Bank On It!

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 22:22:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec did not know how he ever got in this situation, but here he was standing inside Slateport City's Macro Cosmos Bank located in the city's Upper District. He was tasked with guarding the bank from burglars and the latter. The young trainer was also told that he would have a partner that he would be working with who was also a trainer. However, he had not seen him or her yet, it was hard tellin' who his partner was. However he was hoping that he would get to meet 'em soon! I'm also curious about what Pokemon they have! I also hope nothing too serious happens, Alec thought to himself as he silently waved and smiled at people entering and exiting the bank. It was then that Alec tried wondering why the people who hired him were happy knowing that he had Dragon type Pokemon. Did it matter that much, really? After all, any Pokemon cam be just as good if well trained. However, he wasn't gonna sit there and argue with the people who asked for his help. Plus, Alec wasn't the type to be rude. Eccentric and sometimes rambunctious? Yes, but Rude!? No.

Despite his concerns, Alec was still very much determined to try and the right thing. After all, that's what every great trainer does, right? Alec had continued to eye the place with a smile on his face, making sure that there was nothing out of ordinary going on. He also kept wondering what his unknown partner was like? Hopefully they were pretty chill and nice.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 16:46:44 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh didn't have any Dragon Types in his current party, though he'd had some with him once upon a time. Either way, despite not abiding by their preference, it appeared that someone else they had signed on to help guard the museum had obliged their request and they were willing to let Josh come along to provide additional protection. Apparently a Charizard didn't count as a dragon, imagine that?

Either way, the blonde haired Trainer and his Raichu companion would step into the museum and be greeted by their employers. Once he was given his orientation and instructions, he nodded his head calmly as he made his way toward the on that had been pointed out to be his partner on this little bit of guard duty.

"You must be Alec" He spoke up, smiling gently as he held out a hand. "Josh Dragomir. This is my partner, Lightning" He introduced as he motioned toward the Raichu at his side, wearing a blue bandana.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 17:09:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Apparently, Gavin could now add 'bank robbery' to the list of things he'd been roped into doing on Rocket's dime.

Of course, due to the nature of the organization's assumed defeat and subsequent attempts to remain underground, he wasn't allowed to say he was operating under Rocket affiliation. So here he was, stowed away in the back of van, contemplating his life choices as the bumps in the road assured him that they were, in fact, moving toward some destination.

"You'd better pay me well for this."

He shoots a last reproachful glance at the man who'd accompanied him before jumping out the now-open doors of the truck. Hair dyed, eyes green, mask-and-hood pulled up to hide his face. He felt like an utter loon, to be honest.

"As soon as we're inside, you're going to blind everyone with Dazzling Gleam." Honestly, his Alcremie wouldn't normally be Gavin's first choice in a mission like this, but such utility made her useful. "On my count. One, two..."

They burst through the side door of the bank. Gavin desperately wishes they'd given him a damn gun for this.

A dazzling gleam lights the lobby with a blinding flash; there's instant chaos, pedestrians screaming or shielding their eyes, the bank tellers scrambling with their vision robbed from them. Gavin's Alcremie looks guilty at the part she's played in the bedlam, creamy arms lifting to cover her mouth.

Another flash of light reveals a true threat: Gavin's Emboar smashes her fists together with a challenging rumble.

"You're being robbed, obviously." He's flippant, disinterested, raising his voice to be heard over the panic. "Cooperate, and we won't burn this place to the ground."

lmk if you need anything changed!
[break]mission

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 17:44:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had turned when he had heard a man call his name. Alec smiled seeing the blond man who had a Raichu accompanying him. "Oh wooooow! Your Raichu is amazing! It's also nice to meet you!" Alec said extending a hand to Josh who seemed like a pretty cool dude to the young Ace Trainer. "I honestly I was kind of nervous that something bad m-" before he could even finish his sentence, the side door immediately swung open and were greeted by a blond man who had an odd looking Pokemon. He had immediately commanded the Pokemon to use one of it's attacks and then a bright light had began to flash from the Pokemon's body.

It was a really dirty trick that the man pulled, especially since it caught the young trainer off guard. Just as Alec could see again, he see another Pokemon that was much bigger and even seemed meaner too. Alec had a scowl on his face and began yelling at the guy with blond hair who barged in causing the chaos. "I'd watch yourself cause you're dealing with us! C'mon out Rex!" Alec said bringing out one of his three Dragon type Pokemon. Rex did not begin to question why he was there. The moment he saw the chaos as well as the evil man and his Pokemon, he knew what had needed to be done.

"I'd rather kiss my own ass than surrender to you, thanks. Now! Rex! Blast that big guy with Dragon Breath!" Alec commanded, getting right into the battle. His Shelgon immediately spewed a purplish like spray that the Emboar. He wasn't even afraid in the slightest despite the chaos. Although, he was worried that people might get hurt. Who were still in the bank. We have to prevent them from hurting anyone! he thought kind mad at the fact that this man would do such a thing. It made his blood boil.

-Alec starting off with Shelgon aka Rex. Decided to actually play this smart :3 maybe o.o-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 16:33:41 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The blonde haired Trainer smiled softly at his guard accomplice's reaction to seeing his Raichu. He would shake the man's hand, but their conversation would be abruptly cut short by an intrusion. It seemed that his new accomplice had spoken a little too soon about hoping nothing bad would happen. Bad things always seemed to happen in situations like these. Lightning's ears perking up was something Josh noticed while Alec was talking. "Raichu rai!" Lightning cried out in a panic, and Josh immediately ducked down, covering his head. He didn't know what it was that Lightning was warning him about, but he trusted the Raichu's judgement.

The gamble paid off, as Josh was able to avoid the effects of Dazzling Gleam. He didn't hesitate to grab a Pokeball when a man would barge in with an Alcremie and an Emboar. "No shit" He grumbled when the man claimed they were being robbed, quickly sending out his Charizard.

The large Charizard let out a roar that probably didn't help the situation of the people scrambling about. Josh got to his feet in time to see his new accomplice attacking using a Shelgon.

"Fawkes, use Air Slash!"
Josh called to Fawkes as the Charizard would follow suit and launch a series of razor sharp projectiles flying toward the giant pig.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 22:16:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

One of the trainers strikes him as being headstrong, potentially inexperienced. He sends out a Shelgon, and Gavin smirks.

"Alcremie, intercept."

Though she lets out a nervous squeal at his command, the fairy-type heeds Gavin's command. As the Shelgon inhales in preparation to bathe the Emboar in its dragon breath, Alcremie jumps between the two. Purple dragon fire collides with her whipped-cream composition to no effect, dissipating harmlessly.

They are not so lucky against Charizard.

The projectiles fired by the lizard strike true, and Emboar roars in pain and displeasure as the air slash cuts deep. Her blood spatters across the floor and splashes a civilian, who screams in horror.

Gavin remains eerily calm.

"I see you're not planning on cooperation." He raises his voice so that the panicked civilians will hear. "I offered these men the chance to take the easy way out. Do remember that. Emboar, smog."

The over-large pig, injured though she was, cackles and smashes meaty fists together as a purplish haze begins to fill the room. It spreads slowly outward from her location, and the civilians scramble up against the walls to escape it.

"I'll give you another chance to play nice," he sneers. "Their lives could depend on it."

[break]mission

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 3:59:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec had not realized that Alcremie was a fairy type. "Rex, get back!" Alec commanded. It had jumped next to Josh's Charizard holding it's ground. However, something else had happened. The man's Emboar had began to use smog. "Damn, I can't get close with that Fairy type being in the way ... Unless," Alec had now thought of something.

"Hey, Josh! Sorry for rushing in like that! Lets show this guy not mess with us!" Alec had said, having a different look on his face than before. It was basically his way of saying that they should work together in order to stop this guy. "you got a way to clear out the smog?" Alec had asked him, covering his mouth, making sure to not breathe it in. Shelgon was probably slightly affected by it, but with it's shell it still had protection to an extent. As long he and Josh were able to finish this quickly then before the smog had greatly affected the people as well as their Pokemon.

Alec had decided to play it smart and see what Josh had in mind. His Charizard was pretty strong, and it could possibly clear out the smog just as easily. Alec also knew that they would also have to figure out a way to deal with that Fairy type Pokemon. In speaking of which, Alecbhad noticed how it was acting earlier. It had seemed like the Alcremie didn't want to do what it was ordered too. Did that mean that the Alcremie didn't want to be bad? Alec didn't know what to think of that exactly, but that wasn't important right now. He had to help Josh and figure out a way to deal with that Alcremie.

-Rex is going on the defensive this time and will wait for an opening.-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 20:51:11 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Josh was already on it. Believe it or not, this wasn't his first rodeo with this sort of thing. Keeping calm, he motions toward Fawkes. The Charizard, seeming to already know what to do, begins to bat its wings as the wind from the rapid movement of the wings sends the smog back toward its users not seconds after the bandit offers their ultimatum.

Josh's partner had not been so lucky in his attempt. The bandit had used what looked to be a Fairy Type to stop its attack. Josh wasn't familiar with Alcremie, but he'd been able to gauge enough of its type from that display, or at least enough to make a guess. He'd also noticed the way the new Pokemon was reacting... But unfortunately, as much as he felt bad about it, he was going to have to knock it out.

"Air Slash, once more" He called to the Charizard.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:58:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

They're more stubborn than he would like; beneath the mask that covers his face, Gavin scowls.

Though the beating of its wings is enough to blast some of the smog away from the duo of trainers defending the bank and back toward Gavin and his Pokemon, it also sends the poisonous fog toward the civilians cowering behind.

Gavin doesn't care about them. He glances to his Alcremie, and returns her to her Pokeball.

"Engage it!"

He knows it'll mean the end of his Emboar: it's all part of his newly-forming plan. As the Charizard finds itself distracted in taking down its bulky opponent, Gavin releases another of his Pokemon.

"Shell Smash, Rock Slide."

The emergent Omastar's shell makes a sickening crack as it gives way, freeing the fossil Pokemon from its confines. The bank trembles under the weight of falling rocks — they hit Emboar, too, but Gavin's already given her up for finished.

Over the screams of the patrons, he yells, "Have you no consideration for their safety, or your own?"

[break]mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 22:46:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec was getting angier and angier at his guy by the second. What kind of trainer lets his own Pokemon get hurt just to achieve his goal!? It made Alec mad. Just as soon as the Omastar had performed Rock Slide, Alec had shouted, "Rex! Use Protect to keep the civillians safe!" and with that, Alec's Shelgon had quickly rushed over to the crowd of people huddled together and had formed a large barrier that made the rocks bounce to the sides of them.

"You have no right say such a thing! Your using Pokemon to hurt people! You even have hurt your Pokemon! Don't have any sense of shame!?" Alec yelled at the man in glasses, wanting an answer. Alec had quickly took another Pokeball from his belt. "Let me show you what a Dragon Tamer can do! Go Veda!" Alec had said, calling out his Dratini to the battle as well.

"Use Agility!" Alec had said to his Veda. She quickly used her small snake like body and had quickly sped over to the Omastar. Veda's speed was a lot faster than his other Pokemon, so this could possibly work. "Now, zap that Omastar with Thunder Wave!" Alec said just Veda had gotten close to the enemy Pokemon.

She had let out a stream of electricity from her mouth and shot it at the Omastar. However, her getting close was to keep its eye off the real attack. "Now! Attack with Dragon Claw, Rex!" Alec commanded. The barrier he had casted earlier completely deflected the debris from the ceiling, keeping the Civilians safe and as soon that was finished, Rex was free to attack the Omastar from behind.

-Hope this is okay! ^^ lemme know if I need to make edits :3-

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 23:16:16 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

It certainly looked like he hadn't been paying heed to the civilians, wasn't it? But believe it or not, this was his wheelhouse. Fawkes had been busy with warding off the bandit's Emboar, but something had been forgotten in all of this - Josh's Raichu. When the Smog had first hit the field, Josh had handed a Pokeball to Lightning and sent him off just in case. He trusted the Raichu to know what to do if the people were in danger, leaving him to focus on taking out the bank robber's Pokemon. This was risky, very risky. How would the Raichu know what was the right time? But the thing was - Josh trusted Lightning. He would know.

The time came when the smog was accidentally sent toward the crowds instead of its intended target, and a blue light would be emitted from behind the smog, vaguely visible. This kept up until the smog dissipated and the bandit's Omastar used Rock Slide, putting themselves and the people in danger once more. Alec acted quickly, sending one of his Pokemon to use Protect to shield the civilians. Alec's Shelgon might be surprised to find a Swampert staring blankly at it, using Protect as well. Between them, the civilians would be safe.

He had kept calm throughout this. Perhaps a bit too calm.

Josh was confident in their capabilities, and thus he and Alec could focus on the bank robber's Omastar. "Dragon Claw" Josh called to Fawkes while Alec was doing his best to disorient the thing. Fawkes' claws would grow in a green aura as it rushed the Omastar from the front, cleaving through the Rock Slide before charging forward for a second, giving Alec more of an opening to attack from behind if he could.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 2:27:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

He's overwhelmed.

Gavin is a scientist with a logical mind. He deals in probability, and he knows the odds of him coming out ahead against two trainers fully equipped for battle are very low.

He also knows that Rocket don't appreciate failure. He grits his teeth.

If they were going to send out all of their Pokemon, why shouldn't he do the same?

Steelix barely fits in the confines of the bank: the metallic behemoth bursts up through the floor with a grating snarl. She brings along the wrath of the desert, a sandstorm whipping up to obscure their makeshift battlefield. Omastar is unaffected, but Gavin's Lucario looks displeased and his Crobat struggles against the battering sand.

Hopefully, the Charizard will hate it even more.

A few whistles and hand gestures from Gavin direct his Pokemon to their targets. Omastar withdraws into the fragments of its shell to escape the worst of the Charizard's assault. Lucario shrieks, a metal sound to lower their guard before he launches a dragon pulse toward Alec's Shelgon. Crobat dives toward the Dratini and attacks with its wings. Steelix swings her iron tail in a wide arc toward the offending Swampert.

And Gavin? Gavin takes advantage of the chaos and the veil of sand to jump over the counter and press a knife to a teller's throat.

"The sooner you cooperate, the sooner I'll get out of here and you can go back to your job."

His palms are damp with sweat as her shaking hands fiddle with the till.

will have him retreat next post! just needed to make sure we all got to five.
[break]mission

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 8:50:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec wasn't shocked at the fact that the man had more Pokemon. He was honestly just surprised by one of them being a Steelix. "So you got more Pokemon to do your evil bidding for you!? Well, I have more Pokemon too!" Alec saif, grimacing at the man in glasses. Just as his Lucario was going to attack Rex with Dragon Pulse, Alec had called out Shelster, his Cloyster to the battle now.

"Shellster! Protect Rex with Withdraw and Iron Defense now!"
Alec commanded, and the Cloyster quickly spun it's self towards Rex after shutting itself in his shell, deflecting the Lucario's attack with ease. "Now, Rex! Attack Lucario with Flamthrower!" Alec had said.

He had wanted to avoid using such an attack while in the vicinity of the civilians, however this needed to end quickly. Especially with that Steelix being right there. The enemy's Crobat was going after Veda, and with that, Alec called out another one of his Pokemon. "Shade! Stop that Crobat with Hyper Voice!" calling out his third Dragon Pokemon. It then happily belted out a loud shriek which projected towards the bat like Pokemon, attempting to halt it in order to give Veda herself, an opening. "Veda! Counter with Dragon Tail!" The Small Dratini had then pounced and had attempted to strike the Crobat in the face with her tail.

Alec had then tossed two more pokeballs in areas where his two other pokemon wouldn't be affected by Steelix's movements. Even though it was huge, his robust build could be a disadvantage when trying to deal with smaller Pokemon. Alec's Piplup and Charmander were now just right in Steelix's blind spots. Just as it attempted to swing its tail at Josh's Swampert, Alec called out to his Piplup and Charmander. "Iris! Bubble Beam! Inferno! Use Ember!" At that moment, Alec gave a quick glance at Josh to aide in taking the Steelix down with their Pokemon together. Hopefully, with their combined efforts they would be able to take down the Steelix together.

-Hopefully this is okay? If I need to make edits pls let me know! <3 -

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 13:44:28 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

His next tactic didn't surprise Josh. To be honest, considering how much chaos he was trying to sow, he was almost surprised he hadn't done this sooner. Luckily, Alec seemed to be on the case for this so Josh didn't feel the need to bring out more of his Pokemon and make this even more chaotic unless he absolutely had to. His first priority though, becomes the Steelix. "Flamethrower!" Josh called to Fawkes, who following enduring the stat-lowering assault from before, unleashes a barrage of flames toward the massive titan. He motions meanwhile for his Swampert to continue to hold Protect, hoping to stop the Steelix in its tracks while it is attacking so the Flamethrower can take full effect. Knowing that Lightning will act well enough on it's own, Josh turns his attention to the bandit, who had begun to take off.

"Rai... CHUUUU!" Lightning cried out as the Raichu would launch itself at the Omastar and use Nuzzle, hoping to Paralyze it. Josh meanwhile had taken off after the bandit at a speed perhaps a bit surprising considering his size. Just as the Rocket reached the teller and pressed a knife toward their throat, Josh had slid over the counter and pulled out some kind of steel object. With the click of a button, the tiny rod would extent into a long staff that slammed into the knife at an angle, knocking it away from the teller. Josh immediately spun the staff so the other side was pointed toward the bandit's throat, said side beginning to spark with electricity. It was pretty clear he was trained to use the thing. Though he hadn't pressed it close enough to where it would harm him - that also left room for Gavin to make a break for it.

The reveal!

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,761 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bank On It!
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 23:07:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's wrist wrenches with the force behind the blow, knife clattering from his hand. The teller screams. The would-be robber snarls.

Josh spins the staff toward his neck, but this is not the first time Gavin has found himself in danger. His foot traps the blade of his own knife beneath it, lest any would-be heroes formulate an idea, and he grips the staff and wrenches it away from his neck with as much force as he can muster.

Using the momentum, he leaps back over the counter and into the chaos of the battle.

Sand obscures his vision, whips at his hair and stings in his eyes. He misses his glasses, wishes he could take the mask off and rub at his face.

Charizard attempts to bathe the Steelix in its flame, but Steelix throws up an earthen barrier with the help of her stone edge. The bubbles and embers from Alec's Pokemon meet a similar fate. Lucario dodges a twin bout of flame with his extremespeed, growling low. Crobat has no defense against the pitched shriek of hyper voice, and a beam of red light swallows it as Gavin returns his struggling Pokemon before it can be struck by the dragon's tail.

Steelix lifts her tail for him to pass, then slams the iron tail back to the ground, quaking the floor and cutting off Josh's access to her trainer.

They're forced to play defensive; it's time to get out of here. None of this was worth spending time in prison, especially when he wasn't sure he could count on Rocket's assistance. They were underground, after all.

Steelix swings her titanic form around to block off the exit once Gavin's through, and it's not until he's clear of the bank that he presses the buttons on his Pokemon's balls to return them to safety.

He ditches the mask and hooded jacket, the contacts, puts his glasses back on, and strides through the streets a different man.

:100: gavin has left the building!
[break]mission