orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 13:00:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

As the one who'd organized the meeting, Orion had suggested his house as a relatively neutral location that would not arouse too much suspicion. All involved were affiliated with the Rangers in some way or another, from the reserve, to the Elite, to the Head Ranger himself. was a special case, the youngest of the group, but it wasn't the first time she'd interacted with the rangers.

Recieving guests has always been a source of stress for the councilman: he cleans an already tidy home for the umpteenth time, straightens decorative pillows on a couch that rarely sees use, lights incense that smells of pine and morning dew.

Throughout the process, the chimera that had prompted this conjunction of criminals watches Orion intently, seemingly studying his every movement. It's unnerving, but Orion allows it nevertheless. He seeks to understand the creature as much as it clearly longs to understand him.

That's why he's doing this, after all.

It came with tremendous risk, given his new position on the council. He could lose his job harboring a secret like this. As could . But his drive to understand the horrors the group had individually created far outweighed his fear of compromise.

Type: Null just seemed so lost sometimes. Like a newborn released into the world without direction.

A knock at the door nearly has him departing from his skin, but Orion pulls it together and goes to open it, offering a wan smile to his guest.

"You're first to arrive, congrats," is dry in its delivery. He waves a hand. "Come in."

as promised, the mega thread for the nulls! (if anyone with a null who isn't tagged reads this and wants to find a way to get involved just hmu on discord)

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#444444;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #4ab97b; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 16:38:54 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Of all the ideas Orion had suggested, this had to have been the worst.

Steal, lie and murder your way into earning the favour of a mysterious benefactor. Take his plans after his arrest and use them to make that which should have never existed. Find a group of other trainers that had chosen to defy both the law and nature itself. Put all of them in a small room to discuss their crimes and the twisted fruits of their labour. For bonus points, have each of them release their wired abominations into that small room to compare and contrast, all while stopping them from turning each other into ribbons.

'This is really dumb,' she'd replied to his email. 'I'll see you there.' Followed by two dozen emoticons of varying intensity.

There was a lot to be said abour the kind of friends Orion made, if he knew enough people to call a meeting of thieves and murderers. Then again, he knew her, who happened to be both. She had her reasons, of course, but they'd likely say the same. She couldn't help but wonder what people better off than her could say to defend what they'd done, her ranger friend included.

That was part of the reason why she'd accepted his offer in the first place. On top of that, she'd already sought out help understanding Frankie, but progress on that had been much too slow for a girl that rarely stopped. Most of all, she owed Orion that much. He'd helped her too many times for her to turn down the invitation, even if his was a plan even she had second thoughts about.

For reference, Annie had caught one of her strongest Pokemon by walking up to a horde of Tyranitar, lobbing a Pokeball into the crowd, sending her partner to run in and retrieve it, and then had both of them run for their life for two miles from their fury.

She arrived first, face half-wrappped in an oversized lime scarf. He'd likely recognise the tracksuit she wore, thanks to her very limited wardrobe, and her hiker's backpack remained as full as ever. The walking shoes on her feet, courtesy of , stood out solely because of how little wear and tear they showed compared to everything else on her.

Annie greeted the man with her eyes before two fingers pulled the scarf off her mouth. "I'm not sure that I want this prize." The remnants of a smile could be heard in her voice, but given their circumstances, it wasn't too surprising that she seemed... off. A far cry from the girl that loved to make an entrance.

The sight of his apartment behind him reminded her of better days and helped ease her mind. Then she saw his Type: Null, and the realisation gave her pause for the third time that day. A man lauded in her mind, one of the best that she knew... Might not have been much better than herself. She didn't like that thought, and she especially didn't like that proof of it was staring her in the face.

Still, that wasn't its fault. None of the Nulls had asked to be dragged into the world, and yet, there it was. "You don't mind if I...?" She made her way into the apartment, slow steps taking her to Orion's beast. If it was anything like hers, slow and steady movements could prevent a surprise attack. Could being the key word.

If she managed to make it within arm's length without the beast looking especially hostile, she'd offer it her hand. It had long enough to sniff or stare at or accept that her arm was there before she tried giving it a few pats atop its helmet. From that, perhaps, she could gauge how different their chimeras were.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 7:48:25 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

Evan perhaps, thought more than most about how the best way not to raise suspicions was to not be suspicious looking to begin with.

So Evan makes an entrance as he always does, catching the door before it can close behind a familiar looking face and pushing it back open with a gentle nudge. He hadn't even realized she was the one in front of him even though he really should have been. It was a surprise to see her but it made it easier to confirm he may very well be going in the right direction.

Look, it was easy to get lost in fortree when you were a scatter brain.

"Knock knock every body home yet?" Evan says, peeking his head in to be sure, waiting for a proper invite in of course before he'll care to enter. If there's one thing he can be relied on for its the ever calm expression on his face. Even with another of the beasts standing right in the middle of Orion's living room. Nothing about Evan suggests he's even mildly on edge about any of this, not like he should be, not like every one else probably will be.

Though most don't know it, those contacts cover up to worry and concern his eyes, hey keep the world from knowing that deep bellow this worries him.

There are too many trails leading back to home.

@youkon

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 3:24:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Honestly, he had no idea what he was going to do with his own ‘abomination’, so to speak. Lars had already let the weird, masked creature wander around his other Pokémon companions, and for some reason its presence had greatly upset not just Alpha, but Ro of all things.

Ro. His Metagross. Weirded out by something neither of them could comprehend.

He could only guess why Orion had sent him a coded message inviting him over to Fortree—it was loads better meeting in a place that wasn’t too heavily watched by the League.

…he wondered what his Gym Leader friend would think, them meeting under his nose, wandering around with these ‘freaks of nature’.

He had wanted to smash the mask open, but there was something—his instinct, as always—telling him not to.

Of course, Lars was not prepared for the sight of the other members in this meeting—one of them definitely jarring. As he showed up, he hoped he wasn’t the last to arrive to this whole mess. He hoped he wasn’t. There was a lot of explaining to do…

What surprised him more than anything was the sight of a familiar-looking man that was among the haphazard assembly, causing his eyes to nearly bug out at his presence.

“E—Evan?” he muttered quietly, trying to hide the shock, the surprise that had threatened to show up on his face as he strode across the room, hoping that there was another place for him to sit down at.

Of course, he was not prepared to see the entirety of the mismatched crew that had gathered here today.

“So we’re missing someone,” he began as delicately as he could manage, his eyes wandering over to the same beast he knew that Orion possessed.

he has his own Null with him. just not visibly displayed

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 16:30:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy had tossed turned for hours after receiving Orion's e-mail. It wasn't a good idea. In fact, it was incredibly dangerous, and it's why she had left the councilman on read. She hadn't had any indication of coming - she wasn't interested in eyes being on her, of judgment and the ugly truth. [break][break]

So it surprised her more that she did, eventually, stand on Orion's doorstep. She would be the last one to arrive and would hear the telltale voice of Laurence Anderson announcing that someone was missing. Herself, probably.[break][break]

Stormy brushes rainwater from her jacket with one hand, spraying the droplets on the front step before letting herself in. Her movements are stiff but prompt, hanging up her coat to dry while she scurries to find someplace inconspicious to sit. She's regretting coming already.[break][break]

Orion's Type: Null lays in the centre of the room, quiet, calculating. It sends a shiver down her spine, and she swallows the lump in her throat. Otherwise, the woman says nothing upon arrival.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 23:33:26 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Much as her appearance rings of familiarity, Annie seems different. Off. Unsettled, perhaps. Orion can hardly blame her, and he makes no comment as he invites her inside and nods in response to the question.[break][break]

"Go ahead, just... be careful."[break][break]

The chimera has never attacked him outright, but it's shown tendencies toward aggression under certain circumstances. Orion stands to the side and watches anxiously as Annie approaches, summoning his Absol closer with a gesture of his hand in case they need to intervene. Katas was one of the few Pokemon in Orion's collection of misfits that the Null didn't seem to mind.[break][break]

It watches Annie like a hawk as she approaches, dead silent apart from its steady breathing. It doesn't move, not even as she gets within striking distance, and simply stares impassively at her when she offers a hand. At least, Orion thinks the creature is impassive. He's really not sure what to make of it, sometimes, except that he'd seen clear signs that it was struggling.[break][break]

"Percy's usually like this... real quiet, y'know? Is yours...?"[break][break]

Though it doesn't seem to react to the pat on its helmet, it does turn its head at the sound of the 'name'. Whether it's recognition or just acknowledgement of being spoken about, Orion can't say.[break][break]

They're joined shortly by the others, an unlikely group of individuals all guilty of a shared crime. Not for the first time, Orion wonders if this is something he's going to regret.[break][break]

"That's all of us," he says, once Stormy's taken her seat. Orion's Type: Null has taken to staring at each guest in turn, silently analyzing. The Absol has taken up a position at his side, close enough that their fur is touching. A comfort. "Everyone I know of, anyway. The way things went with Cotillard... I doubt we're the only ones." He sighs, then laughs, a strained sound absent of actual humour. "Listen: I know this is probably weird for everyone. It's weird for me. But I really want to understand these... uh... Pokemon?" It comes out as a question. "Help them, even. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but mine's a little, uh... he gets distressed, sometimes. I think it's the helmet."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 17:36:44 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
At least she’d managed to lay a hand on the beast. That was more than she could’ve said for Frankie after it had been born. Built. Made. Annie was never sure which word to use. “I never heard a word out of it before the night market,” she admitted, a little calmer now that the Null had proven itself to be hostile. Or just uncaring. It was hard to tell with them, and it was far from the only thing in the room puzzling her.

It was one of the few times she wasn’t happy to be surrounded by familiar faces, knowing that each and every one of them was just as guilty as she was. None of them could have shared her defence for doing it, so… what had led them there? Why? Did she dare ask?

Probably not. Even she knew that was the worst kind of icebreaker.

She took a seat as far away from Stormy as possible and listened as Orion took the floor. It didn’t take long for her to knit her brow. “You too?” A moment later, she realised she’d need to elaborate. “’Limiter helmet’. That’s what my plans called it. I’m not sure what it could be limiting other than… Well, itself, right?”

She stuffed a hand into her pocket, retrieving a Pokeball. There were no prizes for guessing who hid within, but she left it on display for a few seconds. She wouldn’t put it past them to have objections to having two chimeras in the same room. Hell, even she wasn’t sure that it would end well.

“Frankie doesn’t get distressed. Not often, anyway. It just seems confused, but in a distant way, all the time. Like it doesn’t really know why it’s there, or what it’s meant to be doing. It’s doing a lot better now, but only because I’ve been working at it since I got it.” Still, it was hard to miss the worry in her voice. All of her Pokemon had a piece of her heart, even the crime that she’d dragged into the world. Whether it was in spite of or despite said crime was another matter.
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","tag"][attr="class","tag"][attr="class","tag"][attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2020 19:37:25 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

Each and every face in theroom is familiar from one place or another. Each and every one of them is a surprise in its own way. Evan can at least say for certain how he got here, what dark and rotten part of himself let it happen. The need to discover and find out what lay beneath those encrypted files simply for the sake of it- the ties to a world most of them wouldn't even think him capable of being tied to. All those lovely little things that swam in the warm sea around him without anyone knowing, the creatures lurking at the bottoms of the ocean and watching hungrily for their chance.

He listens carefully, for the darkness lurks at their footsteps now. This gathering seeped in something, even the one he most adored in the room was proving himself capable of it by being here. The gentle grin Evan offers can't possibly be enough to quiet the doubts and worries it brings. They'll have much to talk about another night.

But oddly enough, Evan finds a comfort in it. His voice is as mellow and calm as it always is when he speaks. "Axe is mostly just quiet, lost in his own little world I think. He likes to watch more than anything else, little over zealous when he does do something. Quick to decide to do so." He rattles off about his own, and unlike Annie who seemed hesitant to release her own Evan taps the ball on his wrist and sets the pokemon free without hesitation. The off-colored chimera settles at his feet without hesitation, locking eyes with the other one.

Moments later it looks up at Evan, leaning back until he leans down far enough for the creature to but the front of the cage against his forehead, what he has come to take as an affectionate gesture, before it settles at his feet again. If it thinks anything about engaging with the other beast it does not let it show. The pokemon sighs, relaxes even. It seems to take after the man that has been watching over it. "And that, I think, is a sign of affection, sometimes he comes down from the attic and won't leave me alone until I let him do and then he goes right back up to watch from the window. If he gets distressed it's not in the way the rest of you are describing... at least I don't think so."

He does his best to keep from looking at Lars until now, because frankly he's not sure he wants to face that topic that will undeniably be sitting between them now.

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 4:07:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

To hear that some of them had given names to their… unusual Pokémon was a stretch in itself. He kept his attention on Orion mostly, because he knew that the other Ranger had called this meeting and so far? So far?

It was becoming clear just who had managed to complete that set of dastardly deeds before the one who made them all do it was carted away and locked up somewhere, possibly to never see the light of day again.

Okay, he knew that Orion had one of them, but…

“Evan?” he barely managed to squeak out in a ‘what the actual fuck’ tone. “You—you have one, too?!”

Seeing as everyone else was bringing out their chimeras, he decided… ah, shit. Guess it’s time to see just how badly I sinned, too… he thought darkly as he shuffled around for a particular containment unit and popping it to full size.

“Well, here’s mine,” he muttered quietly, flicking it forward and watching as his own Type:Null emerged from the beam of red light, landing with a quiet crunching noise against the floor. Unlike the others, though, his immediately turned to face him… and outright stare at him with its one visible eye.

Like it was accusing him of something.

“…for some reason, mine keeps staring at me. When I have them out. It’s really unnerving, to say the least…” he continued before letting out a tired sigh.

he's just WTF at Evan right now

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
null and void [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 4:18:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: