Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
Foray to the Fiery Path [Catch]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 17:03:08 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He had been coming here rather often as of late, hadn't he? But he couldn't help it, he always found interesting Pokemon around here. And it wasn't all that far from Lavaridge Town where his family lived, so it was a reliable place to look for Pokemon. Once again, Josh had found himself on another foray into the Fiery Path, looking for sightings of a rare Pokemon that the townsfolk over in Lavaridge had claimed to have seen. He wasn't sure what the validity of the rumour was, but he was certainly curious. And in the place he had begun to know well? He couldn't help but look. So he had mentioned to his wife that he was going off to check out the rumours, and had set off.

With him was a Raichu with a blue bandana around its neck, who gingerly waddled closely alongside his Trainer. But Lightning's ears were perked up, indicating that he had been trained to listen for potential threats...

-Notes-

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2020 17:29:18 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

He'd forgotten how difficult it was to train a puppy; how on earth did do this all the time?

Orion thanks Arceus for his strong lungs and trained physique as he dashes after the Rockruff in the direction of the Fiery Path. Nyx seemed to think of this as some sort of game, tossing her head back over her shoulder to yip at her disgruntled trainer every so often.

"Nyx!"

His call would echo into the cave as the Rockruff vanished inside, her panting magnified by the enclosed space. Orion rolls his eyes and follows after her, finally understanding the reason that the leash had been invented. He didn't enjoy restricting his Pokemon in any matter, but this damned puppy was going to be the death of him!

He catches up to her at last when she nearly barreled into some poor man's Raichu.

"I am... so sorry about her..."

He's a little out of breath from a long run, the air in his lungs thick with the heat.

"I don't know how something so small can have so much energy." He's exasperated, but his expression softens as the Rockruff rushes him and jumps at his leg, pawing at his knees. "Yes, yes, you're very cute, you little troublemaker. Orion, ranger." And councilman now, he supposes, but he's not comfortable tossing the title around. "And this little devil is Nyx."

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 1:27:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD LARVESTA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / swarm[break]
flare blitz / string shot / bug buzz / take down / zen headbutt
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NIDORINO APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / poison point[break]
poison jab / toxic spikes / horn attack / captivate
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 18:14:26 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"Hm?"

Josh would be surprised when a Rockruff would come charging their way, almost barreling into Lightning. He smiled softly as he leaned down to scratch the puppy's chin, while Lightning had panicked and dove out of the way of the puppy Pokemon's charge. Josh chuckled a bit before he saw what he assumed to be the Rockruff's Trainer heading his way.

"It's no problem at all" He promised when the Rockruff's Trainer apologized. "My Houndoom is the same way, to be honest with you. Just does what he wants and barrels into who he wants" He admitted with a small laugh. "Josh Dragomir. And this..." He trailed off as the Raichu would toddle back to them. "Is Lightning."

Lightning's ears perked up though, and Josh straightened a bit as he looked to Lightning, nodding his head as he looked to Orion. "Hold that thought" He spoke politely as he tapped the button on one of his Pokeballs.

"GRAAAAAGH!"

A Typhlosion would appear from the Pokeball just in time to use Swift and intercept a Nidorino's attempt at a Poison Jab.

"Good hearing, Lightning" Josh praised the Raichu with a small smile as he turned to the wild Pokemon. Wild Pokemon seemed to be constantly territorial, he noted, but he supposed it made for good battling practice. "Inferno, Lava Plume!" Josh called to the Typhlosion as they turned around just as the Nidorino would charge them once more. Using the flames on its back, the Typhlosion unleashed a stream of molten rock shaped flames that careened into the Nidorino mid-charge, stunning it. Taking the initiative, Josh would pull out a Pokeball and toss it toward the Pokemon, hoping to catch it while it was still groggy.

-Notes-

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 17:12:18 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion's eyes shine with interest at the mention of Houndoom; it's one of his favourite evolutionary lines.

"My Houndoom is a little more guarded," he admits, "but I think she's just been conditioned that way. She's got weird coloration, so I imagine a lot of overeager trainers harassed her in the past."

'Shiny' Pokemon, he'd learned them to be called.

He nods at the polite request, allowing his own attention to be drawn to a strange larvae in the cave. Having actually remembered to bring his Pokedex along with him for once, thanks to his newfound partnership with Rockruff, Orion pulls it from his pocket and gives the Pokemon a scan.

"Larvesta, the Torch Pokemon," it recites aloud, and Orion frowns. It wasn't emitting any light? "This Pokémon was believed to have been born from the sun. When it evolves, its entire body is engulfed in flames."

"Arceus, that's... intense."

She seems pretty harmless for the moment, shooting string to build herself a little nest in one corner of the cave. He doesn't want to hurt her when she's just minding her own business, but he's admittedly curious. He's always had an affinity for fire types.

He throws a quick ball, hoping to catch her off guard.

To Josh, whose Typlhosion had let out a roar to shake the earth, he says, "Your Inferno's got lungs to rival my Nova. I didn't bring her with me, but she'd be impressed."

catching larvesta!

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2020 3:53:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GARBODOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / stench[break]
sludge / pain split / metal claw / sludge bomb
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD DARUMAKA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / inner focus[break]
flare blitz / work up / fire punch / taunt / flame wheel
[break][break]

[break]
Both of your previous capture attempts are successful!

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2020 21:05:09 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

The ball clicked, and Josh smiled slightly as he picked it up. He would reach over to pat Inferno on the head. "You did great, Inferno. Get some rest" He spoke softly as he returned the Typhlosion to its Pokeball.

Josh couldn't help but be a little curious when he noticed the way that the other Trainer had caught the much more dangerous Larvesta. While it had been harmless at the time, he knew the species could be easy to send into a dangerous rampage. He had gotten used to battling in order to capture Pokemon, trying to just throw it tended to set them off and prompt a battle anyway. But... There was something amenable to the way that Orion had done it. Something that reminded him a lot of why he did this. And he couldn't help but smile, just a little.

"Weird coloration?" He inquired. "I think I've seen Houndoom like that before. Though it's apparently quite rare. I suppose I can see why she'd be a little guarded" He admitted. "Max loves everyone, and is a bit of a jumper. He... Forgets his size, sometimes."

He laughed a little bit at the remarks about Inferno's roar. "He's had plenty of practice" He remarked, an amused tone emitting at that. "My wife's Typhlosion and Inferno, mine, are siblings. So they've had a fair bit of rivalry, and... Like to roar. A lot."

It was there he noticed an interesting Pokemon, a Darumaka, hopping to and fro without a care in the world. It hadn't noticed them yet and while he was tempted... He remembered what Orion had done earlier. Curious as to if it would work, he would grab a Pokeball from his bag and quietly toss it at the Darumaka, hoping to hit it from behind when it wasn't looking.

Catching Darumaka

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 16:46:52 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

"Yeah," Orion confirms. "Her fur's kind of like... a bluish colour? Definitely not the deep browns and blacks I'm used to seeing with Houndoom."

He'd never owned a Houndoom before Calypso, but he'd certainly seen his fair share of the species.

He smiles quietly as they talk about Typhlosion, evidently relaxing into a familiar topic. Small talk was not his strong suit, but Pokemon talk? Sign him up.

As Josh gets distracted by a wild Darumaka, Orion becomes aware of an incredibly foul stench that wafts down the path. The sweltering heat in the air only serves to amplify the odour, and it's not long before he's gagging and holding his shirt over his nose and mouth. It doesn't help.

"Nyx, please..." He gestures in the vague direction of the Garbodor. "Just... chase it off?"

He hates disrupting wild Pokemon in their natural habitat, but he also hates not being able to breathe. This is a well-traveled path for those looking to make their way to Fallarbor, and he has a feeling the Rangers will get a complaint about it later if he doesn't do something now.

Nyx takes eagerly to her new role as a ranger's companion: she rushes the stinking threat, pulling scary faces and barking up a storm until it lumbers off.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:13:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD QWILFISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / poison point[break]
poison jab / fell stinger / toxic / aqua tail
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD AMOONGUSS APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / effect spore[break]
giga drain / synthesis / spore / feint attack
[break][break]

[break]
Josh caught the Darumaka successfully!

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 15:00:55 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

He nodded his head slowly. "I've seen it once before, so I know what shiny Houndoom look like. It's still a bit of a shock though" He admitted when Orion would bring up the coloration of their Houndoom. He was curious just how many of that kind there were out there... What gave them that coloration? It hadn't been something he had put much thought into before recently, but he supposed it was worth looking into at some point. Were they stronger? Or just different coloured?

Either way, he watched as the source of the stench that had begun to reach their senses was quickly chased away by Orion's Pokemon. Josh nodded his head in thanks as he watched Darumaka's Pokeball promptly disappear once it had been caught. It would make a good present for his mother, he thought, for he owned a Darumaka himself already named DK.

"You said you're a Ranger?" He inquired toward the man then, noting how effective he seemed to be at knowing what to do to gently chase Pokemon off. "What's it like?"

A Quilfish flew over his head, unnoticed.

Passing

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 19:45:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

"You have?" Orion sounds surprised; as far as he's aware, such Pokemon are incredibly rare. What were the odds they'd encountered the same one? "Have you encountered any others? I've got my hands on a few, but..."

He trails off as he watches an Amoonguss approach, hand at his hip in case he needs to pull out another companion. Nyx's typing wouldn't hold up well against potential grassy attacks... but it appears that the fungus had no interest in battling the two trainers. It lumbers past without a care for the watchful eye of the ranger, who turns his attention back to Josh.

"Stressful," he says immediately, then laughs. "It's my dream job, really, but it's a lot of work. The Pokemon aren't the problem, really, it's the people that I have the most trouble with." He hopes that doesn't come across as rude, but persists. "I think a lot of people forget that these routes, the wilds, it's the Pokemon's right to be here more than ours. We're wandering through their homes. Couldn't tell you the amount of times people act like they have every right to drive 'em out just because it'll make them late for work, or something."

He sighs, mops sweat from his brow. He really hates the heat in this place.

"Mostly I patrol the routes — which is what Nyx and I were doing before she took off — and take on whatever jobs need doing."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 5:26:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SHINY BRAIXEN APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / magician[break]
fire blast / psyshock / lucky chant / will-o-wisp / magic coat
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GRIMER APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / stench[break]
sludge wave / acid armor / minimize / power-up punch
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 19:48:20 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

"I have a shiny Pokemon of my own, though they're not in Hoenn with me right now"
He admitted. "We only just moved here a little while ago, and getting a large number of Pokemon past customs has proven to be... Difficult. So it'll be a little while" He added. "Maybe I'll show you sometime, if I get the chance once I've cleared that matter up."

He laughed a bit as the Ranger talked about his job and how stressful it could be. A dream job, but a lot of work. Well, didn't that sound familiar? And the people being the bigger stresser...

Oh man, did he know.

"Pokemon and people share this home. But people don't seem to realize that. Or even realize how to treat each other a lot of the time" He spoke up with a small frown. "Lord knows how many people I've dealt with who just can't get along with others."

Though something caught his attention. A glimmer on a purple color, and then...

"Hey, is that...?"

No way.

Before he could speak further on it though, a "Rai... CHUUUUU!" sounded that caused Josh to look back to Lightning, who had zapped a Grimer that it had gotten into a dispute with. Josh let out a sigh and shook his head. "Lightning..." He groaned as he would take out a Pokeball and toss it at the Grimer. "Suppose least I can do is get this one to a center once we're done here."

Lightning just stared up at its Trainer and pouted. Whatever the Grimer had done, it had clearly offended it.

Catching Grimer

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 21:40:27 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]
Having lived in the Hoenn region since birth, and never having traveled beyond its borders, Orion's never had to deal with customs before. The way Josh speaks about it, Orion doesn't ever want to.

Truthfully, he'd thought there was something different about the man's accent, but he'd been unable to place it.

Curious, he asks, "Where are you coming from, if you don't mind my asking?"

A bitter laugh escapes him as they discuss other people; if only Josh knew that Orion could often be the problem. He's socially awkward, not a communicator, tends to clam up when it comes to more personal relationships... he decides to keep all of this to himself, and simply nods in agreement.

The appearance of a Braixen is a welcome distraction, only...

What are the chances?

They'd only just been talking about the rarity of 'shiny' Pokemon, and here one had appeared in the flesh! He spins his branch-wand around in his hand, adopting an aggressive stance against the Rockruff. Orion isn't deterred.

"Hey, bud, we don't mean any harm." He lifts his hands as if to prove it. Nyx is growling, uncertain, and she keeps looking back to Orion for assistance. He whistles her over, scratching behind her ears to help her relax. "I imagine a lot of people give you trouble trying to capture you, but we're not like that." Josh has relocated to deal with a Grimer, but Orion includes him in that we. "I'm not looking for a fight. I'd love to have you as a part of my team, but only if you wanted."

He pulls out a pokeball, and Braixen stiffens, growling low in his throat as the wand glows with fire.

But Orion simply rolls the pokeball across the ground toward the purple fox, then lifts his hands once more.

"This kind of thing should be your choice. But if you do want to come with, I promise I'll protect you from anyone who tries to come after you for the colour of your fur."

befriend/capture on braixen!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2020 0:03:10 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ARIADOS APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / swarm[break]
swords dance / spider web / pin missile / cross poison
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CARKOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / steam engine[break]
flame charge / heat crash / smokescreen / ancient power
[break][break]

[break]
Your previous capture attempts were a success!