orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 1:42:59 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

"You OK, bud?"

Orion stands on the deck of the boat, one hand resting light on his Swampert's purple flank. Apart from a shift in his colouration, the swamp fish seemed to have made a full recovery from the New Years Incident... but he couldn't help but feel concern for his partner. Pokemon had died during the assault. His Swampert could have been one of them.

Schism lets out a low grumble, seemingly annoyed at Orion's mothering. It prompts a soft smile.

Orion palms his Lanturn's pokeball, prepared to send it out as soon as they've dove deep enough to need the extra light. Outfitted in diving gear, he glances over at Stormy when the boat comes to a rough stop among the tossing waves. They've got no idea what they might find down there. She doesn't seem pleased, and he cants his head.

"You need a minute?"

The words are soft, edged with kindness. He doesn't know her well enough to pry into the reasoning for her sour attitude, but he's familiar enough to care about her well-being.

hope this works! figured her sour mood would be evident, but can always edit if not!

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 15:59:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Stormy regards Orion's Swampert with a mildly disinterested stare. She's distracted and her mind is on other things. She's merely reacting and responding to noises and conversation attempts.[break][break]

But she does vaguely recall seeing Orion's Swampert during the Slateport tragedy, and back then, he had been blue. Now, his skin is stained pink, as if he had undergone some sort of traumatic change as a result of his injuries. It breaks her heart a little bit.[break][break]

Everything sounds a little bit hollow or tinny inside of the bubble helmet she wears. So when Orion glances in her direction and asks her a question, she swings her head around clumsily to meet his gaze.[break][break]

Except, she's glaring daggers at how absolutely ridiculous she looks and feels and how much she despised diving.[break][break]

But it could easily be mistaken for crossness with the councilman, which she exasperatedly tries to rectify.[break][break]

"I'm fine, don't worry about me."[break][break]

She waves him off with some aggression before turning away and to the water and the boat that now sits clumsily at the dock. It bumps precariously against the wooden planks as it comes to a halt. She can feel bile creep up the back of her throat.[break][break]

"Fuck me."[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 12:34:05 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion can't help but to wince under her withering gaze; had he done something to upset her? His mind races to calculate potential outcomes of their past interactions: she hadn't seemed upset with him during the raid, focused more on the argument he'd missed, but perhaps that had been the problem? Had she expected him to do more? That was ridiculous, they hardly knew each other.

His stomach crawls into his throat, but he swallows it down before formulating a response.

She's turned away from him, now, won't see him opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water as he tries to work up the courage to try again. He can fake competence and confidence in the public eye, but privately his insecurities are palpable.

Her curse catches him off-guard. He closes his mouth again, and this time does not reopen it until he's fully processed the situation.

It feels less targeted at him, now, which only leaves him more confused.

"Making it kind of hard not to worry," he points out, his laughter weak and echoing through the helmet. In spite of the jest, his nerves are like live wires: they spark with every word.

hope this works! figured her sour mood would be evident, but can always edit if not!

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 14:52:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

She isn't upset with Orion, not even slightly. Not that he could easily perceive that, of course. Stormy was quite the prickly pear some days and it was obvious that her inner turmoil was being misread as aggression towards her partner.[break][break]

The woman continues to stand on the dock, a feeling of nausea overcoming her and turning her skin chalky and pale. Water had never been a favourite of hers, and she'd never really enjoyed learning how to swim. This whole ordeal was traumatizing for her.[break][break]

Thank you, CeCe, for always pretending to drown her whenever you took your baby sister swimming. You rock.[break][break]

Orion speaks again and it drags her out of her less than favorable thoughts. Stormy glances over at him and takes a deep breath, still rattled.[break][break]

"Let's just get going. The boat's here."[break][break]

And with that, she boards the board and reaches for something to hang onto while it sloshes back and forth under her weight.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 17:33:22 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

It's not until he notes the pallor of her skin, the way she seems to steel herself before stepping onto the boat, that something clicks for Orion: she's scared of something. It's a foreign concept to apply to someone so outwardly bold, but the signs were there. What was she afraid of? The water? The depth? Failure to complete their mission?

He doesn't feel he knows her well enough to ask. Even if he had, it seems clear enough that she doesn't want to talk about it. That's all right. He fears things, too. It's normal. Humanizing. If anything, it endears him to her.

"Okay," he agrees, and follows.

The boat takes them out a fair ways, until they can't see land any more and it's all bright skies above and dark waters churning below. They're told that this was the last known location of the Luvdisc colony, and thus it seems a reasonable place to start.

Orion double-checks his oxygen and nods to himself, then to Stormy, before lowering himself via ladder into the waters. They're chilly in comparison to the Hoennian heat, but his diving gear protects him from the worst of it. Schism leaps over the side of the boat with a fair amount of grace for such a lumbering creature, his impact raising the sea about Orion's neck.

As he waits for Stormy's own descent, Orion releases Nephelai into the deep, her light a comforting beacon beneath the waves.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 15:08:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

One more shallow breath encourages her to step forward and grab hold of a rail. She stares over the edge and into the churning, dark waves and she feels her stomach recoil. But she steels herself and holds herself back from the dry-heave that threatens to toss her over.[break][break]

She had to do this.[break][break]

For the entire journey, Stormy remains silent and moody while they reach their destination. The driver informs them that this is the last known location of the Luvdisc colony and Stormy glances back into the water. Nothing stirs beneath them except the rudder of the boat.[break][break]

Orion nods to her and Stormy nods back after affixing her diving gear and ensuring she's prepared. Of course, she hesitates after he jumps into the water. Her feet grace the edge as dizziness consumes her for a moment. But she finds herself reaching for her pokeball containing Kingdra, and the Pokemon whinnies to her encouragingly.[break][break]

And then she jumps, and the Pokemon catches her and she latches on for dear life. Orion's Lanturn is, thankfully, a comforting beacon in the dark.[break][break]

"You take the lead."[break][break]

Stormy finally speaks.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 7:21:04 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Orion's body temperature begins to acclimate to the water as he waits for Stormy to follow him into its depths. He admires the Kingdra she sends out, clutching onto his Swampert as soon as the bulky mud-fish swims back up to the surface. Grips on his gloves allow him to better find purchase on the slick hide of his aquatic companion. This is not the first time they've done a dive like this.

Perhaps that's why, when Stormy asks him to lead, Orion does not hesitate.

"Take us down, pal. Follow Neph."

Sunlight's comforting embrace is quick to leave them as they venture into the depths. Luvdisc were known to roam warm, shallow waters: that they could not be found in their usual habitat was a clear indicator that something had gone awry.

Swimming close to Nephalai's light, watching the shadow of a Sharpedo pass below, Orion pirouettes in the water to face his diving companion.

"There's a cave over there. Should we check it out?"

She'd told him to lead, and normally he wouldn't have asked, but... she'd seemed unnerved, earlier, and his concern is for her comfort.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 1:31:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Kingdra follows Orion's lead easily, waiting and often looking back to make sure Stormy is acclimating alright. In fact, it almost seems like steam leaks from her suit as the warmth leaves her body and she begins to rapidly cool down. [break][break]

Panic begins to set in and turn her face pale when they reach the mouth of a cave. She's taken note of the Sharpedo that swim beneath her, stirring up the water and forcing Kingdra to readjust and pause, waiting for the current to smooth out so they can continue swimming.[break][break]

Orion speaks up about the cave and Stormy's words are lost as her heartrate increases rapidly. The sunlight has long since disappeared above them and all she can see is the blue of her Kingdra's scales and the occasional glimpse of what lies beyond Orion's shoulders thanks to his Lanturn.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:17:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
dragalge

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - adaptability[break]
sludge bomb / hydro pump / dragon pulse / toxic / smokescreen / venom drench

THERE IS NO SUNLIGHT. and what little light penetrates this depth is suffocated by a sudden cloud of black ink (SMOKESCREEN). a dragalge lurks within the cave. it waits for prey on its perch of poison- and is ready to lash out to seize a meal.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 17:35:32 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Orion, too, makes frequent glances over his shoulder to check on Stormy's progress. It's hard to tell between the helmet and the dimly-let depths of the ocean the further they swim down, but he thinks she doesn't look well. Paler than when they'd been on the boat, for certain. When he motions to the cave, she doesn't answer.[break][break]

He's opening his mouth to ask again, perhaps to ask if she's all right, when a cloud of darkness billows from the mouth of the cave and swallows them whole.[break][break]

Even Orion panics slightly as Nephelai's light is seemingly extinguished — he doesn't recognize the effects of smokescreen underwater. His grip on Schism is anchoring, and he clings tighter. For a moment he forgets the diving helmet he wears and hesitates to open his mouth for fear that the blackness might creep down his throat.[break][break]

Thankfully, he catches himself.[break][break]

"Stormy?" he calls, as loud as he can. "Are you OK?!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: i'm so sorry for the delay on this!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 15:55:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Orion is trying to get her attention, but her mind is foggy with unease and she finds herself unable or unwilling to answer. The fear of drowning - despite the helmet and oxygen tank - is too great, it seems.[break][break]

She does, however, scream as the space between her and her partner is lost in a cloud of thick and murky smog. The smokescreen blackens her view and leaves her alone in the dark. Her Kingdra pulls back hard and her helmet slams against the back of the Pokemon's head.[break][break]

Stormy can hear the muffled call of Orion and she mumbles in response, her focus rattled after the impact. Kingdra fights for control of the water, blasting a warning

dragon pulse

into the darkness of the cave. It illuminates the opening for only a moment, but it's enough for the shape of the Dragalge to appear.[break][break]

In response to the

dragon pulse

that was fired into the abyss, another one is returned, almost as if it had been caught and reused. It flies over Stormy's head, stirring up the water.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 1:24:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

A muffled scream pierces through the darkness and Orion whirls toward the sound, seeing nothing. Panic grips him in its cold claws as he hears pulsing through the water nearby, unsure of what they were or what had fired them.[break][break]

Grasping at his pokeball belt, he releases a random member of the team he'd brought: all suitable for the underwater environment they'd expected to face.[break][break]

The Malamar is quick to fire off a blast of psychic energy toward the Dragalge, its somewhat familiar shriek of pain alerting the ranger to the potential threat. The squid then camouflages itself in the smokescreen, adopting the water as its type.[break][break]

Though Orion doesn't see it through the smoke, Malamar also sets up a shimmering light screen between the kelp-dragon and its allies.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 3:25:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

The cold fingers of dread creep up her spine as Kingdra writhes in the water. Her hold on the Pokemon's neck and shoulders is slipping in the struggle. It's the last thrash that throws Stormy from her grip. The woman reaches out, blind in the depth of the water and unable to right herself immediately.[break][break]

But the Kingdra, without the heavy weight of its trainer, lunges forward to tackle the Dragalge that threatens them.[break][break]

When it shrieks in agony at the impact of Orion's Pokemon's

psychic

, the Kingdra fires off a more accurately placed

dragon pulse

. It slams the opponent and it's thin, spindly body twirls in the water as confusion and pain set in.[break][break]

A

light screen

is set up to protect them, and it's shimmery mirage is nearly blinding. Stormy's panic has intensified as her breathing rapidly increases - she's hyperventilating.[break][break]

Meanwhile, the Kingdra

focuses her energy

and fires off a thick stream of

bubble beam

, effectively incapacitating the Dragalge. Ever the dominant one, Stormy's Pokemon grows possessive over the fainted body of her opponent and shows visible aggression even to Orion's Pokemon, her allies.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 23:16:28 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

As the Dragalge goes down with a horrible sound, the thick underwater smokescreen begins to fade. Nephelai's light pierces through the darkness and Orion breathes a sigh of relief, kicking his fins to swim closer to his Lanturn.[break][break]

This also puts him closer to the Kingdra, however, and the ranger doesn't miss how territorial it seems to be over their fallen prey. As best as he can underwater, Orion mimes a gesture of surrender with his hands, attempting to convey to the Kingdra that they'll have no trouble from him nor his Pokemon when it came to the incapacitated Pokemon.[break][break]

He turns to check on Stormy and realises with horror that she's breathing heavily, clearly panicking. Ignoring the mouth of the cave for now, he swims close and puts a hand on her arm.[break][break]

"You're OK," he says, muffled but firm. "It's OK. We're safe. Try and steady your breathing; you don't want to burn through your air supply. But if you think you need to swim back up, I can go in alone, all right?"[break][break]

He knows the cold claws of fear only too well, and wouldn't want to subject her to them any further.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
pearlescent [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 14:54:51 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

For a moment, even with the oxygen in her mask, she feels like she's drowning.[break][break]

The smog clears and the Kingdra is revealed and she's angry. Nostrils flare as they inch closer. For whatever reason, she's become possessive of her victory and unwilling to let anyone through. She was bloodthirsty.[break][break]

Stormy's breathing slows as Orion reaches for her. His hand, even gloved, offers her comfort and her hand covers his, squeezing. With a shake of her head, she closes her eyes and focuses on slowing her breathing.[break][break]

"I'll be fine. Just.. just give me a minute."[break][break]

When she reopens her eyes, she blinks several times to adjust to the dim light, focusing on the Kingdra who continues to lunge back and forth with aggression. She raises her free hand, still holding fast to Orion's with the other.[break][break]

"That is enough, Kingdra. Move."[break][break]

The beast hesitates as Stormy raises a pokeball. It is thrown through the water with great force, coming to a stop as it skirts past Kingdra to connect with the unconscious Dragalge. It absorbs the Pokemon quickly and suddenly the Kingdra has forgotten it's earlier territorial temper.[break][break]

She returns to her master then, the pokeball being carried back lazily in her wake. Stormy leans over to retrieve it, all while having not let go of Orion. He appears to be her anchor.[break][break]

[break][break]