may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 9:52:06 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"i can't believe you dragged me into this, remy." elijah lifts a leg awkwardly over a mass of stalagmites.

he's careful not to make noise, for the two have snuck past patrolling rangers. and contrary to elijah's grumpy articulations, it was he who had guided the anthropologist through an elusive entrance to the falls. thankfully, the ever constant drumming of running water mutes their movements.

no balm mushrooms so far...

with a sharp scowl, elijah faces his companion. "you owe me, you know that?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2019 20:16:37 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
the trees can't grow without the sun in their eyes; and we can't live if we're too afraid to die

Rather than the awkward maneuver Elijah had performed to move past an outcrop of stalagmites, Remiel had chosen a different route. His slender body permitted him access to the narrow ledge running alongside the cave wall, and he crossed over it as cautiously and expeditiously as possible. One wrong step could mean impaling himself on the aforementioned stalagmites below. Thankfully, though, it didn't come to that and Remiel instead found himself on a raised path running alongside the bottom trail.

His Galarian Meowth, in the meantime, preferred Elijah's much more direct approach. It forcibly squeezed itself between the rocky spikes and past them, causing some to chip and crumble in parts but not enough to cause a racket. It grumbled to itself as it caught up to the male. It knew it had to be quiet for now, but tearing these things out of the way with its claws would be so easy!

"I was under the impression I'd been very forthcoming about the details of this venture." Remiel replied, glancing down at his new Rocket contact as they walked further into the caverns of Meteor Falls. "It's a mutually beneficial undertaking, is it not?"

Of course, he'd likely have been lost or unable to find an entrance past the rangers without Elijah... but payment for his troubles was no doubt hidden somewhere in this mountain. They needed only to unearth it and work together, should any unexpected trouble come their way.

"Regardless, I will be there if you— or the organization— need me. To the best of my ability." One couldn't go owing just any caliber of favor, after all.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 3:37:43 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah's nose wrinkles as he huffs. he sees himself in the grumbling meowth, but the more he admits possessing such similarities, the more he refuses this furry mirror. peering up at remiel on the raised path, elijah berates himself quietly for his bull-headedness.

"yeah, sure, agh..." he lunges over some stalagmites as if performing some subterranean school of yoga.

"hey, if you see any mushrooms up there, let me know, aight?"

something glistens in the dark distance. elijah cranes his head at remiel's meowth to check if he's somehow mistaken the light for a reflection off its coin- but he rubs his face. he forgot that the galarian kind replaced lustre for durity.

"think i found some mineral deposits up ahead." elijah stage-whispers from his lower plane. "you can jump down. i'll catch you. maybe."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 22:44:18 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
the trees can't grow without the sun in their eyes; and we can't live if we're too afraid to die

It was hard to imagine Meteor Falls not having an abundance of mushrooms hidden away somewhere. He supposed the ones at the entrance were of little importance to Elijah. "Nothing up here," Remiel answered after taking a brief glance around. He was about to ask him what he needed them for anyway, but was soon spoken to again after his associate spotted something ahead. "Great. But I think I'll come down myself, thank you." The black-haired youth whispered back. A 'maybe' never inspired much confidence, he found.

Finding a space where two rocks jutted out from the side of the raised path like steps, Remiel carefully dropped down with his hands firm against its edge and found his footing before climbing down. He landed on the ground below a little bit too loudly for his comfort, however, even startling Thorgrim (his Galarian Meowth) with the thud he'd made. The echo traveled down each direction in the corridor, but he couldn't imagine it traveling far enough to reach the ears of any rangers. At least, he hoped so.

"Mm... sorry about that." He muttered, turning towards Elijah and his imposing figure. "Let's continue." Then, wihtout another beat of hesitation, he strode forward into the darkness of the tunnel. From what he could see, strange colored patterns that denoted mineral deposits did indeed pattern the cavern walls. What the glistening light ahead could be was a mystery to him, though.

"I don't suppose you know what's up ahead either... do you? I find it strange for so much of Meteor Falls to remain uncharted." He spoke in a hush, Thorgrim following closely behind and bumping into his leg on occasion. Or maybe it was charted... but just restricted?
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 9:16:52 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah snorts. one nostril flares as if it were laughing as he peers at his lithe companion. folding his arms back to himself, the green-haired apothecary shakes his head dismissively.

"guess you were the type to skip gym class." elijah finds himself saying. he subdues the sugar of concern and substitutes it for something bitter.

with a heavy heave of his shoulders, elijah expresses unknowing. "hell if i know. gonna be honest with you, remy... i hate caves. no space or anything."

elijah leads. compelled to by some ridiculous sense of masculinity, he marches forth, chest first. the darkness pulls away with each step, and finally, he enters a dark chamber. from above, he manages to find an exposed opening in the cave's ceiling, obscured by fallen boulders. the opening is small, but just big enough to allow the slightest beam of light.

this light bounces off something shiny. like a diamond. elijah's not sure.

"hey, this what you're looking for?" elijah takes a step.

and finds no ground. with a gurgled cry, he tumbles down slope, his flesh cut by sharp jutting quartz. a thud announces the termination of his fall into a deeper chamber.

"shhhIT!"

/ ty for your patience!! / mission link

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2020 8:01:01 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel wasn't at all surprised that his large, temporary companion was disconcerted by the tight and often narrow passageways of caverns. The confession, however, was quickly marked by the individual stepping forward and taking the lead. Though, whether this was born from an impatience or eagerness to obtain what they wanted and get out, the Galarian native wasn't all too sure. Regardless, he moved aside as Elijah braved the path ahead. Thorgrim, in the meantime, seemed eager to keep up with the man and even walk past him for the lead.

Eventually, they reached the cavernous chamber in which the light they had seen previously shone. After assessing the stability of the boulders above with his blue-grey eyes, Remiel turned to look down at the geological curiosity Elijah had pointed out. Just as he had done so, the man in question made a misstep and tumbled down a slope. Remiel was quick to back away. When the chamber went quiet again after a thud and an echoed cry of pain, only the sound of Thorgrim's raspy chuckling could be heard.

Remiel carefully kneeled down near the edge of the pit, unclipping a luxury ball from his belt before releasing a uniquely colored (and confused) Phantump. "Are you dead?" He casually asked, loud enough for the echo of his inquiry to travel downward and reach Elijah's ears. Turning towards the Ghost-type he'd summoned, whose glowing orbs of blue provided some degree of illumination, Remiel issued his command. "Ephet, Ingrain. I want a way down." He explained, pointing down into the pit.

Eager to be of use, the Phantump nodded and summoned a bed of roots from the ground that steadily began to grow and venture down alongside the hazardous slope.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 6:37:09 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"no, i'm not." he spits. "was your fucking cat laughing? i'll kill him."

elijah heaves himself up, unwilling to look weak. vulnerable. in need of some nerd's help. fuck. a finger traces a long cut down his leg, the red line a fine slice. nothing serious. just painful to him and his dignity.

he peers around, the pit featuring an assortment of anomalies. quarts jut out like swords, and closer towards the bottom, fulgurite, fused into tubes and masses, lay as terrible crowns.

"no shrooms here. pointless." elijah groans, leg trickling with dampness. "any idea what these are?" he shoots thorgrim a terrible glare, like an arbok, his eyes squint narrow.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 10:26:44 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"He finds humor in the pain and injury of others," Remiel informed Elijah unabashedly, turning to look at his chortling Meowth while his Phantump continued to form a would-be ladder from roots. "Trying to kill him would only make him happier." And likely wouldn't end well for the man anyway, but the lad didn't care to mention that.

Before long, Ephet was finished with his chore and Remiel began to cautiously test the reliability of the overgrown roots as he prepared to climb down. By the time Elijah had finished poking around below, the Galarian native was already past halfway down. He stopped when he passed by some unusual looking fulgurite, hanging from the side of the pit with one hand while the other reached out to touch the strange anomaly. As Thorgrim chuckles from up above, looking down just to tease Elijah despite the sharp glare, Remy makes a startling revelation and responds.

"Yes, I... I believe I do. They're exactly what I've been looking for... rock fulgurite from a rare lightning strike. It's remarkable..."

Realizing there's more— much more— down below where Elijah waits, he quickly finishes climbing down before setting boots on the ground again. He drops down to one knee beside a particularly impressive piece of lightning blue rock fulgurite before taking off the bag on his back and rummaging through it. After tossing Elijah some gauze and a 50ML bottle of antiseptic, he pulls out what appears to be a DVD carrying case before unzipping it and revealing a small assortment of excavation tools.

Without another word, he gets to work retrieving a sample from the magnificent find.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 6:19:15 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"that makes the two of us then."

elijah reels himself in, and the veins marking his skin recede. he breathes through clenched teeth: a cell erected from both temper and pain. the apothecary focuses on the pain of his cuts to ignore the snickering feline overhead.

"i don't know what the hell you just said but sure, wow. incredible. amazing." elijah catches the first aid supplies. "what did you call it again? rock fuggatite?"

he dabs the red trails. the sanitizing sting tempts further hisses from his throat, but he swallows them lest thorgrim tease him once more. to be on the receiving end of such things—from a fucking cat even—is a worse injury than this.

"think lightning came from up here or somethin'?" elijah points upward, the boulder-smothered cave opening still allowing some light into their pit. "doesn't seem likely if you tell me. then again, you rock-nerds are usually off your rocker... like that scientist, ."

he finishes dressing his wounds. waddling over, he drapes an arm over remiel's shoulder as he peers at his ongoing sample retrieval.

"thanks."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 4:03:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"Ful-gu-rite." Remiel replies, a bit more slowly this time as he carefully removes a piece of it with his tools, depositing the sample into a small baggy. After turning to regard the large man, observing his first-aid practice for a moment, the black-haired royal eventually looks up to regard the barricaded opening far above them. He was about to offer the apothecary a few of his hypotheses... before settling on inquiry about the aforementioned scientist instead. Elijah likely wouldn't have taken his theories seriously, anyway. Or understood most of it.

His calm expression flinches into surprise for a moment when the man drapes an arm over his shoulder. Rather than expressing his distaste for physical interaction, however, Remiel simply continues packing away his tools and his finding as he speaks. "I see..." He mutters, zipping up his backpack before rising and shrugging off the other man's arm. As he swings his backpack back onto his shoulders, he continues. "This 'Lucas Lane' you speak of... is he affiliated with our mutual benefactor? do you know this man personally? I've been told to reach out to @magnolia , but I haven't been able to locate her yet. I may need assistance in the realm of scientific study..." He admitted.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 0:57:03 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

ful-gu-rite. he's not a foreigner to the scientific nomenclature of things, but elijah sees little beauty in something as so callous as stone.

elijah retracts his arm. he lets it wobble against his side, the rejection doing little to him.

"? oh fuck no. he's some worthless hack the league wastes taxpayer money on." elijah spits. "and magnolia? met her once. and that was it. basically a ghost."

he thinks for a moment. "i might know a lady. she's busy, but... if not her, i'll see what i can do for you."

elijah grabs a handle on remiel's backpack handle and pulls on it with a rough heave.

"as long as you don't leave me for dead in this pit." he glares at the hammerlocke graduate's cat.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,521 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 18:53:51 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel listened as Elijah spoke on about the two potential aides in his endeavor. Though it didn't necessarily sound like he had anything good to say about either of them. It amused the black-haired royal to imagine the sort of impression he left on the man himself. Surely something about him being 'uptight' or 'pompous' or the like. Outside of Hammerlocke University, he was prone to having that sort of impression on most people. Nevertheless, Elijah still proved to be useful when he suggested another.

Remiel nodded in thanks. "I appreciate that. I'll ensure you have one of my phone numbers before we part ways tonight. Please ring me if she can help."

Suddenly forced to brace himself when the larger man grabs the handle of his backpack and hoists himself up, Remiel sighs as he looks up at the ladder of roots. It was a long climb for sure. Thorgrim stood at the end of it, chuckling hoarsely to himself. Only now Remiel felt like he was being laughed at, too. Just when Elijah regarded the cat, however, it suddenly turned away. Still able to see the back of its head, Remiel's blue-grey eyes widened a bit when he realized its ears were slightly twitching.

He'd heard something.

"We need to get out of here. Now." The lad stated in a whisper, climbing onto the roots and beginning his ascent. Once he was several feet up, he paused to turn over his shoulder and look down at his temporary partner. "Are you able to reliably climb with your injury?"

He appeared to have enough muscle to set his weight on one arm as he did, but Remiel couldn't be sure.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2020 4:30:54 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"i can handle myself, thanks." elijah spits- and yet, a little morsel of his flesh softens under remiel's concern.

he had left his victreebel at home to look over his plants. no vines to carry him today. just feline snickering and fragile pride.

as he hoists himself higher, elijah winces. he grits his teeth to mask laboured breath. but during the ascent, he manages to discover a sneaky shroom. disturbed by the roots, the fungi makes itself known, embedded in the pit wall. this wasn't a waste of time after all...

during the rush, he harvests it and stuffs it in his pocket. as they reach the top, elijah casts his gogoat from its ball.

he hushes it before it can bleat. there's enough space for two. elijah mounts the back of his getaway vehicle and pats the leafy seat behind him.

"hop on, nerd. and hold on tight."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
caving in [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2020 4:35:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free evolutionary stone evo (redeem in site shop), 2x lucky letters.
[break]