part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 6:58:53 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Isra watches the clips in the lobby.

They play over and over again on the screen she focuses in on the same way they always do when something like this happens. The newscaster speaking over the sounds on the clip is only half heard as her eyes track the movements of the creature and familiar faces on the screen. It holds more weight this time than the last, when the clips had felt like nothing more than another excuse for the region to be losing control. Now Isra understood it better, having experienced it under the guise of her pokemon's illusion but even then she can't quite drum up an emotional response to it.

All she finds is curiosity this time. For the first time in awhile she's almost excited to go to work, not that it shows on her face. The same steady click of her heels sounds down the hallway and enters the office like they always do. If she should be in a tizzy because the world is falling apart a little bit more than before, she isn't. Just like always, Isra is against the grain of the buzz in the after effects of the newest attack.

"You could have called me in sooner Fernando." she states as she enters the room, looking for the presence she expects to find lurking behind one of the desks as always.

It does't surprise her that she wasn't of course, she's just the assistant after all. The support staff, to make it easier for the stars to shine.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #8e4e5d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 11:19:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "No time."

Fernando doesn't even so much as spare her a glance. His eyes remain fixated on his screen and his attention is honed in on his current task, navigating between various windows while trying desperately to keep his mind slightly ahead of his typing. "I assume you're up to date on what's happened?" His eyes narrow and he pinches the bridge of his nose. Something's obviously wrong and he breaks away from it, sighing at whatever the results may have been. In a fit of muted rage, only now does he find the time to look up to read Isra's expression.

He's not sure what he expects. Something tells him that this means little to the quirky, strange woman that's become both tangled in his work-life as well as his occasional bedside. Either way, he doesn't have time for it, much less entertaining whatever tomfoolery that's bound to follow.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 21:47:33 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Ah, of course, the type of answer she expected. Perhaps in the past Isra would have challenged such a notion but with each passing day she finds herself growing tired of these lifeless walls she is cooped up in every night. If it were not such a perfect perch within the league she may have long since vacated the desk that is almost like a second (and unwanted) home.

She makes her way to it regardless, sitting in the same smooth and graceful fashion she always does.

"I get the idea but feel free to brief me on it nonetheless." it would be best he did anyway, in case she's missing any pieces of the puzzle that she had not seen from her unknown vantage point. Though this event carries more weight than the last she takes great care in ensuring it does not show. Experience is a valuable thing but none here need to know how far such a commodity reaches for her. No, everything in her mannerisms, her demeanor, how she nonchalantly arranges herself in her seat for the night ahead says exactly what Fernando is likely expecting of her.

More paperwork, more things to do, at least she should not grow bored tonight.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 9:09:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Don't believe anything that isn't in a League report. The media is right about some of it but there's plenty of falsities." Fernando doesn't have the chance to dabble into everything and much rather refer her to read the incoming reports than explain it himself. If only he had known she was there. Would've made things simple but the inevitable questions that would've follow spell a disaster.

"Everyone involved is stupidity incarnate. They make you and look like scholars of our time in comparison." The addition of Kim Cole to that analogy points toward what Fernando's implying. It isn't an compliment — well technically it is but does a backhanded one count?

Fernando notices nothing unusual about Isra and her cover is maintained. Even without the distractions, catching her would've been neigh impossible without her leaving at least some sort of clue. Add in the distractions of a bustling councilman and her veil is stronger than the steel of 's Solgaleo.

"When you have a chance, I need you to contact Silph Co. for me. I want an ecology report on Sootopolis as soon as possible. Old data is fine but I need it for the time frame of the last Aqua Festival til now. Let them know I want water samples and a quality check of the drinking water there."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 10:01:54 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Cacnea." frankly, by now, she doesn't need to say the whole phrase for him to understand what she means. It's been almost like a running joke (even if only on her part) for far too long. He should expect no less making a remark like that, in part because coming from him Isra can't tell if it's a good or a bad thing. She errs on the side of pessimism and decides he was being an ass.

Isra pauses, eyes moving to the papers on her desk. She flits through them for a moment, assuming that they will likely contain the information to fill in the gaps.

"So it was an utter disaster then?" she can only assume that is why he wants her believing the reports only. She's not stupid enough to actually do so. She doesn't trust the paperwork to not spin a tale of its own anyway. Isn't that how such things always worked? Even if it contained certain truths to a degree nothing of the sort what ever really trustworthy.

The world was built on lies.

She raises a brow at his request, not the first odd one and doubtfully the last but it catches her attention more than the over night raid on one of their cities nonetheless. "Water samples?" of all things, it seems to out of place and she can't help but prod him about it. "Why water samples from that long ago?"

Isra turns away from her papers for the moment, eyes on him with furrowed brows. The likelihood of getting an actual answer is dependent on the reasoning and how up for talking about something other than the league's utter failure the man is. She asks anyway, because frankly it's far more intriguing right now.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 8:11:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando ignores her code word outright. He's not in the mood for games and lacks the patience to entertain her. "The Pokemon—" he'll refer to it as such based off the rumor that it was captured. By who? No idea. But the sight of it being sucked into a Pokeball goes without question. Witness reports stated it and he has no reason to not believe it despite not witnessing it himself. "—proved to be less of an issue this time. It helped that both of them were in the same area and we had more personnel. The issue is what happened afterwards."

Her questions are warranted but unappreciated. Less talking and more working. He's never been that pushy for having Isra actually work in the moment so long as she finished what was needed but this time is an exception. They're in a race against time and their window is closing. Still, Fernando bites his tongue on his desires and makes no mention of it, only because pushing her now would probably do more harm than good.

"I need to verify a few things. I have a bad feeling that Sootopolis may be the epicenter of something big."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 8:18:10 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"And that would be?" she leads him into saying it out loud. She already knows what happened of course but that's besides the point. By now Fernando knows to expect the question, things left half said always annoy her and she pries and prods until he completes the thought. It's just about as fast ans trying to infer it from the papers in front of her too.

Just like how he doesn't really answer her questions about the water samples and it leaves her in a state of mild annoyance. Rushing against the clock is not something she believes in, makes it too easy and likely to leave holes but she's also rarely if ever found herself worried about the matters of time. It means little to someone who does as they please.

"So no time to brief me but time to spare asking about water quality in sootopolis?" she'll do it of course, but she won't leave it alone. Not until she has an explanation for what seems like an otherwise senseless inquiry when they supposedly have something much more pressing at hand.

Which the league does,but it always has something doesn't it?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 8:48:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Smooth brains and fragile egos."

Slateport was a shit show. There's no denying it. But Fernando does not have the time to rant nor the energy to rave about how genuinely fucked up every participant had to be to allow it to escalate to such a boiling point. Isra can prod but until she does he keeps his answer minimalistic.

"Finish reading the reports and then ask me any questions." The implication is that she's asking a question that she already has the answer to. It's not true but until she finishes them, there's no way of knowing and Fernando hedges his bet on her accomplishing at least some of her tasks before then. "I just need you to contact them and tell them what I need. They can handle the rest."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 10:11:29 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"It's more fun if you talk about it let's be honest Fernando, you probably need to do something other than whatever you were doing when I got in here for 2 minutes." he's not going to listen of course, but they are both unnecessarily stubborn about things. Isra will insist and he will retort with what he expects of her until one of them relents in the most vague and indirect sort of ways possible. Sometimes she wonders why she bothers talking to him rather than just doing her work and being done with the day. Then again the couple of times she's tried that were probably so unbearably dull that following the same tit for tat as always with him was far more appealing.

To a degree she does, skimming over the reports in her hands in a well practiced quiet. It does not, however, take her long to realize that this is far more of a disaster than she had initially realized.

Inwardly she grins, outwardly she raises her brows in mock surprise and just how things had gone down by the end of it.

"I have to finish reading these don't I?" the tone of her voice makes it obvious she suspects they only get worse the more she'll go through and there's a part of her dreading the dull drowning of paper work that is bound to go with it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 7:57:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Talking about it takes too long. There's too much." Fernando keeps his sentences short and cut off. It gets the message across with the least amount of time spent and he pauses to complete the sentence on his keyboard. Only after the resounding click of his enter button being mashed by his pinky does he start up again. "Cut in where you're confused and I can fill in."

Another pause to finish typing something up and he gives her a moment of his attention while he waits for his search to provide something of value. The sound of his mouse wheel scrolling as he sifts through various results places the perfect backdrop for their conversation. "Ideally, yes. Everything happened so fast so you'll need everyone's point of view to get the full picture. I didn't even understand everything that was going on."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 7:18:58 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I'm not confused Fernando." she comments idly, scanning the pages as they talk, skimming for the keywords that matter so she gets the general idea before delving deeper. Taking the time to read things in full where she feels the need to. There's was in deed a lot going on. Well beyond the ultra beasts, the damage to the night market, the entire event had been a mess. "This all just seems very.... messy."

Isra pauses over the report detailing a part of the incident that occurred after the the beast had been fought, taking the time to read it in full. She pulls a sticky note pad out from the top drawer of the desk, leaving herself a small scrawled note with a pent hat she quickly folds and tucks into her bag. Not terribly unusual, she often leaves notes to get the days newspaper and compare what the two differing accounts of an incident say. More for awareness than anything else.

The taps against the desk, a familiar rhythm. "Do we have an update on the condition of the commissioner?" she asks, flipping backwards through the papers to another one, rereading a paragraph as if something catches her eye the second time around.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 9:36:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "It is."

Fernando winces at his search results. Sifting through it proves less than stellar but at least he has some semblance of where he's going. "It was." A pause allows him to correct his statement and gather his thoughts. He can already feel the new reel starting to pool online. Thankfully, that's the least of their problems.

"I have no idea and frankly I care little about her. She'll turn up sooner or later and if she doesn't — well, that saves us a televised trial and sentencing." Fernando doesn't believe the murder by any means but considering how she fled, he can only imagine the repercussions of avoiding due process. However, considering that Dahlia is neither an Ultra Beast or an Avatar, she ranks quite low on his priorities.

"More importantly, I have to go hunting for a Pokemon that can poof in and out of wormholes."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 22:32:09 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra mulls over the situation, tumbling the information around in her head. He worries little about the figure head at the top but Isra sees the importance of her position regardless of the scandal swirling around her. Each playing piece has it's own perks and draw back and having them all perfectly placed in her head gives her a better frame of reference.

"To find our now missing elite 4 member before the region falls apart?" it won't really. They all know they'll just appoint another in his place before long and move on. That's how these things work. She's not worried about the position nearly as much as the other elements in play. Then again, there's a few too many that have managed to go astray over night, isn't there?

Isra looks over at him for a moment, head tilting to the side in curiosity. "That sounds like too much of a suicide mission for your tastes." especially after this last disaster, who knows how many more f them might be on the other side of a worm whole or two.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 1:18:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "No. may be the cornerstone of the Elite Four but the region will stand with or without him." Fernando smiles but it lacks the sharp punctuation that comes with a snide comment. The region faces a new threat but even that is an improvement over the state of Hoenn last year. No longer are their enemies the shadows that lurk among them. No, these Ultra Beast come without regard for others and stand in the spotlight. Their cause is unified and for that, Fernando is thankful.

That is their only merit and the only factor that allows him to swallow the hatred for his mortal enemy.

"...?"

Fernando blinks, staring at Isra with a clear expression of confusion until he understands her assumption. "No, not those Ultra Beast. The other one — I have a Gym Leader to find."

Fernando finds it impossible to prevent his smile from curling into a smirk.

"His Legendary Pokemon may be unpredictable but — no, people are predictable."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
1 day late
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 1:47:33 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

It's the answer she expects. Something the two of them are actually on the same page on. Whatever sentiments might be attached to the matter of the missing E4 member are vague at best and left to the public to make a mess of. There are bigger things to deal with than something that may not even be possible to fix.

His look of confusion is met with a blank expression as she waits for him to get it. Hopefully, maybe. Communication has always seemed to be something they can't quite understand about each other. At least she doesn't have to try and explain herself this time.

There's a tilt to her head and a quirk of her brow when he grins. Whatever his plan is it's something more curious than the papers on her desk. "The one that... denounced the league was it?" she combs back over the reports again, looking for the piece on what had happened with Balder at the scene of the disaster.

"What is it you want with him then?" whatever it is he's up to, he's at least in a good mood about it.