pay a coin to your dragon hunter [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 8:14:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Beads of sweat rolled down from his forehead to the edge of his nose. The sweltering heat was growing unbearable - a far cry from the cool-breeze region that he had grown accustomed to. A strong stench of charcoal and smoke loomed in the air, a remnant of the charred remains of the buildings nearby.

His nose wrinkled upon breathing in as a frown formed on his face. His long journey away from home wasn’t exactly how he anticipated it to be… While the sights were unfamiliar, elements that he found customary back home were seemingly becoming more commonplace as he hadn’t expected to find giant pokemon here.

”Well partner, I guess it’s just going to be more of the same, huh.” Pierce murmurs, his gaze focused down onto the pokeball in his hand. His arms slid downwards, posing against his head as he looked around. ”Well, we can’t really tackle this by ourselves, where’s the other guy that’s supposed to show up?”

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 10:23:04 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

There was a well-known saying: fight fire with fire.

So, when he'd been called out to Oldale on reports of over-sized freaking dragons attacking the town and burning down buildings, he'd taken it upon himself to answer the draconian menace with dragons of his own.

Hydreigon lets out a thunderous roar to herald the ranger's approach before they reach the ground, the three-headed beast levitating just above the ground as Orion dismounts from his back and brushes back his windswept hair. He'd seen the devastation coming in, plumes of smoke billowing into the sky from the husks of burnt-out buildings.

Thankfully, he'd also brought his Swampert.

"Sorry for the delay." The apology is directed at the only other person mad enough to stray so close to the source of the attacks: he assumes that this man is either insane, or his mission partner. "Had to take a wide berth so they didn't knock Nidhogg out of the sky. When they said big, I didn't realise—"

He shakes his head, incredulous.

He's seen large Pokemon before, as well as those who were obviously the runts of their litter, but this? It was a whole new level.

"Ranger Lykos," he introduces himself. "Orion, if you prefer."

notes:
hope this works!

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 16:00:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

A thunderous roar bellowed above him. Unperturbed by the sudden outburst, his wandering gaze focuses upwards towards the dark three-headed behemoth slowly descending before him.

His eyes briefly flash with disappointment as the dragon seems nothing like the reports he had seen prior to signing up for this mission; after all, while the Hydreigon fit the bill of a dragon, it wasn’t nearly as big as he anticipated it to be.

Catching sight of a man dismounting from the dragon, his disappointment quickly settles as things begin to click together in his head. Upon hearing the man and seeing his aghast expression, laughter begins to outpour from his mouth, his upper torso scrunching over inching towards his stomach.

”I take it this is your first time dealing with a giant pokemon?” Pierce questions towards the only other person besides him, his tone clearly indicating that he had experience towards phenomenon such as these. His finger shifts closer towards his eye, wiping away a single droplet of water.

”Alright, Ranger Lykos. You gonna strike a pose and transform or something?” he says teasingly towards the man - obviously not having heard the term “ranger” before. ”Name’s Pierce. I didn’t see anything on my way here, mind pointing out the direction where you saw the giant? Easier to formulate a plan that way.”

[newclass=.pierce] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 1:42:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

"Giant Pokemon? No. Giant dragons?"

Dragon-types can be intimidating enough with their normal size, let alone when they were enlarged and threatening to burn down settlements. He's got a healthy dose of fear for his life when it comes to taking on a giant dragon, but he's also a ranger, and so there's a certain determination in the way he gears up to take on the threat.

Only, this guy apparently has no idea what a ranger is.

Orion laughs, more out of confusion than anything else. "Ah, no?" It occurs to him that this man might not be a Hoennian native, and in that case... "Do they not have rangers where you come from?"

He'd been born and raised in Hoenn, himself, and as a child had idolized the Rangers as his heroes. There had been little doubt in his mind about what he'd wanted to do when he grew up, and here he was.

"It was over that way," he explains, gesturing as he takes the lead with a confident stride toward the indicated direction. "Didn't get a good look at what it was, didn't want to get too close, but there was no mistaking that it's our culprit. As for a plan..."

His Hydreigon follows after them, a looming presence, but Orion releases two other Pokemon from their confinement: a Dragalge that floats gracefully in the air as if it were the ocean, and a Swampert that looks none-too-pleased about being woken from a nap.

"What've you brought?"

notes:
going to mod req our beastie now!

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 1:56:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
m!duraludon

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - heavy metal[break]
flash cannon / dragon claw / rock smash /[break] hyper beam / g-max depletion

OUT OF PLACE IN ITS RURAL SURROUNDINGS, a mega duraludon rampages across oldale town. with each stomp, the earth shakes. burns. it does not seem to be in control of its own body- or perhaps, it is spurred on by immeasurable pain. whatever it is, anything and anyone near its trajectory is in alarming danger.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 2:34:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

"Well Orion, if you're worried that I came ill-prepared, chill." he says to the stranger chuckling, his face beaming with a wide grin.

Lifting his palm higher, he lightly tosses the pokeball in his hand, releasing the Drakloak from its comfortable confinement. It lets out a low roar as it floats closer to pierce, nuzzling its head against him. Pierce gently rubs his hand against the wispy dragon, his eyes distracted by the ranger's other pokemon. Realizing that it's better for him to reveal his hand to formulate a plan, pierce lets out his remaining party.

"Looks like we both have two dragons. Ah, I'd appreciate it if you don't feed the two-toned one, he's got a mean appetite and streak." he cautions, thumbing over towards the Morpeko.

Their conversation is cut short though, as loud thuds quickly overtake them. A deafening roar can be heard further down from where the other man gestured over towards. Pierce's eyes widen in disbelief as a colossal skyscraper-like building inches closer towards them.

"Shit." he mutters. "Farasma, evasive maneuvers and into the air! Make sure you lock onto that big sucker. Hey, Ranger Orion, time to scatter."

Catching wind of the miniature people below it, the colossal Duraludon lowers its jaw, channeling a white light in its mouth, firing a huge Hyper Beam over at Farasma. The Drakloak quickly whizzes around the beam, flying in quick speed as its sight quickly locks-on its target, retaliating with its own beam in the form of Dragon Pulse.

[newclass=.pierce] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 3:22:31 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

"I wasn't—"

He stops himself short as Pierce releases a somewhat-unfamiliar Pokemon from its ball. It's only somewhat unfamiliar because of the little creature crouched atop of the head of the larger, and the ranger stares openly for a moment.

"Shit, is that what Dreepy evolves into, then?"

He'd found his strange little ghost-lizard in the haunting confines of Sea Mauville, and his Pokedex had confirmed it as a Galarian species but hadn't been able to pull any data about whether or not it evolved. He thinks it would be rude to just whip out his 'dex and scan this guy's Pokemon without permission and besides, they've got much, much larger problems to deal with.

"I've got four," he corrects. "Dragons, that is. Just — didn't want to bring the Dreepy or Vibrava into something—"

He breaks off at the groan of steel and the rumble of the ground beneath his feet. Looking up, he realizes that the dominant shape across the horizon isn't a building but a Pokemon, towering above their heads. It's bigger than any living creature he's ever seen, bigger even than the Wailord he'd helped throw back into the sea.

"—dangerous," he finishes, tone caught between awe and horror.

He snaps into action almost immediately, as does his mission partner. Drakloak distracts the colossus, providing a perfect opening. The ground is already shaking thanks to the size of the beast, so it couldn't get much worse.

"Everyone brace yourselves! Schism, Earthquake!"

Swampert growls and slams its forelimbs against the ground, the quaking of the earth barely felt thanks to the Duraludon. It seems to affect the massive creature at least somewhat, but the wide guard that Swampert throws up does little to protect it from a flash cannon that strikes the dual-type directly. Schism resists the attack, digging his fins into the mud and looking angrier than ever.

Meanwhile, Orion's Dragalge camouflages itself against the husk of a nearby building, changing itself to normal-type.

notes:
~

mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2020 18:34:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

The earth shook once more, this time not of the towering dragon’s volition, forcing it to take a knee. Thankfully, with the aid of the hulking Swampert and its wide guard, Pierce and his team didn’t have to suffer from the backlash the earthquake would have brought forth.

Finding the opportunity to lock-onto the skyscraper once more, Farasma takes the opportunity to rush the massive building, ramming itself into it. Taken aback by the sudden frontal assault, the Duraludon leans back slightly from the impact, but lets out a steely groan as it swipes its dragon claw against the Drakloak, causing it to propel backwards in pain as it plummets towards the ground.

”Shit, Farasma! Sirrush, Soleil, time to offer some backup!” he says with a hint if anger flaring in his eyes. The Riolu looks back to the Bagon who begins kicking its feet against the ground, indicating to the bipedal dog that he’s about to make his charge.

Hunching forward, the Riolu breaks into a slow sprint with the Bagon following closely behind it, gaining speed as it intends to smash its head against the Duraludon’s steel hide. Knowing its intentions, the Riolu jumps upwards against the Bagon, using the centrifugal force of its sturdy head to launch itself as it forces its palm against the colossal building.

Pierce briefly looks to Orion then back to his team who’re currently assaulting the massive pokemon. ”As you can see, my team’s more on the aggressive side. I think I’ll have to rely on you for some coverage.”

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 0:03:26 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion gives a curt nod.

"Coverage. I can do that."

Two more flashes of light, and this time an Espeon and a Chandelure enter the battlefield. Espeon flicks her forked tail, immediately launching into action and drawing upon the powers of the morning sun to rejuvenate the injured Drakloak.

Chandelure lets out a ghostly wail, his blue-purple flames brightening as he launches a will-o-wisp at the skyscraper dragon. The burn leaves a black scorch mark against the dragon's steely body, and Orion hopes that the pain would somewhat limit its offensive powers. It's followed with a hex from the spectral chandelier, its effectiveness increased by the burn.

Dragalge utilizes the smoke billowing from a nearby building, wreathing it around the Duraludon. The smokescreen decreases its accuracy; though enraged by its burn, the hyper beam it launches in retaliation lances harmlessly past the Chandelure and collides with a distant tree.

"Delphi, I want you to lend them a hand!"

He gestures to Pierce and his gathered Pokemon, and the Espeon lets out a resounding cry.

The gem on her forehead pulses with psychic energy, ready to lend a helping hand to whatever offensive assault the other had in store.

notes:
~

mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 5:08:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

”AWWWWRIGHT!” he howls at the top of his lungs, excitement glittering in his eyes.

The Drakloak slowly opens its eyes, feeling the sun’s warmth circulate throughout its body. It cries out blissfully, nodding to the Espeon as it slowly rises from the ground, reinvigorated by the small animal’s efforts. Seeing the giant screen of smoke blocking the giant dragons vision, it soars off, circling the Duraludon as it fires multiple Dragon Pulses at its face.

Down below, the Riolu continues its barrage of palms against the titan, baring its teeth in determination as it’s unfazed by the steel dragon’s colossal size. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the Bagon as after sending off the Riolu, it suddenly hesitates in going forward. Its eyes fixate upwards and it lets out a low whimper as it slowly begins to back away. It comes to a halt though as it feels the Espeon’s head gently nudge it forward.

Taken aback, it stares at it for a moment, but suddenly feels reassured by its presence. Turning back to the massive dragon, it closes its eyes and takes a deep breath. Resolved, it opens its eyes once more and lets loose a massive stream of fire from its mouth upwards towards the Duraludon’s waist.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 6:46:15 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion's surprised by the other's enthusiasm and vigor. Though the ranger is fierce and determined in the face of their threat, he was hardly enjoying the experience.

That's why he's a ranger and not a trainer, he supposes.

Still, there's a rush of adrenaline that comes with watching their Pokemon tackle the colossal threat, Orion holding his breath as the Duraludon slowly turns to face the Bagon. With the power of Delphi's helping hand, the flamethrower seems enough to make the dual-type reconsider it's course: the sound of its pain is like the groan of twisting metal, harsh on the ears.

It falters, crashing down to one knee with force that shakes the ground and startles a flock of birds from a distant tree. Orion catches his balance on the wall of a collapsed building, holding on until the quaking subsides.

"I think we've almost got it!"

The sound of rushing wind heralds a twister that forms around the weakened Pokemon, his Dragalge summoning all of its strength to make the attack. She's barely visible against the building she'd camouflaged herself against, but Orion spots her and offers a smile of encouragement.

notes:
throw that pokeball! (also feel free to mod req/finish it if you'd like!)

mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 16:32:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

The ranger’s baffled expression does not go unnoticed by the enthusiastic trainer. He casually inches his way closer to the ranger throwing his right arm over the man’s shoulder, his smirk never leaving.

”Come on mate! You’ve gotta live your life a bit more, watch some Gym battles on the telly or your phone! You’ll see that giant pokemon ain’t all that rare.” he suggests confidently, his gaze fixated on the man.

Suddenly, a loud grinding creak blares out in the distance as the Duraludon slowly but surely begins to topple backwards. Eyes widening for a moment, he releases the serious man and makes a mad dash towards it, his hand digging at his waist for a pokeball. The massive shadow cast by the pokemon begins to envelop the trees below it, slowly swallowing them in darkness.

”FARASMA!” he bellows, reaching his arms outwards – the Drakloak zooming by to grab ahold of its trainer’s hand, lifting him into the air as it jettisons towards the collapsing skyscraper.

Despite the difficulty in throwing, he manages to remain true to his aim, a testament to his time practicing his pitches. A small tink can be heard as the ball briefly bounces off the rigid body, popping open as a red light begins to envelop the dragon.

In an instant, the impending darkness looming over the trees disappear, showing the sun’s rays once more as the ball hits the ground, shaking.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 21:20:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
m!duraludon

was caught!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - heavy metal[break]
flash cannon / dragon claw / rock smash /[break] hyper beam / g-max depletion

THE STEEL DRAGON disappears into the ball. after a few tense shakes, the ball announces the successful capture with a warm glow. pearson will be able to use the duraludon in its mega form for three posts in one thread before reverting back to normal and losing its g-max move.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2020 4:16:18 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion goes stiff as a board when Pierce throws an arm around him. Agh! Why was it that everyone seemed to think he would just be okay with the unexpected physical contact?

He's finally able to breathe again when Pierce retracts his touch, the skin-crawling anxiety subsiding just a little. It wasn't the first time someone had touched him without permission, and it wouldn't be the last, but it never gets any less unpleasant. Pierce dashes off toward the Duraludon and Orion mutters under his breath, "I live my life just fine, thanks."

It's quite a site to see the building-sized dragon suddenly blink out of existence, its being encapsulated in a tiny, shaking orb that Orion can just pick out in the grass up ahead. He had no idea that such a massive Pokemon could even be caught, but the ball stills as he watches it and there's an almost-strange silence in the aftermath of the battle.

"You caught it."

He addresses Pierce once he's strode within earshot, sounding surprised.

"Y'know, as a ranger I feel obligated to warn you to keep an eye on its temperament, and... uh, its size, but I think you know that." They had just conducted an intense battle against it, after all. "You all right if I mention your name in my report? I can leave you anonymous if not."

notes:
~

mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 1:17:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","pierce"]

His shoulders tenses after the first shake - even he was doubtful that catching the giant dragon without the proper tools wouldn't work. The second shake. The third. Then, as if time slowed down, he hears the click.

"YES!" he ecstatically cries out, pumping his arm inwards. Quickly walking over he picks up the ball then looks back to Orion who was just staring dubiously at the pokeball in his hand. "Tell ya what mate. Pay a visit to Galar and I promise you, you'll see all sorts of Pokemon go that big."

Putting it away, he pats off the dust against his clothes.

"Sure. The name's Pierce Black." he says, allowing the ranger to add his name to the report.