orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 3:36:57 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Slateport's Pokemon Center is packed by the time Orion reaches it. He'd not felt safe abandoning the disaster site until a majority of the first-responders had arrived to take over the duty of rescuing civilians and Pokemon trapped under the wreckage: there's a track of dried blood below the councilman's right ear, he's covered in numerous cuts and scrapes from helping to dig through the rubble by hand, and he might be too late.

It's loud inside the Center through his good ear: people crying, shouting, clamoring to get attention for their wounded Pokemon. Orion's never liked crowds. People press in around him, ignorant of personal space in their rush to be heard, and he finds it hard to breathe for multiple reasons.

Schism.

He's not dared to release his Swampert since recalling it during the raid, fearful of any further damage the poison might do to the mud fish outside of its protective stasis. A faint light in the Pokeball's center is the only indication he has that his partner is... well, not all right, but alive.

His hands are shaking. He feels sick. He wants nothing more than to go home, but he can't... not until he gets his Pokemon seen to.

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 6:11:21 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

there was still the fallout to deal with from the incident - and olivia was painfully aware of such. she was currently acting as an immediate supervisor to crown members, and helping direct injured pokemon and people alike. her own pokemon still needed treatment, or some of them did at least; the last she had seen of her jellicent was its creepy tentacles reaching out amongst the corpses along the streets - collecting souls.

she shuddered at the thought, and looked out over the crowd. these poor fools, out attending festivities only to face death and doom. what's worse is that they don't even know the extent of the loss. yes individuals had suffered, yes slateport had been attacked again, but it is the losses of the league that concerns olivia most. the loss of was but a paper cut compared to the sting of 's betrayal. had she been too harsh?

the self doubt left as quickly as it had manifested as she spotted a familiar face, and a potential ally. "councilman lykos, are you alright? i did not think to find you in the city still.." olivia said as she approached, taking note of his shaking hands.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 7:05:13 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Olivia catches him off guard. He tenses at the sound of his title, expecting trouble, but turns to find a familiar face in the crowd. More familiar than most of the faces in the Center, at very least. The thought does little to comfort him; after the fallout between Olivia and Balder, Orion's not entirely sure what to think of the councilwoman.

Still, his tensed shoulders relax upon the realization that he's being greeted not with demands but with concern for his well-being.

"Oh, I-I'm all right." A slight tremor in his tone betrays his shattered composure. "Physically, anyway. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that what we faced out there was... a lot."

What an excellent introduction to his boss: not in the safety of a council meeting, but while she was fused with some kind of beast and trying to strangle the life out of one of his colleagues.

"I stayed back to help with the rescue until more of the Rangers arrived, and I didn't want to stress my Hydreigon any further by flying back to Fortree for medical aid... I'm here for my Swampert. The acid rain got him pretty bad."

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 23:39:40 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

a silence filled the air between them, heavy with the casualties of the night. people had lost their pokemon - olivia had nearly lost one of her own, and people had lost their lives. her hand itched to move towards her throat, the healing abilities provided by prevented her throat from outright shutting from the swelling and soreness; but the trauma was still there. "yes." olivia replied following the pause, "yes it was - is - quite a bit to process."

she had once viewed dahlia as a respected woman, ruling over the patriarchal ideals of hoenn with a feminine fist; but now? olivia knew she had been under some form of... control, but still. that woman, her friend (?) if not ally, had tried to choke the life out of her.

"a swampert?" his concern brought olivia back to their current situation, which was fallout from the lingering shit show hours earlier. "i am no expert on the medical sciences or pokemon anatomy, but..." she popped two pokeballs, and in a flash of light, two different water type starters appeared. "actaea and ceto." a brionne and mudkip that looked up at orion with what could be puppy dog eyes. "the former is a capable healer in her own rights, and my mudkip, well, perhaps your swampert could use some comfort as well." olivia offered to her peer with a sad smile.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 8:46:08 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

Olivia releases her Pokemon into what little space remains in the Pokemon center, and Orion's expression is pained as he looks down at the faint light emanating from Schism's pokeball. He clings to it like a crutch: so long as he doesn't release the Swampert from its stasis, he can believe that his beloved partner is all right. Alive. That he'll recover.

He needs to face it eventually.

Like ripping off a band-aid, the councilman closes his eyes and swallows before pressing the button.

He can't help his horrified intake of breath when his partner emerges. The normally ocean-blue hide of the Swampert has shifted to a pale purple, as if the toxins themselves have changed the colour of its skin. Orion's owned so-called 'shiny' Pokemon before, and most were healthy, but — but the coincidence of this was alarming enough to blind all reason.

Schism is unresponsive, unconscious, but the hand that Orion braces against his chest registers the weak thump of a heartbeat. His fingers tremble as he presses the button to recall him, looking up at Olivia with a conflicted expression.

"I'm worried what'll happen if I — if the poison hasn't run its course." He feels suddenly dizzy, like he's going to faint. There are no available chairs left in the lobby, and Orion steadies himself against a wall instead, forehead damp with a cold sweat. "Your Pokemon, did they all make it? The bombs, I saw..."

It had been a whirl of chaos, but he vaguely recalled Olivia and her Kingler being in danger at some point. Had it survived?

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 21:08:35 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

"yes," olivia began quietly, flashback from the minefield outside the lighthouse bombarding her memory. "all of mine own survived the ordeal." she added with a somber note; for many had perished, in fact, there had been a direct casualty because of her actions. the spirit of the sands, mystic of the desert - a flygon - had met its end in the sands of the slateport beach. the trainer was masked, , that much she could remember distinctly, for he was one of those who had not been present after the clown monster vanished.

yet, it was the here and now she was concerned with. those who had survived, and those, like her, who had been traumatized: physically or emotionally. the swampert was, by no accounts, healthy. olivia was no expert, but as her young mudkip sniffed about curiously, she could tell by his expression alone that orion's swampert was in need of healing.

the clinic was getting loud, olivia realized, and full. crown personnel were doing what could be done to relieve the pokecenter nurses - but still. as people began to congest the lines, some even taking notice of the two council members, olivia rose in a manner that could only be described as regal. her stark silver hair had been beach blown and encrusted with sea salt from the battle earlier, and despite the pain she was enduring, olivia knew she had to act the part.

she offered a hand to orion, muttering, "come with me, we might be able to help your swampert yet." olivia began to maneuver through the crowd, presuming orion followed, and out a back door of the pokecenter, with both of her her Pokemon following behind dutifully.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:05:49 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

"We're the fortunate ones, then."[break][break]

His words are soft, spoken without much conviction. He could lose his Swampert yet; that knowledge pulses in the back of his thoughts, yet still he refuses to levy his position on the council to receive accelerated treatment. His selflessness runs deep enough to become a flaw: he gives and gives until there is nothing left, until he is dried-up husk ripe for the taking.[break][break]

Olivia rises and Orion looks up to her, her silhouette wreathed in the too-bright lights of the Pokemon Center. He takes the offered hand and gets to his feet with a quiet nod of thanks.[break][break]

As politicians, their views may clash, but his appreciation of her humanity in this moment is genuine and raw.[break][break]

Though confused as she leads him out the back — blissfully away from the noise and prying eyes — Orion follows like a shadow, close and silent.[break][break]

"Where are we going?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 21:49:54 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

"to the sea." she muttered, her voice whined away by that salty breeze. it was late, well into the night and nearing the wee hours of the morning. the moon hung over head as the two padded over the sea soaked sands. the tide brought forth foam and debris alike, pushing and pulling, in its eternal dance. "the sea is where all life hails, councilman." olivia remarked, walking into the crashing tide until it nearly reached her knees. her pokemon waded in behind her as she added ominously, "it is also where most life meets death."

"today, however, it will be where your swampert finds peace." she turned to him, the moon casting her in its shining silver light; and for a moment, the briefest, it was almost angelic. the moonbeams reflected off the abbiati hair - or looked to be absorbed even, as her messy silver hair blew in the night wind. her face was in a shadow as she looked to him, saying, "release your partner here, submerge him in the briny bath; and let us take pra- take action."

she corrected herself, quickly, but was unsure if he had caught it. or what all he knew of her clan, of her ancient hoenn house; of their worship.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 23:37:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Though he isn't intimately familiar with their practices, Orion knows of the Abiatti family and their religion. How they revered the sea above all else. He doesn't understand it, but he's too worn down from the night's events to question her words. He just wants his Pokemon to be all right.[break][break]

Releasing his Swampert into the surf, his heart wrenches at the creature's agonizing cries. The councilman's expression is visibly tortured as he kneels in the water next to his Pokemon with no regard for how it soaks through his clothes and stings at open wounds.[break][break]

"I know, buddy, I know, shh, it's okay," he murmurs with one hand on Schism's flank, trying to soothe with words where he's otherwise unable to help. His eyes are shining with tears not shed when he looks up at Olivia. "How is this supposed to help?"[break][break]

It's not accusing; it's almost hopeful, like she might know some miracle cure for the pain his partner was in.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 3:37:40 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

olivia empathized with orion, for the pain he felt for his pokemon. his question would not fall on deaf ears, but instead of answering, olivia gently pulled him away from the injured swampert. "we let the sea cleanse her child." she muttered, before closing her eyes and kneeling in the salty water. it reached just under her nose, and so olivia began to hum an ancient song of the sea.

[player]https://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/l2py5bnsrn/All_Gone_No_Escape_.mp3[/player]

to orion, he could most likely only hear the crashing of the tide; but the three pokemon present could hear the sound waves travel through the water much easier than through the air, and the mudkip and swampert alike could sense the vibrations with their fins. yet, it was actaea who acted, singing a soothing song in tune with olivia's humming. this song quickly put the swampert to sleep, more importantly however, the water around the injured pokemon began to glow - responding to the brionne's liquid voice.

ceto began to paddle around the swampert gently, around and around, until a calm whirlpool of the glowing water manifested. he then went by olivia's side, whose eyes were closed in concentration as she focused on prayer, the fin atop his head vibrating and producing the same pitch of her song. actaea continued to sing her song of the sea. the moonlight around her began to vibrate and encapsulate the songstress until it fractured in a burst of moonblast.

actea continued her song, but as a primarina now, the liquid voice easing the pain as she cried tears for her fellow water type. tears of healing life dew, that swirled within the whirlpool. the rhythm of the song continued, and with each life dew infused tear, the whirlpool flashed with silver light.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 9:05:33 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion tenses at her touch, but reluctantly allows Olivia to pull him away from the suffering Swampert. There was nothing he could do for Schism, and if she knew something that could help...[break][break]

His hands are shaking uncontrollably, and the councilman stuffs them into his pockets in an effort to conceal his weakness. It's a force of habit drilled into him by a family far more suited to politics than he.[break][break]

He forces himself to focus on the rhythmic crash of the tide, shivering as the sea breeze catches on his damp clothes. The Brionne sings beautifully, and Orion thinks that Schism must be listening as the mud fish turns its head toward the sound. Though never a particularly religious man, soured to the practices by his oppressive upbringing, there's a certain allure to the flashing, swirling water. Within his pockets, Orion's nails dig deep into his palms.[break][break]

Please let this work.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 1:13:30 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

who could be certain the way in which fate plays its hand. perhaps it was the fervent prayer, or the healing tears, even the salty sea itself could be to thank as the toxins were ripped from the swampert's flesh in the swirling tides of silver. the whirlpool whipped furiously, the glowing waters stained violet from the poisons. olivia rose, the seafoam around them taking on a pink hue as misty terrain enveloped them all. "maiden of the sea, caller of the tides, hear me now!"

she brought her hands up and the tainted waters began to gather in between her hands with an icy wind from actaea, "ease this child of the depths from their pain, relieve them of the distress wrought by hate!" as olivia's prayer continued, ceto began to freeze the ill colored water into a purple ice ball.

actaea's song shifted with olivia's prayer, her song becoming willful and strong with the whirlpool raging on as life dew continued to flash throughout its waters. "as i say, so mote it be!" olivia declared at last, her tone practically commanding the swampert to be healed. the sea became calm and peaceful once more as olivia's pokemon finished their own acts of prayer. actaea shed her last healing tear before ending her song, and waking the swampert with a gentle tap on its fin. ceto, froze the poisonous ice ball four times over until its shell was thick and opaque.

olivia held the frozen ball in one hand while she reached with the other for orion. "go, check on your companion." she commented quietly.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 10:43:21 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion is unsure if the scene before them is beautiful or horrific. Due to the purple pallor of the Swampert's skin, it almost looks as if the Pokemon itself is slowly being drawn into the swirling waters. An illusion brought on by the sensory overload; he understands this, yet still feels the pull of anxiety.[break][break]

He's transfixed by the swirling purple orb, even as the song comes to an end and the sea returns to its earlier calm. He stares at the orb in Olivia's hand, the toxins obscured from his vision but not his knowledge.[break][break]

Olivia's voice snaps him out of it, and he stumbles numbly over to his Swampert and kneels next to him in the surf.[break][break]

His skin remains vivid violet, and Orion thinks at first that it hasn't worked. Hot tears force themselves past eyes squeezed shut, and he doesn't bother to swipe them away to save his dignity. If this was all for naught—[break][break]

It's Schism who rouses him from panic, his low grumble reverberating in Orion's bones. He's nearly knocked over into the water when the Swampert nudges him, as if silently urging him to knock it off. Orion's laughter is a strangled sound.[break][break]

"I-It... it worked...?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 23:53:25 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

"indeed." olivia answered quietly, observing the frozen sphere of death in her hands. she knew was doing research into the ultra beasts - this excretion might prove useful for the gym leader. she set it aside, after which ceto began to play with it in the floating water like a beach ball of doom.

actaea, a fully grown primarina now, wadded over to olivia's side. "as i said, actaea is a healer in her own right; yet it is customary to give thanks to the sea, especially when prayers are answered swiftly." the sea mistress said calmly. in snowpoint, where the waters were more than not frozen over, the sacrifice was a quick dip into the sea; any longer and one could lose a toe to frostbite. here, in hoenn, in her home where the seas stayed warm year round - another sacrifice would need to be made.

olivia submerged herself in the sea, dropping like a stone. in times of old, with action been made so quickly, her clan may have sacrificed one to the sea completely: life and all. now, however, olivia made a simple prayer underwater. bubbles surfaced as she prayed and the minutes passed...

one...
two...

... and some odd seconds later, olivia burst forth from the sea - gasping for air. "we give thanks, dweller of the depths, to thee. we honor you in this life for the life you have saved today." she said in between sucking in air. she should practice holding her breath more, it was nothing like it used to be.

olivia wiped a stray silver strand form her face and turned to orion, "i am going to have the toxins sent to to further his research, but as for your swampert; i do believe we have done our part." there was a sad smile across her face dripping in sea water.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wish [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 20:59:24 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

He feels distant in his relief, like the release of the gnawing worry has allowed his exhaustion to manifest in full force. He watches the Mudkip with the frozen ball without truly seeing, turning his attention to Olivia only when she speaks and reminds him of her presence.[break][break]

Arceus, he's so tired.[break][break]

"Oh," he murmurs. "How...?"[break][break]

His unformed question is answered when Olivia submerges herself in the tropical waters. He expects her to resurface after a few seconds, but the minutes draw themselves out in slow motion. Worry returns as a churning in his gut, one hand braced against his Swampert's flank to keep him steady as he stares at the space she'd disappeared. He ought to dive after her, right?[break][break]

Her Pokemon are what give him pause. They don't seem concerned, and surely they'd know if she were in danger?[break][break]

He jumps a little when she resurfaces with a gasp, relieved and alarmed in tandem.[break][break]

"You... yeah, you've done more than your part," he admits, managing a weary smile as he looks down at his Swampert, weakened and altered but alive, alive. "Please — tell him to contact me if he finds out anything that might affect Schism long-term." Another worried glance to the Swampert, who has himself waded over to the deathly ice ball. Orion wonders if he understands what it contains, or if he's merely curious about the Mudkip's 'toy'. "Thank you, Olivia. Truly."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: he needs a nap

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay