part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 6:06:22 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Kreon]

thought we built a dynasty

Isra Nightingale is a walking contradiction, fickle in her mood and demeanor she moves like shifting sand on a windy day. Raised with poise and tact in mind, a rebellious defiance in her veins and bottomless sense of worth makes her a titan walking on eggshells.
[break][break]
Outwardly she is untouchable, she is her own queen and will not be denied the right. Inwardly she is a lost child that has yet to determine her path for herself as much of it was pre-ordained the moment she was born cursed by the sun. An allergy that costs her much of the normality most take for granted.
[break][break]
Spend enough time around her and you will see it, how detached from her own reality she is. The woman sees things as neither here nor there, everything is somewhere in between and waiting for something to happen. She loves company but despises the weaknesses of humanity too strongly to enjoy people. She wants to understand the workings of the world she does not belong to but despises how warm it is compared to her own- something she has been raised to believe is nothing more than a show of weakness.
[break][break]
And yet here she is, seeking something more than what she is and who she is meant to be.

that heaven couldn't shake

There is much to expect from Isra and it is never the same thing twice. Some habits survive her shifting moods but the woman changes on a dime. Excitement and flair and fun are the names of the game and to be doing anything less is a crime. She learns who to hold back around, when to keep her hands to herself, she determines what is and isn't appropriate by experience but it is in much the same way a child does. She pushes buttons, says things to get a reaction and every time you do she learns but she does not learn how to behave. She learns how to navigate you. Piece by piece, little by little.
[break][break]
Relationships with Isra can be easy and smooth sailing. If she understands you quickly and deems you worthy of getting along with you will find someone that becomes exactly what you are looking for with her own spin. People are like shapes that fit into molds and she will find the version of herself that fits you best and present it. She will slip into step beside you as if she has always been there. As long as you can retain her interest.
[break][break]
On the other hand she is defiant in much the same ways you might expect a child to be, resistant to things that are not what she wants and that do not go how she thinks they should. Isra is quick to determine when she dislikes a person, playing nice as much as she must and doing little else to engage. She avoids what she does not want to have around in the hopes it will take the hint that she does not want it there. Poise and tact prevent her from having a tantrum but eventually it will boil over, showing in small steps while she waits for the right moment to lash out. When she does, it is a vipers bite with no hesitation.
[break][break]
Above all else, relationships are often hollow and lacking in substance or attachment on her part. Not that she won't seem like your friend (she will, may even miss you when you're gone a little bit) she just won't cry if she finds out you died. She'll just pray that giratina got your soul before arceus did so that you might return stronger next time than you were this time around.

thought we built a dynasty

Isra is allergic to the sun and primarily nocturnal. While it is always possible for her to be out during daylight (covering her skin + medicinal ointments for outbreaks) or indoors during the day hours she is largely a night worker to retain her nocturnal schedule and mostly avoid the sun.

Isra has recently shifted her loyalties from the league to rocket, as such she'll be looking to mingle with the other rockets and get a feeling for her peers. I can't say she'll be looking for anything in particular but any rockets will be welcome.
[break][break]
I am particularly partial to people she doesn't get along with and that get under her skin though <3 please throw them her way to drive her up a wall.
[break][break]
League peeps she would have interacted with, or those she's likely to especially through Fernando as his assistant.
[break][break]
Very open to flirts, flings and anything that's not a comited relationship with this girl. In the event someone wants to try for it she is polyamourous so while she may have a main squeeze she expects to have multiple relationships. Heterosexual, biromantic.
[break][break]
May or may not be [read: most definitely is] a worshiper of giratina, considered his high priestess of the damned by her sect and generally speaking believe the world needs to be purged in a flood of blood so that it might one day be worthy of his pretense again.
[break][break]
Oh oh, maybe some people for her to beat up, she used to get her kicks out of fight rings but had to stop because her little bro was scared she'd get super hurt one night and not come home. Maybe some people she makes bets with over fights or other stupid shit. She'd get a kick out of that.

like nothing ever made

Isra can most often be found at league headquarters or otherwise wherever Fernando sends her for work as his assistant. She's pretty grumpy any time before 5pm though so if she has to be there early for your ass don't be surprised if she's a bit stiff.
[break][break]
Lives in and skulks around lilycove at night, especially fond of the beach and caves because they're fantastic at night!
[break][break]
Likes sightseeing though, and window shopping. Bit unaware of most social trends and thinks they are weird but fascinating.
[break][break]
Frequenter of bars because drunks are funny and she holds her liquor like a champ. Drinks most men under the table and thinks using a glass is for pussies- just hand her to entire bottle already.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 8:34:12 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Kreon]

How well known is it that she is ex-league?

it's mostly up to the character as to how aware they are of her having jumped ship from the league to rocket. Isra retains her status as Fernando's night assistant and masquerades as a league member still but it's worth noting that she does have a reasonable amount of infamy and with it presence that would have been built as a member of the league. She was a participant in things like the rock tower raid with Jiraichi and overall while she's not as prominent as many other figures on site she likely hasn't gone entirely unnoticed with her past endeavors. Those that pay attention to such things may realize who she is a be aware that she has shifted loyalties from the league to rocket while others may not because while she hasn't been without her merits she prefers to fly under the radar.
[break][break]
On the league side of things there should not currently be anyone aware of her having shifted loyalties, it's been a quiet and hush hush endeavor that she's keeping to herself at the moment. Down the road there may be opportunities for such individuals to find out that she has swapped sides and we can play out some messes for her in that regard but I'd like to let her play the field a little bit first <3[break][break]

Question courtesy of thorn!

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 2:43:47 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Your plotter is so well detailed and covers things I didn't even think about in the moment, wow. *o* I don't feel worthy, but you said you're looking to interact with any Rocket members so I'm here! Remiel has insomnia so I can definitely see them bumping into each other if they happen to be in the same city. Wherever she stays at, I can come up with a reason for Remy being there and from there we can have them meet and move on to something else. Or whatever ideas you have, too! I'm open to pretty much anything at this point. =]

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 10:15:00 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

shhhhh you most definitely are worthy you've given so much to work with with remiel <3 thank you so much though I try really hard.

If we were sitting at a table I would be excitedly drumming my hands on the table because oooooohboy. He's honestly so up Isra's alley it's not even funny? If I'm interpreting his plotter and such right I think the two of them would probably get along better than they should. Most of the things you mention in the negatives of his plotter is like her favorite thing to see in people. I could see her finding herself surprisingly comfortable around him depending on the angle they met on.

I'm very keen on having them meet <3 Perhaps they could cross paths during a night in Lilycove? It's her most frequent haunt and being one of the big cities I imagine he'll have plenty of reason to be there. Could kinda feel them out a little bit and see where things go?

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 19:45:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

You're too kind ahhh. ;w; I try my best also, though! And I'm so glad your excitement matches mine! I think these two could definitely hit it off, and I could certainly see an awesome plot blossoming from it that delves between either of their backgrounds. That being said, her being a priestess of Giratina is such an awesome idea and I'm so looking forward to exploring that if you'd permit me/Remy. He's from a royal lineage himself and I have a plot in the works that's very 'medieval' in nature, so I think a priestess would fit right in if you were willing to take part in it!

But I'll not get too ahead of myself haha.

Lilycove sounds great! I'll have him there on a business trip. Would you like to set-up the thread or I? I absolutely don't mind either way, you pick!
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 23:15:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Excuse you. How dare you not keep talking.
Go right ahead, get ahead of yourself. Please, I'm all for something that takes advantage of her beliefs! It may just take a little time to get it out of her but once the ball starts she won't bother holding back about it! Especially if he was actually interested instead of just trying to lecture her about how grim a world view it is because she is not about that. Depending on what you have in mind for her involvement it could even be just the thing she's looking for, actually. Isra's not entirely bound to her sect nor rocket, more following the path that comes most naturally while trying to find the path she actually wants to be on.

You are more than welcome to lay it on me, and more than welcome to poke into her background as much as you want to/can get out of her <3 Which to be honest I foresee not being too hard since I think they'll have the perfect common ground to open that pathway.

If you could I would appreciate if you got the starter up. I'm still setting back into her character and would feel bad giving you something that will probably come out terribly mundane and dry OTL

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 5:29:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Alexei &

Go break his heart why don’t you

Oh dear Arceus. I can’t even begin on what’s going to happen when he realizes that she’s switched sides. He is going to be extremely upset at her for doing that.

How much drama is going to be had?

So much. This is utter betrayal he’s facing… the one thing he absolutely cannot stand.

I’m very certain they’re going to end up arguing about this. Oh, wait, the New Year’s ‘raid’ event has them in it, right? Would she… would she be moving along with her new allegiance, or no?

What if this is where Alexei accidentally discovers she’s flipped sides? Let me know what you think!

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 6:39:17 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

+

LOL my keyboard is an ass and posted this with just the pings.

okay but like, she's gonna be so hurt. How dare you be mad Alexei she's just doing what she was made to do ;w; This is what an Isra is born for!

seriously though it's probably going to piss her off because she'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt and tell him it's okay he doesn't understand and that she really wants for him to come around and maybe just try to see it from her side a little? Technically he's too sweet a summer child as it is in her world but she's always felt like there's a weight off her shoulders around him that'll crush her to lose when he finds out and gets mad with her for this.

And sadly it'll just push her further into it. Oh well.

As for the raid gonna see how it goes, she's taking the zoroark as cover, illusion will be in effect to hopefully cover her tracks a little and depending on how she gets outed/it falls will change how she plays it off! She's preparing ahead of time for the most part and hopefully he doesn't find out right away so she can get a little more out of her spot but if it does it does |D

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 6:53:06 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Thread is up! Sorry for the wait! Holiday shenanigans are finally over. And LOL. I'm a spaz and I can keep talking for hours, beware. But Remiel DEFINITELY would be interested in understanding her and her religion/cult. Not only is it part of his job as an anthropologist, but it's his passion! He has the capacity to lecture people on certain decisions and ways of thinking, but usually that's for people he doesn't respect. And I really don't see that being the case here at all. Now, usually the plots I have in mind require a bit of back and forth and little lore inputs that may or may not be in accordance with what you have in mind. But I guess that's what these plot pages are for! In regard to this, I was wondering: a) how old her religion/cult is, and b) whether it had any sects in Galar? They could uncover an entire history together if we wanted, and interweave their overarching plots on some level, too! But that's just a thought! Lmk what's up. =]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
isra's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 9:11:33 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

no worries! I'm super patient and don't mind. Especially on holidays they're usually a bit crazy. Love the thread title btw though. Talk as much as you like, honestly the more you give me the more I can give you back and we can watch this explode :D
I think we're in agreement then at this point that these two will be getting along well, and she'll probably love having someone like him to talk to about her beliefs because she herself wants to explore it more than she feels she can with the other priests/priestesses. Not to mention this will give me a great opportunity to flesh it out more <3

As for your questions some of the answers may be a little vague/loosely determined. This is something I tend to do to give myself flexibility in plots (like now :D) and just in case something happens in an onsite event or what have you might effect the details I have wiggle room to flex things around without it breaking the character's over all skeleton.

a) The belief itself is believed - by them, at least - to have existed as long as their god has, the Main portion of the sect believes their ancestors can be traced back to an Isle that once existed between Sinnoh and Hoenn but has been sunk underwater after one of the other gods became angered by their worship of Giratina. This forced them to the Sinnoh mainland. They weren't always unified which actually caused their belief to almost die off completely which is how the Sect itself came into existence. So I guess you could say they've always existed in some capacity but their current state is much more recent than their overall history, something that I'm willing to flex on the specifics of. Regardless of the current iteration of her Sect they've existed in the backdrop of Sinnoh for as long as Sinnoh has been inhabited.

b) Definitely yes! While the main part of the sect is based in Sinnoh, one of the most important things to them is the sun allergy. As a result they seek out bloodlines that contain the genetics for it and either absorb them into the sect/create a new one in the region or do what Isra's mother did and marry in so they can get a child with the sun curse and otherwise not engage with the bloodline in question. It's very likely there is one in Galar even if it would be considered one of the lesser sects. Though I imagine that outside of major events/the tracking of the sun curse most of the sects probably operate pretty independently of each other so the specific history of it in Galar would be open ended and we can definitely play around with it! It'd be very interesting to delve into one from another region as most of Isra's knowledge is isolated to her own and her specific bloodline as they traditionally fill the priestess roll she's claimed.

Hope that's enough for you to work with ovo