thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2019 4:02:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

"Ghosts."

Gavin leans against the side of the abandoned warehouse, all rusted metal that gave an ominous creak as he puts his weight against it. He sizes up his mission partner with an obvious glance, but says nothing of what he sees.

"Of all the things they could ask us to do, they want us to be fucking ghost-busters."

He scoffs, taking a last drag from his cigarette. Smoke wreathes around him and mingles with the mist that he exhales, the winter's chill raising goose flesh on his arms. He can't stand this weather.

Here's what he won't say: he's affronted. He's a scientist. He should be above such base work as clearing warehouses of whatever specters had come to inhabit in the time since it had been abandoned.

The kid they'd sent him with seemed much more suited to the task.

Still, orders were orders.

He stamps out his cigarette and gives the door a hard kick to force it open, the hinges groaning under the sudden pressure before giving way, the door slamming against the wall. It echoes in the empty space, which smells of dust and disuse. He steps aside and gestures to River.

"You first, then. Unless you're scared of a few ghosts."

notes:
hope this mission is fine!

[newclass=.gavin] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gavin b] color: #716075; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gavin i] color: #716075; font-style: italic; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 22:28:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygoldr"]
[attr="class","bodygoldrt"]

[break]

River is plenty aware of the side-eye, of the man's once over of his general physique. River isn't much to look at. He's scrawny, not overly tall, not really that strong. He's like the runt of the litter, really.[break][break]

"Are ya scared of ghosts, old man?"[break][break]

He sneers, glancing up at him and taunting him with the steely blues of his eyes. [break][break]

To be fair, he had also scoffed at the idea of battling a bunch of ghosts. Why couldn't people just get over it and let them be? If they want to haunt the shit out of a building, let them. Was that really so hard?[break][break]

Gavin drops his cigarette to stomp it out and River follows him lazily. This whole situation seems farfetched and like a wild goose chase. He'd much rather be home lounging.[break][break]

The door slams open as a result of the scientists kick, and River's eyes widen and he glances from him to the door.[break][break]

"Are you trying to get your ass kicked by a territorial ghost? Because that's how you get your ass kicked by a territorial ghost."

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr b] color: #765D75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 21:50:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

"Not in the slightest." That River had implied Gavin was old goes unchecked; the little shit looked like he was barely out of high-school, and his attitude suggested he was even younger. "But whoever sent us into the middle of fucking nowhere must be, otherwise they could have dealt with this shit themselves. I'm a scientist, not a ghost hunter."

As he kicks open the door and gestures to the interior, River stares at him instead of entering. Gavin raises his brows.

"I think you're the one afraid of ghosts."

He laughs, if only because he thinks it will get under the kid's skin, and strides confidently into the dusty building. His throat itches upon inhaling, and his hacking cough suggests that the dust isn't his only problem. He really needs to give up the smokes.

Gavin taps his flashlight against the wall when it doesn't turn on immediately, the light flaring at last to partially illuminate the hollow shell of a future Rocket hideout.

"And I think they're afraid of us, because I'm not seeing any."

He releases his Crobat, just in case.

notes:
hope this mission is fine!

[newclass=.gavin] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 2:25:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

River wrinkles his nose at Gavin's response. He has no patience for old men with opinions.[break][break]

"How about you stop whining and start worrying about getting paid. You ever think, maybe, they're unimpressed with what you got cookin' in the lab? Maybe they're tryna see if you're a better fit elsewhere."[break][break]

He's being pompous, but it's what he does best. The boys award-winning smile is smeared with a sneer as he peers around Gavin's frame to see inside.[break][break]

However, upon the insult being thrown back at him that he, himself, might be the one afraid of ghosts, River scoffs. It doesn't take much at all to get under his skin, despite the show he always puts on.[break][break]

"Me? Afraid? I'm not afraid of anything."[break][break]

And then he pushes his way past Gavin as if that might make his point that much stronger. The Crobat hovers behind him and River's own shadow stands bleakly in the light of Gavin's twitchy flashlight.[break][break]

"Give me that."[break][break]

River reaches to snatch it from Gavin's hand and make his way deeper. He's scared of no things.

[newclass=.bodygoldr] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #765D75; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldr h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #765D75; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldrt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldrp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 18:38:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

Gavin almost punches him.

Reflexively, his hand curls into a fist. Nostrils flare and hazel eyes flash with contempt. Who did River think he was?

He keeps his cool.

Gavin likes things to be under control. Anger is an ugly emotion that gets under the skin, changes you, and there is no place for it in his world. He breathes, and uncurls his fingers.

"I think it's more likely they sent me to babysit." He smirks at River, not buying his tough guy act. "Probably didn't trust you not to turn and run as soon as the ghosts showed up."

He laughs under his breath as River shoves past him, making no protest as the flashlight is snatched from his grip.

"Scout," he instructs Crobat, softly, and the four-winged bat rises to the rafters on silent wings.

Gavin's own footsteps echo and kick up plumes of dust as he strides further into the building. It looks to have been a storehouse for some kind of machinery; he dodges the blade of a saw by the dim light the flashlight provides.

And then the saw starts moving.

It whirs to life with the horrible screech of old, rusting metal, and Gavin stumbles back from it in surprise.

"Light!" he demands of River, suddenly very serious. "I think we've got something."

notes:
ahh river really gets to him, i love it
mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 1:47:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

River notices his hand flex, his fingers curl into the soft skin of his palm. Instinctively, he stiffens, prepared to get a clout to the face.[break][break]

But as quickly as Gavin's anger comes, it goes. And with it, calm silence between the two of them, albeit awkward.[break][break]

Only for a moment, though, as a result of Gavin's sharp tongue.[break][break]

"Babysit? I'm not a kid, old man. If I were, this whole situation would look super perverted."[break][break]

He squints as if he's insinuating that Gavin is the pervert.[break][break]

Gavin continues ahead of him and River takes his time keeping up - and not because he's afraid. That would be childish.[break][break]

However, the boy does startle at the sudden and loud sound of a saw coming to life.[break][break]

"Cut that out! If you're trying to scare me, it's not working."[break][break]

Gavin calls for the flashlight however, and his face is convincingly serious when he reaches for it. He instinctively passes it, much to his dismay.[break][break]

"If you're pulling my leg, I'll kill you."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 2:40:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
RUNERIGUS

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - wandering spirit[break]
shadow claw / crafty shield / shadow ball /[break]disable / brutal swing / protect

THE WAREHOUSE WAS ONCE HOME to an accursed painting. an artifact. one that gathered dust in the shadowy recesses of this place until one day an unfortunate yamask wandered into its grasp. now absorbed by some malevolent force, this runerigus wanders the abandoned grounds in search for another reaping. patience has rewarded it with two souls tonight.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 17:02:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

Gavin smirks back at River, delighting in how he's able to get under the boy's skin. It's petty and immature, but he can't help himself.

"I thought I was an old man," he points out. "You're all kids to me. You certainly whinge like one."

As much as he would have loved to make fun of River for being so on edge at the sound of the saw, Gavin finds himself wholly distracted by the spinning of the rusted blade. If that thing came loose...

What comes loose, however, is the poltergeist inhabiting it.

Gavin shines the flashlight onto the offending machinery, and an unfamiliar Pokemon emerges from it with an aggravated wail.

"The fuck is that?"

It looks — and Gavin has to blink to be assured that he's not seeing things — like a malevolent painting. It certainly doesn't act like any piece of artwork he's ever known: he's forced to leap out of the way when it takes a brutal swing at the two trainers.

Swearing, Gavin lets out a sharp whistle.

Crobat descends from the rafters, astonishing the malicious Pokemon by attacking from behind. The attack is swiftly disabled by their foe, and Crobat's attempts to follow up with a bite are protected.

notes:
shit > fan
mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 14:45:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

"You're a perverted old man, yeah."[break][break]

River wrinkles his nose at being called a whiner - but it's what he is. [break][break]

And then the kid screams when the saw comes to life and turns into an awful, disorganized painting jumbled into pieces. He can't make sense of it and it arches its weird arms overtop of him and Gavin and suddenly he's petrified.[break][break]

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?"[break][break]

He yells incredulously, clearly misunderstanding that Gavin hadn't specifically asked him what it was.[break][break]

River drops to the floor to avoid the

brutal swing

, before crawling across the floor hastily. His heart is pounding and he wants to turn around and run. He isn't cut out for this.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 23:18:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

Both Rockets find themselves on the ground; Gavin's breathing heavy from a rush of adrenaline and he lets out a hacking cough as dust gets into his lungs. Years of smoking haven't made his breathing any easier, and his eyes water as he tries to quell the fit.

His Crobat, meanwhile, does its best.

It snaps at the painting, sharp fangs biting down the ghostly work of 'art'. The bat is knocked free by the shadowy claws of the Runerigus, and Gavin's recovered enough to scramble into a sitting position.

He spots River nearby, crawling across the floor.

"Don't you have Pokemon for this?!

Why the hell would they send him if he wasn't prepared for a fight? Not waiting for an answer to the question, Gavin fumbles a pokeball and releases his Sandslash. The creature of ice-and-metal lets out a grating snarl, clearly displeased at being woken, but scrapes its claws together in a swords dance.

Ice begins to form between its paws.

notes:
shit > fan
mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2020 21:24:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

River continues to pant and squeal and drag himself haphazardously across the floor. In his desperation, he's become feeble and helpless, a coward. Thank goodness he hasn't resorted to crying and curling into a fetal position yet.[break][break]

Overhead, Gavin's Crobat continues to lay siege on the wild and unhinged painting. It screams as fangs pierce the tapestry and reels, only to lash out again with shadowy claws and the like. It's all quite intimidating.[break][break]

There's a shout that River only half-hears, but he turns over his shoulder, face pale as a ghost.[break][break]

"Do I look like--"[break][break]

Another Pokemon appears, this one full of icy spines. River screams again, convinced he's probably about to die. A Pokemon spills from his pocket, a Pyukumuku, and it somehow manages its way over to the Sandslash.[break][break]

From there, the Pyukumuku sprays the Runegrigus with

gastro acid

, nullifying its ability on contact. [break][break]

The tiny cucumber Pokemon then nestles down deep between the Sandslash's spines to protect herself, waiting for her opportunity to lend a

helping hand

when the Sandslash might attack next.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 5:45:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

River is pale as the ghosts they're meant to be fighting. So much for not being scared — in the midst of panic and chaos, even Gavin doesn't waste breath on being snide. It's adrenaline that makes his tone knife-sharp.

"No, you don't, but you must've brought something!"

Who showed up to a ghost-hunting mission unprepared to fight ghosts?

Something turned out to be... well, Gavin's not entirely sure what the slimy creature that slorches across the floor toward his Sandslash is, but it appears to be on their side and right now, that's all that matters.

A spray of foul gunk spatters across the painting. Unbeknownst to Gavin, who had no idea what this thing was, it had adopted Crobat's inner focus upon coming into contact with it. Now, it possessed no ability at all.

That seems to piss it off: it wails and disables the Pyukumuku's move, but the damage has already been done. Gavin's Pokemon take advantage of the opening provided by its rage: Crobat attacks with its wings and Sandslash, with a helping hand from the weird creature between its spines, lunges for the painting, icicle spines crashing into the phantom and causing great tears along its composition.

It disappears, and there's nothing but dust and heavy breaths.

notes:
my beloved 'slash died in the rocket lab and i'm sad abt it
mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 4:18:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

River actually flinches under Gavin's wrath. His words cut deep and instantly make River feel small, and so he reclines even further into the useless shell he's found himself stuck in.[break][break]

He absolutely had not brought anything but the shoes he was wearing to bust some ghosts. [break][break]

The boy continues to try and half-crawl away while his Pyukumuku and Gavin's Alolan Sandslash continue to fight the good fight and beat back the wild painting, it gives the young Rocket a chance to catch his breath and pick himself up.[break][break]

And then there's silence other than River's heavy wheezing from breathing in too much dust off the ground, and the fear that clutches the air out of his lungs. God, what a baby.[break][break]

"Took you long enough."[break][break]

He gets to his feet and dusts off his clothing, preoccupied with trying to maintain his playboy, boy-toy appearance of immaculate perfection.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,759 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 9:11:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr="class","gavin"]

River is a mess in comparison to Gavin, who's already stood and brushed himself off, straightened his jacket, and is now outwardly quite calm in the aftermath of the scuffle.

Hazel eyes glare daggers at the boy.

"It would have taken far less time if you'd come prepared." The words are like ice, as cold as the air that mists around the Sandslash. He might have been a fair bit more understanding if River hadn't tried to shift the blame onto him. "You'd probably be dead without my help. That thing was out for blood."

He turns away and scans the rest of the warehouse with the dim beam from the flashlight, squinting at dark corners with a scowl dominating his expression.

That had better have been the only one.

Though he feigned competence and a cool exterior, there had been a real thrill of fear upon hearing the saw roar to life mere inches from him. He was not a man afraid of many things, but death could be counted among those rare few.

notes:
gav is not having it
mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a haunting [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 1:50:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

River soundlessly mocks and mimics the man, sticking his tongue out in exasperation at the older guy's clear distaste for him. If he'd come prepared, as if he'd ever come prepared.[break][break]

When he argues that he'd likely have been dead had it not been for his help, River is taken aback and loudly gasps in irritation.[break][break]

"I'd be dead? You've got to be joking. You've a lot of balls to take all the credit. Your Sandslash'd have been toast, chop liver, filet mignon without the help of my Pyukumuku. Step off, bitch."[break][break]

He brushes dirt from the front of his shirt and puffs angrily. The sea cucumber in question has retreated off the spines of the Alolan Pokemon to return to River. He slowly and methodically crawls up the boy's pantleg.[break][break]

"So, what the fuck are we supposed to do now?"