laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2020 7:48:36 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]

[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]

@bean6      [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]

>)[break]

Much as he enjoyed educating others on the proper care and treatment of Pokemon, a lengthy lecture was enough to exhaust even Florian. With all the excitement surrounding the recently-introduced Galarian species, all kinds of trainers were dealing with Pokemon they'd never even heard of before. As a Pokemon researcher who happened to live nearby, he'd been approached with the idea of helping spread knowledge.[break][break]

He'd spent weeks on the research and many sleepless nights in front of the mirror practicing his speech, and now it had all come to fruition.[break][break]

Now he can finally go home and rest.[break][break]

Laverre, at least, seems no worse for wear. His Rapidash is a performer at heart, and perform she had.[break][break]

"You are a darling," he tells her warmly, before returning her to her pokeball. He'd promised to stick around for a while after the lecture in order to answer any questions, but he's not expecting the speed at which someone has taken up the offer. He steps down from the stage and finds himself face-to-face with a young woman: blonde haired, blue eyed, and approaching with purpose.[break][break]

"'Allo," he greets her, accent still thick with Kalosian influence. "How can I help you, miss?"[break][break]

A Sylveon sits at his side, curiously sniffing the air.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]

[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 1:21:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Andi has never, in her life, been this anxious to meet a new person. She supposed that there’s a first time for everything, but after tracking halfway around the world, to a brand new region... yeah, she’s a little scared.

Terrified, actually.

She watches his little presentation — which is actually quite interesting, and she reminds herself to look more into it after this whole situation is dealt with — but for now, her nerves are screaming at her to run away from this very nice person, the likelihood of her completely flipping his entire world upside down... quantifiably high.

Once his little lecture is done, she makes her way down to the podium he had been working from, and folds her hands neatly in front of her. When she’s prompted, she holds out her hand to shake his, offering a tentative smile. She could see her eyes when she looks at him, and it made her stomach flip-flop. Or perhaps her eyes were his, since he was older, and, and, and — oh, Arceus.

"Hello, Professor Laurel. My name is Chandler Reed." Her fingers reach into her messages bag to pull free a few papers. Her DNA results. "I believe, after extensive research, that your father and my father are one in the same." Andi holds out the papers to him, her hands steady. Calm. "If you could just... verify that I have the right person..."

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 1:51:05 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]
>)[break]

Florian shakes the woman's offered hand. His grip is gentle, hand soft. He returns the smile, the gesture scrunching up his nose and crinkling his eyes.[break][break]

Her name is unfamiliar, but she presents a stack of papers... and drops a bombshell alongside them.[break][break]

The smile fades, more a result of shock than anything else, and it takes Florian's mind several seconds to process the meaning behind the words. She thinks they share a father—[break][break]

(— a father that Florian has not spoken to in years, a man whose cold words and harsh demands had driven him from home —)[break][break]

—she thinks that they're related.[break][break]

And, Arceus, he can see it. The blue of her eyes, the honey of her hair.[break][break]

Her hands are steady. His tremble slightly as he accepts the offered papers, adjusting his glasses as he swallows nerves and scans the information on the page. The familiar name is like a punch to the gut. Girauld Laurel. His father. Their father.[break][break]

The spacious hall suddenly feels far, far too cramped.[break][break]

"I-I..." He clears his throat, tries again. "This is my father's name, yes."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 2:09:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Taking a deep breath, Andi exhales through her nose, listening to his confirmation. She sinks slowly onto one of the stools on the little presentation stage, and closes her eyes for a moment. Right, so. It was true. And the man in front of her... Was her brother. Is her brother. She sighs again, before pressing the heels of her hands into her eyes.

”I’m so sorry, I just —“ Andi had no idea how to go about this, and now that she’s done it, she can’t take it back. She starts to cry under the heels of her hands, sniffling anxiously as she realizes that she’s brought another person into her mess of a situation, selfishly, and without planning it beyond actually letting him know she exists.

”Y-your dad is a fucking asshole.” She says bluntly, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. Andi sniffs hard and stifles her tears for a moment. ”He slept with my mum and then just bailed, like some... Piece of shit.” Now she was angry, and she didn’t have her actual father to direct it at. ”I need to know where he is, because I’m going to just... Just!” Her hands crumple and fold in her lap, the shaking beginning. ”I hate him.”

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 2:34:35 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]
>)[break]

She falls apart in front of him, tears in her eyes and the weight of the world on her shoulders.[break][break]

Florian's not sure what to do.[break][break]

His thoughts are transported to a different time, when his parents had been role models rather than drill sergeants. When the peaceful mood of their household had suddenly shifted: evident even to a nine-year-old child, a tension that he couldn't place. It had lasted for months, his parents barely speaking to one another outside of necessity, and he hadn't known why.[break][break]

It clicks together, now.[break][break]

His laughter is hollow, and there's pity in his eyes. "He is not a good person," Florian agrees, apologetic. "I — I am afraid there is not much I can offer beyond an old address. I have not spoken to him in years."[break][break]

He hesitates before placing a hand on her shoulder, a vain attempt to comfort the shaking woman.[break][break]

"I hate him, too."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2020 17:13:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Andi wipes her eyes again, sniffling as she stares up at him. She licks her lips, tasting the salt water on them, before breathing out a shaky breath. He's making this a lot harder to hate his entire family, when he seems to be in the same boat.

When he says that he hates their father too, she breathes a snorting, awfully dry laugh, that makes her want to vomit. Was it a relief? At this point, she honestly has no idea. What was the point of doing this, again? Now she's ruined Florian Laurel's life as well. And now he, a complete stranger to her, was comforting her in a way that was normally reserved for just her mother.

A pang of guilt rips through her as she stares at her feet, before looking up, taking a deep breath. She claps her hands to her cheeks to snap herself out of it, before standing up. "Well, no use being mad at you..." She huffs, running her fingers through her hair, nervously twisting it into little braids. "... Should we...? Talk, or something?"

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 2:38:34 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]
>)[break]

He can't blame her for her reactions, the crying and laughing and overall uncertainty. Florian himself still struggles to process it all: he had a sister. This woman, whom he'd never met, was his sister.[break][break]

Would she want a relationship? He'd always wanted a sibling, growing up. There had been so much pressure on him as the only child of a demanding family to be perfect, flawless, obedient. A longing for another soul to share the burden had transformed into a loneliness and desire for companionship as the chasm between Florian and his parents grew wider.[break][break]

He does not want to force those feelings upon the poor girl, who is dealing with struggles of her own.[break][break]

So when she asks to talk, he is careful.[break][break]

"Of course," he replies, gently. "I would not be upset if you were angry. Whatever you are feeling, it's OK."[break][break]

He becomes suddenly aware of how many other people are around to witness such a vulnerable, intimate moment. Glancing around and noticing at least a couple people staring, he suggests, "Should we go somewhere more private, perhaps?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 10:02:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Glancing at the crowd, Andi nods and curls her fingertips together, turning back to Florian with a flushed face, and tears having carved canyons through her foundation. "Alright." She wipes her face again, trying to smooth out the streaks, before gesturing to the door.

"I'll wait outside for you to be done..." She hurries off towards the exit, before slumping against the wall outside. Shoot. Shoot! Shoot! Andi takes deep breaths to calm herself, before pulling out her phone. She shoots her mother a quick text message, telling her she's found one person, but not her father. She doesn't specify any more than that - she's too anxious to even think of what she should say.

"Okay, calm down." Andi tells herself, squinting at her phone as she brings up local coffee shops or restaurants that they could go to. Perhaps they could have dinner? Public setting, not too crowded... This could work. She reserves a table before he even gets out of the lecture hall.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2020 11:28:33 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]
whoops[break]

She's gone before he can change his mind, and Florian lets it hit him.[break][break]

He had a sister. His father, responsible for much of the trauma he still suffered from today, had ruined more than one life. His father—[break][break]

Suddenly the walls are too close, the room is too hot, and Florian's going into a full on panic attack. No amount of breath seems enough to fill his lungs and there are tears in his eyes that won't stop falling. Distantly, he registers someone asking if he's all right.[break][break]

He's going to pass out. He can't breathe, he's going to pass out, he feels like he's dying—[break][break]

The Sylveon at his side lets out a soft chirrup as his feelers wrap around Florian's arm. Numbly, Florian gains enough presence of mind to apologise to the gathered crowd, excuse himself. He makes it to the restroom and collapses against the wall, shaking. Joli curls into his lap and purrs like a cat, licking the tears from his trainer's cheeks and allowing himself to be held until the trembling stops and Florian can finally, finally breathe.[break][break]

It's been a long time since he'd thought about his father.[break]
(There was a reason for that.)[break][break]

When he joins Chandler several minutes later, his eyes are tinged red but he is smiling, determined to put on a brave face.[break][break]

"I, ah, am sorry for the wait! There were more questions than I expected!" Except he hadn't answered any questions, had simply broken down and fled the scene before they could be asked. Shame creeps up the back of his neck. "Do you have a place in mind?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 5:02:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As Florian exits the room and joins her in the hallway, Chandler smiles softly, holding out her phone. "I've made... a reservation at this restaurant? If that's alright. Dinner is usually busy in the city, so I thought I would be proactive..." She pauses, her cheeks flushing as her heart pumps. Right, she shouldn't be trying to control everything.

"B-but! Only if you want to, of course - ! We can choose another place together, if it doesn't suit your fancy. It's a Kalosian restaurant, so I assumed... But maybe you don't like the food from there..." Maybe she should have done her research. She begins to spiral from the anxiety, clutching her phone to her chest. "I'm sorry, I don't know how to do..." Andi gestures between them. "Having a sibling." She gives him a weak laugh.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2020 12:22:32 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]
if i ever give u a wall of text, i forgot the break tags .-.[break]

Florian peers over at her phone when she holds it out, eyes wide with curiosity. He hasn't been in Hoenn long enough to recognize the place, is about to confirm that anywhere is find when she cuts herself off and backpedals.[break][break]

His smile is gentle, patient.
[break][break]
"Neither do I," he confesses, mirroring her awkward laugh with one that's light and airy, as if he hadn't had a breakdown in the restroom minutes before. "We can figure that out together!"[break][break]
It's said in jest, but the words make something hopeful leap in his gut. He forces it down, reminding himself for the umpteenth time that this could all be temporary. She's here for answers, and he'll give them if he can.[break][break]
"The restaurant is fine," he assures her. "Kalos is like everywhere else; the food can be hit or miss!"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 22:00:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Alright." Andi smiles at Florian's optimism. It's refreshing, to say the least... And sort of gives her a little bit of hope for their future relationship. Maybe this could work out, in the long run.

She takes a deep breath, and pulls her phone back to her chest, looking her brother over, before nodding firmly and tucking the phone into her back pocket. "Right. Let's head there. I've got a car, so I can drive us - unless you've also got one?" She blinks, realizing that he probably knew how to drive. He was older than her. And established in his career. And seems successful.

It'd be stupid to think he doesn't have a car, actually. "If... you want to drive, though, we can take yours! Or, whatever. I'm impartial." Andi smiles awkwardly.

Shit.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 15:43:55 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

Chandler backpedals quickly, but Florian shakes his head with a quick smile.[break][break]

"I don't, actually! Mostly I rely on my Togekiss, or take public transit if it's too far!" He did know how to drive and had earned his license, but anxiety had crippled his confidence in his abilities. He leaves that part out.[break][break]

"So it's OK if you drive!"[break][break]

He didn't have his Togekiss on him, after all, and she'd never carried two passengers at once before even if he had.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 21:42:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Okay." Andi smiles, nodding looking over to Florian, before turning on her toe and heel to lead him towards her car.

It isn't long before they reach the vehicle, a small little two-door car, with a hatchback trunk that was still partially full of her things that she's moved to the city.

"Hop in!" She smiles brightly over the top of the car.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:06:33 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

Florian gets into the car as invited, smiling over at Chandler when she hops into the driver's seat.[break][break]

Cars make him a little nervous even when he's not the one driving, so he decides to make small talk in order to pass the time. What better way to get to know each other, after all?[break][break]

"You do not sound as if you are from Hoenn," he says, tilting his head. "Your accent, is it Galarian?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES