orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 20:50:24 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]
Looking out of his office window to glimpse the Lilycove skyline is still jarring. He'd grown up in this city. The bad memories heavily outweighed the good, but he was going to have to get used to spending a majority of his time here once again. One of the many sacrifices he'd need to make for his new position, his mental health chief among them.

He turns his head away from the window when someone knocks at the door.

"Ah, come in?"

He doesn't know the name of the woman who opens it. His anxiety spikes at the thought and he makes a mental note to learn it, canting his head in a silent invite for her to say her piece.

"Mr. Silph to see you, sir."

Orion blinks.

He shouldn't be all that surprised. They're colleagues now, after all, but it still catches him off guard.

"Thank you. I'll see him right away."

She departs without another word, and the next person to arrive is no other than the man himself. Orion's thankfully composed himself by this point, no indicator of his nerves but the sweat that slides down the back of his neck. There are bags under Orion's tired eyes, papers on the desk to suggest the drudgery that Silph has momentarily freed him from.

"Mr. Silph," he greets, defaulting to formality. Should he? "Or do you prefer Fernando? Either way, it's good to meet you in person. I'm sorry I haven't reached out myself, the past few days have been a nightmare of paperwork."

Who'd have thought taking office in the midst of a political crisis would be a nightmare?

lmk if anything's off/needs changed!

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 9:51:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] It had taken time to grow accustomed to Lilycove. His promotion to Council had been expected but the position had been foreign to him despite his ambitions. But a year in office has long acquainted him with how the inner turmoil that dwells within League Headquarters. It feels like home, chaotic and filled with a rotating roster of housemates, but somewhere he's familiar with to the extent of partitioning it to his routine.

Only rivals him in seniority. The other Council members are as fleeting as their elections, many dropping out due to external circumstances with the added stress and demanding nature of the job playing a large factor. He has slight hopes for considering her immense ambitions but her tendency to succumb to a need for grandeur proves misguided and disillusioned. The only value he sees in her tenure is her penchant for being tenacious in the face of all odds but keeps an eye on her regardless.

Orion is the newest addition and the one he knows the least about. The man is an enigma until met in person and Fernando finds his case file on him lacking and too impersonal for his taste. It's only natural to stop by and the minor detour toward Orion's office slithers into his schedule after leaving a reminder for to handle some personal tasks for him when she comes in.

"My. Lykos," Fernando answers with his hand outstretched for a handshake. "Glad to finally meet you. I see the culture shock has already sunk its fangs into you." Fernando smiles at the small jest, eyeing the stack of papers to help associate his comment to its meaning while noting the man's matching bags. Both of them share the same deep shaded cusps underneath their eyes and Fernando garners his own first impressions of the new councilman.

"Either name works. I'm not a big stickler for formality and even if I was, Kim's long ruined that by now. I hope you haven't fallen victim for his council hazing yet have you?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 16:53:26 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]
Fernando offers a hand, and Orion shakes it. He's quietly glad that his palms aren't sweating, lest they betray how anxious he actually is.

"And here I thought promotions meant less paperwork," he jests in return, laughing. He couldn't help but to be reminded of his days as a cadet with the rangers. "I haven't escaped the possibility for carpal tunnel after all."

In spite of warnings from certain friends to take care upon entering the realm of politics, Orion's first impressions of his colleague are warm ones.

"We haven't met," he admits, speaking of Councilman Cole, "but I suppose I've got that to look forward to. I'm not fussed on formalities, either; Orion's fine with me."

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 3:16:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Quite the opposite, in fact." Fernando continues the banter to a point but once their customary laughs are had business continues as usual. Fernando reaches for his wallet from his back pocket and picks out a single business card from it. "I hope your acclimation to your new position goes smoothly. Feel free to reach out or let me know if you need any help transitioning."

Fernando offers his business card, a different one than the one he's given , with his supposed personal number and e-mail.

"We have people in and out office due to the stress and unseen toils the position puts on a person but I hope you fit in well. It'll be nice to have someone else who seems... normal."

It's more of a demerit to the other council members than a compliment considering how little Fernando knows about Orion but it comes out well-intentioned. Better to butter him up now and win his trust before the others have a chance to pollute his impression.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 16:53:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]
Orion accepts the offered business card with a grateful look, giving it a customary glance before tucking it safely into his shirt pocket.

"Thank you," he says, sincere. "It's certainly been a jarring shift, but I'm weathering the storm as best I can."

The thought of such a high turnover rate is daunting, but Orion's never known himself to be a quitter. He'd stuck it out with the rangers in spite of an ever-growing mountain of stress and anxiety: he'd make it through this. (Or so he tells himself, constantly.)

"I'm glad I seem normal," he laughs. "That's kind of what I'm going for. Average, approachable. I know a lot of people find the Council intimidating."

He certainly had; Fernando helps to rectify that with how normal he seems in return. Warnings from friends linger in the depths of Orion's thoughts, but they are paid no heed for the present.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 7:52:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oh, really now?"

There's a hook to that statement that baits Fernando into inquiring further. He has his own perception of the council and their reputation but he's curious as to what image they have in the face of a newcomer and other outsiders. "I can understand myself, supposedly, but Kim and Olivia? I can't imagine either being intimidating much less us as a collective."

Thoughts go back to the Winter Ball and Fernando realizes his whole attire had been for naught. But there are minor victories here as well. The less people remember of that the better. He still has some pictures of the Elite Four and their own onset of holiday costumes.

"Why do you think we come off like that?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 0:42:36 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Much as Fernando seemed friendly enough, and Orion's impressions of him were positive ones, he's careful with his choice of words.

"People are intimidated by power." He lifts his shoulders in a shrug. "I can provide only my own justifications: knowing someone holds power over you, it makes you more cautious around them by default."

He thinks back to the thrill of fear that had gripped him when he'd joined Laurence in the Seafloor Cavern only to discover that the man knew about his shady little secret. He considered Lars a friend, but he'd certainly felt overwhelmed by the knowledge that his boss had found him out.

"This business with the commissioner isn't helping," he says, with a concerned grimace. It was all over the news: Dahlia Goode, murderer. He doesn't know what to think of it, himself, but he's certainly heard plenty of opinions from other people. "I don't think I need to tell you what scandal does to damage public trust."

Fernando's been in this game far longer than Orion has, after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 1:52:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando can't help but laugh at Orion's answer if only because the notion that Kim or Olivia as powerful seems so contradictory to their personalities. He can understand the point of view that outsiders may have but having the inside knowledge of how they work as individuals makes the judgement absolutely absurd. , the clown, scary? Fernando genuinely finds the idea hilarious and consciously tempers his laughter into something mild and acceptable.

He has his own opinion on a scary and smiles inwardly.

If only the public knew. But that's part of his job and his role as their check and balance, one that he hopes Orion will help maintain and draw power back toward something more mundane.

"Understandable. Hopefully, after a few weeks with either of them you'll understand how unfounded that fear truly is. They're both harmless with their own little quirks."

The mention of turns Fernando's mood sour and rightfully so. He frowns at the mention and nods his head lowly, sighing at the inevitable truth. "The whole ordeal with Commissioner Goode has been nothing but unfortunate but thankfully what she's done is relatively unrelated to what we do and have done. But I suppose if I wasn't tangled up in all this I wouldn't be too aware of how the government works either."

Fernando clicks his tongue out of habit and returns to his previous smile. "Well then, Mr. Lykos, I'm glad you've decided to devote yourself to the region despite these trying times and bad publicity."

Fernando's half joking and he doesn't joke often.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 19:13:58 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion won't admit it, but it's a relief to be told that the Council are anything but the image he's built up in his head, no thanks to the words of mistrusting friends. Fernando seems pleasant, normal, and if he says that Kim and Olivia are not to be feared, then... well, it makes settling in that much easier for their newest member.

He looks forward to meeting them and finding out for himself. He's not sure if he'll ever get the chance to meet the commissioner.

He manages a laugh at the joke; it's always easier to find humour in tragedy, however dry. "Ah, if there's anything I do best, it's making horrible decisions for my mental health."

But if there's one thing for sure, it's that his care for the Hoenn region is genuine and fierce. This is his home.

project normalize is a-go

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
facade [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 9:17:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You and me both, I suppose. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to run a company than the government. The difference between making bad decisions only effecting yourself versus the whole region is a responsibility I underestimated but here we are."

Fernando's intentions are anything but righteous, muddled with his own selfish agenda, but the end results puts him in perfect alignment with Orion. They share the same goals and while one is crafted on false pretenses, their demeanor, at the surface, reflect what Hoenn needs among their many quirky characters — grounded individuals that interact well among the shifting personalities that fill the region they call home.

"Well, I suppose I've taken up enough of your time unless you had any questions?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
facade [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 20:43:30 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]
Orion tilts his head thoughtfully. The idea of running a company seems daunting to him, but Fernando makes a good point. It didn't really compare to the gravity of making decisions for the whole of Hoenn, did it?

He laughs softly.

"To making good decisions, then."

His head is swimming with questions, none of which he feels comfortable asking. He's already out of his element in this position and showing his inept hand would only make him feel at a further disadvantage.

So he shakes his head, smiles.

"No questions. Thank you for your time, Fernando."

lucky letter hype!