orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
dance little liar [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 8:26:21 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

With great power came great responsibility.

So went the saying, and Orion's starting to realise the wisdom in it as he stares at the abomination sitting in his living room and breaks into a cold sweat. It sits across from Katas with its expression unreadable — only it doesn't really have one, with the helmet covering most of its head.

How quickly would he lose his newly acquired position if his name was linked to... this?

His fingers tremble a little as he types out a message to the only other person who knows: a man who also happened to be his boss, at least where the Rangers were concerned. Laurence Anderson.

Can you swing by my place in Fortree? I've got an important update about that missing persons case.

He hopes that Lars gets the hint.

It was there, on that day, that the two had discovered their unfortunate... experiments had not been the only ones. That this... creature, a being who Orion's Pokedex couldn't identify, wasn't one-of-a-kind.

If anyone could help him figure out how to cover up his involvement, it would be the man with just as much to lose.

notes:
we need to talk: pt. 2

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
dance little liar [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 21:24:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Today was a day of paperwork, at least when the property in Sootopolis was concerned. It was time to get all the paperwork for his other ‘residence’ fixed, and it was so boring having to hunt down all the other papers that had been since abandoned and left undone.

Lars let out a long sigh, and was about to shove another pile of papers into another envelope when his phone began to buzz. Picking it up, he sees that it’s a message from Orion, albeit one with rather… ominous undertones. His eyebrows arch up slightly at first, until they reach the point that they almost vanish into his hairline. His mind suddenly flashed back to the incident that they had discussed previously in the Seafloor Cavern, and he wonders if the other Ranger has picked up on something—anything, really—that could help them get to the bottom of this.

He wondered why the text sounds… panicked, though. Or was that just him reading too much into things? Either way, it gave him something else to do. After he made sure that all the paperwork was gathered into one place and secured, he flew out to Fortree, wondering what the other had to say about the case.

To say the least, it was the first time that Lars had to break the bad news to the extreme athlete’s family about what they had found, and… it was something that weighed heavily on his mind.

Either way, he eventually arrived in Fortree, and after getting off his Metagross’s back, he recalled the hulking beast and makes quick tracks towards Orion’s residence, knocking a few times and hoping the other would answer quickly.

Just what did he have to say? He didn’t know, and hoped Orion would explain things to him.

But whatever it was he found out… he hoped it was something for the best.

Lars had no idea what was coming, though.

oboi here we go

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
dance little liar [m]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 11:55:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion answers the door with far more composure than he had possessed upon his first confrontation with Lars concerning their mutual... problem.

His smile is fleeting but filled with relief, and he gestures for the other to come inside. The source of the aforementioned problem had taken a seat on the living room rug, still having some kind of silent staring contest with Orion's Absol.

Honestly, it creeps him out.

"You're the only one who knows." Orion breaks a long silence not with a greeting or an offer of something to drink, but with a burden. He sits down in an armchair and cards his fingers through Katas' thick white mane as the Absol seats itself next to him, still watching the strange Pokemon. "It's, uh, not about the case, if you hadn't gathered as much already."

Unfortunate as it was, there was nothing much that could be done about the athlete. They'd recovered the body, and Orion hoped that would provide the family with some closure, if nothing else.

This issue had found no closure.

"If the Council finds out about this, I'm fucked." He's not usually one to curse, but no other words could properly convey how deeply he'd sailed down shit creek with this. "We're both fucked, really. We need to — I don't know, do something about it."

He exhales, running a hand through his hair, and then realises how that might have sounded.

"I-I don't mean like, get rid of them." He's conscious of the fact that the helmeted Pokemon has turned its gaze onto him. It sends a shiver down his spine. "I'd never do that. Just... something."

notes:
orion's type: null really unnerves him man

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
dance little liar [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 3:15:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What do you suggest we can do, then?” Lars began once he’s settled inside and comfortable.

The same telltale stare followed him as he caught sight of Orion’s own ‘abomination’ eyeing him down. Truth be told he was worried about the implications as well. What if word got out about this? Lars knew the inner workings of the League much better than the other man did—that there were eyes and ears everywhere.

The Seafloor Cavern was no longer an option they could go to in case it had been compromised. They had to be careful. Even more so now because from the looks of things… Orion looked like he had a lot of things he wanted to say.

The question now was, what could they do about this?

“We can’t just leave the problem alone and hope it goes away. We… we have to erase any trace we were involved in this shit… he suggested, clearly at a loss for words. He didn’t know what else to do at this point.

Even he was out of ideas!

“…I don’t want to get rid of mine, either,” he muttered quietly after a while. “If I did then that would be a clear beacon pointed back at me… same with you.”

Shit.

KEK

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
dance little liar [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 9:22:06 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

"Erase the evidence," Orion repeats, frowning. Dark brows furrow beneath a disheveled hairline; it's clear he hasn't slept well in days, dark bags beneath his eyes. "I think you're onto something, there."[break][break]

He gets up from where he'd been perched on the edge of the couch, beginning to pace in a vain attempt to burn off some of his nervous energy. His Type: Null watches the entire time, rarely blinking.[break][break]

"The, ah..." Orion's hand rubs anxiously at the back of his neck, teeth worrying his lip. "The final task Cotillard gave before... this. Where did it happen?" Images flash through his mind: blood-stained white stone, the snapping jaws of his Hydreigon, the limp body of its victim bobbing upon the water. "Mine... i-it was Meteor Falls. I think if we start with the worst, and work backward..."[break][break]

At least then, should they be interrupted, the most heinous of crimes would be untraceable.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]