2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
mauna loa [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 2:41:19 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait maintained her distance from the freshly emerged camerupt - because, unlike stormy, she held no natural resistances nor affinity toward flame or molten rock. and there was aught amiss when it came to this creature, who had yet to transition back to her natural form. it didn't help that her temperament was poor, her unpredictable nature resulting in cait keeping her contained more often than naught. 

"
there's something wrong with her," cait said, her scowl deepening.

she had requested stormy's aid, contacting her frequently and requesting advice that related to all her fire-types. cait even temporarily surrendered her pokemon to be kept within stormy's capable hands; her steel-types, ground-types and fire-types favoring lavaridge's climate.

"
she's not - this isn't natural, is it? she's been in this form since i originally caught her."

the mega camerupt raised her head, appearing to take stock of her surroundings before peering at the pair of women. they were all a good distance away from the town; roughly a mile due to cait being overly cautious of the pokemon's power.

"
she's not exactly friendly either."  

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
mauna loa [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 19:02:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy stands alongside Cait, her arms tangled in front of her - a perfect representation of the tangled thoughts she currently finds herself immersed in. Her friend had called her out of town with a particular problem and had asked for her help. Of course she had jumped at the opportunity, she would do anything for the woman.[break][break]

But this, what she had brought, was unexpected. Cait had come to her many times in the past regarding other questions or complications with her fire-type Pokemon. In fact, it was more than likely Stormy still had several of Cait's more rowdy youngsters running around the gym.[break][break]

What stands before the two women, nearly dwarfing them in size even from a near mile away, was the woman's mega-evolved Camerupt. Stormy watches with narrowed eyes as the beast lifts her head to watch them. The volcano on her back seems, for the moment, dormant. It's a relief, but barely.[break][break]

"I'm not sure there's anything wrong with her, per se. She seems healthy and in no pain or discomfort. She just seems.. unstable, or on edge. This isn't natural, for sure."[break][break]

Stormy taps the pendant that hangs around her neck quietly, thinking out loud to herself.[break][break]

"I did find a stone that enhances Wadjet's abilities. I've discovered that, with this stone and the one she wears, she can evolve past her prime. She has the ability to become stronger.. but only for a limited amount of time. It is taxing on her to maintain that enhanced form. Surely this is the same, but how? How is she able to maintain it without the help of a trainer?"[break][break]

She furrows her brow and glances back at Cait expectantly.[break][break]

"Where did you find her?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
mauna loa [ private ]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 18:27:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
there was an expedition into some ruins roughly west from here. she was alone - and like this."

the camerupt was aggressive when her group had crossed paths with her, the terrible heat she emanated and the bubbling magma the beast produced still serving as a fresh memory.

"i'm afraid she'll harm the other pokemon in my gym. i also fear for her in general," she admitted. "i don't want her to be considered a risk. and pokemon boasting that label are typically confined to a capsule or... euthanized."

cait wasn't fond of the method that was practiced occasionally. but the laws dictating the treatment of pokemon were rigid in that regard - and she'd much rather avoid an incident. 

"is there anyway i could have you keep her for a spell? i'm at an absolute loss on how to handle camerupt - even ordinary ones. i - i know it's a huge favor to ask. especially since i already send so many of my fire-types and steel-types your way."