a day in the life [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 23:45:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

It wasn't uncommon for clients to ask to see the facility, they liked to ensure their Pokemon was in the best possible care. In fact, she was always thrilled to take them for a tour, it made her feel better knowing her clients were satisfied - and if they weren't, she fixed it promptly.[break][break]

But for a young man to ask to simply.. shadow her just because? It was startling and odd, but her good-natured spirit wasn't willing to disappoint. Avery had agreed heartily, offering him to stay for dinner and the like as well. If he wanted to be taught, she would gladly teach him.[break][break]

In fact, she now had set aside plenty of tasks and chores to do that she would work at together with . She was sort of excited to spend time with someone who wasn't just the voice in her head and the needy babies that begged her attention 24/7.

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 4:39:27 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

He'd been in Lilycove City for business, both work-related and personal. His decision to reach out to the daycare center attendant leaned more towards the former, but this wasn't exactly something he'd been asked to do either. The Devon Corporation welcomed the idea, and would pay him for his time. But Remiel was the one who had put the proposition forward. There was a logical reason for it, of course. But his personal interest had played a big factor in bringing it up.

Wearing a knitted black sweater, pressed khaki pants, black loafers, and his trademark black glasses, the blue-grey eyed young man walked through the center's doors and stepped into its main lobby. Carrying nothing but a clipboard with papers and a pen attached to it (and a set of luxury balls clipped to his belt), Remy waited to see whether the bell chime at the edge of the door had succeeded in summoning the employee present. His ever analytical eyes examined the room in the meantime.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 16:04:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The soft, familiar tinkle of the bells at the front door ring and Avery looks up from her crouched position. She's just outside of the building but the sliding door to the backyard and garden had been left open a crack so she could hear what was going on inside. The woman pulls her hands away from the nest of Budew she had been tending to. The tiny buds curl back up and close as they settle in.[break][break]

Avery brushes her hands on her coveralls as she gets to her feet and makes her way inside, closing the door behind her. There's a volunteer student at the front desk, appearing a little flustered and confused because he'd lost the note saying someone was coming to shadow Avery for the day.[break][break]

"Hey, Todd! It's all good. He's with me today, don't worry about it. Just keep doin' what you're doin', hun!"[break][break]

She offers the boy a thumbs up and he blushes before nodding and glancing at Remiel to do his thing and follow Avery.[break][break]

"Remy, right? I'm Avery. It's a pleasure to meet you!"[break][break]

Her hand extends for him to shake if he'd like to, and if not she'd be shocked but accept it graciously.[break][break]

"So, what caught your attention to come visit? Do you also have a soft spot for little ones?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 9:52:13 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

remy is a big nerde
The exchange between himself and the confused attendant at the front desk had been uncalled for. If he didn't know better, Remiel might have wondered whether he'd come to the right daycare center or not. Thankfully, the woman he had spoken with over the phone was quick to emerge from a sliding door at the back of the room. He recognized her voice easily. It was the kind of voice they hired for these sort of positions: the caretaker, the nanny, the mother figure, et cetera. It made her seem untouched by malice.

"Correct," The spectacled young lad responds, shaking her hand firmly and slightly bowing. "Remiel Calcifet. It is a pleasure meeting you in person as well."

Inevitably, the young woman inquired about his interest in participating in her daily routine here at the daycare. He'd expected the question, considering he hadn't divulged much details regarding the matter in their phone call to begin with. So his answer was fluid and fully prepared.

"As I'm sure you know, this facility is highly regarded here in Lilycove City. I don't have much of a personal stake in raising infants, but I happened to be in the area for business. The time and place aligns well with a study I've been intending to conduct. So that is why I called. Again, I must thank you for your cooperation." After bowing slightly once more, Remiel pulls out his black pen and clicks it. Lifting his clipboard, he is quick to jot down some information before continuing. "I suppose we should begin. Do you always come to work this early? How does your day start?" He inquires, looking up at her from his board.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 21:19:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery's warm smile is wide as she gives the young man her full attention. He's straight to the point, official and curt. He's almost too down to the letter that it makes her the slightest bit nervous. But she hopes that it doesn't show in the colour of her cheeks as she pulls away from his firm handshake.[break][break]

His response to her question is not exactly what she had hoped for, but wasn't unrealistic or unexpected to her. It was clear he was here on business, it merely made her job easier to keep League officials occupied and busy if they actually enjoyed working with her and her Pokemon.[break][break]

It is flattering, and it shows in the deep blush in her cheeks, that he thinks of her facility as 'highly regarded.' It does make her the slightest bit nervous that he's here to study her business, but she accepts it nonetheless.[break][break]

"Of course! Of course, I wouldn't dream of turning down an official request like this. It just feels so.. stiff, if that makes sense? I assure you, we're a very relaxed and friendly business. I'm here for the benefit of my clients and their Pokemon. We run a tight ship to keep everyone safe, but we aren't unfriendly."[break][break]

She feels like she's ranting and not helping herself appear official and proper, so she flushes again and hurriedly reaches for his question in an attempt to help her recover, especially now that he's writing stuff down. Is he a critic or reviewer? Oh dear.[break][break]

"U-uhh. Yes! Yes I do. You could almost say I live here. I start by checking everyone over, make sure there are no emergencies I need to take care of. Then I spend time in each pen and garden cleaning up messes, topping up food and water, making sure everyone is happy and healthy."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 2:41:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

NOTES

the tour?
The red blush forming on the young woman's cheeks certainly did not escape Remiel's notice. He wondered if perhaps the temperature in the room was too much for her fair skin. Surely she wasn't embarrassed by his praise of the facility's reputation, he thought. As for any other causes for the rosy hue on her face, those weren't even a thought in Remy's mind. He was having enough trouble as it was trying to understand what was so stiff about this.

The spectacled lad respectfully listened to Miss Collins as she went on, however, and continued jotting on his clipboard as she answered his question. Her process was interesting in its own right, but rather predictable. Most of it was standard Pokémon care. As she finished explaining it, Remiel found himself to be more drawn to the words she had uttered before. She'd given him a peek into her motives and her method. As a researcher, he was here for every bit of data he could acquire. But that had been the proverbial golden nugget in a pan full of shiny crumbs.

"I see," He muttered in response, looking around the lobby. When he's satisfied, his sharp blue-grey eyes calmly settle back on her. "Would you mind walking me through a reenactment of this morning? I'd particularly like to see the pens and the garden."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 14:32:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery has always been a bashful, easy to read individual. She struggles trying to accurately dictate others intents and emotions but has since begun to sort of.. sort of pick up on red flags and dishonesty. For the most part, no sense of illness has befallen her other than the tumultuous flip-flopping of embarrassment in her belly.[break][break]

He's so quiet and stoic and calm and intimidating and her self-confidence seems to waver under the invisible pressure he's using. He probably doesn't even realise he's doing this to her. [break][break]

A breath escapes her lips, almost like relief, when he finally speaks. His gaze shoots across the lobby before landing back on her. Maybe it's his stormy eyes - so mysterious and hard to read. But so open and freeing at the same time. He's an anomaly.[break][break]

"Of course! Yes, I'd love to. Please, follow me."[break][break]

She hesitates, as if having forgotten what her plan was, before quickly turning on her heel and walking towards the patio doors outside.[break][break]

Once outside, the fresh air and cool chill of the season hits her face and revitalises her senses. The sun particularly seems to open up her confidence and relaxes her. Thank goodness.[break][break]

"This is where most of the Budew babies stay. They prefer to nest close to the building but still get some sunlight. They're very bashful and needy, Budew. Just up ahead are the semi-detached buildings where we keep.. I guess you can call them kennels. But they're mostly free-range. I make sure everyone will get along before putting them in together. I don't like fighting."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 22:23:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

darwinism interrupted
The slight hesitation before the commencement of the reenactment baffled Remiel. Was that what certain people referred to as... a 'brain fart'? He shuddered even imagining the unsavory word. A 'lapse in thought' sounded far more appropriate. Regardless, Avery eventually overcame this 'lapse in thought' and moved ahead with what she had agreed to do. The black-haired royal followed her closely, his inquisitive eyes soaking in every detail of the establishment as they traveled through it.

As they exited out into an outdoor area, Remiel took a deep breath and exhaled softly through his nostrils. The air quality was superb and the weather was particularly nice. At the mention of Budew, the spectacled young lad turned to see them himself, huddled close to the building in small plots of land. He heard Avery's mention of the nearby 'kennels', but didn't turn to regard them just yet as he stepped closer to and crouched beside one of the large green Budew bulbs sprouting out from the ground. 

"Yes, I imagine ensuring the well-being of these Pokémon is a crucial part of your agreement with your benefactors." Remiel nonchalantly responded, carefully extending a single finger to swipe up a drop of dew from the sleeping Budew's bulb. As he balanced the glistening droplet on his finger, holding it up to his eyes for him to examine, he continued. "In the wild, these Budew would have be forced to fend for themselves. Many wouldn't have survived the winter. But the strongest, those who adapt and grow as a result of their difficult environment, would have. And they would emerge victorious in the spring, a benefit to the species as they spread their pollen and advance the cycle of evolution further." He paused, then suddenly shook the dew off of his finger as if it were filth.

Wiping his hand off on his pant thigh, Remiel straightened in posture and turned back to Avery. "The kennels, then? After you're finished tending to the garden and the Pokémon here, that's where you head to next?" He inquiries, knowing the most likely answer.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 21:58:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Remiel's closeness seems to make it more difficult for Avery to breathe. Whatever it is about the young man that makes her anxious seems to have no end - and she smiles awkwardly as he kneels down to inspect her Budew. Just as he touches one of their petals, a very lovely and very bashful Roserade appears from around the corner. She watches Remiel cautiously, hiding behind her hands if ever he might look in her direction.[break][break]

"Oh.. uh. Don't mind her so much, she's mine. She's very bashful and easily distracted by people she thinks are cute."[break][break]

She swallows hard, realising what it is she's said.[break][break]

"I-I mean. She thinks everyone is cute. So this happens a lot."[break][break]

Remiel begins a short speech about the survivability of Budew in the winter that makes her stomach flip flop uncomfortably. The way he says it almost suggests that he might disagree with her care of these ones. As if maybe.. he were suggesting the ones she were raising were weaker.[break][break]

"U-uh.. I suppose that's true. Generally speaking, Budew have a better life here in Hoenn. The warm weather helps them to flourish."[break][break]

Avery swallows hard as he redirects the conversation, and she gestures to the kennels he now seems to be interested in. [break][break]

"Yes, the kennels. Not everyone prefers to sleep outside, so we house many of our clients Pokemon inside the buildings over here. We let them out to play a couple times a day so no one gets too stir-crazy."[break][break]

She makes her way to the doors, stepping inside and waiting for him to follow. The inside of the building is fairly basic, mostly wide open. Toys and beds and blankets are strewn all over the place and the youngsters inside playing come to a halt to observe Avery. A Magby and Elekid both run up to her ankles to beg for attention.[break][break]

"Hi, guys! How's everyone doin'? Are you two keeping the rowdy ones in line?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 4:07:41 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

back to the inquiry
Remiel acknowledged the Roserade with a look, but didn't pay it any more mind than that as it buried its face behind its roses. He certainly never thought of himself as 'cute' and had no desire to be. As for understanding why the Roserade found him as such, well, he had no desire to figure that out either. Cuteness was irrelevant.

The lad listens as she explains the sensibilities of some of the pokémon here, then follows her to the kennels as she leads the way. All the while, he scrawls more notes on the sheet clamped to his clipboard, only pausing when she opens the door and they walk in. When a Magby and Elekid almost immediately run up to Avery's legs, the black-haired royal observes them with an indifferent stare.

The two had great potential as competitive pokémon in their final evolved forms. But their circumstances here lead him to believe they were being raised as anything but.

"Are these regular attendees of yours?" He finally asks. "If so, how often are they entrusted to you?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 14:13:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery is bashful, shy, overwhelmed with emotions - ones she's picking up from him, and her own that are so powerful and difficult to navigate through. She wants to giggle, to let that pent up nervous energy escape. But she fears if she goes emit that nervous tick of hers, he'll think she's crazy.[break][break]

Is she crazy?[break][break]

She can painfully hear the scrawling of his handwriting on paper. She wants to see what it says, wants to see if he has that beautiful scrawling text like she wants to think he does - or if it's scratchy and unlegible. What kind of person is he? Messy and disorganized or beautiful and eloquent? [break][break]

Avery is transported back to the present, grounded by the clingy hands of her Pokemon as they tug at her pant legs and vy for her attention.[break][break]

"Regular attendees?"[break][break]

She kneels to scoop the Magby into her arms, cuddling its warm cheek lovingly against hers.[break][break]

"Oh.. you mean clients. No, no. These guys are mine! I hatched them myself with the help of grandpa. He said I could raise them myself. They're still little though. I haven't noticed they're ready to evolve just yet."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 2:25:10 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

en la familia
"I see," Remiel replied, pausing for a moment as he saw the Magby cuddle her. Then, within seconds, went back to writing on his clipboard. "I don't have much experience with Magby or Elekid but, from what I've heard: the hotter or more unstable they get, the closer they are to evolving." He briefly looks up to regard the Magby. Each and every time it exhaled, hot embers dribbled out of its mouth and nostrils. Avery was lucky to be holding him the way she was... or perhaps she already knew.

"You run this business with your grandpa then?" He suddenly continues, bringing the man up shortly after she'd just mentioned him. When he's finished writing his notes, he lowers his clipboard and meets her gaze once more. "Is he here? How long has this business been in your family?" He certainly hadn't known this was a family establishment, if it indeed was. As he waited for her reply, he unabashedly moved deeper into the kennels and looked around at all the other pokémon inside of it.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 16:03:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Avery can feel a lump growing in her throat as Magby and Elekid pull away from her to rejoin their friends. Their warbles and chipper attitude is uplifting but there's some sort of weight on Avery's chest that she can't shake.[break][break]

"He's still just a baby."[break][break]

She says this hollowly and it stuns her. Is she defending herself?[break][break]

Remiel changes the conversation back to her grandpa and she smiles, nodding gently.[break][break]

"Yes, my grandparents started the Collins' Daycare when they were just two young people in love. They've since begun to step back and retire. I mostly run it now, with their help behind the scenes from time to time."[break][break]

He asks if he's here and she shakes her head sadly.[break][break]

"Grandpa is sick a lot more lately, so he stays home. It's just me."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 21:02:22 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

NOTES

respecc
Remiel notes her insistence that the pokémon are merely infants, but doesn't quite comprehend it. More than likely, he thinks, she merely spoke out of some inherent protectiveness. But he certainly didn't mean to project the image of someone who wanted them to grow beyond their means. Quite the contrary: he doesn't really care.

As he observes a Pawniard, kneeled down on the floor and carefully dismembering a Teddiursa plushie for fun, Remiel lends an ear to Avery's oral history of the daycare. Ah, yes. He was familiar with family institutions and the expectations of its heirs to run them. Illness and death were typically the factors that quickly catapulted those heirs into places of power and leadership. Some crumbled beneath the weight of sudden responsibility. Others thrived on it. And some were a complicated mixture of both.

"It must be difficult for you, running this establishment alone. I am sorry your grandfather has been struck by such malady. A man who builds his own legacy out of nothing is owed my respect."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a day in the life [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 1:56:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Remiel's lack of reply to her nervous defense encourages her to relax a little bit. Perhaps she'd overstepped and overreacted to the situation. He meant no ill will.[break][break]

She lets out a breath. Had she been holding onto it? Gods, she needed to relax a little bit.[break][break]

Her gaze slides to the Pawniard and its stuffed Teddiursa and she clicks her tongue.[break][break]

"Hey now, we don't do that to our gifts. What you're doing is cruel, and I'd like you to stop that."[break][break]

The Pawniard hesitates, setting the stuffed animal down and appearing uncomfortable and perhaps a little bit confused.[break][break]

Avery's heart beats uncomfortably when Remiel speaks next, and she bites the inside of her lip hard to fend off the emotion that makes her tongue thick.[break][break]

"It's- it's not so bad, really. I can't complain, I couldn't do that to them. They've done so much for me already."[break][break]

She smiles, but there's sadness in the way her lips curl. It's forced.

[break][break]