may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 20:57:37 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah dresses the part. clad in light blues, almost pastel, he enters the ballroom with a carpet of vines. his victreebel breathes heavily as its leaves rustle loudly against the floor. as he makes it to his seat, he hides a bouquet of flowers underneath the table.

"hmph."

he's not used to such things. he wonders why he's even here. perhaps, there is the smallest seed of longing somewhere in the thornbush of his heart.

despite his sharp look, elijah props his elbow in the table and rests his head lazily on the edge of his palm. his victreebel does the same. they wait quietly, luring their prey with the sweetly scented flickering of limb and vine.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 22:21:46 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamLeft"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","pokeMars"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]he comes straight from work, black shirt and suit trousers, nothing vastly different from his normal wear. he'd left his jacket in his office, but he was already running slightly late as it was. belle nudges his back to hurry him up. "yeah--" he rolls his sleeves back down, straightens his cuffs. "yeah i got it."
[break][break]
the table's easy enough to locate, marcel's surprised to see a familiar head of green hair. "oh," there's the quiet exhale of a laugh, "fancy seeing you again."
[break][break]he takes the chair opposite, sends the man a grin. belle settles close behind him, peering protectively over his shoulder. he hesitates, because his appearance has changed and he's not too sure of the impression he'd made on elijah, but stops short of supplying a name. it was the safer option, if he didn't in fact remember him.
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...
[break][break]
TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamLeft]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#9d89af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 23:11:09 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

surprisingly, elijah's scowl does not stay. seeing his handsome counterpart take the other chair, familiarity sloughs off the hard skin of bitterness. instead, he smiles small. coincidence is a mini miracle.

although the other's appearance has changed, elijah is keen enough to recall the general airs of one marcel maeda and a stuffy museum basement. he pulls out his bouquet.

loosely, it falls from his hand and drops on to the table like a head. guillotined.

"thought i scared you away." elijah's smile rearranges itself like eroding stone. it hardens into his neutral frown. "you look different. are you hiding from me?"

his victreebel seems to have a piercing on its lip hanging from inside of its body. a curved metal hook rests on the pink flesh of its mouth and disappears into its stomach like a thermometer.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 0:32:50 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]his expression brightens mildly at the bouquet, the kind gesture unexpected. shit. his joy does not last long. he hadn't gotten him anything. elijah seemed like he had this dating thing down better than he did, and he'd been married, for god's sake.
[break][break]
yeah, good job marcel.
[break][break]
elijah's question is softened by the joke that follows. he probably wouldn't have known how to respond otherwise. was elijah still with rocket? while he was curious, it was hardly a question to be asked out in the open, even less so in a situation like this. he laughs again. "i'm hiding from a lot of things," comes his response, "none of them you, don't worry."
[break][break]
it's a lot easier with elijah knowing who he is. marcel's able to relax a bit more, not needing to juggle his alternate persona. he doubts he'll be this fortunate for the rest of the evening.
[break][break]
the flowers seem to glare at him from their place on the table. "sorry, i should have gotten you something." he finds himself stumbling for an excuse. "i just came from work, you see." frankly, marcel was proud that he'd managed to make it on time. well, give or take a few minutes.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 5:27:22 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"you already gave me that ugly-ass mutt."

the helmeted abomination rattles in his mind like rusted chains. how long ago has it been? he cringes, wrinkling his brow like a buckled carpet. like a ripple in time.

"it's doing fine, if you're wondering. being studied." in a rare moment of flirtation, elijah finds himself drawn naturally to the next line. "nice to have my eyes on something pretty for once."

elijah stops. his victreebel's vines still. the pause scolds his clumsy tongue, and he scoops the bouquet's stalks with a harsh claw. however, it's no theft. instead, he offers it closer to marcel.

"i grew these myself, so take them." elijah says. "take it quickly before i begin to regret them."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 9:17:24 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]god, that had been a while ago.
[break][break]
marcel doesn't need to strain to remember that night in the museum, what the two had ended up finding had imprinted itself in the man's mind. "glad to see i left it in good hands." the research was entirely expected, morbid curiosity was unavoidable when it came to the creature in question. at the flirtation, he raises a brow, but does not question it. this is a speed dating event, after all.
[break][break]
"seems like you missed me more than you let on," he teases.
[break][break]
at the further prompting, marcel accepts the flowers with a grateful smile. belle perks up as he takes the gift into his hands, stretching over to bury her nose in the bouquet. she lets out a quiet, but pleased cry.
[break][break]
"so you're a gardener?" he keeps the bouquet resting on his shoulder for the sake of his dragonair, so she doesn't have to coil herself around him to reach it. "you never struck me as that type, though i suppose the name certainly fits."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 3:12:59 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah scoffs at marcel's teasing. the bouquet is graciously accepted and consecrated with a dragon's cheerful purr. quietly, he appreciates the continuation of blue.

"you could say that."elijah wants a toothpick. a stalk to chew on. "name's purely a coincidence."

the musical interlude plays. strings. fanciful studies. ill-fitting, elijah thinks, for his thornbush heart. still, he finds himself disappointed at the brevity of their reunion.

he wonders when he will see marcel again.

"time's up. too bad." elijah says. "maybe i'll see you around again. maybe i won't. at least i don't hide."

elijah pushes his chair out, his victreebel already searching for the next available table.

"so come find me." he departs with a scattering of leaves.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
honey & vinegar (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 13:51:28 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]he watches him leave. such a brief meeting, after all that time; a reminder, more than a reunion. marcel examines the bouquet in his hand for a moment before getting up to find somewhere to put it. taking it to his next table would only lead to a misunderstanding.
[break][break]
as he walks, his curiosity finally gets the better of him. he takes out his phone and sends a short text to ask if an elijah gardner was still in their ranks.
[break][break]

[break][break]