thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 16:19:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

The underground ring possesses an energy that Gavin hasn't felt in a long time. The pounding of the bass reverberates through the floor; he can feel it in his teeth, can barely hear himself think over the music and the raucous cheers of the crowd.

Mightyena's jaws clamp around the Electrike's neck and don't let go, even when the onset of paralysis becomes clear in the dog's stiffening limbs. Blood coats jaws and drips onto stone, and excited onlookers jeer and slam against the cage. This is what they'd came to see: blood and broken bones, no holds barred.

It's the Electrike's trainer who throws in the towel before the Mightyena can snap its neck, and there's call-outs for new participants.

Gavin is half-shoved toward the cage by one of the men that passed as 'bouncers' in this lawless place.

"Give 'em a good show."

The scientist faces his would-be opponent with a cold stare and a curt nod. "We call it before there's deaths, otherwise no rules. Good?"

He wasn't about to lose his Pokemon to a cage match, after all, no matter how much Rocket were paying him to participate.

lmk if you need anything changed
[break]mission
@kieren

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 17:08:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_q3z8k1Vdh01yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]

Kieren was ready - itching for his fight to begin. He wore his black trench coat with his hand mask covering his face. He also had similar looking hands on his arms, shoulders as well as underneath where his armpits were. It honestly gave the guy a rather creepy and eerie feeling. The other competitors had seen him battle before and quite honestly, no one was brave enough to try and challenge him in the battle tent. Those that did ... Well, they lost. Badly. When the man said he didn't want his pokemon to die, Kieren couldn't help himself. "What!? Are you afraid of losing them? Lemme tell ya somethin'. Everything eventually dies." Kieren said, giving the blond haired man a stare that would give any sane person the chills.

Nothing had seemed to phase Kieren, and to be quite honest... That was true. Nothing negative had phased him in a way that showed fear like other people normally would. Some people thought he was completely insane. Who would've thought that they would be right. However, that didn't make him reckless. In fact, it made him more aware of what he could do in heat-of-the-moment situations like this one. Kieren stood there, blocking the blood-thirsty roar of the crowd
It was obvious they wanted to see blood getting spilt out here today and usually Kieren would give them what they would want. However, Kieren had no choice but to abide by the man's stupid rules. It was part of battling in the Battle tent apparently which was very lame.

"Alright Kurama! Time to battle!" Growlithe had appeared out from the Pokeball Kieren had in his hand and had a smirk that was hidden behind that creepy hand like mask of his. Honestly everything about him was creepy. His raspy voice - his vulgar sense of humor as well as personality. It was like when people saw him for the first time that they could see his pitch black soul. "Don't you dare disappoint me blondy. I'd rather stay awake when Pokemon battling," Kieren said taunting him. He also had his other two Pokemon on standby as well. Who knows if the man had more Pokemon either. If he did then adding to the show would be all the more fun watching as well as Kieren himself.

-Kurama is the Growlithe and its moves are flame wheel/play rough/crunch/howl and covet with Justified ability. Reference ^^-

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 11:22:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Perhaps some found him unnerving, but Gavin meets the eerie stare with his own level and calm. He suspects that he's going for shock value with the trench coat and all the hands, but it just looks ridiculous to Gavin. He scoffs at the challenge.

"My Pokemon are an investment." Whether or not he possessed genuine care for those investments was no business of this fool. "I don't gamble my investments on bloodsport."

Perhaps the reason becomes clearer upon the release of his first Pokemon: the Rookidee bursts into the air with gilded wings, rare and unusual. He hears someone in the crowd gasp. He knows he'll need to keep a close guard when leaving this place; he couldn't openly affiliate with a supposedly-dead organization, and so fear of the Rocket name wouldn't protect him from thieves.

The shining bird beats its wings, awaiting order.

"Go ahead and fall asleep," Gavin sneers, not intimidated by the taunt. "I'll thrash your Pokemon and take your money, win/win."

He does not name his Pokemon, but the Rookidee knows it's being addressed when Gavin gives a sharp whistle.

"Attack."

This is not a sanctioned battle. There is no need for him to hold back, or to call out which moves they would use. The bird folds its wings and dives toward its target, aiming to slam beak-first into its foe with drill peck.

all my pokemon info is updated in my pc <3
[break]mission
@kieren

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 17:02:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Kieren already did not like this guy. Also, what was that about? His Pokemon being an investment? As if! It was the biggest pile of crap he's ever heard of. Kieren also had a feeling that this battle wasn't going to be in the blond guy's favor. If he wasn't gonna treat this battle the way it was intended then he would never have any chance of winning. 

He quickly ordered his bird Pokemon to attack first which made Kieren grin. "Flame Wheel!" he said to his Growlithe and it obeyed aiming to counter the Rookidee's Drill Peck. The Growlithe had quickly spun in a circle, spewing flames that wrapped around it as it spun aiming to have the Rookidee walk right into it. Kieren couldn't help but laugh at how easy this was. "I hope that was hot enough for ya! 'Cause this Battle is only gonna get hotter! Hahahahahahahahaha!" Kieren cackled maniacally.

"Why don't you let out a Howl Kurama!" and soon after that, the Growlithe had Howled loudly which also made the crowd shout with excitement. Kieren had a way with having the spotlight on him and quite frankly, he enjoyed a lot. It was clear that Kieren had no intention of holding back however, if the blondy did call back his Pokemon to prevent it from getting severely hurt, there was nothing Kieren could do about it. If he were running this Battle Tent, there would be no such thing. The battles would be strictly all or nothing, or simply don't battle.

-My pc has been updated as well! ^^ -

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 15:56:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Once the battle begins, Gavin's attention shifts away from the man and remains upon his Pokemon. There's a certain intensity in his gaze that suggests this isn't his first time in the underground.

Flame Wheel is ordered, and Gavin knows his bird will want to instinctively avoid the attack.

"Keep going!"

Golden wings betray a beat of hesitation as the bird catches itself in the air, but the encouragement from its trainer is what the Rookidee needs to press on. Ignoring the howl of its opponent, ignoring the searing flames all around it, Rookidee pulls a scary face as it dives directly through the fire to drill peck its foe.

Gavin might not have wanted his investments to be lost, but pain and injury was all a part of battle. He'd push them as hard as he could, first.

[break]mission
@kieren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 18:46:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Kieren scoffed as he saw the blondy's used it's Scary Face on top of it's Drill Peck. Then again, he was kind of impressed that he came up with a clever strategy. It only made things all the more fun for him. He could see the sense of hesitation though coming from the Rookidee before the blondy had ordered it to keep going. Kieren had smirked waiting for the perfect moment. Kurama had looked back it's master noticing what he had wanted him to do. He had wanted him to take the hit and then counter before the bird Pokemon could fly off again.

Wait for it ... Kieren had said, having a grin with such maniacal intensity that someone filled with innocence would fall ill just looking at him. Then, the Rookidee had collided with Kurama, it's Drill Peck hitting it. "Now! Time to Play Rough, Kurama!" Kieren said with his raspy voice being loud. And then just as Kurama was hit back by Drill Peck, he used the hit to swing it's body back enough kick Rookidee in the face with it's Hind legs harshly.

"Keep treating your Pokemon like an investment. I'll just crush your investments!" Kieren said, holding his maniacal grin. Kieren did not know why but beating this blondy had became his current short term goal. This guy just ticked him off. His face, the way he talked - Kieren absolutely hated it. He felt it was his duty to crush him into ground. As for his Pokemon, they'd just be collateral damage.

-My pc has been updated as well! ^^ -

[/quote]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 15:43:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's been doing some research into fairy-types, much to his own chagrin, and he recognises the name of a move. Unsure of what it does, but knowing that his bird operates best at close range, he doesn't order the Rookidee to pull back.

The small bird gets kicked in the face full-force by the attack, letting out a pained squawk as it skids across the ground. Jeers and taunts rise up from the crowd, but Gavin is deaf to them all. Instead, he whistles sharply to draw Rookidee's attention back to him.

Growlithe was still within striking range, after all.

"Hone your claws and strike back."

Gold wings flutter, streaks of red marring their beauty. Droplets of blood scatter as the bird rights itself and scratches its talons across the rough stone of the cage floor, honing its claws to a sharpened edge.

Then, the brave bird dives toward its target, talons first. The collision would no doubt mark the end of the little bird's fight, but with any luck it would take the dog down with it.

[break]mission
@kieren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 22:05:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Kieren grinned maniacally as he saw Kurama's attack landing a hit, the blood coming from the Rookidee was a rather good sight to see. He could tell that Kurama was getting worn out but he didn't care. What mattered was who was gonna be the winner of this battle.

When Gavin had ordered his Rookidee to attack again, Kieren's grin widened. "Attack with Flame Wheel!" Kieren ordered his Pokemon to attack and even though it was battered, it still did what Kieren had ordered it to do, spinning its body into a wheel of flames colliding with the attacking Rookidee. The collision had made a miniature explosion upon impact, smoke enveloping the ring. Kieren had his mask on, so there was no need to protect his eyes from the smoke.

As the smoke cleared on his side, he had seen Kurama on the ground, knocked out from the collision. Even though it was a loss, Kieren was pretty sure that the Rookidee was knocked out too which was a Double K.O. Or at least that was what he had hoped anyways. It was still too soon to tell due to the smoke still not clear on the blondy's side of the ring. Without even waiting, Kieren had returned Kurama to her Pokeball and had began to call out his second Pokemon.

"Time to come out Dauntless!" he said, calling out his Riolu. It stood their silently awaiting for his opponent to show itself, its rugged nature standing out clearly.

-Hope this okay? If not pls let me know! <3 -

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 21:30:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

His Rookidee is down for the count. Gavin knows this, feels its pokeball tremble in his grip as its inhabitant is drawn back inside.

That's fine. He'd expected as much.

He's pleased to see that the Growlithe had gone down as well; it had been the plan, after all, and a smirk curls his lips at the sight. Even if he doesn't win the battle, he'd done his part for Rocket so far. The crowd are going wild with all the hype he'd been asked for.

An Alcremie appears on the field, anxious and cowering under all of the sudden noise and attention. She sets up a defensive acid armour without receiving any orders, whimpering as she looks to Gavin — the only familiar sight in this underground cesspool.

Gavin gestures to the Riolu.

"Fight it."

She doesn't want to, but fear of her master apparently trumps her unwillingness to battle. The crowd has to shield their eyes as a dazzling gleam suddenly flashes across the field.

[break]mission
@kieren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 22:30:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Even though his Growlithe was also down for the count, Kieren had seemed rather pleased with the recent outcome as ludicrous as it had seemed. What made things more out of place was when the blondy had brought his second Pokemon. Kieren made a disgusted face underneath his mask as he laid eyes on the fairy type Pokemon.

Then suddenly, the blondy started right away, commanding his ugly Pokemon to attack, and it did with Dazzling Gleam. Kieren's Riolu was blinded for a short while, and eventually once the bright light dissipated, Riolu slowly reopened his eyes growling at the Alcremie in anger. 

Kieren had smirked knowing that his Riolu was using the move Work up, using his anger to make his attacks stronger. "Dauntless, lunge at that blob and attack with Bullet Punch!" Kieren had said with a grin and his Riolu had done just that, swinging its fists at the Alcremie one at a time in sucession one after the other.

-Kieren's Riolu used the Move Work up and then began to attack with Bullet Punch. -

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 22:50:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin had learned not to underestimate fairy-types upon seeing his Alcremie battle a dragon; he's also aware of her strengths and weaknesses, after having done some research, and a smirk curls the edge of his lips.

"Withstand it."

In spite of her foe having worked itself up, Alcremie's acid armour in combination with her natural resistances allowed her to weather the attack at no large cost to her own well-being. Now her opponent was up close... just what Gavin had hoped for.

"Retaliate! Draining Kiss!"

With a nervous squeal, clearly feeling bad for the Pokemon she was fighting, Alcremie nevertheless obeys her orders and attempts to latch onto the Riolu with a draining kiss.

[break]mission
@kieren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2020 16:01:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Kieren absolutely hated Fairy Type Pokemon. What kind of frou frou trainer would want- Never mind. The Answer had been made clear to Kieren. Just looking at the Alcremie had disgusted him all the way down to his core. He wanted to verbally express how he felt to the blondy, but he would do that after he won.

"A physical attack? Nice! That lets me do this! Now, use Counter!" Kieren demanded his Pokemon to do, and with that, the Rugged Riolu had violently grabbed the Alcremie forcing it off of him before it could drain a lot of its own energy. The tiny fighting Pokemon had then slammed the Alcremie down to the ground, however he wasn't done. "Now, pummel it to the ground with Bullet Punch!" Kieren shouted with glee, having a smirk on his face as his Riolu had begun to pounce on the Alcremie, swooping in with fast punches.

-If ye want we can decide the victor after this post? Completely up to ye ^^ <3 and also, hope ya like xD -

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:44:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

"A mistake," Gavin sneers. "It's special, not physical."

Though the Riolu is successful in pulling the fairy-type from its neck and throwing it down, the attack doesn't seem to affect Alcremie as much as its opponent might have hoped. She still cowers before her opponent, clearly reluctant.

"Acid armour!"

Alcremie whines and liquefies in response to the punches. Riolu's pummeling fists would sink into her malleable form, emerging covered in pink cream.

"Dazzling Gleam, again! Finish it.""

Whether it's in respect to his command or simply to halt the attacks against her, the dessert Pokemon complies. She closes her eyes and once again lights the arena with a blinding flash; several members of the crowd have the sense to shield their eyes, this time, though she still catches a few.

iirc you said go for the win, but i can edit if need be!
[break]mission
@kieren

[/quote]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 22:04:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
kieren Avatar

Kieren was actually hoping that his Riolu would be Able to do enough damage to win the battle for them, however Kieren was just now realizing that Dauntless' attacks weren't doing anything at all and then the Alcremie had gave off it's attack, and after the bright light had faded, Kieren's Riolu was on the ground unconscious. 

Kieren was visibly angry at what he was witnessing. He had lost the battle. "Dammit!" the man growled, returning his unconscious Riolu to it's Pokeball. The referee had announced the blondy amd his Alcremie being the winners of the battle. Kieren wanted say that he wasn't done, however he could get into some big trouble with the ring leader ofbthe battle hut, and quite honestly, doing so would be annoying. Kieren turned walking away from the way he had come into the Arena, however before doing so, he left a few choice words for the Blondy.

"Next time we battle, I'll smash that Alcremie of yours. You can count on that."

-No worries! XD if you wanna make the end post if ye want ^^-

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
fight music [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 22:09:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin merely smirks at the man, content that he'd managed to rile him up. To the scientist, getting under the skin of his opponent was even sweeter than the victory itself.

A few eager onlookers who'd bet on Gavin are in high spirits, but he notices the majority of their crowd wear sour looks and cast glares in his direction. His opponent had been the favourite, it seemed. This pleases him all the more.

Alcremie remains on the field, shaking with fear and adrenaline.

"Clear the field!" someone snaps.

In a moment of compassion, Gavin meets the gaze of his quivering Pokemon and offers a nod. "You did well, today."

With that, he recalls her and departs.

iirc you said go for the win, but i can edit if need be!
[break]mission
@kieren