly. Pichu and Smoochum eventually argue over who gets to throw and who gets to pack.[break][break]

But the real surprise is when Lucario picks up a snowball slowly, methodically, as if conflicted with his feelings. But, eventually, he does throw a snowball back in the direction of his previous attacker.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 18:23:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Bo popped back up from her half-hidden squat only to be met with a firm thud as Avery’s snowball found its mark. She squinted at her friend and gave a determined nod. ”You’ve got good aim.” her words rang out as she reeled back and sent her own snowball across the barrier - aimed for revenge.

Bucky, satisfied that his only real competition had now joined in the war, got more serious with his tactics. He swept a stock of snowballs into the crook of his arm and ducked behind the wall to dodge the lucario’s throw. He locked eyes with the salazzle -- who had panicked without someone to hide behind but snapped out of it when the golduck signalled her towards the Lucario. With a hesitant nod, she wrapped her tail around a snowball and whipped it towards their foe. It was meant as a momentary distraction though, as she immediately scampered away to try to hide behind another friend.

Her choice of cover did not turn out to be wise. She crouched low as the murkrow hopped, squawked, and fluttered his wings. He presented big but he really didn’t provide much coverage for the salazzle. A few of the baby pokemon’s snowballs splattered against the bird’s half opened wings and sent snow fragments towards the salazzle. Then, in an unexpected twist, he flew off and left the fire pokemon exposed once again.

The murkrow had his own plans: he would provide aerial coverage. It was probably cheating but it wasn’t very effective. He swept over enemy territory and, again, released a dusting of barely packed snow onto Avery’s baby pokemon.

Bucky would make his next move as the bird-pokemon turned to retreat. He popped up from behind the barrier, closer to the Lucario’s side of the field, and flung a snowball at his opponent.

tag >>

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 14:59:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery gasps as her snowball finds Bo, her hand rising to her mouth while her eyebrows disappear into her bangs. She definitely had not actually intended to hit her. [break][break]

Lucario is equally surprised to see that the Golduck has ducked away. His snowball-throwing arm lowers when the Pokemon disappears. Whatever drive he had had to participate fizzles out momentarily, misunderstanding the situation as a sort of cease-fire. [break][break]

That is, of course, until the Salazzle takes aim and chucks a half-hearted snowball at Lucario's feet. The aura Pokemon glances to Avery for assistance, but the woman is too distracted with her own situation to offer the Pokemon any consolation.[break][break]

His distraction costs him, and while the Lucario is distracted by the Salazzle as it squirms and flees, taking cover behind a Murkrow that promptly leaves her in the dust, he is his from behind by another of Bucky's throws.[break][break]

The snow slides down the back of his neck uncomfortably, and he turns back around to face his attacker. [break][break]

While he exacts his revenge, Avery's baby Pokemon are sprayed with the Murkrow's dusting of snow. They giggle and squirm in their makeshift snowbank, eventually abandoning the fight to create snow-angels.

[break][break]