Life's Adrift [DW]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2020 23:35:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

”Are we… going back any time soon?”

Bo patted the large, old, Drampa on his neck. She hadn’t intended for them to fly this far out but the dragon pokemon proved to have a mind of his own. Now, stranded on a spot of land at the will of the resting drampa, she took a moment to think about it.

Quite a few of the pokemon she’d picked up recently didn’t really like listening to her. She wondered if she was doing something wrong? She wasn’t exactly a pokemon trainer. She knew the livestock pokemon and other pokemon who had been brought to the farm to help work the land. But she was aware that her gang had extended beyond what she was used to.

The dragon-type huffed and shifted his weight away from her but she continued to pat his neck distractedly. Maybe it was because she wasn’t meeting them on the best terms? She had chucked a pokeball at Barnelby’s face within seconds of meeting him -- not to mention he was angry when they had met. Oblivious to the Drampa’s irritation, she scratched her chin with her free hand and continued thinking over every reason her pokemon might not be happy with her.

>>Bo is contemplating life on a little island
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 6:03:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

On an island. There was a person supposedly stranded on a tiny island with a dragon-type. Whether the dragon was injured or not, that was uncertain, and Kaida was dispatched to make an attempt to involve herself in the situation. A wellness check, if you will.

Dropped off by a reliable Pokemon with Surf, strong enough to carry two people if needed, Kaida found herself on the tiny island, feeling more than a little trapped. Get in, get out, thus place was terrible.

"Um, are you fine?" They should really send a more social Ranger for this, "Is it injured...the Pokemon? This place isn't valuable." Her flat voice carried over well enough, and she held herself with a dull curiosity.

>>Kaida arrives on the island and asks if Bo is alright, or her Pokemon.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 0:00:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLOWPOKE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"] zen headbutt
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] slack off
[attr="class","wildtabox"] water gun
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] psychic
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RHYHORN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ROCK BLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STOMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MEGAHORN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TAKE DOWN

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 1:21:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Bo had completely missed the stranger's approach -- too lost in her own thoughts. She had to figure out a way to connect with all these new pokemon. She wasn't a "pokemon trainer" -- and really she wasn't trying to be -- but she'd dealt with stubborn pokemon of the farm. Getting through to her new friends couldn't be much different than that.

Despite the stranger's attempts to speak to her, it wasn't until Barnelby suddenly shifted from underneath her. The dragon lifted his head to peer at the girl, sending Bo off tumbling onto her side with a startled yell.

"Dangit." Bo grumbled and rubbed her her elbow -- which had dug into the rocky dirt when she landed. "What's going on?" She twisted and turned, trying to get a better view of her Drampa. The dragon-type didn't pay her much attention -- his eyes narrowing at the new girl as rose to his feet. "Hey!" She fussed, still unaware of what he was looking at with such intent.

She discovered, as she scrambled to her feet, that they apparently had company and Barnelby looked like an Arbok waiting to strike. "Hey, Calm down. They ain't nothing to be scared of, Barnie." She nudged the pokemon hoping to get his attention. He, on the other hand, lurched forward faster than Bo could even react.

Assuming the worst, she reached for his pokeball, hoping to recall the pokemon before he got to the girl, but the dragon was fast. He made it half way to the ranger, lifted up into the air, and sped right past her -- enveloping the wild rhyhorn that had been trailing behind the her with twister as he lowered back down to the ground.

Bo rushed to the girl. "Oh lord, I'm sorry about him. Are you a'right??" Her eyes jumped from the stranger to Barnelby and the whirling rhyhorn. Poor thing. She wasn't even sure it had any ill-intent and here they were throttling it. She dug around for a free pokeball and tossed it at the rock-type pokemon. All her other captures had been wild like this lately. What was the harm in one more?

>>Attempt to catch Rhyhorn
>>
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 5:15:33 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

On her shoulder, Nid let out a series of squeaks towards the dragon, even as Kaida leaned back from the sheer tension in the air. She saw the dragon springing forward completely predictable, and shielded her face as it screamed past...though the fact it was attacking something else was unprecedented.

"...Not even to eat? Destructive beast." Kaida commented numbly, turning to who she presumed was the dragon's trainer, "If it flies, why were you here so long with him...look, he hurt an innocent." Kaida growled a little, kneeling next to a Slowpoke that lay unconscious in the aftermath of the Twister. Injured enough, she'd have to bring the thing to be healed. Thus, she took out a Pokeball and tapped it on the back.

As she tended to a victim, Nid slithered towards the Drampa, letting out a cautious greeting.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 3:51:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHUCKLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"] WITHDRAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK SLIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BUG BITE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LAPRAS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"] BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE SHARD

[BREAK]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 5:20:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Oh, heh, he's got a mind of his own. I'm sorry he managed to catch up so many pokemon in his... ehhm Bo scatched the back of her head as she thought of a good word, "warpath?" She gave the ranger an apologetic look. "Honestly, he's not the type that's gunna do anything he doesn't want to do. I've just been out here playing a waiting game with him."

Barnelby, no longer able to entertain himself with the Rhyhorn, quirked his head at the dratini that squeeked a greeting. The dragon-type shifted his focus to the little dragon. He returned the greeting with a short call of his own and lowered his face closer to the ground so that he was eye-level with his new friend.

"Oh woa!" Bo sprang back to the rocky ledge she had been sitting at and stared wide-eyed at the Lapras who moseyed by. She whistled softly, hoping to catch it's attention, and fished a pokesnack from her pocket. She lifted the pokesnack and waved it towards the Lapras. This was much more her preferred method of finding friends. Food was always a good way to bond.

"I think you brought all the pokemon with you! I haven't seen anything out here until you showed up!" She called over her shoulder.

>>Attempt to lure in and befriend/catch Lapras
>>

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 19:49:49 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida scratched her head, still looking upon the dragon as Nid's eyes wrinkled in the Dratini's way to smile. She barely noticed Bo making any attempt to catch another Pokemon, and a Lapras at that. The dragon seemed friendly enough and was gentle with a little one like Nid..."I bring Pokemon everywhere." She remembered to answer, "Most see I have no want to catch them, so they follow most of the time." She explained quickly, before pointing at the Drampa.

"How did you catch him?" She suddenly piped up, cautiously approaching him, "I know dragons have a hard time respecting trainers...never had a problem with Nid, but we grew up together. If he's new, he might still be mad about that, or you did something to make him lose that respect."

Passing on a capture.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 2:23:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DEWPIDER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INFESTATION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LUNGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR COAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GIGALITH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ROCK SLIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STONE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] STEALTH ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SMACK DOWN

[BREAK]
BO BEFRIENDED THE LAPRAS!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 20:06:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

To her excitement, the lapras took interest in her snack and drifted over to enjoy the pieces of pokesnack that Bo offered on her palm. The pair huddled together with Bo continuing to break off pieces for the Lapras until a small, dewpider skated over. It poked curiously at Bo’s pant leg. She gave the pokemon a soft smile and offered it some of the pokesnack as well.

”Well, he was.. eh,” She spoke over her shoulder as she continued bouncing between each pokemon with bits of pokesnack. ”He was part of an angry bunch of drampa that came through a city.” She took a brief moment to pat Lapras's snout before offering it a pokeball. ”He came after an older guy I was talking to. I ended up accidentally chucking an empty pokeball at him.” She gave a triumphant nod as the Lapras touched his nose to the pokeball and it sealed with a soft click.

Barnelby returned the dratini’s smile with his own apple-cheeked smile. Curiously, he extended a feathery arm and tickled the little dragon.

Meanwhile, Bo squatted down to the dewpider and offered it the last of the pokesnack. ”Hey, bud, what’re you doing out in the ocean? I can’t imagine it’s easy out here with all these waves.” After a few gentle pats, she extended her hands, offering to hold the dewpider. If he accepted, she’d turn back to the ranger with a toothy smile and the new friend cradled in her hands. ”They have a hard time respecting trainers?" Well, that would make sense.

>>Attempt to befriend/catch Dewpider
>>
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Life's Adrift [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 17:19:25 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida watched the interacting two dragons with a smile. Well, it seemed this Drampa was a kind soul, all things considered. Still, she kept an ear on the conversation, and suddenly frowned. "Oh...I believe that explains it." Most dragons and reptilian Pokemon were her forte, and Drampa in particular had clear motives for doing what they did. "He must have been protecting a little one...er, child." It seemed too obvious, the way it tickled Nid, who squealed in delight. Very much a picture of a Drampa. [break][break]

Feeling safe enough in the dragon's presence, Kaida continued to speak, "I heard they are difficult Pokemon already, he must think you have no heart." She held back a chuckle at the concept, "They're like parents, these ones, he must be so disappointed."

Passing on a capture.